Out of Darkness Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
lilgirlsix
lilgirlsix
1,736 Followers

Seraphina showed him to the Alpha's office. She was stunned by the sheer numbers of unknown Betas that lined the hallways. She saw her pack members being taken away in shackles. She should have been enraged. Shouldn't she? She didn't seem to care. All that mattered was him. She stared up at his broad shoulders as she watched him go through the doors.

She sat quietly as he and several of his cohorts rifled through the papers and ledgers in the desk. Another Beta got to work on the computer. He motioned to Álvaro, who looked over his shoulder, wrinkled his forehead as he stared at the screen, and lifted his eyes to Seraphina. "Why does Erobos want to turn werewolves into Dire Wolves?"

She didn't have to think about whether or not to answer. This was her mate. She could trust him to protect her. "He wants their blood. He says it will make him stronger, invincible. He wants to rule over all the werewolves, not just this island."

"Why did he kidnap the human female?"

"He never talked about her other than to say she was some sort of bait. For whom, I don't know." Seraphina couldn't take her eyes off him. Every movement he made had a purpose. He didn't waste motion, or words. She listened to the exchanges between the Betas. Yes, he was in charge. She knew already she would be proud to be his mate. He was a strong wolf. He would be able to save her from Erobos and his wrath.

Álvaro couldn't look away from her. She was beautiful. She was his. He and his wolf didn't care about her past. All that mattered was their future, after they took down Erobos. And he would try to make it happen as soon as possible. "How many of your pack are in America?"

"I'm sorry, I don't know. He kept to himself with his plans. I know he's had agents there for over a hundred years. He was always looking for 'those that had escaped him'. Or at least, that's how he worded it. I think it had to do with the Hungarian werewolves he destroyed years ago." She moved her legs out of the way as a Beta walked between them to look in a file cabinet. She noticed the fleeting look of rage on Álvaro's face.

He couldn't think this way. Seeing any of the Betas near her was too distracting to his wolf. But he needed her nearby for any information she could give him. If another Beta walked past his mate he might not be able to hold back his wolf. "Keep looking for information. I'll be back." He grabbed her hand and dragged her behind him out of the room.

The Betas exchanged glances as Álvaro and the female left the room.

His strides were long making her run to keep up with him. She saw the questioning looks from his Betas and her pack-mates as they hurried by.

"Where can we go?" He didn't look at her as he spoke. He was worried if he did, his wolf would lose all control right then and there.

His voice was deeper, she could hear the wolf coming forward. Her own wolf was responding. She was ready to shift, now, in the middle of the hallway, amid the confusion of the take-over. "Outside, there's room to run." She found it difficult to talk herself. Her wolf wanted control now.

The door banged open as he came through it, pulling his mate with him. He slammed it shut and turned her in his arms. He gazed down into her blue eyes and stroked her cheek lovingly. His hand slid down her neck and touched the ugly scars. He gritted his teeth. "I don't want to know why he left these scars, but if I have the chance, I'll kill him myself." He dropped his nose to her neck and inhaled deeply, shutting his eyes tightly, savoring the feel of her in his arms as her scent washed over him. He felt her holding him as tightly as he held her.

"No werewolf can kill him. He would kill you first." Her voice could barely get out. She savored every touch from him. She'd never felt this way before. Erobos had only meant pain to her. She knew her mate would only give her pleasure. "Please, I can't lose you. Leave him to the Council." She felt his hands in her hair, pulling her head back until she was looking into his handsome face. His mouth came down over hers as he kissed her forcefully. She felt as if this was the first true kiss of her life. Her body responded instantly to him, and her wolf wanted nothing but to be taken by their mate.

He untangled her arms from around his neck and held her at arms length as he backed away. His eyes never left hers as he quickly disrobed and smiled as she did the same. He shifted and waited for her.

Her wolf was pleased with the large brown Beta that stood across from her. He was massive, his muscles well-defined. She was sure he would be able to catch her. Her wolf playfully dropped to her elbows, her tail in the air, wagging. She had never been allowed this with Erobos. Just the thought of him sickened her now. She would keep him from her memories. Luckily, wolves had short memories for the unpleasant. She spun around and took off at a dead run. {Let's see how fast he can catch us.}

The little blond wolf ran from him so quickly, he was left behind. He smiled to himself. Let her run. He would catch her. He loped in her direction, not in any hurry. He kept her in his sights, not changing the distance between them. He'd let her think she was leading him on a chase. He'd just wait for her to tire and then pounce. He noticed when her gait faltered just a bit. She was slowing. Now was the time. He closed the gap quickly and ran next to her. He looked over at her lithe body, and she met his gaze, slowing to a stop. His wolf was pleased.

She turned to face him, her sides heaving as she breathed deeply. Yes, he would be a wonderful mate for them. She threw herself to the ground and rolled onto her back, baring her belly and her neck to her mate. She laid there, waiting for him. She felt him close the distance, felt him close to her, but not touching her. She turned her head and saw his face as his nose dropped to sniff at her neck. She forced herself to hold still as his nose moved down her body, making his way slowly to her wetness. He lapped at the fluids that flowed freely from her.

He backed away for a moment, his thoughts only of her. He watched as she turned her body, lifting her tail into the air, her head and elbows on the ground. The male wolf approached slowly and lifted his body to cover hers. His front legs hooked around her ribs, pulling her backwards onto his hard cock, which slid easily into her wet sheath. Álvaro howled with pleasure as he felt his mate's depths for the first time. But time was something they didn't have. He needed to be able to think clearly and finish the job he had been assigned to do. So this mating would be fast. He would make up for it later. He plunged deeply into her and forced his knot into her body. The brown wolf reached forward and clamped his teeth around her neck, biting into her flesh, tasting her blood.

