NYPD: Fighting Temptation Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Shit!" she said aloud, which caught them both off guard and causing Aiden to stop laughing. He noticed that she was no longer peering at him through angry slits, but he'd hoped that she wasn't taking it to heart.

"Listen, I'm sorry I hope you're not taking me seriously right now. I just think you're too wound up and I thought you should laugh a little, you know loosen up." Shit! He hoped that didn't come out wrong, he didn't want her to be really mad at him.

"I get it, you're a jokester and I'm an uptight, stick in the mud. Thanks, I get it, but this time my issue has nothing to do with you, Mr. Conceited." she smiled as she spoke and not one of those snide remarks smile, an actual smile and Aiden was floored by her beauty.

Khalilah couldn't even believe that she was enjoying this back and forth banter, but the seemed to flow and now as she smiled at him, she saw him staring back at her with an expression she could not read. Is there something on my face? A long silence ran between them only to be interrupted by Shelley, who had finally come back to the station after being gone for what seemed like hours.

"Kiki, I'm sor –...Hey am I interrupting something?" Shelley noticed a strikingly handsome man in the room with her friend and was unsure of whether she had just interrupted something important.

The man walked over to Shelley and extended a hand, "Hi, I'm Det. Brooks, Det. Davis' partner." They shook hands and all that ran through Shelley's mind was that she hoped she wasn't visibly drooling.

"Kiki was right, he's hot!" Shelley thought, and then heard her friend cough as to signify that too much time had elapsed and maybe she should pick er jaw up off the floor and introduce herself.

"Hi, I'm Shelley Chen. Nice to meet you." She smiled.

"Likewise." Aiden replied and turned his attention back to Khalilah, who had been clearing up her table during the intros.

"Shell, I completely lost track of time, we should be getting out of here if we want to make it to the 8 o'clock showing of Sex and the City." They had decided earlier in the day that they'd have a girls night out. High heels, martinis, and all.

"Well that's what I was coming back to tell you. Good news or bad news first? Okay bad news first" Shell always gave the option, but never let you pick. Khalilah laughed as her friend rattled off her predicament. All the while Aiden watched the two converse.

"So, I have to work E room till ten o-clock, BUT I'm free for the entire weekend, no pager or anything, so that's the good news. I can always meet up with you downtown at Luxe after the movie." Shell had a plan for her friend and she hoped it would work. She knew Khalilah would take this as a way out of going out, but Shell was having none of it.

"Shell, why would I go to a movie by myself and then meet up with you. We can just reschedule." Khalilah was kind of happy the night was a bust she was tired, but truth be told SATC wasn't really her thing.

"Because I already bought the tickets!" Shell retorted and when Aiden piped up, the two women were a bit surprised, as though they had forgotten he was in the room.

"Well," he started "if you already have the tickets, I can go in your place and then we can all meet up after." He was hoping he sounded suave as opposed to eager. Khalilah was about to decline, when Shell took the reigns.

"Det. Brooks, that's a great idea, then I wouldn't feel like I wasted my money and we can all go out for drinks afterwards." Shell's plan was not this perfect, but this was definitely a good outcome.

"I think everyone wins this way, and please call me Aiden." He was speaking to Shelley, but he never took his eyes off Khalilah, who stood there unsure of what to say or do.

"I can't say no otherwise Shell will never let this go." Khalilah said to herself and before she even realized what she was agreeing to, Aiden was letting her know what time they'd meet up.

Khalilah knew that this was going to be a long and interesting night.

12