All Comments on 'No More Rain in This Cloud'

by Scorpio44a

Sort by:
  • 142 Comments
PEATBOGPEATBOGabout 15 years ago
A truly wonderful tale!!!!

Fantastic! This was much more than the crap generally dished out at LITEROTICA. This is a truly wonderful tale of love with no frills attached – nothing to really criticise. Yes another SCORPIO tale put together so well that the reader could not feel offended. Outstanding writing! Pete.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorabout 15 years ago
Breathless

Scorpio, you take my breath away! Beyond a doubt, one of the finest stories, here or anywhere, I've ever read. You captured every little detail necessary to tell the tale. No more, no less. Too bad more authors don't have that skill you so ably demonstrate.

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969about 15 years ago
As always very good.

BUT how can someone, even someone who doesn't like confrontation put up with this for seventeen years? I know some people would Me personally? NOT a Chance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
But why

Well done story.

But why would the lawyer, Don, be disbarred for fucking somebody? Isn't that what lawyers are trained and paid to do?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Sorry

You have written a story of two very emotionally disturbed individuals trying to destroy each other. The wife was for all practical purposes mentally ill, an unfit mother (letting children see her illegal sexual acts), and very emotionally disturbed. The husband was programmed wrong by his parents and actually was also very emotionally disturbed. No one, man or woman, can live for years in this situation and not be disturbed. Yes there are a lot of countries out there that the US can not force legal issues on. I am not sure what legal issues the husband was running from. Why the necessity to run off to a foreign country if he was going to take the children with him. I also am not sure the lawyer could be disbarred for immoral conduct unless of course the wife and husband were his clients. Then the conduct beocmes unethical. However, if a fellow lawyer knew of other actions posed against him this could be used a cumulative evidence to show lack of morals or ethics, sorry but isnt that a definition of the word lawyer? Anyway the wife and her lover running off isnt farfetched, their lifestyle in the local community was ruined. So be it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Loved It

Great story. But the comment titled "but why" is really a classic. I laughed so hard over that one that I cried.

Thanks.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 15 years ago
I enjoyed this despite the plot holes . . .

This was well-written and a smooth read. I agree with other comments; why flee the country (to escape child support obligations) when the children were with him and he was supporting them anyway? I suppose one could argue that at the time he made his "getaway" arrangements, he did not know for sure if all his children would go with him or not, so he had to plan in case they would not go. Also, if another country won't enforce US court decisions against a spouse, it still helps him if his wife tries to claim alimony, which she would be legally entitled to receive until she remarries. His wife essentially whored herself out, and to a lawyer! The only difference between a prostitute and a lawyer is that a prostitute does not keep fucking you after you are dead, so the saying goes, so Don and Sarah are perfect for each other! I am skeptical that all three children would simply leave their mother like this, unless she were abusive and had no relationship with them. I'm also skeptical that hubby would be so dense that he would have no clue anything was wrong for those 17 years, especially considering all the clues (not interested in making love, abusive and disrespectful attitude, and so forth -- not the signs of a truly loving partner). And if he were that dense and insecure, it's hard to believe he would ever find any courage to enter into the confrontation at church, as depicted. Please keep writing; I enjoyed this story in spite of some questionable plot elements.

bruce22bruce22about 15 years ago
Very Enjoyable

You are playing on the extremes, but often good music comes

from the contrast of extremes. Thanks!

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 15 years ago
Strange but Well Written Story

The wife in this story is the most evil woman since Winterfrog's "dragon" mother-in-law. Would have been interesting to know more about Don Roberts - was he married, single, divorced? Why wouldn't Sarah have simply divorced her husband and married the other guy - an attorney who presumably could support her and their three children? Strange story, however, it is refreshing to have a male lead character who is not a cream-pie-eating-rather-be-gay-wimp.

shangoshangoabout 15 years ago
Your husband cried too much for me

to like this story. Also, here in California for example, you only have three years after the birth of a child to challenge its paternity. HOWEVER, he could have charged wifey w/fraud and "Don" with improper conduct and came out financially ahead. I never feel sorry for a jaywalker who gets hit by a car.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Not too bad

The husband could have been charged with kidnapping and for being a wimp in the 20th century. Ah well, at least the kids showed some backbone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
How does such a Wimp get the balls to leave?

So many people rate if they are pro or con story characters instead of how well the story was written and how it affected the emotions.

Where did a wimp this dense and super wimpy ever get the nerve to test the DNA. Why would his children go with him, they did not have enough love to tell him years ago. It is hard to believe that any of todays children that old, would be terrified by the sight and sound of sex or call the man's penis a thing.

No one else has mentioned that the two daughters he was saving, in their last visit to the house told their brother no, he could not come in and get anything he wanted. He raised two daughters just like their mother who will continue in the femdom lifestyle they learned at home. Unfortuneately the boy will be another super wimp with all of the tears trying to decide to go or stay then accepting what his sisters want at the house for the final visit. Spineless wimp daddy does not even stand up for the boy then, since he is convinced that any desire by a woman must be catered to. He could have sued the lawyer for child support and for alienation of affections but, no action against a man who was with any woman. Cut and run the only thing he did was take all of the money, the statement that we changed careers means she had been, and continued working so part of the savings etc would be hers.

spearman1spearman1about 15 years ago
Wow!!

This was definitely a good story. Sad but good. Keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
KUDO's Author

Your style is enveloping - Your characters faults clear and the consequence in line with the offenses.<P>

The expression of your plot path is interesting to say the least.<P>

Author - You are looked forward to.<P>

With High Regard

bornagainbornagainabout 15 years ago
I Loved It

Scorpio44a dont listen to the negs I loved the story at least you had the husband stand up to Sara and and Don I hope Sara learns from her mistake and the husband should have put there faces all over the internet saying "these people committed adultry keep your eyes open if you see them".

Pat

Scorpio44aScorpio44aabout 15 years agoAuthor
To Annon.

When I read the comments to one of my stories or poems and see that Annon left it for me, it makes me wonder why they cannot own their own words. If the comment is all about "I think your stupid" "Stop writing" "It was crap" etc. I delete the comment. If the comment is from a name other than Annon I usually leave it. If you hated this story perhaps you should read stories from other authors.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
my sunshine has gone

was the husband a wimp? yes, for not wanting to rock the boat. did he grow a pair? yes! calling her out in the church was great! getting the respect of his kids? priceless. would love to know what happened to the wife.

michael1950michael1950about 15 years ago
Well done.

Once again an excelent story, I can relate to being raised in a non confrontational house, with a mother who did not allow rough housing as she called it, I never remember there being a voice of anger or any arguments in or home. That was the reason my dad gave me,some years later, for devorcing my mother, she would not fight, or stand up for herself, and he eventually found women who would, because I know my dads parents would get into it now and then, they got into a loud fight one night when I stayed over one night. I had never heard people fight before, scared me silly back then. Lucky for me I got into a few fist-fights growing up and later took lessons in martial arts for years till I had black belts in Judo and Tae-Kwon-Do; oh and for you novices black-belt just means that you are finally recognized as being a student, 30 years later I think I may get the hang of this stuff yet LOL. Anyhow well done just because you are peacfull doesn't mean you do not know how to fight, or stand up for your rights.

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 15 years ago
It's hard to read about struggling weak people

It's hard to read about people who are clearly in denial, people who are so repressed and fearful that every confrontation is out of the question for them. My guess is that we are afraid that to some degree, there is some of this person in us -and it's scary, certainly not something we wish to be reminded of. <P>

Cruel people seem to sense who they are and prey on them. It does not forgive any of the predators (like the wife and her co-villain lover), and it does not make the likes of the husband liable, the way people like to blame the victims, saying: you deserve what's coming to you because you were so weak.<P>

