Shalyn's Story

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Even though the water did not move, it was clean and pure. Because of this, it was considered to have magical properties and considered sacred. It was used to create potions to heal the seriously ill or wounded. It was also the only water that was allowed to be used when cleaning the Mother shrine. Only members of the Priesthood and the senior trainees were allowed to clean it, as only those who were disciplined were considered worthy to enter the grove.

It was also considered an honor to be allowed into the grove, because not all the young acolytes were considered worthy and not allowed to become part of the Senor group. If there were more than three acolytes that could join the ranks of the Senior Group, the priest and priestess council would choose who most worthy of the honor was.

Shalyn remembered when she was chosen, and how honored she felt. Her eyes blinked as a bird rustled through the trees; and she was pulled back into reality, finding herself looking down into the spring.

Located next to the spring was a large rock that had been smoothed by time. It was a great place for meditation when the cleaning duties were done. On the other side of the grove clearing stood the Mother shrine. It wasn't a big shrine. There was a statue of the Great Mother Goddess Baelonna, made out of a smooth gray stone. It was covered by a small house made of the same stone, and on the sides were carved the symbol of Baelonna, which was a Tree and a river. The entire thing was housed within a small building that was big enough for one person to sit in. Shalyn walked the familiar path up to the shrine, and kneeled in front of it, bowing her head to the ground. "You are the Mother Shrine of our Mother Baelonna. I am honored that I am worthy to step into your Sacred Grove and to clean you. I will now clean you to remove the impurities that have settled on you. " Although there was a standard prayer said by the shrine cleaner, it was always altered a little bit by each person.

Shalyn lifted her head and then stood up. She then grabbed water from the Sacred Spring and began cleaning the shrine. Even though it wasn't a big shrine, it did take a while to clean it, as great care must be taken. Shalyn didn't think much while she was cleaning, and just relaxed into the work while listening to the sounds of the forest.

Song Translation:

Beloved Brothers, Beloved Sisters, My brethren that fill my heart, Walk the path between the two worlds In the forest that will ever be, Our Mother's (Goddess) breath, is the sky, is the sun. The we walk between the two worlds, is a long path our souls must travel. Mother I am blessed to walk with you on your path. I will be and do what you desire of me. Walk into your light, hold onto your light, the healing light that we can radiate through the world. I will look into your light, and improve myself, I will Look into your light and improve my soul. Mother, thank you for letting me walk your path.

12