Powerball Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

But Beth just giggle and said, "And you clean up quite well yourself."

Hoping Beth didn't notice my half hard cock I escorted her to my truck where when she got in I was treated to enough leg to know she was wearing stockings. My cock expanded a little more. I walked behind my truck on the way to my door taking a second to adjust myself. God I desired this woman. Knowing that she didn't feel the same way only saddened me. But, I was determined to see she had a good time out regardless.

We arrived at my sisters house at six sharp and had time for a glass of wine. Then we headed for the restaurant. We arrived at an upscale seafood restaurant and were led to a circular booth where the women took the inside seats and George on the outside next to Mel and me on the other side next to Beth. Dinner was great and the company was better but every now and then I would see my sister glancing at me. I couldn't figure out why she was looking at me like that, I was being a gentleman and holding up my end of the conversation. After dinner my sister said she would like to go to a small up scale night spot near where we lived. They had a dance floor and I knew my sister enjoyed dancing with her husband. I deferred the decision to Beth who was obviously having a good time.

Beth agreed immediately so off we went. We arrived at the club and it was fairly crowded but we managed to find a table and ordered some drinks. Quickly my sister and her husband were on the dance floor leaving Beth and I at the table. I really wanted to ask her to dance but was afraid she would turn me down. We sat and talked. She told me she was really enjoying herself. After a couple dances Mel and George came back to the table. As she passed me she hissed in my ear. "Ask her to dance."

We talked and when the next song started I asked Beth if she would like to dance. She jumped and and grabbed my hand and pulled me to the dance floor. So much for worrying about being turned down.

I thought I could dance pretty good but watching Beth move was like watching poetry in motion. As this was a fast dance I had plenty of time to watch her. The next song was a slow one and before I could even ask she slid into my arms. Holding her was like a dream. My only problem was my rapidly growing erection. I knew I now I didn't just want to fuck this woman, I wanted to make her mine and fuck her for the rest of my life.

After that dance we returned to the table. I walked behind Beth hoping no one would notice my erection. We sat and chatted and then Mel and George returned to the dance floor. I took Beth's hand and led her out too. We danced another three fast dances and returned to our table. Beth said she needed to visit the girl's room so Mel, George and I sat and talked. I felt the need arise to empty my bladder and excused myself also. The restrooms were off to the side down a short hallway. As I turned the corner I saw Beth backed against the wall obviously trying to fend off a drunk. Instantly my temper flared. I strode down the hall and grabbed the guy by the neck and slammed him against the wall. I was going to make this guy pay for accosting Beth. As I raised my fist I felt Beth's hand on my arm.

"No, Michael. He's not worth it."

Instantly my anger began to wane. As I held him against the wall I leaned forward and whispered into his ear, "I suggest you leave or find out what a very pissed off marine can do to your ass."

I then released him, he gasped an apology and took off. I turned to face Beth with obvious fear in my face. I had shown her that there could be a violent side to me if pushed. And she was on the run from a violent man when I found her.

Beth reached out her hand and placed it on my cheek. "Thank you, Michael. You are my hero." She then turned and walked back to our table.

I did my business in the men's room and returned to where we were sitting. Nothing more was said of what had happened but I could see both Mel and George had been told what happened and they gave me a big smile when I returned.

Beth and I danced several more times and then I said I would go get us a last round of drinks. I had almost made it to the bar when a very pretty redhead button holed me and started coming on to me. I was a bit flustered and trying to get away when suddenly a blond and a brunette stepped between us.

"Back off bitch, he's with me." I couldn't believe my ears, these words were coming from Beth.

The redhead could tell these were two women not to be trifled with, stuttering an apology she made a hasty retreat. Turning to me Mel said, "She was absolutely rude. She knows you are at our table and to come on to you in front of us is an insult."

"Sorry to ruin your fun, Michael," said Beth with a sheepish grin.

"Well, I think they know not to mess with us," said Mel to Beth. "We will be at the table when you get those drinks, Mike."

