All Comments on 'Our Little Secret? Ch. 03'

by robinhod

Sort by:
  • 60 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

Yes there is such a thing as forgiveness. People do forgive cheating spouses. People do forgive people who murder their kids or drink drive and kill people. So yes people forgive it's the 'christian' way isn't it? But I am not a christian and I would not forgive the wife. Laura seemed a much better bet than going back to his wife. If a marriage is truly dead and if someone has moved on, then move on, don't think things will get better they won't. The trust will never be regained and does the husband really trust the wife and that she hasn't or isn't fucking the boyfriend? Trust and verify then and only then would a reconcililation be even thought about. As for the 'Love conquers all!" BULLSHIT. Love is NEVER enough and NEVER conquers all things. But you are a romantic at heart, not a bad thing, but take off those rose coloured glasses. And see the world for what it truly is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
if i ever read

If i ever read another one of your story i hope someone will cut my head of,at least tony stark knows he is sick you try to hide it or maybe i'm wrong you could just be retarded.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 13 years ago
Mindless

He has been apart from Jill for a year. She built an emotional connection to the guy she screwed around with and she thinks that is OK? Remember her statement "Oh God no. I never want to see or hear from him again. Please believe me, Kyle was a terrible mistake and I could never make another mistake like that."? How about "Yes officer, the drugs are my roommates. I wouldn't lie to you.". She IS a liar! Then without ANY reason or effort whatsoever he is back with Jill. Abracadabra! And to do that he abandons Laura who has been completely supportive and appreciative of him. He's a stupid ass and the whole story series has no value. She said she was sorry right from the start. The story drags out for a year with no change and then they are back together. It was all pointless. If you want a RAAC story then write one with justification. This one was a waste of time.

shaman43shaman43about 13 years ago
Redemption- aaahhhh great

The lurkers who have no moral development may not like the idea that forgiveness is a strength and redemption is a reality. I liked your attempt to go in that direction. In reality this occurs more than the opposite way of handling it. I would have liked more involvement in their emotional life and not such a quick resolution at the end. Over all I gave it a 5 just because I think it is a story that has occurred over and over in our real world with an outcome that is similar. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
I don't mind

that they came back together, but you took the cheap way out. this way I rather would have the open end after the ch 2 expanded. to make it really work, one meeting like that would never work.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 13 years ago
Nicely written

Only a true romantic would find a way for reconciliation for the two of them.

A slow and smooth story and a true love story.

Thanks for the read.

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzabout 13 years ago
how did Jill get there?

Laura took his coffee cup, put it on the floor well out of the way, leaned back into the couch and wriggled under his arm, pulling it over her shoulder. Mark didn't know whether he was surprised at this or whether it was just inevitable. It was certainly warm, comfortable and comforting. He pulled her closer and smiled down at her upturned face. A little kiss of appreciation seemed to be appropriate so he leaned down to touch his lips to her forehead. Jill turned her head back and stretched up to meet him so that their lips met.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Why should be believe her?

Sure we have her letter and Laura's words, but you don't establish why he should believe them. Jill lied to him repeatedly. It turns out his whole relation with Laura was a set. That was all you did. He just took their word as the truth and completely forget that they had been playing with his mind all along. In other words, Jill has still been lying.

<P>

There was no reason for a happy ending except the fact you wanted one. Too bad you made no effort to make it a logical or sane decision.

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
Ann Landers advice should hold true here...Are you better off with her or without her?

Based on what I have read. Without! Without Trust there can be no relationship or marriage. Laura is the better choice. No question.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 13 years ago
is this author fucking moron? 3 times and they all 3 stories suck

Its been over a year and he is with Laura who looks JUST like the wife. So... WHY?

This is so awful its incoherent cowshit

The wife is desperately trying to save her marriage... who claims to saying it was a 1 time thing.... who is trying to re-establish some sort of credibility with bhe idiot super wimp husband....

decides to start seeing Kyle socially ... "just talking " with the guy she fucked and cause thre break up of the marriage?

and the husband takes her back?

Oh. My. God.

m48gunnerm48gunnerabout 13 years ago
Thanks

Sorry, but I disagree with all of those who want to "burn the bitch", shit happens, get over it! You didn't make it easy, and it shouldn't be, but you did bring them to the point of reconciliation, and for that-Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Probabilities

Look, she claims kyle had been by only twice since their break up, but honestly the probability that he walked in on them on the second of only two times in 6 months is so small that he is a fool for believing her. Then she confesses to seeing him yet again because she still needs him as therapy and can't afford professional help, but she suggested couples counselling and cost didn't seem an issue then. This guy needs to get his head out of his ass.

