Omega Pride Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It would take an hour or two before their bruises healed up, and another couple of days before Wyatt's and Delphi's few broken ribs healed up entirely. The trip back was a little more than agonizing. Fortunately, they had packed spare clothes, and Wyatt hadn't destroyed his parka when it came off.

The jet flight home was met with silence, but Wyatt could see Delphi's fingers were pale and shaking. Was she scared? He lightly reached over and grabbed them, startling her just a little.

'Delphi?'He projected compassionately.

'Can we talk about it when we get home? Please?'Delphi projected back softly, stopping any possible question before it started. 'I need to run when we get back, then we can talk about it.'

Wyatt looked her in her eyes and nodded in understanding, but he didn't take his hand off her, sensing that she'd start shaking again if he let go.

~*~*~

Emmanuel saw them when they got back to the airport in Jackson and opened his mouth to say something, but closed it the moment Wyatt shook his head at him. As they entered the den, Wyatt scooted out from his spot next her to open the door for her. She looked up at him and after a small moment, she leaned forward and kissed him deeply, her hand lightly against his face and his behind her head. After a moment, she let go and looked at him with a small smile before stripping down, changing to her wolf form and sprinting off into the wood.

Here, she felt so much safer. Her ribs, foot, and tail held a dull ache in them, but that would soon pass. In truth, deep inside Delphi, since she found out that her wolf would be the one in control of her blackouts, she also felt a dull ache. Not just in her mind or body, but in her soul as well. She couldn't understand why her wolf would do so and not even let her know. She also couldn't understand why her wolf would do this in the first place.

Even as she ran, she found herself with chills again. The dying words of Number 66 replayed several times in her head, but she didn't know if it was what he said or something deeper that kept unnerving her. What was it?

Delphi closed her eyes, trying to clear her mind as she ran through the forest, pushing herself until her lungs burned, her muscles ached, and her injuries could barely take the strain.

'I die now, but you'll die second. Selene-less bitches forth, I'd reckon.'

The phrase kept repeating in her mind endlessly. What did Selene-less even mean?

Breathing deeply, Delphi looked around her carefully before shifting back to her human form. She let out a sharp yet silent scream as she did so, falling to her knees and covering her ears. A shift had never hurt before, but it wasn't just the shift. Her mind spun around and round quickly, her heart beating irregularly, and her breathing was off.

"W...What's happening?" Delphi whispered as she hissed, swearing she heard a sharp whine in her head as she spoke those words.

Did that belong to her wolf?

Or her?

What?

Who?

What's going on?!

Is that my voice?!

She heard her own echo in her head combined with barks, whines and yelps. "S...stop it....! Stop!" She growled out loud as she continued to shake, hearing the barks, whines, echoes, and howls range from loud to dull in her head as she spoke and even so much as thought. "Haven't I gone through enough for the week?!"

"No...I don't think you have..."

The sudden voice made Delphi freeze. Slowly, she looked up, seeing a rather androgynous person looking at her...with a sniper rifle pointed at her face. That voice...

"Number 81? What...what are you doing here...?" Delphi whispered. The sounds in her head didn't go away. Even with the rifle in her face, she was having a hard time focusing, her brain starting to feel like it was splitting itself apart.

"You know, I've never sniped someone up close like this before..." Number81 spoke coolly, "but then again, I've also never hated and been so pissed off at a single person who killed one of my comrades before either..."

Between the sounds, the splitting headache, and the strange dullness of Delphi's body, she felt...

Numb.

A single shot was fired and it echoed clear across the Bridger-Teton.

~*~/~*~

That's it for chapter 9~. Something I can finally say now that it's revealed. The reason for the fact that some parts translate directly to English when Delphi's awake and has to be translated when she's not is because she can speak English and perfectly understand it so any French she hears is quite easy and interchangeable. As for when she's asleep she can only speak and understand French as a child, and though she has memory from when she's awake, she hadn't learned it when she was a child yet. Forgive me if this didn't completely make sense.