It made me think about one incredible element we hardly ever find in ANY story here (veterans of Literotica, please remind me of some stories and I’d read them). I am talking about the seemingly total lack of community involvement, when similar problems arise. To be clear, I AM NOT talking about the reaction once the secret is out in the open. I mean, there are friends, wives, husbands -NO ONE in this story -but in every similar story I can remember - decides to help this guy. Even the pastor does not think it might be helpful to offer the husband counseling (beyond pastoral). No one who knows any thing - family friends – ever thinks of taking any initiative, either by involving the husband or by directly ‘engaging’ with the out of control wife and her lover. It’s always the convenient maxim: “mind your business”<P>

It leads me to the conclusion that perhaps the biggest villain in this story is the silent community, which knows and lets things happen and deteriorate. No safety net, no nothing. It’s the fig leaf mantra "Just mind your business" - always expect nothing from me - but be righteously shocked when you find yourself at the receiving end of this: “loving and caring” societal code of conduct. No one seems to remember that sooner or later everyone needs the help of others and that overall, societies which have this (excuse my non diplomatic language) shitty code of conduct (‘only mind your business, even as you see your friend falling’) tend to be the weakest societies both internally and externally (in the competition with other societies).<P>

To be clear, the above was not a critique of the story. Purposely or not, the story presented in a very poignant way, a reality of social isolation which exists in some western societies, and in particular reflected ‘the appropriate social norms in a community, then brought to one of its logical consequences (after all, villains and weak people exist in every society). <P>

BTW,who in your community could you trust?...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Entertainment

Scorpio, I so enjoy and look forward to your next story. I wonder at times what the stimulus is for your stories. Are they Modeled after a situation combined with your artistic license? I actually know of situations close to this story, with a change of names it could be true. I understand the comments of others, I realize these are stories for entertainment, and I am addicted to your writing, and the entertainment you provide. The rating?, you have spoiled me and I am always looking for more. Please don't take anon wrong, sometime I'll set myself up in the system.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Seems all of this was well delayed

The children never bothered to tell the father what they saw, why? He was very slow on the uptake, one would say dense. Why did he run? With the knowledge the kids had the mother and the lover would be labeled unsafe and unable to have custody of the kids even if they were not tried as sex offenders?

RonRWoodRonRWoodover 14 years ago
Different!

Well written but it seems to me that your only intent was to describe a non-confrontional wimp that got shit on by a real asshole of a woman! That the entire community plus the kids did nothing to inform him of her cheating is kind of unbelievable to me personally! Of course, I realize it was nothing but fiction. But I gave it low marks because it still played to the Wimp and Dom type stories! Just without all the erotic sex that some stroke to...

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
oh?

ok? ........ amen!

lancewmlancewmover 14 years ago
Very well written

Much of the story was great... but the kids not saying anything at all... none of the truth coming out for so long?

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 14 years ago
yeech whata awful story

after 17 years he finally sort of confronted the cunt whore wife.

and he cant figure out why she cheated on him.. and shit on him all these years?

a pitiful wretched story.... with no one to cheer for or even like

oldwayneoldwayneabout 14 years ago
It took seventeen years to grow any semblance of balls!!!

Worse yet, he chose to raise children that weren't even his. That was some dumb shit!!!! Three stars and that was charity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Just pitiful not what I expected from this author

This was not a good story. You made your main characters out a pitiful wimp, a man without a set of balls.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Contrary

Contrary, to the rather caustic comments by others. I liked the story. It was clear that this "wimp" was in fact a great father and he did in fact take good care of his children. Hard not to like a guy like that. Different story but well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
iT MAY HAVE BEEN DELAYED

However, he acted and he was clear in the actions when he did. For the lovers, they made their choices. I wounder, did sarah miss the children? regret anything for what she did ? Probably not, where sarah was free and without the attachments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Who are these people?

The subject above refers to both the characters in the story and to some of the people who made comments. It amazes me that so many people who comment on stories in Loving Wives are so filled with bitterness and hatred.

To say that he should not love the children because he was not the biological father reflects this type of attitude. You're not a sucker to do this you are a kind and good person.

On the other hand, both characters in the story were rather unbelievable. The husband put up with far more than even a non-confrontational person would. And the sanctity of marriage doesn't apply when one side of it is so abusive and hurtful.

The wife is one of those one dimensional monsters that are too awful to be a true person. The only explanation would be that she is a sociopath in which case her son couldn't have loved her because she wouldn't have had any feelings toward him either.

But hey! This is just a story. You know, fiction. That is the other thing that amazes me about so many commenters is that they can't make that distincition.

w

w

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
5*****s

He should have left with the two girls 10 years earlier before the boy was more than a month old and before any bonding with the boy.

DunaDunaalmost 13 years ago

Hyper super story. Yes that is the father who grows up the children well!!!! 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
as true as life!

A friend worked like crazy to provide for his two daughters only to find out they weren't his. After the divorce, her father (on the Draft board), got him drafted into vietnam! This guy was lucky!

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
This is my second time through this story

I understand love of family and compromise and dedication. Believe it or not, I also understand the desire for reconcilliation, though I think it's rare.

I couldn't sympathize with the main character since he was so obviously wrong or out of touch. This kept the story at arms length for me.

The wife was over the top evil.

It was well written and flowed, but as I said, the problem was not the writing nor the plot. It came down to the characterization.

Thank you for the story.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
i gave it a 2 star

Like I have before, just about every writer here fucks the husband for years. Your telling that this guy didn't think anything was wrong with his wife treating him like shit for 17 years. Then he is and was a true cuckold, fuck the bitch and her kids. It's harsh but why would I want to take care of another mans kids.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 12 years ago
why didn't the kids

say anything before? but not a bad story about a man who finally has had enough. but that first pregnancy would have caused the dna flag to go up.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Good Story

I took the husband way too long before he grew balls but he finally did and saved his children from a cheating slut whore.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
the turncoat

speared in the ass while smoking a cock, betrayed!

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
I GUESS THE PUSSY CONTROLED

a pussy wimp until the end, TK U MLJ LV NV

PhotoproffPhotoproffover 11 years ago
Loving Father

It took a while of not rocking the boat but he manned up. As a loving father of children no his, they really were. His mannerisms, his affection, his love was melded in their brains. The biological father only provided the DNA. He, for seventeen years, formed and molded them with his actions, attention and his love. This to answer anothers comment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
It happened to me

this may be a story, but this happened to me in real life... i'm married to a cheating bitch who gave birth to a daughter i thought was mine, she refused to name her after my mother because she wanted to name her after her lover... a year later she got hit by a bus and now is paralyzed from the waist down... i may have been a wimp, but i'm not heartless, we're still married and i changed my daughter's name when she was 3 yrs old... my wife can't stop crying abt that but i told her if she wants to leave me for her lover she can always drive away (i laugh abt that all the time since she can't drive)... btw the lover lost his left eye and hearing in his left ear when he was mugged and hit on the head with a 2x4... no comment abt that

monkcalmmonkcalmabout 11 years ago
Felt sorry for the women

Really they all had to put up with this bitch of a male, no balls at all he did was just run, wife put up with him that must have been hell,no woman wants love, and had to pretend to care about god and shit, but so did the daughters going to church faking faith, love for dad, it just soping sad they had to pretend so long around the thing called dad ewwwww.-- hahahahaha

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 11 years ago
The only thing stupider than the wife in this story

Was the asswipe comment made by monkpalmer or monkey nuts. I can see that Jerry springer let the freaks go.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Monkcalm or whatever the fuck your user name is, you are a fucking retard. I can safely assume that you are a woman and henceforth pronounce you as a screwed up bitch. Die.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Should Have went Farther

When the husband grew balls they should have been bigger. Should have really punished the whore and her asshole lover. Extreme pain for both would have been nice. As for monkass, you're a dick. HA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Monkcalm

Monkcalm is a fucking idiot! This site draws them like flies to shit.

SirThopasSirThopasalmost 11 years ago
It's funny

Ironically, the BtB crowd has been the primary action force in reducing stories like this one and making the cuck fantasies they purport to hate the main output of the LW category. Talk about mixed victory.

FD45FD45almost 11 years ago
Second Read

The author writes technically well. Nothing stood out too badly.

