Party of Five Ch. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm going to give you one more try," said Dawn, "and then ... I'm going to start pulling hairs out."

Josh tried to wriggle his head away from her, but Dawn clamped it still between her elbows. "Uh, uh, uh," she said. "I didn't mean on your head."

Behind Josh, Alice made a strangled sound. It was times like these Josh wished the youngest of his sisters was a little less graceful, and could lend him a hand by yanking Dawn off him. But Alice never got involved in their fights, physical or otherwise.

"All right!" Josh barked, beginning to feel claustrophobic. He gritted his teeth and spat the word. "Sorry."

"For what?"

"For hitting you with the cushions."

"And?"

Josh goggled up at her. "Andwhat?"

"And for being a stupid jerk..."

"I'm not apologising for that!" Josh snapped indignantly.

"Oh, I think you will," said Dawn, clearly enjoying her position of power. "Unless, of course, you want to try dry waxing."

Josh glared at her in silence, only his breathing audible to his ears. At length, he spoke. "You know what – screw this. I'm not apologising. You can do whatever you like. I could use a trim anyway."

Dawn's mouth fell open and she raised her eyebrows. Behind them, Alice's laughter sounded shocked, but it hardened Josh's will. Dawn said nothing for a while. Then she pouted and got off Josh. "You're no fun."

Josh sat up, like an old man, and sucked in a merciful breath of air. He watched Dawn leave the room and start up the stairs, and then turned to Alice, who was smiling. "Nice one," she said.

"Thanks," said Josh, pushing himself to his feet. He teetered dangerously but managed to keep his footing. "I think I'll go and see if she's okay."

He found Dawn in the bathroom, drying her face with a towel. Josh felt like he could use a good shower too. A cold one, most likely.

"Sorry I hit you," he said, and immediately wondered why he was apologising.In fact, he thought,why did I even come up here? She didn't look upset. And then...Oh, that's why. He repositioned his pants before Dawn lowered her towel.

"I'm fine," she said, looking surprised that Josh was here. "Why, do you feel guilty?"

"Not really," said Josh. "I just can't believe you told mom about Valerie."

Dawn shrugged and wiped her forehead. "She was going to find out eventually. And it wasso worth it." She grinned.

"You're such a bitch, you know that?" said Josh.

"Well, let's see," said Dawn, replacing her towel on the rack and looking thoughtful, "you've told me I am about four, maybe five thousand times, so, yes, I do know."

Josh smiled. "Sorry."

Dawn waved away his apology. "Doesn't matter. Did I hurt you?" She pointed at his wrists. Josh examined the right one and saw the deep, half-circle gouges in them.

"Nah, it's fine."

Dawn walked forward, smiling, and took his hand. It was perhaps the weirdest thing Josh now did with his middle sister – holding her hand. "Come on," she said, jerking her head towards the door. "I'll make it up to you."