Rayne

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"As much as I want to refuse your suggestion, I think perhaps that would be prudent." Rayne wouldn't admit just how much those kisses had affected him. It bothered him that she could make him feel more with mere kisses than any other woman had ever made him feel with their entire bodies. But it was more than just lust; it was a feeling coupled with tenderness and an overwhelming surge of protectiveness.

"Where have you chosen for us to dine tonight?" Gabriella asked and held her breath until Rayne answered.

"Actually that's to be a surprise. He reached inside his dinner jacket pocket and pulled out a domino mask, which in fact was an elegant blindfold. "I'm afraid in order for this to be a complete surprise, I'll have to ask you to put this on."

A surge of nervous anticipation swept through Gabriella. "How do I know I can trust you to be a gentleman?"

"You don't, love. But I don't think you want me to be a complete gentleman, do you? I know you like adventure as much as do I Gabriella. You, like myself, have been without a good adventure for far too long. Push the edge, Gabbi, be the woman you were meant to be. The dress, daring and seductive, it is you, so become that enchantress, trust me." He held out the mask to her.

She knew it was up to her, if she refused he would take her to a respectable eating establishment and it would be a perfectly normal evening. Rayne was leaving it up to her, even though she had agreed to an evening of his choice. But, she knew he was right, it was time to fulfill her destiny and she was as sure as Maria now, that Rayne was her destiny. She slowly reached out and took the mask from him, leaned across the carriage and brushed a kiss filled with promise upon his sensual lips. She sat back and put on the mask.

The minute the mask was in place she felt all of her senses heighten. She knew without a doubt that he was leisurely letting his eyes rove over her body and she felt the heat of his gaze as it caressed her breasts as surely as if it had been his hand. Her nipples hardened and she knew he saw that too. By the time the carriage rolled to a stop she was nigh to screaming with the pent up anticipation. Rayne lifted her from the carriage and led her up a flight of stairs. She heard a door open and close, and there was the smell of flowers, like gardenias. She couldn't hear anything else and then Rayne whispered in her ear, "We have to go up a long staircase, would you prefer for me to carry you?"

"Won't the other people find it strange?" Gabriella was hoping to find out a little about where they were.

"Actually, no one here will think it strange in the least." He smiled at her attempt for information.

"Is it very long?"

"Yes, quite."

"Perhaps it would be best if you carried me then."

Once he had her permission, Rayne swept her into his arms and headed for his destination on the second floor. Once he had reached the room he sought, he reluctantly put Gabriella on her feet. She reached to remove the blindfold and his hands stilled her. "I have found that if one cannot see their other senses are heightened and the feeling they experience are multiplied. Thus, if one experiences pleasure it is bliss, and fear turns to excitement with the right incentive. Care to experience those sensations?" Rayne all but dared her to play his game.

"How will I eat if I am blindfolded?"

"Why, I will feed you of course."

"Of course" she said softly. "Very well, but, I can choose to end this game whenever I want, by simply removing the mask. And you will not do anything that I do not wish you to do?"

"You have only to say 'no'" Rayne assured her.

With that settled between the two of them Rayne led Gabriella to a chair and seated her in it. She was more than a little nervous and he noticed how her teeth worried her full lower lip. He realized that she did this whenever she was nervous, it was a most engaging habit.

She could hear the sound of Rayne as he moved about the room and wondered exactly what he was about. She strained to catch each sound and she heard the soft clink of glasses and the sound of a liquid being poured. Rayne returned to her and touched her face softly by running his finger down her jawline. "Would you like something to drink?" he asked quietly.

Gabriella ran her tongue over her lips and nodded. She smelled the wine as the glass neared her lips and Rayne tilted the glass to that the liquid entered her mouth. It was a sweet red wine, and the wine seemed to enter her blood and pulse throughout her body. Giving her strength and courage to play his game, on her terms. "You know there is sipping wine, and then" she paused for effect, "there is sipping wine. Would you like a drink?" she asked seductively.

Rayne smiled as he recognized her eagerness to play the game. "Yes" was all he said. She stood slowly and turned toward the direction his voice had come from and put out her hand until she felt the solidness of his chest and then she held her hand out in silent demand of the wineglass. Rayne placed the crystal wineglass in her hand and she brought it slowly, not to his lips but to hers. She drank deeply and then she pulled his mouth down to hers and slowly let the wine warned by her own mouth trickle from her mouth to his. Rayne had never experienced anything so erotic in his life. He took the wineglass from her and repaid her efforts in kind, turning the amorous experience into a deep kiss that left them both breathless. He turned her around until her back was against his chest. He began to caress her body. His hands encircled her tiny waist and spanned her ribcage in a sensual caress that made her feel faint. His hands slowly made their way upwards and Gabriella waited in breathless anticipation for his hands to capture her breasts. She craved the touch of his hands on her body and wondered just how it would feel to have his naked body pressed close to hers. Just as she thought he would caress her breast he stepped away from her and took her by the hand and let her to a chaise lounge where he had her recline.

"Open your mouth" he urged.

She was reluctant, as she knew not what he had in mind, but after a prodding kiss from Rayne she opened her mouth and felt something cool on her tongue. It was round and smooth, and as she closed her mouth she was delighted to find it was a sweet juicy grape. She chewed the grape slowly savoring the flavor and found to her enjoyment that Rayne was right, not being able to see did heighten the experience.

"I told you I would feed you, why did you not believe me?"

"I wasn't sure exactly what you had in mind. I could just see you dropping peas down my dress" she laughed.

"Well, if I drop anything down your dress, I promise I'll retrieve it!" Rayne offered.

"Now I have to worry that I've put ideas into your head!"

"Well, I must say the thought had already occurred to me. Here try this."

She felt something firm, slightly rough and sweet smelling enter her mouth.

"Bite" Rayne commanded and she did. It was a delectably juice strawberry. In fact some of the juice from the strawberry escaped the corner of her mouth, only to be licked away by Rayne. He gave her another bite of strawberry, which they shared as they kissed. She and Rayne shared grapes, strawberries, kiwi, pineapple, banana, melon and apples over the course of the next hour. She had never dreamed that eating fruit could be so sexually fulfilling. By the time they had finished the fruit and several glasses of wine she was so aroused she felt she would scream in frustration.

Rayne would press his advantage until she felt sure he would make love to her at any moment, only to back off, leaving her feeling very frustrated. Rayne was enjoying this meal very much. Even though it was taking all of his will power to hold his passions in check. One part of him wanted to rip their clothes off and make wild passionate love, the other part of him wanted to draw this out until both of them could stand it no longer. He knew from experience that the longer he could arouse her, the harder her climax would be. He knew this would be her first, and he wanted it to be unforgettable. He could see her passion waiting to be unleashed and he wondered how much longer he himself could wait.

He fed her choice bits of beef, pheasant, and Cornish hen using his fingers, which she sucked and licked with each bite until he was groaning with need himself. The meal was punctuated with kisses. Instead of something rich for dessert, Rayne choose to return to the strawberries dipped in champagne and then they drank the champagne, sharing it as they had the wine. He left her side for a few minutes and then she smelled the most unusual smell.

"Rayne?"

"Yes love?"

"What is that scent? I've never smelled anything quite like that before."

"Do you like it, sweeting?"

"Umm, it smells, I'm not sure, not just sweet, or flowery but I'm not sure…seductive?"

He laughed softly, "Then the outrageous expense and trouble it cost me was worth it. It's incense from the Holy Land. I'm glad you approve," he said as he pulled her to her feet. His mouth claimed hers and he drank deeply of the sweetness there within until her lips were bruised from his kisses. He unfastened her gown and it fell to the floor before she was aware of what his hands were about. His lips pressed moist kisses down her throat, which she gave him complete access to by leaning her head back as a soft moan escaped her throat. His hands and lips worked magic on her body raising her to a fevered pitch. His tongue swirled around her nipple before capturing it between his teeth to worry it. He suckled her breasts, alternating between the two of them causing heat, like molten lava to course through her veins, igniting her whole body. Her hands caught his head and held it to her breasts as he nibbled and suckled, and still he slid lower down her body. There was a breeze from somewhere that caressed her body causing her sensitive nipples to harden to hard rosy buds. His tongue found her navel and dipped inside. God her skin was like silk, golden bronze and she smelled and tasted like honey. Rayne couldn't get enough of her. He laid her gently back on the chaise lounge and she felt his weight as he lay across her and kissed her again, raining kisses all over her eyelids, nose, cheeks and lips.

She felt the barrier of his shirt between his chest and her and made a sound of protest. To which Rayne immediately rose and stripped off his clothes. He returned to her lying between her legs as he again lavished attention on her breasts. He kissed her lower and lower until he reached the juncture of her thighs and he toyed with the silky, raven curls that covered her womanhood. He parted that secret place and Gabriella sucked in her breath as he pressed kisses there. She started to protest when Rayne slipped his tongue deep inside of her and the feelings that evoked caused her to gasp in surprise. He continued to suck and probe her with his tongue as well as press kisses to that part of her that seemed to be her entire being now. Rayne knew she was close to her peak; she was so hot and wet. He was so hard it was almost painful. He slipped his finger inside her and began to move it slowly as Gabriella tossed her head and moaned. She began to move against his hand and Rayne felt the barrier that proved that she was as yet untouched. He wanted to break that barrier so that it wouldn't interfere in what he was about to do. He knew it would be less painful this way, leaving only pleasure once he entered her with his shaft. She reached her climax and cried out in ecstasy. As she lay panting on the chaise he realized she was ready for lovemaking, to know the full extent of what it felt like to have him buried in her warm, wet depths. But, damn, this sudden protectiveness he was feeling was sure putting a damper on his ardor. He felt himself start to soften as he thought of Maria's words. Damn the old crone! Rayne knew he would not be teaching Gabbi the finer art of love making this night. So instead he settled for holding her close and knowing he had at least given her a measure of pleasure. He would over come this damn protectiveness. It was all well and good to protect what was yours, but not from ones own self. Now where had that come from? She didn't belong to him, or did she? Was she his destiny, as the old crone seemed to think?

Gabbi removed the blindfold and looked questioningly up at Rayne. "Why did you stop?"

Rayne laughed raggedly, " Not by choice. It seems I have developed a conscience of late, thanks to your Maria. I could swear the woman has put a curse on me, if I believed in that sort of thing."

"Maria can do such things, it's true. But, she would never do so to you" Gabriella told him while running her hands over his chest. She was amazed that she felt no shyness or embarrassment lying here with her legs entwined with Raynes and his manhood resting against her thigh, her breasts pressed to his chest talking casually.

"What makes you think she wouldn't do such a thing to me?"

"Because she truly believes you are the 'one'" she said matter of factly.

"Gabriella, I don't scoff at visions, Javonnie has them occasionally, and most of them have been true. But what makes you so sure Maria had a vision, and if so, how could she have known me, she's only just met me."

"Maria has had many visions, they too have all come to pass, except for two. It had been four,

but then you came into my life just as in the vision, and fulfilled the fifth vision, leaving only the two."

"What are the other two visions?" he asked quietly.

Gabriella looked up at him and studied his face intently. She knew she had to tell him the truth, he had that right, as this was his destiny as well as hers. But, she knew in the telling of all that had come to pass and all that would come to pass, he could walk out of her life. Most men would, but then again Rayne Quinhurst was not most men. She took a deep breath and spoke softly, "This is a long story, that began long before I was ever born. Are you sure you want to know these things? For once the words are spoken, they cannot be recalled. Your life will be in danger, as has mine been since I was twelve years old. Also, once you are told, you may feel differently towards me, and wish never to see me again. Are you sure?"

"Gabriella, I can foresee nothing on earth causing me to wish never to see you again. As for my life being in danger, I have faced danger many times. Many are the men who would end my life, as I have made not a few enemies in my lifetime."

"Yes, I know" she said, "but it's not the same thing as having the evil one trying to kill you. He never gives up."

