Prince of Darkness vs Prom Queen 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I guess." He was silent for several minutes. "Laci? What would you think if I stopped training for a while?"

It was her turn to be silent, then she sat up looking at him with concern. "Donovan, you love training. It's part of who you are. Why would you want to stop? Are you okay?"

His smile could not have been any bigger. "I'm fine. I swear, but at some point this afternoon I suddenly realized how much we have to look forward to over the next few months. Matt's going to start laughing, reaching his little arms up when he wants to be held. It won't be long before he starts talking, walking, running all over the place, wanting to play with Virgil. If I'm gone for a month at a time, I'm going to miss all of that and I don't want to miss a minute of it. I can't wait to see how cute he's going to be dragging Virgil all over the place. I'm not sure I'm ready to give it all up forever, but for a while."

She snuggled back down into his arms. "You know, Master Donovan, I think you need a spanking for doubting yourself. You're a great dad."

"No, Laci. No. Not happening. No. Never. No. Absolutely no. Not ever. No."

"Will you consider wearing jeans once in a while?"

He groaned. "Maybe. I'll think about it. Only if they're the ones that make my ass look really good."

"Your ass always looks good."

"Thank you. Hey! Do I still get to spank you? I haven't done that in a while."

"I'll give you my answer after we go jeans shopping."

"You're blackmailing me? You really need to try understanding how the Dom/sub thing works."

"I guess you'll just have to keep training me. As I recall, I'm a work in progress."

"Was I ever in control?"

"Donovan, you're always in control, but now you're in control of other things, different things, things you never controlled before. Maybe your need for control has shifted a bit."

"Victor did say how much I've changed. I can't wait to see the look on his face in the morning. He tried to give me a crash course in taking care of the Peanut, and it didn't go so well. He's going to be shocked at my sudden ability to not set off the smoke alarm."

"You set off the smoke alarm, too? I have to confess I couldn't resist sneaking a peak at the dining room disaster."

"Yeah. It'll look better after we clean up the powder bomb explosion," he assured her.

"Donovan, I should probably prepare you. Victor may be a little unhinged in the morning."

"Unhinged? More unhinged than he usually is? Why?"

"After I finished the interview earlier, I called Marian and she had just gotten off the phone. She got some unexpected news and she was planning to tell Victor in the morning before she leaves for work. She thought it would be better for him if he was distracted with looking after you and Matthew."

"Better for him? What's wrong? Is Marian okay? It's not Victor is it? What the hell is wrong, Laci?"

"Do you remember just before Victor and Marian got married and they were talking about adopting a baby?"

"Of course. They went through the whole process, but Marian was having second thoughts. She spends so much time working and she wasn't really sure about the whole thing. Victor was disappointed. That's probably why he's so attached to Matt."

"Well, she never contacted the adoption agency and after seeing how much fun she was having with Matthew and how good Victor has been with him, she started having second thoughts about her second thoughts. She got a call yesterday and there's a little boy available. His name is Jeremy and he's just a few weeks older than Matthew. They should have him by the end of the month."

There were several seconds of silence. "Victor is going to be a parent? Victor? Shady background Victor?" Donovan sighed. "Damn good thing he attended The Poppins Academy of Dubious Lock-Pickers and Swaddlers. Victor?" He sighed again. "Well, it will be fun for Matthew to have a cousin to grow up with. Jeremy, huh? I can see it now...Matthew and Jeremy learning to talk and walk. Then learning to run. Pretty soon both of them will be dragging Virgil all over the place. Poor, old Virgil. He may have had a chance with one kid, but he'll never survive two. Especially two rambunctious, little boys. Poor Virgil." For some reason Donovan didn't sound that sorry. "Don't worry. When the day comes that Virgil is ready for the trash, I'll buy you a new unicorn. One without beady eyes. Poor Virgil. His days are numbered. Guess I'll be buying two cars in about eighteen years."

"Why will you be buying two cars in eighteen years? And what does that have to do with my unicorn?"

"What? Oh. Uh, I just meant that earlier when Matt and I were talking, I promised to get him a car when he was old enough to drive, so now, I guess I'll be buying one for Jeremy, also. This will be like having two kids without actually having two kids. Nothing personal, but I'm not sure I could survive another bout of pregnancy hormones. Are you okay with just having Matthew?" he questioned.

"I really am. I'm very happy with you and Matthew. Because of your introduction to Marian, I have a job I love and I have a perfect little son and I have you. Thank you, Donovan. There isn't anything else I want. There isn't one single part of my life that I would change. I love you very much."

He leaned down to kiss her. "And because of you...I have you. You and Matt. Nothing else I want either, except, maybe, more shoes. When we go jeans shopping, I think we also have to go shoes shopping. How many colors do those shoes come in? I may have to build you a shoe closet. Really amazing shoes. You, Matt and shoes. I'm happy. I love you too, even without shoes."

"You and Victor are going to have so much fun with Matthew and Jeremy. You'll be taking them to the playground and teaching them how to swim. Showing them how to finger paint."

"Finger painting is messy and playgrounds are dirty. Does this mean I'm going to be hanging out with Victor and Matthew and Jeremy while you and Marian go to work? I work, too, you know."

"True, but you did say you didn't want to miss one minute of watching Matthew grow up. You'll have plenty of time to work and still have time to play with Matthew and Victor and Jeremy and the dog."

"I guess. Finger painting, huh? Wait! Dog? What dog?"

"Two rambunctious little boys are going to want a dog. They can only roll around with a stuffed unicorn for so long and like you said, eventually Virgil will be heading to unicorn heaven."

She sounded very definite. At least she was accepting the demise of Virgil.

"But, Laci, dogs are messy. They shed and they drool. They track muddy paw prints everywhere. They smell funny. They want to sit on the furniture. Dogs smell like dogs. And I think they have beady eyes. Do dogs have beady eyes? I know they growl. A dog will hate me. He'll be in love with you and Matthew and hate my guts. A dog? I don't know about a dog."

"He'll love you. Just wait. He'll run to greet you every time you walk in the house. He'll want to be with you constantly. And since we'll eventually be getting rid of the unicorn, we can name him Virgil."

What was that strange sound?

"Donovan? You really need to try understanding how the Dom thing works. I don't think Dominants are supposed to cry. Are they?"

*****

I am so grateful for all your comments. When I started Prince & Prom Queen, I wasn't expecting this much positive feedback. Let's be honest -- how many stories on Lit. have a stuffed unicorn in them? Virgil is quite thrilled with his fan club!

A very special THANK YOU to Bigg_Mike for being a terrific editor and always coming through, no matter what!

CHWH