All Comments on 'Scent of Ginger Ch. 04'

by Case21

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
A great story ...

... which keeps on getting better with each new chapter! Please keep them coming - you are a terrific writer. Thank you for sharing your talents with us - 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I am eternally grateful that I was born in the latter half of the 20th century! Seriously, women have always been stuck with shitty treatment, no self governance or independence, virtually no rights and education, as well as being guilty of everything! Makes me wonder just how many women had to endure this kind of treatment in real life because being institutionalised for masturbation was actually a reality.

So far this poor girl has endured all kinds of kink as a punishment that should only ever happen in a consensual relationship.

Tess (uk)

Case21Case21almost 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks for all your comments, Tess! Yes, in real world kinky relationships it's very important to establish consent beforehand and to have a safeword so that either player can opt out at any time. Consent is crucial because many of us (me included) have fantasies about being taken by force, punished, or objectified that we want to play out in a fictional scene or a story like this one.

Why do people have these fantasies, you may ask? Well, I read a psychological study on BDSM many years ago (sorry I don't have the source now) where the author interviewed submissives about their lives and found that many of them are actually women and men in professional positions of authority who have a lot of agency and independence in their everyday lives. The author argued that professionals tend to have these fantasies because they bear a heavy burden of responsibility, with constant pressure to be in control and make all the choices, all the time. Fantasies of being forced to pleasure (and enjoying it) give us a safe imaginary escape from the burdens of responsibility and self-control. That may not be true for everyone, but it does fit my profile.

Personally, I use historical fiction, fantasy, and science fiction to explore extreme power dynamics because characters in these settings are removed from the social expectations of today. In historical fiction, people can do things that would be immoral or even criminal today, but were common then. (There's a reason "bodice-ripper" stories are so popular!) If you prefer stories about empowered female submissives in consensual BDSM relationships, then you might want to read my stories set in the modern day, like Alys in Soapland, Lucy's Walk, or the currently-ongoing series Escapades. The main character in The Fall of Eva Pryor also maintains her independence, even in an alternate-history steampunk version of the 19th century.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCase21@Case21
Welcome. I'm Case 21, and I'm too many things to put into a biography box on a website. Some of the things I am are: an asexual masochist, a film/lit teacher, a Canadian, a Body without Organs, and someone who wants very much to write fiction that touches people. Posting here ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES