Ratter Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rane smiled and moved her to the bed. "So says the walking crisis" he teased. He shot a look at Seere and left the room.

"There was this man" she said as his hand brushed over the cut on her breast and the healing brought back her strength.

"Man?" he whispered.

"I guess. Don't know really. Things are strange in the other worlds. He said his name was Gare. He whispered something to me before I..." she took in his stiff posture and sat up. His hands slipped away and he stood, running his hands through his hair. "What?" she said before knowledge spread across her face. "You know him."

His look confirmed it. "He wanted me to kill you."

There was more to his words. More that he was going to tell her and she wasn't sure if she wanted to hear it or not. "What?"

"When you got hurt. I met him. He wanted me to kill you."

She watched him, her eyes neutral but her heart beating erratically when the words formed in his eyes and spilled out his mouth.

"And I wanted to."

She didn't have to ask when. She knew.

"It's in me April, and I know you see it. Whatever I am is coming to the forefront and it has something to do with you." She nodded slowly and he continued. "That's why you have to leave."

Her head snapped to attention. "Sorry, what was that?"

He held her gaze. "Leave."

Her face was a myriad of hurt and righteous indignation, but she didn't move. "You're kicking me out?"

"Yes."

"Well fuck that" she folded her arms and glared. "Get used to this face mister, because as of this moment I am a permanent squatter in this piece of shit you call a life."

"Do youwantto die?"

"I've got nothing better to do."

"Bitch!" he growled storming over to her. "Is there any part of you that isn't drenched in your inbred stupidity? The part of me that cares about you isn't there. Not when...whatever that was happens. Don't think it's going to matter."

Her eyes widened. "You mean there actuallyisa part of you that cares about me?"

He gripped her by the arms, punctuating every word with a shake. "You. Need. To. Go. I don't want you here.Nobodywants you here. You're alone April. On the outside and you willneverbe in. No matter what your breed is."

She shook him off, biting back the sting of his words. "I know what you're trying to do and it won't work." He spun around and headed further away from her. "I can't do this on my own" she pleaded, and he stopped. "You told me I couldn't trust you" she whispered. "I believe that but it's not really a choice. I do."

"More reason to leave."

She walked to him and touched his shoulder. His eyes widened in surprise as she took his hand and wrapped it around her neck. Somewhere in the back of her mind she wondered if this was such a good idea, but it was outweighed by the knowledge that if she didn't dosomethingshe was on her own. "I'll leave. But you'll have to make me."

"Ril..."

"Make me. It's easy and I know you can do it. What was it you said? The feel of bones crushing beneath your fingers? You think you're a danger to me, then do it, and hey, I'll be convinced. Kill me."

***

His eyes were wide, watching the instinctual tense of his fingers on her skin. The voices were fierce now, screaming for blood and mercy. Both seeming to come together to speak of mercy bought with her blood.

So easy.

His nightmares, the voice, and his true self fought for attention. Violence was being offered to him, all he had to do was take it.And he wanted to. His fingers tightened slightly and April breathed in sharply. His eyes were fixed on his hand, but he knew there would be no fear if he did look up.

"How does it feel, Seere? To holdmylife in your hands."

The answers came thick and fast.Beautiful- Perfect- Foul- Complete- Exhilarating- Torturous- Wrong- Wrong- Wrong. His hand snapped back and he fell away from her gasping. The wild rage pulsing through his fingertips, still screaming for her blood. "Run" he gasped.

"No" she said reaching for him.

"Run!" he yelled and she jolted back, turning on her heel and running out the door.

There was a tense silence in the room after she left. Every item stilled in waiting. Seere's eyes stared coldly from his crumpled form. He didn't move. Didn't speak. But a wave of energy swept out around him. The room vibrated, perfume bottles and picture frames collapsing on the floor. He felt a rage-filled scream tear from his lungs and every item in the room shattered and sunk to the ground.