Return of a Princess Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I love you Cara."

"I love you too Aidan."

"I have too go though I need to have Ronald send someone out to tell my father I want to be married to you as soon as possible my love."

He kissed her head as he moved to leave looking back at her as he left the room a smile across his face. Cara lay there a bit longer starring at the door hoping Aidan would come back when he didn't she stood went through the bureau where she had seen the maids put her night cloths and found a shift which she pulled on and then put on a deep red robe tying it tightly around her waist. She walked gently to the double doors that lead out to her balcony and looked out over the land she was now princess of. She traced the dark road that lead into the woods realizing it had only been yesterday that she had only been a day or so since she had traveled that road. As she gazed at the dense forest just beyond she noticed a shimmering light from where the road exited the forest. Four white horses carrying what must have been extremely tall people made their way out of the forest. Behind them a large green and gold carriage pulled by two more of the white horses moved slowly along the path followed by another two horses and riders. Cara stood dazzled by the procession and the way light seemed to radiate from them. She had to know who they all were and with a soft whistle the gold mare she had ridden this morning cantered up to her balcony Shyam who must have gone hunting close at its heels. She climbed down a trellis next to the balcony and mounted the mare who seemed to shine with a light of her own. She eased the golden horse into a gallop and made her way to the procession. As she galloped the red robe she had worn flew away from her landing on the ground her long dark her flew back and her shift danced around her legs. Shyam at her side riding the gold mare she most have looked like a dream she surly felt like she was. Close to the group of people she noticed that each was tall and thin yet muscular none rode with saddles or bridals and each had long pointed ears. The carriage was open allowing any to look and see who it carried its soft simple details making it appear grander then any carriage she had seen before. The two people riding in it looked important but she had no clue who they were she knew they were elves they had the same features as Liliandra did but that's all they knew. The man looked powerful and for an elf he looked old gray hair peppering the long raven black hair that hung down his back. His face stern and worn and his deep blue eyes there was a wisdom that even Cara in her few years could see. He wore a simple green robe and held a large wood staff that held a swirling green orb at its top. The woman by his side looked astoundingly like Liliandra her long platinum hair fell in soft waves framing an angular face in which bright green eyes lay. In her lap she held a sword of pure silver in it lay a gold stone that seemed to contain unspoken power. She looked fragile yet beneath it Cara sensed a power that could match the strongest warrior in battle. Each wore pendants around their necks that looked identical to Cara's pendant which she touched tenderly as she saw theirs. The woman's pendant held a topaz at its center and the man's held a sapphire. As Cara approached the procession slowed to a stop and the man and woman that sat in the carriage stood and made their way to her. Shyam growled raising the hair on his back and baring the glistening teeth that lay in his mouth. The mare on which Cara sat began pawing the ground snorting as if warning the two approaching strangers that she would protect her rider.

"Calm yourselves we mean your lady no harm only to greet her and introduce ourselves to her."

The man raised his hand as if to pet the mares nose but she backed away leery of the strangers. Shyam stepped before her baring his teeth and growling louder ready to attack should the need arise.

"There is no need of that Shyam we are not her to hurt Cara only to see her."

"Who are you and why do you want to meet me?"

"We are the king and queen of the elves your grandparents dear Cara did Liliandra never tell you of us?"

"She didn't tell me who I was until a few days ago why would she tell me of you?"

"You do have a point my dear. Now come let us all go to the castle together you may ride with us if you'd like."

"Thank you but I will continue to ride my mare."

"Very well my dear why don't you ride ahead and inform our daughter Liliandra that we are here. I believe that she and the king are both in the king's study talking about plans for your wedding."

Cara rode off then hurrying to find Liliandra to tell her of the strange party headed towards the castle passing by a man she recognized as one of Aidan's guards riding towards the woods at a full gallop. He saluted her but continued on his mission which she assumed was to inform Aidan's father of their engagement. As she galloped toward the castle a light in the balcony next to hers caught her eye there stood Aidan his eyes locked on her as he watched her ride. She nearly fell from the horse from the intense gaze he was giving her but immediately righted herself on her horse's back. He moved away from the balcony and disappeared Cara assumed he'd be waiting for her when she got in side and urged the mare on faster. Shyam made it to the stairs that led to the castle doors first followed by Cara as she dismounted and raced inside to find Liliandra.

12