Rayne

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

At the smile that spread slowly, and sensually across the beautiful face of Gabriella, Maria continued, "Yet, as you smile and bask in that knowledge, know also that once he has claimed you as his own, he will never give you up, not even in death." That pronouncement caused a chill to race up Gabriella's shapely spine. She thought back over the entire night and knew without a doubt that Maria was only speaking the truth. She wondered not for the first time what would be the outcome of the meeting that was inevitable between Torquemada, Rayne and herself, and crossed herself as dread filled her soul.

Rayne sat in his study, his long legs stretched before him, brandy in hand lost deep in thought of the nights events. So lost in thought that Javonnie that Rupert had to clear his throat several times to attract his employers attention. "Yes Rupert, what is it?"

"Well sir, I was just wondering if you would be required anything else tonight, as the hour does grow late" Rupert stammered. Lord, how the Duke made him nervous! Rupert would much rather deal with the easy-going, jovial Javonnie, and so he waited with baited breath and actually flinched when Rayne dismissed him with a somewhat gruff, "No, please just leave me." Rupert scurried on nervous legs from the room, closing the door silently behind him.

Rayne sat remembering the pain and fear on the beautiful Gabriella's face the night of Javonnie and Veronica's wedding, and then the story that she had unfolded tonight and wondered how someone so young and innocent had survived such horrors and remained sane. He had heard the stories of Torquemada but had never had any dealings with the man. However, he knew without a doubt that their paths would cross in the not too distant future, that they were in fact on a collision course. Rayne had faced may adversaries and had been victorious in most instances, however, he knew this adversary would be his greatest challenge, and that both his life and Gabriella's depended on the outcome, as well as their happiness.

There was, however, nothing more he could do tonight, so he tossed back the remaining brandy and banked the fire in the fireplace and climbed the stairs to his bedchamber. Once there, he began unbuttoning his shirt and as he removed it, he caught a vaguely familiar scent. He brought the shirt to his nostrils and inhaled deeply, and a slow sensual smile spread across his handsome, roguish features as he recognized the scent as that of Gabriella. Once again he swore at the fact that he had not completed the seduction he had set in motion. Yet did he know that when she did come to him it would be for a lifetime.

1...345678