Seraphina felt the bite and her body exploded with pleasure like she'd never felt in the past. This was wholly different than being bitten by Erobos. Her body tightened around his cock, massaging it as her body spasmed over and over. She felt his body stiffen, and her body was flooded with his seed. He howled loudly over her. She was his!

He pulled her to him as he waited for his knot to recede. He wrapped his legs around her exhausted body and held her in place. His wolf was much calmer now. No one would dare to touch her now.

-------------------------------------------------

Nevada - Present Day

Sandalio answered the phone on the first ring. "Álvaro? What happened?"

The others listened to the Spaniard's side of the conversation intently, but not able to glean any information from his grunts and nods. They waited patiently.

Sandalio laughed. "Congratulations. It's about time." He nodded and smiled. "Hopefully, I will be home soon."

Sandalio returned the phone to his pocket and saw the expectant faces watching him. "The Sardinian Pack has been dissolved; there were no casualties. It seems the pack was more than happy to know they wouldn't be under the thumb of Erobos anymore. They are helping in any way they can."

"Any idea about why the interest in Dire Wolves?" Alistair wasn't so sure he wanted to know the answer. "Does he want to form an army? Does he have one already?"

Sandalio shook his head. "No, nothing like that. He wants them for their blood. He wants to drink it, apparently."

"Drink it? What the hell is he? A werewolf or a vampire?" Carr had never heard of a were that drank blood.

"According to his pack, when he kills an enemy he drinks their blood." Sandalio had actually heard the rumors before, but had thought them only that. "They're going through all of his papers and computers now. Álvaro will call back if he finds anything else."

---------------------------------------------------

Kelly paced back and forth in her room. No one had been here since they'd brought her dinner a few hours ago. It must be getting late because she didn't hear as much movement outside the door. The Doctor had been in to tell her that Drago was continuing to improve, but she still wasn't allowed to see him. When she asked him how long it would be, all he'd say was 'soon'. {Yeah right, soon. Drago, what are they hiding from me?}

She couldn't stop moving. Why was she so restless? Suddenly, she heard footsteps stop outside her door. But no one came in. She tip toed to the door and held her ear to it, trying to listen. Was there someone there? She heard the lock turning and moved back. But the door didn't open. She moved close again and pressed her face to the door. Nothing; not a sound outside. She waited a few more minutes just to be sure and then slowly tried the doorknob.

The knob turned all the way and she cracked the door, peeking into the hallway. The lights were low, and she heard faint voices coming from her right. She swallowed hard and bit her lip. This was it. She was going to find Drago. She didn't care how bad he looked from his injuries. She loved him.

She moved as quietly as she could through the hall and could hear the beeping of monitors in the room across the hall to her left. There was definitely a patient in there. She listened outside the door for a moment and didn't hear any movement. Should she go in? Her question was answered for her when she heard voices coming closer. It was either go inside the room or get caught out here.

She slipped through the door and waited a moment before turning around. She was afraid of what she'd see. Had they maimed him? Would he look the same? She didn't care. It didn't matter. She took in a deep breath and held it a moment before letting it out. {Now or never, Kelly. Whatever he looks like, it doesn't matter.}

She turned and fell back against the door, a look of shock on her face. "What the hell?" She said it out loud and hoped no one heard her. No one else was in the room, just the injured wolf on the bed. He was on his side, almost his whole body shaved and bandaged. She moved slowly toward the bed. Why would they have brought one of the wolves back? She stopped at the foot of the bed and glanced over the monitors, EKG, Pulse Oximeter. She saw the ventilator breathing for him. What were they doing? This must have been one of the wolves from the mine. Why would they bring it here?

She watched as the wolf's ear twitched and his tongue flipped up and down for just a moment. Was he awake? He didn't look it. She saw the bag of blood hanging next to him, dripping steadily. She needed to leave and look for Drago.

She had her hand on the doorknob. More voices, coming closer. {Crap, I can't leave yet.} She looked quickly around the room. She ducked into the bathroom and stood behind the door. {Please don't come in here, don't come in here.}

The door opened and the voices were loud as they entered the room. "His vital signs are stronger. The blood seems to be working well, and he's healing at a more normal rate now. I think I'd like to take him out of the coma tomorrow."

Kelly recognized Logan's voice.

"Will he be able to shift soon?"

{What the hell? That was Carla's voice. Why would she care about the wolf? Drago should be her only concern.}

"Then Kelly can visit with him. The poor girl. She's so worried about him. I feel so badly for her."

{No! It can't be. They must be talking about something else.}

"Drago, I promise, as soon as you can shift, we'll bring her to you. I promise."

Kelly's brain couldn't process all of this. The wolf was Drago? No, it couldn't be. She moved her foot and kicked a trash can. {Shit!}

Logan turned to look at the bathroom and moved quietly forward. He should have noticed the human scent earlier. "Come out of there, Kelly."

Kelly came out slowly, her back against the wall. "What are you people?" She slid carefully away from them, towards the door. She looked at the wolf, laying so still on the bed. It couldn't be. She had to get out of here. Drago had to be hidden somewhere. That was it. They knew she was in here and were saying those things to upset her. She fumbled for the doorknob behind her back, her eyes never leaving the three people in front of her.

"Kelly, please, let us explain." Silvano had no idea what he'd say, but he had to try.

"Get away from me." She managed to open the door and didn't notice Trina behind her until she felt the needle jab her in the arm. The last thing she remembered was Trina standing over her.

"Kelly, I'm sorry." Trina watched as Kelly's eyes fluttered closed.

lilgirlsix
lilgirlsix
1,736 Followers
12