"I can take care of myself, and if I'm truly the 'one' I must know this story in order to be able to protect you as well."

"Yes, you're right. When my mother was a small child, Maria had a vision that she would meet a young man when she was twelve years old. This young man would be a noble man with a heart filled with love for my mother. They would fall in love and be married. They would have one child, a girl child. It came to pass, just as Maria's vision had foretold. It was while my mother carried me inside of her that Maria began to have megrims and each time her head would pound with pain and she would have to lie in a darkened room with cool, wet clothes pressed to her eyes a vision would come to her. Maria's second vision foretold of a man, an evil man that would shatter my mothers' happiness and covet that which my father possessed. The church and a person of high power himself protected him. The third one foretold of dark days in my beloved homeland of Spain, of faceless faces filled with fear, anguish and death. There were children with no parents, children slaughtered to fill the voracious appetite of the evil one. The fourth vision revealed that my family would be torn apart, that my mother and father would be swallowed by the evil one. That he would take me to a dark sinister place and he would torture me until I ceased to amuse him, then he would devour me too. The next vision was that I would leave my homeland and live in a foreign land that my father's estates and riches would be returned to me through the kindness of another. The sixth vision was that the dark 'one' would come into my life, that he would protect me, and fight against the evil one."

Gabriella sat looking at Rayne, knowing that this last vision could very well make him flee from her. But it was too late to turn back now. She took a deep breath and gazed up into his dark sensual eyes and said, "The seventh vision foretells of a great battle between good and evil."

Rayne, never for one second doubting the honesty of her words asked the single question, "Who is the evil one?"

Gabriella looked almost frightened to say his name, but finally said in little more than a whisper, "Torquemada."

At the mention of Torquemada's name Rayne sucked in his breath in a quick hiss. Everyone knew of the madman and his brutal rape of Spain and its people, all with the blessings of the church. It wasn't wise to tangle with the man, few lived to tell the tale. "How do you know Torquemada?"

A brittle laugh echoed from Gabriella's lips. "How do I know him??? He stole my birthright, destroyed my home, murdered my father and raped and murdered my mother. And for years has haunted my every step, determined to claim me as his prize." Tears glittered in her fathomless green eyes as she stared into nothingness. The raw pain, and red hot rage that was displayed there in those enormous green orbs gave Rayne more answers than the words every could have. A fierce protectiveness welled up inside him and he knew without conscious effort that his decision had been made. He would see Gabriella safe, he knew that he would never let her go…that he could not let her go. The realization left him shaken to his very core.

Chapter 6

Gabriella sat brushing her glistening blue black hair thinking about all that had transpired between herself and Rayne. The feelings that he had evoked in her, just thinking of them left her breathless, and caused her body to tremble. But, she was still confused as to why he had backed away and had not completed the act of lovemaking. He had desired her, of that she was sure, but at the same time, he had seemed most reluctant to finish what he had started. She had breathed a sigh of relief that he hadn't turned and walked away from her after she had told him everything of her life. She was well aware that most men in his situation, even the bravest of men, would have run..fast and far from her and her nemesis. She had known that Rayne was a man of a different caliber, however, she had not dared hope that he would be the one from Maria's visions. Gabriella gave herself a mental shake and scoffed at herself that she had dared to doubt Maria.

Upon her arrival back at home, she had found a pensive Maria sitting by the fire in her bedchamber awaiting her arrival. Staring moodily into the flames that danced brightly in the fireplace. Maria had looked up and merely stated the obvious "You told him."

"Yes" Gabriella answered her. Maria then smiled her age-old smile before laughing gleefully. Gabriella had asked, "What do you find so amusing Maria?"

"He wanted to make love to you more than he has ever wanted anything in his life, yet, he did not. Is this not true?"

"How did you know?"

"Do you think I am not wise enough to see that you are still as yet not fully awakened to womanhood? Oh, I know you have tasted passion, that you think you know what it would be like to taste Raynes full passionate nature. But trust me cara mia, you have only had the tiniest of tastes of this ones passion. However, the time will come, and it will not be long in the coming, before he will indeed claim you as his own."

1...345678