I know, I know, these inconsistencies probably have more to do with you forgetting the details of what you had previoiusly written, but we must deal with the universe as you have presented it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

No way Jill will honour her vows.I have been in this type of relationship and trust is vital in a marriage .U made it too easy for the husband to reconcile,your story is not realistic and "love" does not conquer all but "trust " does. It is only a fantasy.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 13 years ago
Liked it 5 points

Good job for a new writer, but I would submit that I'd believe the wife's remorse more if it had been as heavily documented as was her betrayal. I'll disagree with h in VA, you're a bit harsh on our new author, far simpler husbands can be found on this site, try bobnbobbi, pulpiness or kkhowling's works, I must admit I read them in hopes of a miracle change to the husband, I was disappointed. Too bad too, kkhowling's and bobnbobbi are capable writers but their male leads are not men by any stretch of the word, but perhaps I expect too much realism. At any rate, thanks to the author for submitting his works in these shark infested waters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
I'm ok with the ending...but it was a little too trite.

I mean, he had his heart broken, they've been apart for over a year and he's seriously involved with another woman....and at the drop of a hat, he's holding hands with her again? IF he loved her that much, he wouldn't have noticed her fuckng 10 guys, nevermind just one.

arincharinchabout 13 years ago
Yes

torch the bitch. "had to" ? Nobody has to, specially when that person is the cause of the unpleasantness.

Sorry, unconvincing. and if this were real life instead of fiction, I'd say she's still cheating simply by continuing an emotional relationship if not straight out fucking another man.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Forgiveness is meaningless

Unless the party committing the wrong demonstrates repentance. Jill was not repentant--indicating she would continue to see Kyle while "claiming" she was committed to saving her marriage to Mark. She is also defending Kyle to Mark ("He's really a nice guy.") "Nice guys" respect a woman's commitment to remain faithful to her husband and don't seduce them.

Without proof of repentance from the party committing the wrong, you do not have forgiveness, you have acquiescence, or to put in bluntly--wimping out.

kingspridekingspridealmost 13 years ago
JUST ABOUT RIGHT ENDING

.....I like your take they needed to end up together....but to me they still seem damaged.... remember the stages of loss....well they've just done grieving .

Take them the counselling rout to keep them together.... p.s the trust and be trust worthy issues and both seem to lack self-confidence.

Theirs choices seem to be the take the easy way kind.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
I disagree with the ending and the belief that love overcomes all

I do believe that you can over come cheating but not the way she is choosing, you can't cheat and keep seeing the person you cheated with. Then you act like it's ok, then he how can he get over it if the temptation is still there. Two stars, because he did the right thing by moving on but why take her back if she doen't care enough about his feeling to stop see the other man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Sigh

Forgiveness =/= getting back together.

Have fun being paranoid for the rest of the life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
she couldn't meet her paramour at a busy public place?

she lied from the start so no reason to believe the shit she was selling in the letter, only a mental deficient would meet her lover in her rented bedroom unless she was riding his cock. guy is a sap, author wanted RAAC and got it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

bad story

inconsistent and unbelievable personalities

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Consistent; she couldn't be trusted

Even after all that happened, she refused to keep Kyle out of her life. Thank you for keeping the character true to female nature.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Waste

I just wasted part of my life reading this jerkoff tale. You should have just left the original alone. It was bad enough and with your sequel you made it worse. The man is a wimp. He has lost his balls permanently.

FUCK

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Loved it

I actually like what you did with this. It could have used more character development. This definitely had a bit more emotional depth then the previous chapters.

solotorosolotoroalmost 11 years ago
Terrible

Love doesn't conquer all, it didn't conquer her sluttish desires. I find the character of the stupid husband very cliched and annoying. He believes her BS letter? then what was she doing at the reataurant with newly bleached hair?

By the way, it's not "one-off" it's "one-of". It originates from a contraction of the phrase "one-of-a-kind" indicating uniqueness but many people don't appear to know this and make the same mistake you did.

javmor79javmor79almost 11 years ago
Sort of abrupt, but nice

I liked that you put them back together, because I felt that this is what you really wanted to do with this from the beginning. I feel as though the story was going good and you simply smashed them together at the last minute. I actually liked the other sequel where you got them back together at the dinner table better than this one. I would advise that when you reconcile a couple, don't do it in such an abrupt way that it feels forced. It was really well written though and I am glad that you were true to what you wanted and ignored the haters. It's just entertainment people!!! Stop living vicariously through the characters!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Yeah, right!

And six years from now, when he finds out all three of his kids have been sired by someone else, she'll tell him, "It was only once."

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 10 years ago
@ solotoro 5/24/13

'One-off' is actually a British expression referring to a one of kind object or event.

monkcalmmonkcalmover 10 years ago
not written

by a fag has to be a women cheater its so begging its sick

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
"by a fag"

A subject monkcalm and cantbuyabrain would know all about, the dirty cocksmokers.

Get a room you two!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Still a wimp.

Call him soft spoken. Call him confused. Call him anything you want. But he is a real wimp.

gabaagabaaover 10 years ago
A Good, Interesting Read

I'm glad that you decided to expand on the original. You produced several interesting

and absorbing chapters which I enjoyed.

I'm not a hard-line BTB reader but I found your expanded Chapter 2 the most convincing. She really did plan to cheat-the lies and lingerie confirm it. She allowed her lover to visit her more than once after she told her husband she'd never see her lover again. Then, even though they'd both really loved the sex they'd had together, they just talked! It was 'counseling'! Who would believe that? Oh, and her lover really is a nice guy. Yes, and he fucks up other people's marriages to prove it.

In her letter to her husband you stacked the deck too strongly against her for a reconciliation to be credible-can you imagine what her husband would suspect every time she was late home? Based on the description of her character that you gave us he'd be right to fear the worst.

On reflection you might feel that, if you really wanted a reconciliation story, Chapter 3 should have provided better reasons for the four week gap before she called her husband the second time and for the lover's presence in her room-possibly provided by the lover independently of her ( and verifiable). Even I can think of several and i don't pretend to be as good a writer as you.

phil2213phil2213about 10 years ago
Enjoyed your writing although the story was wishy washy.

I was wishing for something more definitive in this story. The characters were too distant and the actions of the characters were incongruous with their actions. Thank you for your effort.

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
Cheating...

I know cheating is bad...But one mistake we all can make it...And we all deserve the chance to be forgiven. Bad is cheating and go on cheating...And from a mistake love almost always can survive...

tiger46tiger46over 8 years ago
Excellent

You did a great job with all three versions. Loved them all but liked this one best.

AnnetteBishopAnnetteBishopover 8 years ago
Good job

I like a romantic guy. Xoxoxoxoxo Annette

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmover 8 years ago
Great ending.

You did do a wonderful job, but what about Laura? I wanted her and him, not Jill and him. Though I will be reading again. Thanks

racfguyracfguyabout 8 years ago

All in all, I thought the story was OK. I can relate to these two and their problems.

However, there was something about this last chapter that didn't sit right with me. Some of the expressions the author used, referring to "her flat," "attending Gym," "one-off," "can I collect my things." Then I realized that RobinHood is a Brit. Us 'Yanks' wouldn't use those expressions - they just aren't used in the "American" English we use on this side of the pond. LOL

Enjoyed the story, and I'm not really a part of the BTB or RAAC crowd. I like to see a happy ending,

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through...

Not sure why I favorited it. Was she really trying to convince him that Kyle was a great guy?

RePhilRePhilover 6 years ago
The below comment

Is brought to you by Donald Trump POTUS. And you thought he just read Twitter.

notredame43notredame43over 6 years ago
nope

what a joke. im sorry but if she cant afford therapy, see a priest or something. no trust after her tryst.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
huh?

Jock that ignored her in high school gets hard on for her since she is now hot.

JOCK KNOWS SHE IS MARRIED!

Nice guys do not intentionally seduce another man's wife, fiancee or girlfriend!

Wife plots, plans, schemes, maneuvers, outright lies to husband as her panties moisten at thought of jock cock reunion.

I forget, was that the marital bed the betrayal was continued and consumated in????

Then while claiming yo want husband back, vowing to wait, she plots, plans, schemes...hides her continuing relationship with jock and his ''comforting ways''

Reads like Seduction 1.1 - as in befriend her and get her back - or is that on her back - for more of cock of jock!

Those cockseling sessions discovered does wife cut off cock of ''just a great guy'' jock???

Nooooooooooooooooo

Are you insane? Jock is so understanding! Only one to confide in! You having left me what could I do.

Husband meets wonderful woman slowly love blossoms then one sighting of jock cock cutie and he is willing to abandon decent woman who patiently loves him!

HE DESERVES ANOTHER JOCK COCK SIGHTING TO BRING HIM TO ORGASMIC EXULTATION!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
5!

Ever wonder why anony reads all these stories and then tell us he hates them or they're no good? This retarded fool had a wife who fucked him over his entire marriage and he's nuts because of it!

c24jc24jalmost 6 years ago
I really enjoyed this version

1 - She's suffered for a year

2 - He's obviously unable to truly move on

3 - Despite her earlier lying, chances are she'll be straight going forward

4 - Biggest factor - He's more happy with her than without her

Sorry BTB'ers sometimes love does triumph over hatred.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
My

favorite is, lock her and your dog in the trunk. Come back in an hour and find out who's happy to see you.

As to reconciliation, well at least this was new and original. But getting counseling from her fuck buddy? Oh HELL NO! Moving on now.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
I liked it!

The goal is not to burn her. Sometimes, that is the only choice. The goal is to be happy and he decided he would be happier with her. Laura, on the other hand, was a real catch and I hope she found someone worthy of her.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
Sweet!

I'm a sucker for a good reconciliation story. *****

heydog52heydog52almost 5 years ago
WE'RE ALL HUMAN

Thank you for a well written story. I'm a diehard BTB and RAAC reader, but sometimes, YOU HAVE TO LET THE HATE GO. These characters in this story were not evil. They were only human.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wow a lot of men on here eager to eat crap

She cheated and lied and then maintained a relationship with the a$$hole! How the fuck can anyone suggest or support a RAAC based on this story? Jesus christ, I think the comments are more depressing than the wimpy story.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
No

Really weak ending to a recent story. He was awfully trusting after her history of lying and cheating. Should have stayed with Laura.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
You Win

But who knew there was a competition for the worst story?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

True love is about forgiveness. A lot of the comments I read to stories like this show that there are a lot of people out there who have no idea what true love is and have no love in their lives. So sad So many.

Enjoyed the stories happy ending there's enough shit in the world without adding more in the world of fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The fact she kept meeting with the man she cheated with is terrible. If she was really concerned about her husband she wouldn’t have gone within 5 miles of the man she cheated with. So the fact she tries to pitch the man who slept with a married woman as a “good guy” is CRAP.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Lame and preposterous. She's meeting with the man she used to destroy her marriage, repeatedly, and with whom she had one of the best fucks of her life. But nothing is going on.

Laura should send Jill a Thank You note for helping her realize what a loser this wimp is. Good riddance.

Thanks for the effort.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

This whole story swung from one extreme to another and back again.

See this story exemplifies who writers skip over logical issues that are clear to all of us, because it makes it easier to get to where the writer is trying to go.

No woman would have talked to the man who helped fuck up her marriage if she truly wanted to save it. Secondly no one waits a year....aint gonna happen.

This is akin to the stories where the husband forgives the wife AFTER she fought like hell for months to save her marriage and get her husband to trust her again and he...shockingly finds her fucking around again. There's no logic in those stories, like there is no logic here.

Bry1977Bry1977about 1 year ago

I liked the story however, the ending could have been more. could have shown more of what happened with them. set terms and stuff like that. no more seeing him no more fb no reunions stuff like that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ending was too abrupt.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

no way a guy waits months after that letter if he still had feeling and love for his wife. ending needs more conclusion as to what happens other than holding her hand and a comment by his girlfriend

robinhodrobinhod7 months agoAuthor

It's mine! It's been lying there for more than 21 years and I've just re-read it, plus the comments.

Interesting...

I accept a lot of the criticisms. Why not? It's what this site is all about. Harry did his usual rant, who cares? I was highly delighted to receive encouragement from a top, top writer, JustWords. Generally I am flattered that so many readers took the trouble.

Mostly it confirmed my self belief, which is that I'm comfortable with words (albeit Brit ones), grammar, and spelling, but lacking in that talent which creates the magic of the best stories.

That's why I haven't submitted any further stories.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userrobinhod@robinhod
28 Followers
Mr. Average, retired, married happily for many years, 2 grown kids, 3 grandkids, fit and healthy, just about solvent, despite spending too much on beer.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories