Nikki Finds a Sound Guy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No I'm certainly not," she panted. "Please hurry Nick."

Later Nikki staggered off to the bathroom after the most robust fucks she'd ever had. She remained asleep when Nick rose quietly in the morning and left for work.

* * *

Over coffee Julia said, "I feel I have to ask you this although I fear it could harm our relationship."

"Please feel unafraid Julia. I'm pretty balanced as a person."

Julia smiled nervously. "Has Nick told you about being with me?"

Nikki was staggered by laughed and said no.

"It was three years ago and went on for a month. He was on a real low with his divorce proceedings underway. Because he was younger than most of the other people around Anton I had established a casual affinity with him. Well I began to think about his despair and when Anton was away I invited him over for dinner. Well after dinner we had sex... he virtually just fell into my arms."

"And you were in a motherly mood."

"More likely I wanted sex."

They laughed and it was fine.

Nikki asked, "What stopped it?"

"I became anxious that Anton was becoming suspicious."

"That's good reason to stop."

They laughed and Julia leant over and held Nikki just above the wrist and said, "God you are so much like me in the way you think."

"You mean we are both libertarians."

"You mean as free thinkers?"

"Yes."

Julia smiled and placed money on the check and they left. Outside she took Nikki's arm and said, "Oh we are going to have such a lovely day. I must buy you a wee present."

"Oooh."

* * *

Anton grinned when greeting Nikki at the restaurant bar and kissed her on the cheek. "I found one very happy lady when I arrived home this evening who spent several hours in your delightful company, was how Julia described it."

"Well she was so lovely to me; I was unable to resist her mood. You are married to a very lovely and exciting lady Anton."

"See Anton, I told you she's almost over the top with her compliments."

"That would apply only to people I really like," Nikki responded.

Anton said, "Well all I can say is this is fine by me. What would you too like to drink. Have a stiff one now and we'll have champagne at the table.?"

Anton was drinking beer so Nick chose beer and Nikki said, "A Midori Sex on the Beach please."

"Oooh, I'll have one of those Julia said, finishing her martini.

A very sociable dinner followed and the women walked out, gripping one another a little unsteadily with the men walking behind them grinning.

Entering the apartment, their last night there, Nikki murmured, "I'm afraid I've had too much to drink. I'll be a bit of a wet sack."

"That's fine," Nick slurred. "I'm unlikely to get it up stiff enough."

They went to sleep in each other's arms, very happy.

Next morning the relocation crew arrived to pack and in the afternoon Nick's furniture and other contents were carted to their new address, a prestigious high-rise and they were on the eleventh floor, a very spacious one-bedroom condo with a closed off kitchen and huge living-dining room with views out to the lake.

"God this is awesome," Nikki said, viewing the condo for the first time.

"There's only been the one previous occupier," Nick said proudly. "Did I do well."

"Gawd yes, let's go and spend the remainder of the afternoon in bed."

"The boys are still assembling the bed, " the foreman said apologetically, that sending Nikki scampering from the room greatly embarrassed. She'd forgotten there was a relocation in progress and they weren't alone.

* * *

Two days later Nikki drove home to visit her parents. She'd be missing them.

Her mom asked, "If you don't work what do you do each day?"

"Oh I sleep till late, go out shopping with a few women I've befriended including at our new condo building, prepare snacks and a drink for Nick when he comes home, more often and not tired. After he's rested and showered when go out for dinner and then usually come home and fuck."

"What, what did you say girl!"

"Oh mom, sorry. I lost it a bit there didn't I?"

"You certainly did. I will not have that language in my house."

Nikki's father asked, "What did she say?"

"Shut up you old fool, "Veronica said, smacking Dan over the head with a folded newspaper.

But the three-day visit went well. Nikki introduced her parents to cuisine they'd never heard of let along tried until now and they were a bit tentative but determined to impress their daughter she had 'new age' parents.

Nikki arrived back at the condo just before 8:00 and received one of those welcomes young women dream about. Nick smiled and almost crush her with his hug and said, "I have arranged for takeouts to be delivered at 9:00; let's go to bed."

* * *

The house phone rang one morning at 9:30. "Hi Miss West, it's Mardi Caprio from American Mishap and Security Insurance Inc. Everything is fine here. I'm head of HR and Mr Anton Gulliver has suggested I talk to you. Can you come in and see me?"

"What about?"

"I'd rather talk face to face. It concerns a senior vacancy we have here and according to Mr Gulliver who could suit requirements. We are about to engage employment consultants. Are you interested in applying."

"No I won't make a formal application but I have my CV with me and am willing to talk to you. Those are my terms."

"That is quite acceptable Miss West. When is a suitable time?"

"Please call me Nikki. What about 10:30 tomorrow? I have the address."

"That's lovely. Until tomorrow then Nikki."

Nikki was mystified although she had mentioned to Julia she intended to begin job-seeking shortly.

The 'chat' with Mardi lasted less than two minutes before she said, "Please come through for coffee and a chat with a couple of other people."

Those 'other' people were the director of administration and the manager of technical administrative support services.

After Mardi made the introductions Nikki smiled and said she believed she had been misled as there had only been mention of a chat.

"Then let's chat Nikki," smiled the female director of administrator. I suggested to Mardi we adopt this procedure as a shortcut. In thirty minutes you'll probably be ready to either say this is not for you. If you are interested we'll be in the position to decide whether or not to make the job offer."

"Well that seems to be a real shortcut Shannon," Nikki smiled.

Mardi said she'd done a web search and had found Nikki's personal website and had given Shannon and Peter copies.

Forty minutes later Nikki left the building as the company's new manager of research and statistics, heading a department of seven including a woman who acted as the department's clerical assistant, which mostly involved filing, as well as the manager's PA. Her salary was $13,600 more than what she'd been paid in medical research. She went off to buy some business suits, having notice how Mardi and Shannon were dressed, feeling rather bewildered and excited. She called Julia who also became excited and they arrange to meet for late lunch.

To Nikki, her future appeared to be utterly predictable. While Julia would remain her best friend Anton would feel he should have less to do with Nikki with her becoming a line manager and Nick would propose and they'd be married and have two children, a boy and a girl, and live in a house in a good area near good schools. Before too long Nikki's concept would be blown apart.

The first thing was Nick blew his top that night when he arrived home and Nikki gave him the news of her appointment.

"But I don't want you working in the same office as me."

"Why not?" Nikki asked in surprise.

"Because it doesn't seem right, that's why."

"Can you be a little more explicit?"

"No. You should have consulted with my before accepting. I'd like you to resign."

"I don't sign my contract until I've read it and consulted you about it."

"Consult with an attorney."

"Very well. But I'm not withdrawing my resignation unless you give me a compelling reason why I should do so."

"Well let's drop this. We are getting nowhere. Let's have a drink and talk about better things and the same when we go to dinner."

Their conversations that evening had uncustomary periods of awkward silence. Nikki decided not to press it, that Mr Unreasonable would get over what's bugging him.

Then out of the blue next day Anton called Nikki to congratulate her. "Julia mentioned you intended looking for work and wondered if we had anything suitable for you, like in research."

"Yes Julia mentioned that to me yesterday."

"Well I thought we could be a little more creative than just offering to plonk you in research so I arranged for the manager of that department to be promoted out of there, leaving a space that I was confident you'd accept."

"Oh you can read my mind can you?"

"You are a very bright and vivacious young woman Nikki. I expect to see you go far. This appointment won't put you into direct contact with Nick at the office because I oversee administration while his main responsibility is field operations."

"Oh I see. It didn't occur to Nick to mention that to me."

"Well yes, I must say he appeared to be less than charmed when I asked had you told him your good news."

"Yes it found his displeasure surprising. I'll stay out of his way at the office until he gets used to seeing me around."

"Look would you guys like to come out with us for dinner Saturday with the proviso we don't talk about work."

"Tentatively yes. I'll check with Nick and confirm with Julia."

"Yes call Julia if you wish."

"Would you rather I called you?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"In case you've forgotten it was me who made the invitation. Besides I rather like the thought of pretty women calling me. Bye."

Looking at her phone Nikki said, "What the hell was that about? Here am I surprised that he even called me and he ended the call saying more or less he welcomes me calling him. I wonder if his beautiful wife calls him just for a chat rather than only when she wants something?"

That night Nick and Nikki had great sex and he was back for more in the morning. Nikki concluded his little blip apparently had passed through his system.

It happened almost imperceptibly, so slowly that much of it had occurred before Nikki had confirmed it had happened. Nick's demands for sex had tailed right off. It occurred to Nikki they now practically only did it when she pushed for it and another thing, his manner towards her had changed. It was more disinterest rather than surliness. He still chatted and laughed but now tended to look away whenever they made eye contact. The confusion she had was he still appeared to be attentive and reasonably considerate. Oh god, he had fallen into treating her like he'd treat his own mother. There was another woman in his life!

Her instinct was to pack up and leave but she was curious, who was she. She was seeing far less of Julia these days and had thought that was because she was working. Even so, was it Julia? That seemed unlikely because Nick was really indifferent about Julia and Nikki had noticed that from the time they first met. Well according to Nick's confession he and Julia had banged each other for a month soon after Nick's wife had returned home to mother. Why would they start again when Nick had Nikki and that relationship had been going so well, um, at least until recently.

However, with Nick's big promotion he was away more and probably rubbing shoulders with more influential people. It was well know that some of the sexiest women around went around fucking successful men. It was a power thing, power attracting dick-hungry women who were not regarded as sluts in the normal sense. The odd thing about this, Nikki reasoned, was she couldn't very well ask Nick was he having an affair because if he wasn't he'd be appalled and hurt she hadn't trusted him.

"Oh Jesus," Nikki said in frustration. Her sense told her to pack up and go but her emotions told her to sit it out. What if Nick was received treatment for cancer or something he'd not told her about? Yes sit it out. Although since resuming work Nikki had been contributing to the monthly living costs, Nick accepting the offer but insisting she pay only a third of outgoings, the lease was in his name so she was free to disappear whenever she wished. She decided to tell no one about her concerns about her relationship with Nick.

Another unpredicted thing had happened. She and Nick were eating out once a week with Anton and Julia and now Anton called her usually midweek for what he called 'a friendly hello'. Then whenever Nick was away without her Anton would call her practically every day and twice had taken her to lunch. That was most unusual. But when she had said casually, 'Should I be telling Julia you call me fairly frequently' all he had said was he didn't think so. Puzzled about that she asked, "And why not?"

He'd asked did she have girlfriends and she'd replied a few and he said well what was so wrong with her having a male friend on a similar basis and she'd had to admit, "Nothing." He'd smiled and said exactly but if she thought it necessary to say something to Julia then to go right ahead but she said she didn't think that would be necessary.

She'd walked off wondering, "God does he have some long-term strategy where he sees himself fucking me?

Initially she was aghast. Christ he was fifty. Although he was the youngest president by far in the history of the company, and according to Nick it's most successful president in driving the business. The age-gap between them was twenty-two years.

A week later when she was thinking about being 'stalked' or more correctly possibly stalked, Nikki conceded Anton was pretty good looking and was charming as well as decisive. He gave the impression he was non-competitive but she bet that changed in times of disputes at work or dealing with bad guys or negotiation as an industry representative with Government regulators.

He also looked wiry and had a home gym so perhaps he was great at fucking. Julia must have thought there was something okay about him, having been married to him almost seven years. And that was another thing. If he was having great sex with Julia why would he be thinking about having sex with her? Nikki wondered. In fact why would he even think of having sex with her when there were heaps of women round him including his PA with her augmented breasts, swaying ass and enhanced lips? All of this was so confusing. Nikki sighed and returned to proof-reading a report that she'd present to Monday's executive meeting. Nikki knew she'd have some answer in due course.

Three weeks later Nikki came home from work alone as she regularly did because Nick worked extended hours, she entered the condo and gasped, thinking they'd been burgled and then found a note from Nick taped to the kitchen door.

'Dear Nikki

The time has come for me to move out. I had won a big job as president of a freight-forwarding company and that means a steep learning curve for me. I have bought an apartment very near where I'll be working and will begin a new life, without you Nikki. Thank you for all you have done for me and being with me all these months. We were so happy together while it lasted. I know have someone else. I'll be back Saturday to pick up my bits and pieces but you can have all the furniture that is left there. I have terminated the lease as from today so you will be required to vacate within twenty-eight days.

Nick'

"You heartless bastard; I ought to kill you," Nikki wailed and began crying. She'd saved his life only to be treated like this.

Half an hour later Anton called.

"Hi is Nick there?"

"No he's moved out and left a note telling me to find my own place to live as he will be beginning a new life without me."

"So you know he had found a new job."

"Yes, he mentioned that." "He left here ten minutes ago handing me his resignation. But his contract requires him to give eight week's notice so he'll be around for a while yet."

Nikki was wondering had Julia taken off as well.

"How are you?"

"Okay but initially it was quite a shock."

"Julia just phone to say she's back from the airport. Her parents are here from Brazil for ten days. They don't speak much English but you are welcome to come to dinner."

"Thanks but I'll eat locally and go to bed early. I had been thinking of marriage and children so there is much to think about."

"My first wife has custody of our daughter. I couldn't interest Julia in having children."

Nikki felt the ridiculous urge to say to Anton she would bear his children for him. Instead she said, "Well I best let you go to catch up on your in-laws. Thank you for thinking of me and thanks for your supportive words."

"I wish I could help more. That bastard want a garden spade shoved up his ass for what he's done to you."

Nikki giggled and said goodbye.

Later that evening Nikki went to sleep fingering herself, thinking the fingers belonged to Anton.

CHAPTER 3

Apart from a brief initial negative reaction, Anton Gulliver wasn't miffed by the totally unexpected resignation of Nick Lancer, his chief deputy. Although his original reaction had been one of tempered anger, a feeling of betrayal because he'd felt he'd handpicked a promising man young enough to eventually be his natural successor, Anton had personalized the situation and had focused on that. What he'd been presented with was an opportunity, perhaps a great opportunity.

In his sights was Nikki.

Soon after meeting the only woman he'd ever been aware had proved herself to be heroic, he'd seen in Nikki something that went beyond the fact she'd saved the life of Nick by acting decisively and properly, without immediate assistance. She'd demonstrated more of her qualities emerged after that frightening event, involving herself in the aftercare of the man whose life she's saved and then had grasped at fortuitous straws to allow her to have Nick at the grave of his grandmother on what would have been her one hundredth birthday.

That really had been extraordinary. Other people would have given up or not even made the attempt.

But that wasn't all. When Nick had offered a grateful hand, instead of rejecting it because it meant being taken from her comfort zone, Nikki had come to Chicago with him. In Anton's mind Nikki was responding to not only the lure of having sex regularly with the handsome Nick but she was responding to opportunity and had done knowing she would be facing a city of strangers who were seemingly successful people either on high salaries or being partners of people who were.

Whether Nikki had recognized it, she had seized opportunity to find how she could manage it. Nikki West had acted not as an opportunist but as a visionary focused on gaining advantage from it. In all probability she would have not know what was driving her but she would in time, even earlier if Anton could explain this phenomenon to her.

Anton possessed that similar high level of instinct and focus himself that had taken him where he was today. Initially of course he'd almost resented Nikki arriving at the top table with Nick but the way Julia immediately bonded with Nikki had put him on alert because Julia didn't bother with ho-hum people. Gradually that evening he noticed how the company's most senior people had reacted favorably to Nikki and in no way do she wilt. He began thinking how was it that this beautiful, unemployed woman had been plucked out of her apparently hopeless position to be sitting so confidently at the top table with the company's elite at the honoring of the company's retiring senior vice-president who until that evening she'd never met, and then it hit him. Nikki had seized opportunity to re-establish herself and was riding a wave.

Yes it was extraordinary. When learning Nikki was ready to resume looking for employment after recovering from her humiliation in being fired for insubordination, Anton had intervened to open the door for new opportunity for her. She'd taken it and her section head was already expressing his delight at Nikki's early performance in her management role.