However, he like a Japanes calligrapher with a mop. All simple bold black and white lines. The man is contemptible, always 'doing the right thing' and never defending himself.

The wife suddenly woke up on her wedding day and said "Oh...I am going to treat my husband like shit and fuck ONE guy for the rest of my life, never feeling remorse and gleefully making myself into the biggest whore in the county.'

Just...suddenly. So I felt depressed reading the story, despite the three line 'happy ending' at the back. He sucked, she sucked, the kids sucked, the church sucked.

What was there to like? I don't think Saxon always writes like this. I just didn't like this one much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Really would of liked to see a followup on the bitch and bastard.

Something like he gives her AIDS and they both die in agony and with no one about them to comfort them or show love.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

Thanks for the offering.

phil2213phil2213about 10 years ago
Very glibl account of a dismal existence inside of a despicable marriage of circumstances

A marriage is anything but what this author described in this terrible story. Although written expertly, no author could put life into this corpse. This story was DOA. There was nothing to redeem. A divorce seemed unnecessary and superfluous in view of the surrounding circumstances and total lack of commitment. The husband was beyond pathetic and totally wimpy. The wife was a faithless scumbag. The children were tortured beings of a spineless whore. There was no revenge or retribution on good old Don and his slut. I have read other stories written by this author, which were great. Thank you for your effort!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
A good story

And I think we'd have 100% general consensus in that Sarah and what she did to this man was the epitome of evil.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
hmmm

latest statistics:

Percentage of women who say they would have an affair if they knew they would never get caught 68%

Percentage of women who admit to committing infidelity in any relationship they’ve had 54%

Average length of an affair 2 years

Percent of children who are the product of infidelity 3%

So really, this is not an unusual story at all, just she choose to have all the kids from her lover.

Ahhh loving wives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
5*

what can one say . ..

it is what it is.

life for many , truly is shit.

blackswordblackswordover 9 years ago

Too bad we didn't learn what happened to the wife after it, I would like to read it even if nothing really bad happened to her, just for to know.

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
She was a selfish bitch

And a cheating, worthless whore to boot, but she was right about one thing. Hubby was a jellyfish, that allowed 17 years of abuse. It was doubtful that he could have ever sired children, as that requires a pair of testicles! When you lay on the ground before everyone, don't be surprised when they use you as a doormat!

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
WHEN YOU KEEP KICKING A PRONE DOG

don't be surprised when he finally bites back. TK U MLJ LV NV

WoodButcher57WoodButcher57about 9 years ago
Lets be fair here.

Point One: Affairs affect one of every 2.7 couples, according to counselor Janis Abrahms Spring, author of After the Affair,as reported by the Washington Post on March 30, 1999. Ten percent of extramarital affairs last one day, 10 percent last more than one day but less than a month, 50 percent last more than a month but less than a year, but 40 percent last two or more years. Few extramarital affairs last more than four years.

Point Two: Conservative infidelity statistics estimate that “60 percent of men and 40 percent of women will have an extramarital affair. These figures are even more significant when we consider the total number of marriages involved, since it's unlikely that all the men and women having affairs happen to be married to each other. If even half of the women having affairs (or 20 percent) are married to men not included in the 60 percent having affairs, then at least one partner will have an affair in approximately 80 percent of all marriages. With this many marriages affected, it's unreasonable to think affairs are due only to the failures and shortcomings of individual husbands or wives."

And Point Three: Note that the above adultery statistics of the prevalence of affairs were made more than a decade ago; so based on changes in society during the intervening years, the current percentage of the population who have had affairs is probably somewhat HIGHER. For instance, the continuing increase of women in the workplace and the increase of women having affairs on the Internet means that the numbers for women having affairs is probably similar to those for men—about 60%.