The two women turned and strode back to their table where I could see George chuckling. As I continued my interrupted trip up to the bar I realized that what Beth had done was all an act. I know she would freak out if she knew I have fallen in love with her and really did want to be with her. There were no more incidents and I returned to our table, drinks in hand. The girls were still snickering about chasing the cute redhead off.

"Since you so gallantly saved me from that drunk, we thought we would just repay you the favor," giggled Beth, the drinks obviously bringing out her playful side. But, if you want I will go apologize and get her phone number for you."

"No,no, that's okay, I'm not interested," I stuttered, knowing the only one I was interested in was the blond at our table.

We finished our drinks and decided to call it a night. As we walked out to the car, I knew we had enough drinks that we were feeling no pain but weren't stumbling drunk. That is everyone except for George. He had tee totaled all night, being the designated driver. For the short ride back to Mel's house the girls sat in the back seat whispering and giggling, while I sat up front with George. We arrived back at the house went inside to check on the kids and let the baby sitter go home. When we checked in on the little ones we found them all in one bedroom crashed out on the floor in sleeping bags.

We quietly closed the door and went back to the living room. Mel brought her and Beth a glass of wine and I had a beer along with George. This final glass of wine was enough for Beth that she nodded off sitting on the couch. It had been a long day, what with her shopping trip, dinner, and then the trip to the club. We had already decided to let Lisa stay over and when we noticed that Beth had fallen asleep I whispered to Mel to bring a blanket. We gently laid Beth out on the couch and covered her with the blanket and I left for home. At first Mel had insisted that I stay over as well but I begged off telling her I had to get home to let the dogs out and it was only two miles and there was no traffic out here in the country at this time of the night.

Driving home I thought back to dancing with Beth, the slow songs, holding her in my arms and coming to realize I was in love with her. I knew it was going to hard to live in the same house with a woman I loved but couldn't have. And the longer she stayed the more it would hurt when the time came that she and Lisa moved out. Maybe I should go ahead and rent her and Lisa a place now, I could find them a nice place and pay a years rent up front. That would be more than enough time for her to save up enough money to be independent.

------------------------------Beth

What a day it had been for Beth. First the shopping trip with Mel finding the perfect dress and the make over. The look on Mikes face when he saw her for the first time was priceless. She even noticed a growing bulge in the front of his trousers. The butterflies in her stomach fluttered again. And getting into his truck making sure he could see her stocking tops. She knew he might not trust women but he was still a man. And dinner and the restaurant was delightful. It had been so long since she had a night out and no one had ever taken her to a restaurant as nice as that one. She realized she envied her friend as she watched her and George together. Their love for one another was obvious for all to see.

And then at the club, slow dancing with Mike. His strong arms holding her had been even better than she had imagined in her fantasies when her fingers worked their magic on her pussy. Her pussy definitely became moist when Mike held her as they danced, and the occasional brush of his obviously hard cock only mad her wetter. And once again her knight had to come to save her when the drunk had accosted her in the hall way. She knew she was falling for this man. Maybe she and Lisa should move out now. It was only going to hurt more when the time came that Mike wanted them to leave.

But for tonight, she closed her eyes, sipping her wine remembering the feel of his arms around her. That was the last she recalled until waking the next morning, embarrassed to find herself on Mel's couch.

--------------------------------------Mike

I woke later than usual. I guess between the drinks and late time I finally got to bed I needed the sleep. I decided to skip my run this morning and just went downstairs for coffee and a bowl of cereal. As I thought over my problem, falling in love with a woman who I couldn't even tell, I wasn't sure how to handle it. If I just went and rented a place for Beth and Lisa my sister might think I was merely kicking them out and I sure didn't want to piss my sister off. I had no other family and didn't want to alienate her. Even my nieces would probably be angry with me if they thought I was trying to abandon their friend Lisa. I could see I would have to give this some very careful thought.

It was a little before noon when Mel dropped off a still embarrassed Beth. Coming through the door the first thing she did was try to apologize.

"Oh, Mike, I'm so sorry for falling asleep like that last night."

I chuckled at that. "Don't worry Beth I know you had a long day. I just hope you enjoyed the evening out."

