Perspectives Series: Martin

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
D_Lynn
D_Lynn
1,371 Followers

I stood and watched while I spoke. "Were you having fun?"

Teresa wiped and stood up with wet towel in hand. She acted like she was going to walk right past me.

"Where are you going?" I grabbed her arm in the doorway.

"I'm going back to..."

She stopped as she looked into my eyes. I wasn't going to be able to wait to see how this thing might turn out. I pulled Teresa into my office.

"It's been too long since we've had sex." I said in a gruff voice. I unbuttoned my shorts and dropped them to the floor to reveal my raging hard-on.

Teresa looked down and back up at me. She nodded slowly.

I spun her around until her back was against my chest. "Now let's see...where were you?"

I cupped her pussy and plunged my finger inside her. She was extremely wet inside from being so aroused. "You're wet."

She nodded.

I stepped closer to the desk, forcing her to bend over it. I slid inside easily. I can't even remember the last time we had sex. Just as I caught my stride, I noticed movement in the doorway out of the corner of my eye. It was Jessie. She stood there watching. She wasn't embarrassed or shocked; I really think the vision excited her. I took a couple more quick thrusts and shot my load. When I opened my eyes, Jessie was gone.

I pulled up my shorts while Teresa stood upright, brushing her wet hair from her face. She turned to face me. "Are you happy now?"

"Yep. Thanks. I'll meet you in the living room. Don't be long."

I left her standing there. She was a big girl; she could take care of herself.

Simon was alone in the living room.

"So, do you just want me to give you the phone number of an agent?"

"Yeah, that would be great."

Jessie walked in the room and sat with Simon. Teresa showed up sometime later. Simon seemed anxious to leave so they didn't stay much longer.

The next day, I called Simon with the number. He called me back an hour later to ask me if I would show the agent the house for him. We had the house on the market by the following Wednesday.

Chapter 20

I took over handling all the details for Simon's house. He and Jessie were going to Mexico, and then Simon would be leaving for Dubai, so he wasn't going to be in the country enough to do it all himself. All he really needed to be present for was to sign the closing paperwork. As it turned out, that was July 14th, just 40 days after it went on the market.

Three weeks before closing, Simon returned from Mexico and we went to the Granfalloon to watch some baseball. They were playing both the Yankees/Braves game and the Cardinals/Indians game at the same time. Our AL team pulled ahead right away and our NL team struggled to keep up, eventually losing. It was a split in sports for us.

"Here's the offer on the house. I already told the agent that you would take it."

"Yeah, that's great. I can't believe it sold so fast." Simon signed the document to officially accept the offer.

"It's the market right now. Everything is moving fast; business is booming."

"That's good for you."

"Uh, huh. The closing date is set for Friday, the 14th. I thought you said you'd be back from Dubai by then, right?"

"Yeah. That works. How is everything else going for you?"

"Good, I guess. Nothing new has happened. Well, there is one thing – we quit The Club last week."

"You did? Why?"

"Teresa went off the pill."

"Oh, man, that's HUGE! Are you happy about it?"

"Yeah, I guess. It's time, you know. We've been living together 4 years now, can you believe it?"

"No way! Four years, really?"

"Yep."

"Are you going to get married?"

"I don't know."

"You don't know?"

"For some reason it's harder for me to take that step. I mean, I might if she gets pregnant."

"If? Don't you mean when?"

"Oh, I guess I never told you this...Teresa went off the pill for a few months after we first started dating and nothing happened."

"Oh."

Simon turned his attention to the television screens for a few minutes then he turned back to me.

"You know, I sort of thought that you and Jill were going to end up together."

"You did, really?"

"Yeah. Maybe it was wishful thinking, I don't know. I just expected that you were going to kick Teresa out when you started seeing Jill."

"I almost did." Simon shot a quick look at me. "Right after I moved into the Northland home, I brought up the subject to Jill. She didn't want to."

"That surprises me."

"How come?"

"Because she loves you. I can tell just by the way she looks at you."

"Well, she never said it. I know you pride yourself in reading people and all, but I'm not sure we read Jill right. Anyway, I don't want to talk about it. It's all in the past."

"Okay, whatever. Back to this deal with Teresa...how did she convince you to quit the club?"

"Actually, I'd been wanting to quit since right after we joined. T going off the pill was the excuse I'd been looking for."

"Why did you need an excuse; why didn't you just quit?"

"Teresa would have flipped. I brought it up once and she fell into a horrible depression just at the thought."

"I always assumed it was you who liked it."

I shook my head. "It was novel at first but, I don't know. I never really got off doing it. You know what I mean?"

"Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Jess and I hooked up with a couple in Mexico. I really got into it at first but now I wish we would've never done it. Totally my doing, though."

"It isn't all it's cracked up to be."

We sat there watching the game for a few more minutes and then we looked at each other. I don't know which one of us heard it first. We turned around and spotted her at a booth across the restaurant. Jill's laughter was unmistakable.

"Now that's a fucking weird coincidence...speak of the devil." Simon said as he turned back toward me.

I only saw him with my peripheral vision. I was locked onto Jill. It had been over a year since I'd seen her. She hadn't changed a bit. I think I was holding my breath because I started to feel lightheaded. Sitting across from her at the booth was a man. I averted my gaze and turned back toward my beer. A few moments later, Simon swiveled toward me.

"That guy is just a friend. I can tell by their body language."

I nodded without looking at him. I took another swig of my beer. "It doesn't matter."

"Oh, you're fucking pathetic, man."

I shrugged. Just leave it alone, Simon.

Simon ordered two more beers. I was thankful for the activity on the screens. There was always something to watch with multiple channels displayed. None of it grabbed my attention, however. My thoughts stayed focused on her and my blood pressure started rising steadily. I gulped my next two beers down in an effort to calm down.

Out of my peripheral vision, I caught a quick movement from Simon. He had stepped down from his barstool and was hugging Jill. She finally noticed us sitting at the bar and walked over to greet us. I followed his lead and stood to hug her. She smelled faintly of Freesia. I remembered that it was the scent of lotion she used from Bath & Body Works. I love the way she smells. She was nervously laughing and talking at the same time.

"How have you guys been? It's been ages."

I nodded. Thankfully, Simon spoke up.

"We've both been fine. Can you join us for a drink?"

"Sure. My friend Chris just left; he had to get home. We just stopped by here for one drink after work." She added the last part so quickly, it sounded as if she were trying to justify it.

Simon offered his stool to Jill and then stood. She swung around so her knees were facing mine.

"So, what's new?"

I finally found my voice. "Nothing, really. Same old routine: work, eat, sleep, work."

Jill's eyes remained on mine while Simon started to speak. She finally shifted her gaze to Simon.

"We just got back from Mexico, I sold my house and I'm heading off to work in Dubai for awhile."

Jill's eyes opened wide, "You are?!"

"Yep."

"Holy cow! That's GI-NORMOUS! Are you still seeing Jessie?"

"Yep. At least for now. I don't know how it's going to work out when I leave."

There was an awkward silence. The next logical question would be to either ask Jill if she was seeing anyone or for her to ask me about Teresa. No one wanted to go there.

"Hey, will you excuse me for a minute? I need to go to the men's room." Simon didn't wait for a reply before setting his beer down and dashing toward the back of the bar.

Jill's facial expression and tone changed.

"So, nothing has changed much, huh?!"

I guess the alcohol was starting to affect me.

"Other than us splitting up, no; not much has changed in my life."

"I...uh, me, either. It's really good to see you, Martin."

"You too."

"I was actually thinking of calling you."

"You were?"

"Yeah. I was kind of wondering if you might want to get together."

I waited to hear the reason why, but she didn't give one. For a date? As friends? I was too afraid to ask.

"I'd like that."

"Good."

Simon returned and gulped the rest of his beer.

"Listen, I've got to run. Jess is waiting for me at home." He hugged Jill, "It's so good to see you again." Then he turned to me, "Thanks for taking care of the house business. I'll catch you later."

Jill and I looked at each other. We had all the time in the world to talk but neither one of us knew how to start. Jill was gulping her drinks down quickly and I ordered her another.

She finally spoke.

"I don't know how to make small talk, here. We know each other too well for that, I think."

"I agree. I wish you wouldn't. I just don't know what to say. Our last time together was..." I stopped and shrugged.

"My fault" Jill blurted out. "It was my fault."

"No..."

"Yes, it was. I, a friend of mine told me some things and I've been doing a lot of thinking and soul-searching. I, we...we were getting too close for my comfort. Apparently, it's an issue I have."

"Who told you that?"

"A very old boyfriend of mine, Jake. I saw him at the annual barbecue right after we broke up. He's married with a baby girl now. I saw her last weekend, she's adorable."

Jill took a sip of her drink and then another gulp. "I was sort of hoping we could start over again and maybe go a bit slower. We never really got to start out as friends, you know?"

I nodded. "We could do that. I think that would be a good idea."

Jill released a breath of air. "Oh, good. I've wanted to ask you that for months but I didn't have the guts to call you."

"Chicken."

"Don't make fun of me."

"Bok-bok-bok-bok"

"Martin! Quit!" She shoved me in the chest.

I just laughed.

And just like that, it was like old times again. The year apart melted away as if it never existed. We talked about work, sports, restaurants, family, and friends. We hardly took a breath between topics. We avoided only two topics I could think of: Teresa and sex.

I checked my phone for calls or messages. It was habit.

Jill very abruptly said, "I need to get home. It's late and morning comes early. What do I owe for the drinks?"

"Nothing. It's been my pleasure."

When I finished paying the tab, Jill hopped down from the barstool and stood, making one last sweep of the screens with her eyes. She was avoiding eye contact with me. I waited patiently until she looked at me. Her eyes were wide as they darted from my eyes to the bar, to the stool, the television and back again. Finally, they rested on me. I smiled and she chuckled nervously.

"When can I see you again?" I asked her quietly.

"I don't know. When would you like?"

Tomorrow and every day after that. "Would Friday be too soon?"

"No, that would be good."

"Well, then would Wednesday be too soon?" I laughed. "I'm just kidding. Friday, it is."

Jill laughed. "Will you call me Wednesday?"

"Sure. Same number?"

Jill nodded.

"Would you like a ride home?"

"No, thanks. I'll walk."

"Okay"

I stepped off the barstool. Jill very quickly tiptoed and kissed me on the cheek.

"Drive safely." She whispered in my ear.

Then she turned on her heel and briskly walked out the door. She must have ran up the hill because she was nowhere in sight by the time I reached the street corner.

Our conversation on Wednesday was short. Basically, we just set up the logistics for Friday. Jill wanted to meet somewhere so we settled on Tanner's downtown. We could walk to any number of restaurants from there.

I felt different that time around. It wasn't at all like our first date. Jill was sitting at the bar with a martini in her hand when I arrived. She hugged me and sat back down. I was a little disappointed but I should have expected it. We were, after all, taking it slow.

Jill finally got around to asking about Teresa.

"I assume you're still living with Teresa?"

"Yes. She's still there. Nothing much has changed on that front, either."

"Why do you stay with her?"

I was a little shocked at the forwardness of the question. In all the time we'd known each other, seen each other, and slept together, Jill had never asked. I was suddenly struck with another realization: I didn't know the answer.

"I don't know. And that's the honest truth. Over the years there have been all sorts of excuses but I've long since run out of them. I guess I haven't had any better offers."

"I wasn't ready then, Martin."

"No, I didn't mean it that way. I meant...it's just my routine, that's all."

"Comfortable"

"Sort of, yeah. Even bad situations can feel comfortable, I guess."

"I understand. Do you think you'll ever get married?"

Again, I was a bit shocked.

"With Teresa?"

"Yeah"

"Honestly?"

"Yes."

"This is going to sound real cold but the answer is: Not if I can avoid it."

"Don't you think she wants to?"

"Not really. She likes the idea of marriage, but that's about it. I think when you really get down to it, she doesn't like me very much."

Jill started laughing.

"I'm serious. It's not like we act like normal couples or anything. We hardly speak, much less anything else."

"Oh my God! Really?"

"Yeah."

"How can you stand it?"

"Stand what?"

"You know...the lack of sex?"

"Oh, I find other ways to relieve tension."

Jill giggled, "I swear, you're me in a man's body."

"What about you? Have you been seeing anyone?"

Jill shook her head and looked away. I had struck a nerve.

"Wait a minute." I touched her forearm so she would look at me. "Just tell me, it's OK."

She took a deep breath. "I haven't seen anyone since we broke up."

"No one?"

"Nope."

"Wow!" My mind started racing. Why not? I couldn't ask.

"I guess there weren't any better offers." She proposed, as she grinned and shrugged her shoulders.

I highly doubt it.

