All Comments on 'Mountain Man'

by yukonnights

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
MichelleWhoIsMichelleWhoIsover 15 years ago
A true depiction of life

You my friend, have captured that which many have tried to put in words. The feelings and emotions which a two spirited person accepts. It is my hope that with research and open minded thought, you will learn more about a part of life that isn't discussed fully or understood.

jenellesljenelleslabout 9 years ago
Well Done

You kept my interest through the entire story. I like how you used each stage to bring him a step further along each time and how the loss of the previous only became the stepping stone for the next and better stage.

Excellent story. I would like to see you continue your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
so very touching to me

words cannot express the feelings this brought up in me , lots of tears. an amazing story as some won who has finally!!! accepted who i am after such a long confusing time . to read this . this is truly touched me deeply thank you so very much for your effort in expressing the characters inner growth and acceptance of themselves .i hope you step into this area again , best wishes to you.

yukonnightsyukonnightsabout 7 years agoAuthor
Dear Anonymous One,

It is I who should thank you for finding this story, reading it and telling me how much it touched you. This is the best reward I could ever hope for! I'm happy for you that you have been able to put the confusion and fear behind you, I hope you can let your true beauty shine brightly for the rest of your days!!!

KantariiKantariiover 5 years ago

This was an interesting story to read🌹Kant

KantariiKantariiover 5 years ago

I enjoyed reading this story🌹Kant

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Jamie is a transgender WOMAN. We aren't described by our sex, our looks, or assigned gender at birth. We're described by our true internal gender.

Jamie is not a man. A "transgender man" is male inside. A "transgender woman" is female inside. Folks who are neither male nor female, are both and female, are sometimes one or the other, and/or are something else are called "nonbinary."

Please fix this. It's incredibly depressing to be written about and seen for just your body.

yukonnightsyukonnights4 months agoAuthor

Dear Anonymous,

As always, I appreciate it when someone is into a story enough to leave a comment. However, if you read the introduction of this story again you'll notice that I admitted that I am no expert in regard to trans people. Considering the time in which this story is set, there was no concept of "transgender people". However, the native/indigenous people of the time did have the term "Two Spirits" to describe what we now call transgender.

As I said above, I appreciate your interest in the story but feel you are unfamiliar with the people in time this story takes place.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useryukonnights@yukonnights
a true romantic who believes; that love is more powerful than hate...that kindness is stronger than cruelty...that sex fueled by true love is better than sex fueled by lust alone...that there is good in all people, it's just hard sometimes to find... edit 12-2013) It's been...