"Yes, I did very much. It was wonderful. It's been so long since I've been out and that was the nicest restaurant I have ever been too."

"Well then having a good time was the main thing so it was all for the good then," I said.

"I need to shower and change and then I will make some lunch for us," she said going to her bedroom.

Beth had come home still wearing the little black dress she had on last night. And she still looked as good in it now as when I first saw her in it. I wanted to tell her I wouldn't mind if she wore it all day but I knew she would call me a pervert and take Lisa and run. Besides seeing her in it again this morning had caused my cock to stiffen. I couldn't walk around all day with a hard on. Well I guess I could but I knew Beth wouldn't appreciate it.

I helped Beth in the kitchen and we fixed a quick lunch and then she and Lisa left to meet up with Mel to do the weekly grocery shopping. I didn't mind letting Beth do this as I really didn't enjoy the shopping bit too much, and I was sure that if she did it she would buy the foods that she and Lisa liked. They didn't get back until a little after five, and by the time we had put everything away it was time for dinner. Then we watched a little TV until Beth and Lisa went to bed. Tomorrow is Monday, start of the school and work week.

When Beth and Lisa got home Monday evening we went through our now normal routine, fixing dinner, eating, cleaning the kitchen and then joining Lisa in the game room. When Beth and I got there Lisa already had a board game set up and was ready to play. We took our normal positions and started the game. I found it harder to concentrate tonight. Now not only was I checking out Beth's legs but I would catch myself staring at her lips. Those lips I so much wanted to kiss. It was getting harder and harder not to tell her how I feel.

Somehow I made it through the week without breaking down and ruining everything. This weekend was another sleep over for my nieces. Friday evening I was in the kitchen making spaghetti, a favorite of the kids, when I heard the door open and the happy voices of the girls. They came running in to find me with Beth trailing behind. First I gave Missy a hug and a kiss, and then the same for Jeanie. Before I could turn back to my cooking, little Lisa looked up at me.

"Mr. Mike, could I have a hug, too?" she asked in a pleading voice.

My eyes filled with tears, I couldn't help it. This precious girl who I would have been proud to call my own wanted a hug too.

"Of course you can sweetie," I said, bending down giving a big hug and a kiss on the cheek just as I had done for my nieces.

She giggled, pleased as punch. "Thank you Mr. Mike." She then turned and ran after my nieces to the game room.

I saw Beth standing there with tears in her eyes staring at me. I rose quickly and turned back to the stove unable to say anything as I was all choked up. Beth told me she was going to wash up and then she would be in to help with dinner. I could hear in her voice that she was emotionally affected by Lisa's request too. Beth came back and we called the girls to the table. During dinner I could see Beth looking at me with an odd look in her eyes. I didn't know what was going through her mind, I just hoped it wasn't anything too bad.

After dinner unlike last week the girls insisted I play games too. We all had a good time, I even made popcorn for them. When it was time for bed my nieces came and kissed my cheek and this time I wasn't so surprised when Lisa did the same thing. I saw Beth look at me with the same odd expression before she turned and went to help the girls get ready for bed. I waited for a while watching the news but Beth never returned. Her bedroom door was closed when I did go upstairs. Man, I just hope she isn't too upset.

I got up Saturday morning and everyone was still sleeping so I went off for a jog. I ran for an hour and a half and when I came back I passed the girls room and I could here the faint voices of little girls in the stages of waking up. I trotted upstairs to hurry and shower and dress so I could get down to get breakfast ready. When I got downstairs again I found Beth already in the kitchen. She seemed to have everything well under way and told me to get a cup of coffee and have a seat as she would take care of it. I did as I was told and took a seat at the table to watch her. At first she kept turned away from me intent on the stove but finally she turned and looked at me. She smiled at me. I wanted to take that as a good sign that she wasn't upset or angry.

It wasn't but a few minutes before we heard the chatter of the little ones headed our way. They came in, and each in turn gave me a kiss on the cheek telling me good morning before taking a seat. This time I did see a slight smile from Beth when Lisa copied my nieces with a kiss on the cheek. Okay, maybe this wasn't a bad thing. The girls wanted to go for a ride in the boat, so after calling George and getting his permission to take the girls out we went to the boat dock. I got everyone fitted into life jackets and started out of the cove to the main lake. Neither Beth nor Lisa had been out on the boat yet. I could tell Lisa was thrilled but Beth was obviously nervous. She said she had never been on a boat before. After about forty five minutes I looked at her and saw that she was not only relaxed but enjoying herself. Now, if I could only teach her to fish, she truly would be a keeper. If only our circumstances were different and she could feel for me what I felt for her.

The rest of the weekend passed with Beth and I having fun with the kids, or just watching them play. Sunday came and once again my nieces headed home, and another week started for the girls.

----------------------Beth

Monday morning passed quickly for Beth, then she and Mel went to the cafe for lunch as they often did. Beth told Mel about all the things the girls did over the weekend and how much she liked being on the lake in the boat. Mel thanked her for taking care of her girls. She then offered to take Lisa for a weekend if Beth wanted have some alone time.

Beth, thinking about what Mel and George probably did on their alone time weekends just whispered, "I wish."

"What did you say?" asked Mel.

Beth hadn't even realized she had said that out loud. "Uh, what. Oh nothing, it was nothing," answered Mel.

Mel looked at Beth closely for a moment. "No Beth, it wasn't nothing. You said 'I wish'. What do you wish for Beth. Do you wish you could have weekends like George and I?"

When she said that Beth's eyes went wide.

"That's it isn't it? And I don't think you would be feeling that way unless you had someone in mind you would like to be with. Tell me the truth Beth. Do you have feelings for Mike?"

Beth stared at Mel wondering if it was that obvious. She so wanted someone to talk to about how she felt and Mel was her only real friend but she was also Mike's sister. She was so afraid that with both her past and Mike's that Mel would be angry and she would lose her friend but she just had to tell someone.

Tears began to flow from her eyes. "I'm sorry Mel. But, yes I do. I didn't mean for it to happen but I couldn't help myself. And now I don't know what to do."

"Don't be sorry, Beth. This is wonderful," said Mel with glee.

"How can this be wonderful? You told me yourself that your brother couldn't trust a woman. So how can falling for a man like that be a good thing?" asked Beth.

"Listen to me. When you arrived at Mike's house a month and a half ago, how did you feel about men?"

"Well, I thought I would never be able to trust or love another man again," answered Beth.

"Okay. One more question, Beth, and I want you to think about it and give me an honest answer. If Mike loved you and wanted you and Lisa to be a permanent part of his life, could you love him back, be true to him, be open with him, and most important, trust him?"

Beth sat staring at Mel as she searched inside for the honest answer to that question. She knew she was no longer the same person she was six weeks ago, afraid and without hope. Mike had changed all that. The answer was obvious for her.

"Yes Mel I could, I do love him. But, what's the point. We both know it's a one way street."

"You are very wrong dear. I know my brother better than he knows himself. Six weeks ago he couldn't trust a woman. But you changed that Beth. My brother is in love with you. I can see it in his eyes every time he looks at you. He's afraid to tell you. Afraid if he does you will panic and run. Beth you two need each other, you the love of a good man and he the same thing from a good woman. And I think you are that woman. I never trusted or really liked his ex-wife. I was afraid she would do something just like she did. But I have seen the love you have for your daughter and the loving care you give the children at the center and I know it's real. And I know Mike has grown very attached to Lisa as well. He would raise her as if she were his own child if he could. I believe deep down you know my brother would never do anything intentionally to harm you or Lisa, either physically or emotionally."

Now that it was out in the open it was easy for Beth to talk to Mel. "What should I do? I want your brother to love me. I want to be his woman."

"I think we just need to give him a little push in the right direction."

---------------------------Mike

One of the things that has changed over the weekend is my relationship with Lisa. Now when she comes down for breakfast I get a kiss on the cheek and another just before she leaves for school. And first thing she does when she gets home is run find me with arms out so I can hug her and kiss her cheek. And when she goes to bed I get another kiss. My love for this little girl grew with each one and I so wished I could try to be the father she deserved.