We ate dinner and then I walked her to her car. I kissed her on the lips quickly and then hugged her. I wanted her to know that she couldn't call all the shots all the time. I am part of this duo, too.

I invited Jill to watch the fireworks display in Parkville on the 4th. Teresa was going over to her parents' house for dinner. Knowing how I despise her mother, she knew better than to ask me to accompany her.

I picked Jill up at her apartment and we drove together. We found a nice spot on the lawn near an orchestra that played music up until nightfall. I spread out a blanket and we lay side-by-side gazing up at the night sky. The air started to grow cooler and Jill rolled toward me to keep warm. I swung my arm around and she sat up and then lay back down on it, cuddling next to me. Her arm finally came to rest across my stomach. She would absentmindedly stroke my chest while watching the fireworks.

"What's your favorite color?" She sounded like a young schoolgirl.

"Blue"

"Favorite food?"

"Lasagna"

"Car?"

"Corvette. There is no substitute."

"What is your favorite band?"

"Green Day"

She paused. I could tell she was thinking of more questions.

"Before you continue with the twenty questions, can I ask you one?"

"Shoot."

"Are you asking me these questions because you want to know me better?"

"Yeah. I had no idea you liked lasagna. I love lasagna."

I couldn't tell if she was serious or not.

"Seriously, none of these things matter. It doesn't matter if I like Corvettes and you like Mustangs or if I like Green Day and you like Metallica. I'll still like you no matter what you say you like or don't like."

Jill sat up and rested her chin on my chest. "You will?"

I nodded, "Yes."

"What if I told you I hated Green Day?"

I sat up, "What?!"

Jill started laughing hysterically. The finale was booming away and she was missing most of it because her eyes were closed as she held her stomach, doubled over on the blanket.

"Oh, that was HYSTERICAL!" She yelled as she smacked the blanket with her palm.

"Yeah, yeah. Are you serious?"

That just made her laugh even harder. Tears were rolling down her cheeks. I didn't see the humor.

"Don't worry, honey. I'm just kidding. No one could hate Green Day."

I stood up and pulled the end of the blanket up until she rolled off.

She screeched and sat up wiping the tears from her cheeks.

"Here." I held my hand down to help her up. The finale was over and the people around us were now standing up and gathering their things.

She looked up at me and started to grab my hand but changed her mind.

"I don't trust you." She put her hand down and hoisted herself up, brushing off on the way up.

"As well you shouldn't."

I couldn't help myself. I pulled her to me with one arm and steadied her face with my free hand while I kissed her. It was a passionate, wanting kiss. Her lips parted and I quickly found her tongue waiting for mine. Her head fell backward and her body relaxed in my arms. After a few moments, I pulled away and she opened her eyes slowly. She was panting and I could tell she wanted me.

I longed to tell her so much but I didn't want to frighten her. This time around she will have to come to me. This time she will need to fall first.

I walked her to the door. She looked up at me, waiting for me to kiss her again. I smiled and stroked her face with my fingers. I pecked her on the lips.

"Good night, sweetie." I said in a casual tone as I started to pull away. "I had a great time."

"Me, too." She uttered in a barely audible voice. She frowned at me and crossed her arms. "Am I going to see you again Friday?"

"Sure, if you want to. Do you want to meet down here somewhere?"

"Yeah, OK. How 'bout Kona Grill?"

"That would be great. Let's meet after work. Say, around 6?"

"OK."

"Okay, it's settled. I'll see you then." I swiftly walked to my car and left. I purposefully did not look back. I'm pretty sure she watched me the whole way.

I was thankful to arrive at an empty home. Teresa had left a message that she was going to stay until Saturday and help her mother paint their dining room. She didn't want to drive back and forth every day.

It wasn't until I was undressing for bed that I noticed I was still a little hard from earlier. That redhead has quite the affect on me.

I arrived about ten minutes early on Friday. The place was crowded. I secured a spot to stand near the bar, like claiming real estate. She walked in the door and my jaw nearly dropped to the floor. Jill was wearing a matching midriff and skirt. It was too sexy for work, so I knew she donned it just for me. Her hair was pulled back off her face and she was wearing a little more makeup than usual. She strode up to me and very confidently and deliberately wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me on the lips. She took a step back and smiled.

"Hi."

D_Lynn
D_Lynn
1,371 Followers
1...1011121314...17