All Comments on 'My Life with Serena'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 172 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

Resonates my experiences. Depressing. After 3 attempts my wife finally succeeded suicide. I am shunned. The do gooders have schadenfreude.

Dexshim@Gmail.com

brn2vdobrn2vdo2 months ago

It was an interesting read. Would have enjoyed old Tim getting what he deserved ;]

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I think I might want to try Old Bay meatloaf. I have lived in Maryland and Virginia for most of my adult life, and that’s a new one!!

You called Serena “Rebecca” at some point early on.

Why wouldn’t he follow up on what Beau said, or ever try to talk to Serena’s ‘companion’ or her parents?

When Serena was cited for indecent exposure, you mentioned “other charges” and that it would take two months for that hearing. But there was no follow-up. Nothing about the hearing or what those other charges were. Then later, when he was arrested, the policeman hinted something that had happened to her in the past. Did I miss it? Or did you leave it out on purpose? Very frustrating.

Anyway, in my opinion, his handling of her psychoses (that’s ‘es’, plural) was abysmal. And he’s a doctor for god’s sake. She needed to be in a care facility, if only for her own safety.

And Tim needed some SERIOUS payback.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A lovely tale that really exemplifies "in sickness and in health." Tim was a monster. I mean to fuck around with the medication of a woman with severe mental issues, just to try to get in her pants. That is really fucked up. He got off too lightly and will probably go on to harm others. Hopefully Serena gets better, or at least not get worse, and they have a lovely long and happy life together.

LeRoyEdwardsLeRoyEdwards7 months ago

What an interesting and unusual plot line. An entertaining read!!

Anonymous1956Anonymous195610 months ago

She is mentally unstable. She knows it and he knows it. Despite this and any future problems they are likely to have, love is tie that binds them together.,..4 stars for me..

Ocker53Ocker5310 months ago

A really lovely story of love and devotion ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Rambling mess.

.

2 **

AlanDavidAlanDavidabout 1 year ago

Sad & scary when reality becomes so gloomy.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 1 year ago
What an absolute mess

Did you intentionally write this the exact opposite of how he should have handled things at every turn???

Once again a story with no likable characters.

The Doctor endangers his children every day by not having her committed to the nut house.

Just an awful story and overly repetitive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

We all have our "for better or for worse" moments, but it's nice to be reminded that someone might have it worse than I.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeftover 1 year ago

A tough story to read. You have well described how it feels to have a loved one who swings between wild, unpredictable behavior (e.g. running naked out of the house) and back to their normal behavior, becoming for a heart-breakingly short time the loving spouse they once were. In many ways, you are describing my aunt, and the anguish her husband and children went through for decades. Thanks for tackling such a difficult problem. I identify with the MC a bit to much to have enjoyed reading the story, but give 5 stars for a well-told story that was worth telling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

TL;DR: Don't stick your dick in crazy.

Hornydevil47Hornydevil47over 1 year ago

Once again I thank you for your story. It was so well written but extremely complex. Readers really need to concentrate to get the best out of your stories. Readers that skim the pages do not do the story justice. People that complain about the length of the story have only to look at the beginning to see how many words there are, it's called a clue. Thank god you are not an author that constantly gives descriptions of giant penises, it makes a pleasant change. Thank you for your stories. Mel B known as Hornydevil47

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Absolute crap, for a doctor to go off on one who he knew was sick and all he could think of was punishing her after he found out it was Tim who caused it. Seriously waste of time reading this

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story but where is the payback for Tim?????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It was very well written, and a good story!

JerseyCaptainJerseyCaptainabout 2 years ago

Great story. You seem to have insight on dealing with a spouse with mental challenge. Well done.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerabout 2 years ago

I loved the story, the backstory, the mental health issue and it was well written! 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think this might be my favorite story of yours, and why can be summed up by the line towards the end: What was the line; in sickness and in health, for better or for worse, forsaking all others, till death...

Divorce has its place, as does reconciliation, but sometimes it’s not about that and that’s why I love this story.

amygdalaamygdalaover 2 years ago

Amazing story!! Is any of this based on real life events?

ibuguseribuguseralmost 3 years ago

A love story really. 5*.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

Beautiful, complete story! This tale is in your top tier for sure. I can't imagine the research you have to do to get this right, unless you've lived part of it in real life. Great job on the characters and the entire story arc. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

What bothers me is a formula on here. Start telling a story so the reader gets into it and then pause the story to tell all kinds of back story. Not interested in how they met. Just tell the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
unique

This really is a one-of-a-kind story. Nice job of providing some insight, totally sympathetic to the pair, while still fulfilling the requirements for a Loving Wives tale. Very touching.

FarnorthmanFarnorthmanover 3 years ago
Touching story

5 stars, I really liked the story. Tim really doews need his own special hell

tangledweedtangledweedover 3 years ago

They are all crazy, though, aren't they? It's just a matter of degree.

SandyWhoSandyWhoover 3 years ago

I was very touched by this story. While some of the scenes were a bit contrived, the love was there. Loving and protecting someone with a disability requires a special kind of nurturing relationship and I think you did a great job.

Intrigued_byeIntrigued_byeover 3 years ago

chaotic wo resolution.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooteralmost 4 years ago
Great story!

Two of my wives developed schizophrenic type mental disorders. The first kept attempting suicide or beat me severely. Finally I called the police, it was affecting my job. They arrested her as my right side was covered in black and blue marks. They put her in a psych ward and released her when the meds kicked in. She later left me when I was in Afghanistan with Special Forces. Wife #3 has been off her meds for about ten years and it's caused severe problems, but I cannot force her to get psychiatric treatment.

Tim needs to suffer, badly.

sam456789sam456789almost 4 years ago

Living with a woman who has a Disability. I certainly appreciated the story. I totally get the torment a spouse goes thru.

lujon2019lujon2019about 4 years ago
one star

page one

fourth wall breaks, pointless fortelling of future time shifts, time shifts, more fourth wall breaks

page seven

Wife: you are my world, thats why I took drugs from a rapist I knew wanted to fuck me and then let him cum on me

Husband: well I'll have to punish you now by making you wear revealing clothing and buying you lingerie`

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
Good story.

Good, original human story.

Painted the villain, Tim, a little too 2 dimensionally, but otherwise good characters.

I just wish there was a limit on how long author's spend on the 'back story'. As in this, some of it was pertienent, but for the most part is was padding. Not sure why authors feel so compelled for filler.

Hero had the patience of a saint, but at least he was the Rambo or cold-assed shithead we see in other LW stories.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Character development

This is my second time through this one...You have not only done an exceptional job of telling a story about family life with a mentally ill parent, but your character development of Travis and Selena is superb. We very seldom see writing of this quality. That said, I think you do an even better job of character development in your story about Gary and Jessie....better because Jessie's mental illness was more complicated and led to even greater marital/family stress. As far as I know, you are the only author in LW that has explored the mental illness question. Both stories are creative, well done, and touching. I hope you keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
POOR SERENA

With all the troubles she has,she's still a loving person. I would like to see more, even a son. GOD bless those with mental illness. Love your writing.

's

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This story is...

...reminiscent of the movie "Molly" starring Elisabeth Shue. Nothing wrong with that. After all, writers have to source their ideas from somewhere! I gave it five enjoyability stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I see that there are

nits that some are picking at, and I probably agree with most, but this is one of the finest pieces of writing I've seen on LW. I don't know how Carvohi did it, but he captured something very special here. The plot is astonishingly creative, and the tale is well written. In this case, I'd suggest that the nit pickers lift their heads and notice the forest.

LucasredLucasredover 4 years ago
Wow

Very different, Very good.

Thank you.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Excellent story.

However, I don't think he would or should worry about what people in the hospital thought. They should know the problem, recognize the symptoms well enough. And it's not a reflection on him. That's a bit too selfish. A very good story.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

Hmm... I had mixed feelings about this one.

It's hard to feel sympathy for Travis, because he knew she was crazy long before he married her. On one of their early dates, he danced with another woman, so Serena took off all her clothes? It was obvious from the start that she wasn't playing with a full deck, so instead of being concerned, he fucked her?!

He should have remembered the cardinal rule:

"Don't stick your dick in crazy"

As for the events in the story, Serena was hardly to blame for basically being drugged and nearly raped by Tim. I'm normally a strong advocate of BtB, but the wife was entirely innocent in this case, so it was weird Travis berating her when he knew what Tim had done. Serena needed her cocktail of meds to stay sane and she'd been cut off, then dosed up to the eyeballs with ecstasy!

One other glaring issue, was that Serena wasn't behaving like she was overdosed on ecstasy. It's best to write what you know... and I could tell straight away that you haven't done ecstasy or been around anyone who was "e'd up". Watch the movie "The girl next door". There's a scene near the end which is pretty close to how people behave on that drug.

It would have been immediately obvious that Serena was high as a kite after taking two 'E's, let alone six! She'd have heavily dilated pupils and be extremely tactile, sweating, clenching her teeth, thirsty... There'd be declarations of love for everyone she met, she'd be fascinated with any sort of sensory experience... and she'd be far more confused and incoherent on the trip to the hospital.

Tim should have faced severe penalties for what he did to Serena. Losing his license, fines, and a jail term would been fitting. It was deeply unsatisfying to end this with no real repercussions for that asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Sweet

This is a particularly affecting work of prose.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Very well done

Nevertheless, a few things struck me as flaws in the plot:

1. She was obviously drugged and off her meds...at least that was the most likely explanation for her behavior. Instead of doing what even a husband in a non medical field would do - namely, get her to the hospital immediately for blood work, etc. - he drives around. No one would do this, let alone a doctor.

2. He's angry with her for her behavior. Yet, it's clear he knows the problem is meds and possibly having been drugged. Who would do the idiot stuff the husband did? Arguing with her about what she did?

3. After getting her to the hospital, the first order of business should have been getting her new meds. Instead, the doctor takes his time. Who would do that when the meds are the key to her sanity? Not believable.

4. You don't get arrested for assault and battery because someone swears out a complaint. If you assault someone in the PRESENCE of a policeman, you would be arrested. But if someone merely accuses you, there's no automatic arrest as per the story.

The character development was extraordinary. Selena and her husband were beautifully developed; Carvohi did a masterful job. The plot was flawed, but well above average. So, despite my complaints, this one easily gets a 5. It's vastly better than the dreck we usually see here.

Finally, "even the anons have a place"? Everyone here is a fucking anon. Some have just adopted "handles". Does anyone really think there is someone out there named, say, "DogBreath27"? Of course not. And it's easy to have as many handles as one likes. The people here who think having a "handle" somehow makes you a superior commenter need to grow the fuck up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Excellent writing

Finally got around to reading this one and very much enjoyed it. There is a poignancy and humanity to all of this author’s stories that I really appreciate, even when sometimes the plots are not believable. Some reviewers consistently describe his male protagonists as “weak” and unsympathetic. But many of them, including Travis in this story, show strength of character and decency in how they approach the flaws in themselves and others that I find realistic and admirable. Keep it up, Carvoli!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good story

This one of my favorites! So real. Thank you for taking the time and writing this story.

This story has really hit home to me. I live in a very similar marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
This is based on reality

From somebody who lives with a bipolar wife. This cannot be imagination .. to real . Thanks!!

MissMudMissMudabout 5 years ago
Great Story, BUT

I’m exhausted! This was different. And delightful. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A Wonderful Story

Being in a Medical Field. (Not a Physician) I can still relate. The character development in such a short time was masterful. As was the treatment at the hands of the police and even the understanding of the coworkers. The only thing I could have wished for was a bit in the epilogue about what happened to the unethical Pharmacist.

Sincerely, The Infamous Anonymus

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well...

This story made me a little sick at my stomach. Not because it’s a bad story, because it’s not. It’s a very good story, and very well written. My problem isn’t with the story, it’s with me. Because I have lived this story. Twice. My first time was with a long-term girlfriend. She was fine when she took her meds, but when she didn’t she turned into a psycho bitch. After a couple of months of her on no meds, I walked away. She stalked me a while but finally gave up. My second brush with insanity was my mother-in-law. She spent the majority of her adult life in state mental hospitals. Her official diagnosis was paranoid schizophrenia. That woman would have scared the pants off Freddy Kruger. When she got out of the hospital she would trash her meds (Lithium) and head for a liquor store. Yeah, she was an alcoholic too. An alcoholic paranoid schizophrenic. Just remembering those days gives me chills. I know people like that usually can’t help themselves, but I don’t think I can help them either, so I just stay the hell away from them.

ErotFanErotFanover 5 years ago
You certainly have a fertile imagination

This was certainly different. I don't know where you get your plots and characters from. I also notice that you're adept an creating character names.

I sure would have liked to know what kind of "game" Tim was talking her into. Doc's mom mentioned something about vampires!?!?

Oh well, on to your next offering. (Smile)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I loved it

I enjoyed reading it,sadly i know some who had similar problems in life and the care giver died first so not as rosy as the story,nevertheless thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Too Close To Home

Change the names and a couple of the incidents and this story could be about my wife and me. Of course I wasn’t aware of her “condition” when we got married. Dealing with an illness like that can be one of the most frustrating things ever. Because she didn’t see the problem. She refused to see a doctor. It took me ten years to get her to a doctor who could help her. And another three to get the right meds, in the right dosages to help her be better. I think we’re going to make it. We’ve been married 47 years now and things are pretty damn good. But I could tell you stories..... And speaking of stories, this is a great one. Thanks, carvohi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A good story: Catharsis like.

Whether you meant to or not. I felt the rambling nature of story's start fit well. It is as if you were trying to tell some one like a counselor about what had happened. Even care givers need care and some times they too need counsel. I could see this same thing being told to an investigative social worker. Maybe some one did turn it in. I could totally see the ER scene. Just enough detail so some one in health care could suspend disbelief without the details that would make you say what a "Maroon."

A masterful if serious story. Keep it and put it in your resume.

Sincerely THE INFAMOUS ANONYMOUS

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow! Pretty real!

The part about it never getting better and always the possibility of it getting worse is real. Having someone's well being depend entirely on medication is real too. Mentally ill people can be brilliant and that comes out in very different ways.

So you may have sugarcoated it a little but for the most part this could actually happen. Scary is what possibilities lie ahead for the kids. Genetics can be cruel.

Great story about feeling!!!

R.

davwoodavwooalmost 6 years ago
Loved it

A crazy story about total love and commitment. They deserved each other, they needed each other and I hope you write more about life’s complicated mysteries.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
What a terrific story....

...and such endearing characters.This hardly sounds like total fiction. One can so relate to Serena's affliction and the problems that arise as a consequence. I find this to be one of the best on this site, though perhaps it does not belong here. Still, one got to read it! 5*s.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 6 years ago
Well, at least it’s not multiple personality disorder!

Wonderful store. Finally a “mental illness” that’s believable in causing an almost infidelity. Even if it is a made up disease.

5-stars

DogFuzzDogFuzzabout 6 years ago
Response

Goodness, a lot to consider. First the “bad” news. I found your first chapters rambling. It was like you had an idea and had to write it immediately. That caused a poor story flow. Good news is that later you started a good flow of your story. A theme that made the reader a lot to think about. Certainly a difficult thing to experience and live with. Thanks for keeping us aware of these situations.

deblackbusterdeblackbusterabout 6 years ago
I loved this so much!

I know it's a serious thing mental illness, but it was really adorable too, how much they love each other. That would be really cool if you wrote a sequel, but also afraid of a sequel too because I don't want anything bad to happen to this couple. Definitely one of my new favorites.

@anon 11/26/17 He didn't trivialize anything. You are really missing out on what this site has to offer if you think this is just an average erotic site. This site has many amazing authors and real good stories. A good amount of these stories on LW section don't even have any sex. They are just really well written stories you would see in a book or wherever.

I know you said in the comments that this story wasn't about Tim, but you did really let him off the hook here. A pharmacist screwing around with a patient, messing up her prescriptions and giving her ecstasy... that's some serious shit, I think.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Enjoyable story, but you missed the boat on punishment for Tim

This was an entertaining tale, but in my humble opinion Jedd, you missed the boat on punishment for"Tiny" Tim. Forget about not being able to prove Tim roofied his wife. Dr. Carpenter has all the evidence he needs to prosecute and/or punish and/or sue Tim - in the form of the pill bottles containing placebos.

All the good doc needs to do is to take the bottles to the police and the State Pharmacy Licensing Board and file formal complaints against Timmy. The bottles - which are supposed to contain actual prescribed medication - instead contain nothing but placebos. What would the police, the Licensing Board, and pharmacy employing Tim say about that? I see criminal charges, loss of pharmacist's license, firing (assuming Tim isn't self-employed) and civil liability - and they would all be well-deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I disliked this story for two reasons. First, mental illness is a terrible thing that destroys people, and it destroys families. It’s not something to be trivialized on an erotic internet site. And second, that bastard “Tim” got off with nothing more than a broken nose. That’s totally unsatisfactory. That SOB should have been tracked down and beaten within a half inch of his life. D

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

another cocksucking WIMP posting DUMB cuck SHIT.

carvohicarvohiover 6 years agoAuthor
To anonymous 10-20-17

What was wrong, a chemical anomaly that could be controlled with drugs if she took them.

And this can and does happen. I know.

Jedd Clampett

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
OK

Good story, but I missed what the hell was wrong with her.

Crazy?

Retarded?

.???

sam456789sam456789over 6 years ago
Excellent

Tremendous story. Being with someone similar hits home and I wouldn’t change a thing. Never stop writing. Excellent wordsmith and storytelling.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 7 years ago
Classic carotid.

Very nice story. Terrific wordsmith. ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funalmost 7 years ago
An ER doctor who wouldn't immediately ask question?

ER question # 1 2 & 3: History, History, History!

Question #4: what are you taking/have been given? Are you sure?

That oversight Killed my belief in the story.

266xxyz266xxyzalmost 7 years ago
Great story!

But you always write great stories as far as I'm concerned.

5*s

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 7 years ago
As a Psych RN who also has a bunch of "crazy" relatives my sympathy goes to Travis.

I know it is mostly just a story but there are way too many cases just as bad as this one, or worse. I would have been glad to read that Tim had lost his license to dispense medications (or was maybe in a crippling auto accident). What a sorry individual who deserved any bad thing that could happen to him. Thank you for writing this thought-provoking story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
5 Great read

HEY ANONY, fuck you. You're insane and a fucking coward.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wow! Too Close to Home

I have a wife with issues similar to Serena's. I can easily relate to the "crisis" issues that come up totally unexpectedly. And I can relate to how hard it is to get other people to understand just what the hell is going on. What I don't understand is why the "Doctor" didn't IMMEDIATELY get his wife to the hospital for a full blood test and drug screen the minute he caught her and the dirtbag brother-in-law "in flagrante delicto", so to speak. I also don't understand why there was no mention of that same brother-in-law suffering many broken bones and possible life-threatening injuries by some unknown assailants. Maybe that was an oversight by the author. But in my world, trust me, there would be no oversight.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 7 years ago
I kept waiting for the axe to fall

Thaks for not ruining the story for me

potsherd22potsherd22over 7 years ago
Having a great time...

...re-reading all my old favourites. This is one of the classics, and I love it as much as ever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Too Damn Realistic

Great story. Too close to reality. But I think that's what makes it great.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
A very pleasant surprise

When a writer uses the formula: intro., crisis, backstory, resolution, postscript; my heart sinks at the start of the backstory, and I soon start to scroll forward to get to the resolution. Not this time. I loved every word of this story, from soup to nuts. Congratulations.

dyonysosdyonysosabout 8 years ago
Great story

and very realistic,i know how a bipolar can be like,it sure isn't easy to live with one,i know

About tim giving her extacy,giving her placebos,he should be in jail and stripped of his license,the exctasy might have finished her brain off completly without a chance to recover

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
You Made Me Late

I started reading your story and could not stop.i never expected to find this caliber of writing here. I work with people who suffer with mental illness and this story reflected a lot of the selfless love that I see. It still made me cry to see that love and courage in writing. Than you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Got to agree

With those comments about Tim violating his oath as a pharmacist and breaking several laws... a beat down should be the least of his woes... Jail... Loss of license.... divorce... Bankrupt... Ostracised in a small town... I could go on, but it seems he was forgotten.

TwopullTwopullabout 8 years ago

I actually cried. This is beautiful writing. Made me fall in love with my wife who over again....

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well Done

Having lived with a wife with bipolar for 22 years and then she walked out, so I became a single dad.

I so understand this story. It is so real.

Most people do not understand how fragile mental health is, until they have lived with 'difficulties'.

Very good story and I feel so brave to tell it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
You nailed it

Many do not know what it is like, living with someone a little "off". People either over- or underreact. This is how it feels.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
WTF

Happened with Tim? He walks away free? At the minimum he needs a late night beating rendering him impotent. Too long of a read for so little content. Could have been done in 1 page.

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
Impressive Work

I admit this was one of the slowest reads I have done in a long time. The biggest cause was emotional reaction to the story. You are a fine writer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Question ?

how does a story this good , word craft so Exceptional , score so low ?

