All Comments on 'One Last Time'

by lvs2lck

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Refresh my memory...

Why are they getting divorced if they still get along so well? Or are they getting along so well because they both know it's about to end and the pressure is off? I don't endorse scorched earth divorces, but I'm not understanding this at all.

estragonestragonalmost 13 years ago
I Don't Understand Either

Obviously sex isn't the problem that's causing the divorce, so what is it? Is she Tea Party and he's Obama? No quibbles, because this story isn't good enough as a story, although good enough technically.

GrimsPetGrimsPetalmost 13 years ago
hrmm

I have seen this situation before among others in everyday life - they love each other, get married, but realize they can't live together after being together several years. They have differences they cannot work out yet the love is still strong and the sexual attraction is still there. It's a sucky situation with no real good resolution.

I think you did a good job portraying the emotions and sexual desire between the two. I'd like to see another chapter in this story.

lvs2lcklvs2lckalmost 13 years agoAuthor
This isn't fantasy...this is real life

When I wrote this a couple of years ago it was originally rejected. I just recently looked back at it and changed some typos and some grammer and resubmitted it. Having read a couple of negative comments, I realize that for them I didn't give enough character development. This is a real part of my past that is one of my favorite memories from a sad but true failed marriage. We had been together for about 15 years at this point, we had grown apart, I was the only partner she had ever had and she was looking for more. I'm sure the people who didn't understand that won't ever see my response, but maybe it will help someone else understand.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous