My Second Piece of Ass Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Doctor Torpid sent a young assistant to tell me that Laura had been given a unit of blood and been taken to recovery. This did not sound good to me although we had been warned that loss of blood was to be expected. He said she would be moved to a room within two hours and that I could see her then. He did not know the room number but he gave the floor and the wing where she was likely to be taken.

I had the florist include a single red rose to give the dozen carnations some color. Laura was lying on her side, staring blankly at the side wall. A slight recognition crossed her face as I approached, which was her only expression.

Looking around for a place to set the flowers so that she could see them and, finding none, I moved a chair next to her bed and held the flowers in my hand. As I moved the flowers her eyes followed them which was a good sign, I thought.

When I kissed her on the forehead she reached for my hand, another good sign. She closed her eyes. I sat the flowers on the floor and held her hand, watching her slip into a light sleep.

"Want to know what I thought about during the surgery?" It was a labored raspy whisper. She had probably been asleep for fifteen minutes, while I held her hand. Her eyes moved with my arm as I reached for a glass of water on the night stand. She took a few sips through a straw when I offered it.

"What did you think about?"

Her eyes brightened. Swallowing, she squeezed my hand, "I relived our first R and R. Do you remember our first kiss?"

I nodded and watched her formulate her next thought.

"What were you thinking? I'll bet I know. You were thinking. 'God, I'm kissing a whore.' Is that what you thought?" A near smile came to her lips, but instead, I watched her lower lip scrape across her upper teeth as if she was going to bite her lip.

"No, I didn't think that," I became indignant. She was playing with me; that was a good sign. "I couldn't believe such a beautiful girl had asked me to kiss her."

Her eyes closed with a drained look on her face and about the eyes.

"You said, 'you can do better than that,' and I kissed you again, remember?"

Her lips pushed out briefly and I saw her head push forward in a failed attempt to nod.

A nurse helped me place the flowers where Laura would see them when she woke. I had just enough time to deliver paychecks to Jimmy and Davey and come back for evening visiting hours.

{To be continued}

12