...

O .A. because it's in the LW category !!!.

.

.

i appreciate that the element that started this tale is indeed " infidelity "

however , surely this story Should be in & Deserved to have been in the Romance category .

.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Good one

It shows the true meaning of for better or worse, through sickness and in health. I pray I could be so good.

0649d0649dalmost 9 years ago
Moving story

One of your stories that just caught my attention. I can see how it's romantic in one sense, but I can also imagine how it's really tough for people in real life. The stigma and the worry about safety would be ever-present. Heck, she might commit suicide if he died. And a lot of people just aren't prepared to put up with a person with mental illness. I know you're getting a lot of flak from people who blame the husband for marrying her, but sometimes that's just the way the wind blows, people have compassion and don't mind being with someone who seems a bit infantile. It would have been good to find out what happened to the pharmacist as a sense of closure, but life doesn't always happen that quick with the time-frame of your story. You wrote a pretty good story about one way it could turn out. Definitely not easy. I praise you for your work. Thanks

RagnaarRagnaaralmost 9 years ago
Outstanding....

I was expecting BTB and go a heart warming tale of love that really meant

"in sickness and in health".

I had an uncle who's wife came down with encephalitis within months of getting married and it left her partially paralyzed, with limited use of her limbs, speech impaired as well, this was in 1950. They were together for 55 years when she passed. She left a husband who loved her and 3 beautiful daughters.

*****

Ragnaar...

IndyOnIndyOnalmost 9 years ago
Nice Story....

Very well done....you have a way of getting to the reader's emotions....I think that means your a very good writer! "5" from me. BTW Karen is quite the Eagle Eye...

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
@Anonymous 07/08/1 Re: Arrest

It SAID Tim agreed to drop the charges.

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Typos

“Rebecca had stopped laughing and giggling, but she still had this stupid look on her face.”

I think that was supposed to be Serena.

“All the meds Tim prescribed that were intended to be for her mental condition turned out to be placebos."

Tim didn’t “prescribe” anything, he was supposed to FILL prescriptions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
True love

She needs him as screwed up in her brain she is, he lives her and is willing to care for her. The sister husband needed jail time for this. So he gets away clean.

gara5289gara5289about 9 years ago

Really sad and kind of touching. He loved her so much that he didn't view caring for her as a burden. That's special.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
you paint a difficult picture to view

but they are your brushes and it is your blank page.

Troubling to me were the many markers along the timeline that were either ignored or deliberately left vague. The coworker who knew something troubling from her youth, but didn't give him the information. The struggles to keep finding a balance of meds that stayed working. Even the police officers knew "You're the girl who...", but we were never told just what happened. Meanwhile, all these clues and puzzle pieces, were in the hands of an M.D.

The fear of being left alone exhibited by Alaina is also worrisome. Has the "condition" been passed to the next generation?

It would provide a bit of closure to know that Tim lost his license and his professional standing so he won't be messing with someone else's medications in the future.

This just shows that even the most beautiful rose comes with thorns.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
THE SAD TRUTH IS

people who need meds are not the same as people who want them. tk u mlj lv nv

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very Good Story

What a story!! It's from a whole different line of thinking. I wonder if this would fit better under Romance, since it is a story about true love that shines through the vows for better for worse, in sickness and in health. Nevertheless, highly recommended reading.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
GETTING ON...GETTING OFF....STAYING ON

script meds is very very hard to accomplish, TK U MLJ LV NV

VickieTernVickieTernover 9 years ago
So?

Did they at last have a son? Did Tim lose his pharmacist's license (so he couldn't indulge himself unprofessionally ever again at someone else's cost)? Did they live happily ever after? (well, that, of course!). Otherwise, intricately conceived and executed!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
degenerate garbage !

Thoroughly talentless. 1* !

MisterBillBillyMisterBillBillyover 9 years ago
Your are a silly man and a

good writer. You need more tang and (I don't mean sex) in your stories....5

bill....

frazodfrazodover 9 years ago

Definitely your best story. I have liked/loved most of them, but for some reason this one hits me hard and makes me very emotional.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
WOW

Your story is so real to me, I had many years of an ill wife who would stop taking her meds for no good reason. She went through more nervous breakdowns than I can remember to count.

Very well done.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous