Onyx Dreams Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Elizabeth tapped Anthony's arm. ~He's calling for someone named Brenna?~

Anthony's eyes widened and he surged to his feet. "CYRUS, NO!" he roared but it was too late as the rumble of something other than a storm was heard.

The whole castle shook with the force of it and those in the gathering room cried out in confusion. For those who looked up they would have seen the dark cloud part to reveal an even darker winged beast descending from the skies, landing heavily upon the thick castle walls. The beast leaned down and roared, showing its razor sharp teeth and fangs. In the dark its eyes glowed with a deep fire of knowledge and ages.

Cyrus looked up and tensed as he saw the beast land and softly spoke, "Brenna..."

Rhys' mouth fell open. "Dr--, Dragon!" he cried. He had never quite believed Anthony when Anthony had been teaching the secrets of the order and told Rhys that dragons existed. His shock faded and was replaced by anger. How had that mongrel Cyrus managed to call one? His jealousy rising he ran over to Kennice and uncuffed her.

She sank into his arms, in too much pain to fight free of him. He knew what he was going to do. And he relished it. He tilted her head up and looked down at her. "Time to show your knight in shining armor who you really belong to." He kissed her hard then, a bruising, demanding kiss. His eyes flicked up and they looked at Cyrus in triumphant.

Cyrus smirked as he looked at Rhys. "That won't work Rhys. It's too late for you now. ~Please Brenna, take Kennice some place safe and far away from here.... where she can't be corrupted and broken by that monster.~

Cyrus panted softly feeling tired all of a sudden, a smile however growing further on his face. "You won't ever lay your hands on her again Rhys...not while I still breathe."

Anthony ran over and took Kennice from Rhys. "If you value your life you fool, get the high priestess and yourself out of here!"

Erykia had stood at Brenna's arrival. She gave Cyrus a speculative glance. So the boy was to be a rider. She saw much pain in that decision but he would have to live his own life like everyone else. The future was still cloudy around him but the dragons were a definite. She gestured for Rhys to come to her side. "You will be safe at my side. The druids have a pact with the dragons. They can do no harm while in our lands. We will worry about Kennice later," she said as she dragged Rhys out the side door.

Anthony held on to Kennice and his eyes went up to the dragon. "Great lady, Brenna. We welcome you to our lands. Honor the pact and do no harm," he gently reminded the angry dragon.

Cyrus took long deep breath and looked at Anthony. "Release me and she will do no harm Anthony. This madness ends here and now. As of this moment I am leaving this hallowed place."

"You can leave but you are not ready. I see now that being here was not a good choice. Please, if I write a good recommendation letter, would you consider going to the monastery in Spain, run by Javier and finish your training?"

Cyrus shook his head at Anthony's words. "No, I am tired of monasteries and castles. My dreams tell me of another place to train my abilities...and to eventually bond with Brenna. Once this is done then I will return with Brenna and Hayden...and may the gods have mercy on you should a hair on Kennice's head have been harmed till then. Now release me."

Elizabeth had come down to stand next to Anthony who gave Cyrus a long look before looking up at Brenna. Some form of communication passed between the two and then Brenna bulged loudly. Anthony nodded.

"You are released from this monastery. You may leave to seek this other place to train your abilities and to cement the bond you have begun with Brenna. You, however, are not welcome back here."

Cyrus spat on the ground in front of him in disrespect, jerking at his shackles once more. "If I ever do return Anthony, trust me. It will be to burn this place to the ground...now release me!"

"Elizabeth, release him," Anthony said wearily.

The shackles rattled and then fell off Cyrus' wrists.

"Get out!" Elizabeth hissed.

Anthony leaned down and listened to Kennice who whispered something in his ear. He shook his head in denial but then she whispered, "please," and he relented. He walked toward Cyrus and stopped two feet away from him. Anthony helped Kennice stand upright and winced when she yelped in pain when his hand accidentally grazed her back.

Cyrus stumbled forwards as the shackles were released, rubbing the pain from his wrists, the sores still there but those now the least of his problems.

Cyrus looked up as Anthony walked towards him and helped Kennice stand up right. Softly he whispered. "Kennice..." Cyrus's eyes were soft as he looked over her battered body.

Kennice sucked in a hurt breath then hobbled over to him and into his arms with a glad cry. "I love you. Please, please, enjoy life. Don't hate," she whispered in his ear even as she clung to him.

Cyrus slipped his arms carefully around Kennice, making sure he didn't put too much pressure onto her back. "I love you too, Kennice. I'll come back for you some day. I give you my word that I'll be back. Just stay safe till then my love." Cyrus drew back a little before gently kissing Kennice with genuine love.

Kennice closed her eyes and drowned in that kiss. She wasn't aware of the shouts or her parents' disapproval. She was aware only of Cyrus and of the unidentified male who hummed with anticipation in her head.

Slowly Cyrus drew away, gently stroking Kennice's cheek with his palm, whispering. "You could come with me, Kennice my love. We could leave this all behind and start a fresh..."

"I can't. But please, wait for me. I will find you," she whispered back, giving him one final kiss and then stepped back.

Cyrus sighed softly as the kiss parted and nodded. "I will sweet Kennice." Cyrus took a step back also as Brenna leaned down and scooped Cyrus up in her large claw.

Kennice watched Cyrus fly away and she felt her heart crying out for him. She felt a touch saw her father's face and felt the weight of destiny crashing down on her.

12