sugnasugnaabout 9 years ago
@ WoodButcher57

Be fair? WTF does that mean? What's with the statistics on cheating? So what? Are you trying to justify cheating by saying that it is "normal"? Here is the bottom line, cheating, lying, deceiving are common in this world. Are they the norm? I don't think so because they are not acceptable to anyone even those that commit them. Cheaters live in fear of being cheated on, because they know that it could happen and how much it would hurt if it did happen to them. Yet, they cheat and inflict pain anyway. That is not "fair", that is the definition of an unredeemable piece of shit.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2almost 9 years ago
your comment made it worst dear annony

your mouth and your attitude sucks a big wet dirty cock and you love it! gave it a 5

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 9 years ago
Object lesson

This story is an object lesson, marriage is a partnership not a dictatorship. If one spouse wants a dictatorship then there simply is no marriage. Always get a prenup and leave before the pain becomes too much to bear.

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 8 years ago
Sad

Sure he was decent enough to continue to care for the kids he didn't sir, but it's sad.

The jerk Don's DNA carries on and the nice guy's doesn't. It's like the mixed emotions I get from a woman not getting an abortion after being raped. It can't ever feel good to stop a potential life, but do rapists deserve to spread their seed? What if rape, or more accurately, the capacity to rape has a genetic component?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 8 years ago
Well

I hate cheating cunts. And their asshole lovers. Hopefully they all suffer in pain.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I Am Not As Good As 'Daddy'

I would have demanded past child support for three illegitimate children from Don Roberts to be used for college expenses. I feel like this is a stand alone story, but I would have enjoyed one additional paragraph to find out what the future held for the now-childless Sarah and the scum bucket Don. Surely his wife divorced him. I actually could care less if the two cheaters had a life together.

VapspegeoVapspegeoover 7 years ago
Closer

This was different from much of your other writings. More what I liked in a story. You keep writing and I'll keep reading.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
like your stories but i remain annon

At one time I had a profile. Went out created an email account solely for Literotica comments, never used it again. Eventually yahoo deleated account. Even with profile, I often jusr read story and left anon comment. I suspect most people have separate account for their profile.

I have read numerous comments deriding anonymous comments not having courage to identify themselves. Have noticed few of profiles indicate actual identifying names.

Lordslammdawg is one I doubt anyone at Social Security has record of existence.

When some profiled commenter bashes anons just because of lack of id I go to that profile. Other than gender, usually little info can be gleaned. The named community like to assert some special link to each other-a false bond of fictitious names

True some anon comments are vulgar and snide. But same can be said about ''named'' comments. Is there any difference calling anon any idiot or lordslammdawg one just because I supplies an identifier.

Does one feel any more righteous or satisfied calling out an anon as opposed to railing about mr whatisaslamdoganyway

auhunter04auhunter04about 7 years ago

wonder if she told him that were getting married, expecting him to obey too

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Reply to justgr8

In some places in the us especially the smaller towns the church is the center of their world. So if she is pitted to the church and congregation she is effectively blacklisted from the town. She won't be able to go anywhere or do anything because of this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Pretty Good Story, But.....

I think, or rather I know, had this been me in that situation, a little more "retribution" would have been mandatory. Yeah, I guarantee you. before I took "my" kids and left the country, good old Don would have had a close personal relationship with a Louisville Slugger.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Odd story

Seems like way too many years to accept her abuse. But it seemed odd that he would run away, leave his parents and all their friends because his wife was a cheating cunt. If he is going to grow a pair, at least stick around and step on her and Don. Running away seemed like the cowardly thing to do - again.

Tootight1Tootight1over 6 years ago
good story

I liked this story, only because I can see the reality in it. I know from personal experience of the abuse husbands go through in the court system in this country. Husbands desperate for love from their wives will take a lot of shit, and they know it, even if it is fake. That is a reality you can bank on. Don't misunderstand me, some men can be just as bad, but if they go to court they get screwed, and they know it. When you throw kids in the mix, it changes a lot of things. Things that some commenters know nothing about. Good story, and I agree with the other commenter, I would certainly want my pound of flesh, one way or another.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 6 years ago
Evolutionary dead end

I hope he found a better woman in that other country and had at least one child of his own. I get that he loves these kids as well he should but she stole his genetic legacy from him and unless he has another child, she wins. He should also hire a PI to track them down. Don deserves some physical revenge for what he did. Sarah would then be totally alone and maybe someday would regret what she did.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A very bad woman.

The wife was just plain evil.

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 6 years ago
3.9

Decent little tale. If the timeframe had been a bit shorter and there was something other than the blasé (felt like it should have been an audio version read by Ben Stein) it would have been far better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Where

Where did he move to and his wife got off toolightly

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Even your BTB stories are mild

You put a man through the worst case scenario and not even in this situation are are able to write a satisfying BTB story. Mild, like you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
She was Right...Sorta

The Bitch wife was right about one thing. If he had stood up to her, shut her dumb ass down when she started pushing him around, things may have turned out differently. But he “hated confrontation”, so he backed down, let her have her way until she thought she was King. And she acted like it. I won’t say the guy deserved what he got, but he sure as hell should have stood up to her, and a lot sooner than he finally did. I didn’t like the story much, I don’t like it when lying conniving bitches get away scot-free, and that’s basically what she did. Yeah, she lost her kids, but how much did she really care about them anyway. One Star.

tazz317tazz317about 5 years ago
RAINDROPS KEPT FALLING ON HIS HEAD

till he got an umbrella and moved, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Incomplete

A good plot but a lot of loose ends. What was the protagonist's name? How could he take the children and leave the country, when the kids were not even his? Kidnapping? Did Don and Sarah leave together and then stay together? What was the nature of the work he did? - at first and then when he was forced by Sarah to change? The author truly painted him as a total wimp, with NO backbone.How could anyone take the shit Sarah dished out and call himself a man? He couldn't even look at the DNA report when it arrived.Non confrontationalist?! He was worse than a wet paper bag. 3*s.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
His Ex

The bitch was right he is a non confrontational pussy what reak woman would have children with a wimp pussy that does not wsnt to rock the boat. Wimps that let a woman make them out a bitch boy deserves to be cheated on.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Could

Could have been really good. Betrayal of that dimension demands punishment of much more epic proportions.

TreymonTreymonabout 5 years ago
She was a wicked bitch

He was a pushover=predictable outcome.

Glad he found some backbone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Pretty good story...

...a couple questions I have are, could he take the kids when they aren't biologically his? Also, can a lawyer be disbarred for having an affair? Would be interested to hear what became of the cheaters. She surely deserved more retribution. I gave it 4 stars. Thanx!

Loklie

ValintValintabout 5 years ago
@anon - Answers

A husband is legally the father of any children born into his marriage, whether or not they're genetically his. Unless and until there's a legal ruling terminating parental rights (which isn't something that would automatically just happen because of them being affair babies) or limiting them in the case of a custody dispute, each parent has the complete right to take the kids and go anywhere with them.

An attorney getting disbarred because he had an affair is fantasy-land bullshit. If an attorney is having sex with a client, that's a ticket to disbarment (though even there, a lot of states have exceptions if the sexual relationship started before the legal one), but just having an affair isn't going to get you punished, absent a situation where the sex is criminal in nature (e.g., a military context where the adultery leads to him being charged with the violation of military rules, or the affair is with his underaged step-daughter, are two instances where attorneys have been disbarred).

Like a lot of LW bullshit, the "attorneys get disbarred for adultery" thing was true at one point, but that point was pre-WWII.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Valint...

...thank you for the info...

Loklie

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
I love the speech!

His speech in the church was spot on! That is worth remembering. That father was grounded and he should not be required to hold his wife to her vows. She should have done that. Her cheating wasn't his fault. He was just too good for her.

I liked it a lot! 5*****

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
2 stars wimp too long

He got what he deserved

If you don't stand up for yourself who will?

chuckysmariachuckysmariaover 4 years ago
sorry but 1 star

the thought that he still raised someone’s children at the expense of not having his children is appalling. and i agree with [valliant] adultery is not grounds for disbarment. He wasn’t even compensated for raising bastard children, at least he could sue the father for back child support.

The concept of taking the moral high ground no matter what the cost is disgusting to me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
@Chuckysmaria said

-The concept of taking the moral high ground no matter what the cost is disgusting to me.-

Here here.

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
Bitches man bitches

Life's a bitch and then you marry one

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
The mother was a psycho bitch

No one should do anything like that to children.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Again. His revenge was not nearly enough, but overall not a bad story.

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

dull, I'd have take the daughters and left the son, after all they all knew for years and chose their mother - i'd have made the girls my sex slaves

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The next time my children saw their mother was on her death bed.

Sarah had gotten word to Frank that she was dieing and she wished to see me and her children for one last time.

The children, their families and I made the trip back to the States to see her for one last time.

She then told us about her life after we had left. She had been alone for 30 odd years after Don was severely beaten behind a bar one night. The beating was so viscious that he never recovered the ability to speak, walk or care for himself. He passed away 2 years after the beating.

She told us how she had reflected on her life when she was diagnosed with cancer 2 years before and realised the hurt she had caused to people she should have loved. She decided to not seek treatment for the cancer as some form of penance.

We then told her about our lives in our new country. About how happy we all were there. How well we had all done in our new home. How their children her grandchildren were acting native and were really enjoying growing up there. Were we being mean? No not really even though it seemed to come across that way. She had tears in her eyes as we related our lives there and she said she had missed so much.

She then called the kids by their birth names. She got really upset when they all told her they had changed their names as they did not want the constant reminder of who she was and what she had done. She had tears in her eyes as she thought about the amount of damage she had done.

She asked us all to forgive her so she could pass in peace.

It was Nicole that started it off. She said "NO WAY mother you were a selfish nasty bitch to one of the kindest nicest men there was."She then said that she hoped she rotted in hell.

Nancy said something similar.

Joshua said that he could never remember her being anything but mean and nasty to his father. And he was disgusted when he saw her and Don going at it and saying hurtful things about his father.

I asked the kids to please give me a few minutes with her alone. I told her that I had forgiven her years ago as bearing the hate was doing me no good so with the help of a priest I worked through the hurt and the hate. I also thanked her because if it wasn't for her I would not have had the wonderful life I had with the 3 wonderful children. I said I hoped she rested in peace and I would attend her funeral when it came up.

I convinced the kids to introduce the grandchildren and spouses to her by explaining that it would really upset her when she realised how much she had missed. She seemed really sad when the introductions were made.

She passed 2 days later and yes we all went to the funeral. There were not many people there. Apart from family only 6 other people showed up. She was known as a very nasty woman who never had a kind word to say about anyone. She was buried beside her Don and I had a nice headstone placed on her grave. I may have hated her for what she did but her life did deserve recognition. As I said my hatred had passed.

I have been back only once to visit her grave. The kids have never seen the headstone.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
I have to agree with chuckysmaria

I just don't see raising another mans kids. Wrong or not, I wouldn't even attempt it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You squeezed 2 stars from me

The guy was a pussy

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
A good story

Why do assholes try to hurt children

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago

Some people are commenting on raising another man's child. The issue is not the injustice caused by the biological father, but the need of the child. He has formed an attachment to them and raises them as a personal commitment. That gives him the joy of being a good and loved father. Then he takes justice on the cheating wife. It worked for me. He is a man of depth and character.

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

I loved this story except we don't know what happened to the cheaters. The way it was left they went on to live together and were probably happy. Why did they never try to find the kids? Would have preferred to hear how their reputation followed them and how that affected their lives. Also seems strange that she remained with him for so long. She couldn't have been happy either. Why not just seek a divorce and move on?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yhave described a very real condition in this fantasy.

My mom's uncle went through this twice. The first wife was a chain smoker, died of cancer. Left him with daughter from her sex buddy. Second one he left because she lied saying he was dad after gang bang he didn't participate in. He stayed until girl was 13, then took her with him. Raised her. Sent her to college. For those who just cant' raise another man's child, you are either stupid or heartless. If you don't know, then they are your's. I have 5 daughters, my wife couldn't bear children. All my girls are adopted and they are more my daughters than almost all biologicals I know.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous