All Comments on 'Silver Kitsune Clan 02'

by maxd01

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
redlion75redlion75over 10 years ago

little alpha has made her opinion known hasnt she.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
nice

I love all your stories, please don't stop. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
ok but...

This is my first comment ever. PLEASE stop with the pups in the bed/shower/bathroom. The cold nose on the stomach was too much. I had to stop reading. I know its a bonding thing but it made my stomach turn. I've read previous comments about this issue as well. Otherwise your a good writer.

maxd01maxd01over 10 years agoAuthor
Seriously people...

I am going to say this one more time and then the rest can go to heck. We are talking lycans. Anyone that knows about dogs, or even cats, knows that they tend to make small piles of either kits or pups when they sleep and there isn't anything sexual to it. It is part of what makes them either dogs or cats. Yes I have kids curling up with adults but there isn't anything sexual to it. I have woken to a cold nose in the back or the belly with one of my dogs and it was a really rude awakening.

I will never have any sort of scene with anyone underage. All the mentions of children have been edited so that clothing or lack of will not be mentioned and this is due to reader feedback. I can understand how some might find it uncomfortable but again this is a story of lycans. If I was doing a story of just humans then it wouldn't even be mentioned and never happen. What drives the story is what it is based on. With humans nudity usually has a taboo connected so I wouldn't cross that. With lycan's there isn't any taboo connected so it is part of the story.

I am honestly sorry if this offends anyone but though I will change some things to please the readers I will not totally change everything. I will go by the basic rules of the story. Just as a side note I have seen some 'flashbacks' in other stories that make getting poked in the belly with a cold nose look so tame it isn't funny. Why am I getting bitched at when others are posting almost lurid rape scenes as a flashback? In any case I am going to keep going the way I am and if that offends you then I am sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great!

You're a great author. But I agree, the kids "thing" can come off as creepy. Keep writing dude. Now I will go kick rocks.

shyintxshyintxover 10 years ago

Ignore all the idiots, you know until I read the comments the scene with the pups didn't even stand out to me but then I guess I don't have a perverted mind. They seem to be reading your stories now just to find something to call you out on. I work with children and have children of my own and found nothing offensive in what you wrote. Like you said it is a story about lycans, which people should remember, ARE NOT REAL, therefore this would never really happen.

MyrtleBeachFanaticMyrtleBeachFanaticover 10 years ago
another great read

Looked forward to the next chapter and once again you didn't disappoint. As to the people complaining about the pups, ignore them. You mentioned the pups look to Mari as a surrogate parent and she is the one who seems to be doing all the work taking care of them. Making sure they are fed, bathed, read stories. Thus, it is natural that they seek comfort with each other.

friend40friend40over 10 years ago
Good story

Keep up the story line as you feel it should be, it is your story after all. I never gave a thought about what some are complaining about. Your character would have the scenes you describe based on her position. Enjoy your time in writing your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
great story.

if you can on page 3 very near the end is "vague pronouns"

the rest looked pretty good to me.

thank you for your story and continued writing. I am really enjoying this tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I tried really hard to get through this series. But there are by far too many contradictions in it. This is my take on all of it.

For one Dan comes off with gay and pedophile tendencies no matter how you read it. He is too touchy feely with his pack members. It's not only creepy and unsettling to read, but nerve wracking as well and not in a good way. I have to address this and I'm sorry if it offends.But as a survivor of both child molestation and rape, I wouldn't let my child near that man with a ten foot pole. It is not in any way acceptable for a grown man to be in a shower with a child of any age that is not his own same sex or not. Not to mention the constant scenes where they are in his bed. There are far to many tickling and hugging scenes with the pups, as well as the constant threat of spankings for the pups involved. All of those are precursors to sexual abuse. With the scenes like this in your story it makes it a very uncomfortable read. If someone was like that with my child they would have a serious problem on their hands once I got a hold of them. Alpha or not I would make his life a living hell.

Dan is weak in personality nor is he truly a dominant when looking at the entire picture. He comes off more as a woman emotionally and that is not dominate behavior in any form. Not to mention he is far to open in explaining his past and experiences to complete strangers the minute he meets them. It isn't in any way believable even with this being fiction. Men in general are no where near that close to sharing their feelings or tragic pasts until the feel comfortable or are drunk off their butts.

Also, in the 4 other packs that Dan defeated, Dan should have taken control of each pack as their alpha period. Those packs would have been absorbed into his, and not allowed to have weaker wolves left in charge especially with the characteristics that they possess. Those are very problematic in dealing with the types of personalities that they presented as. They were not only defiant but deviate and those types don't change. They learn to hide their behaviors and suppress the weak to keep them from informing on them so that nothing changes in their pack life except for when Dan is there. Those packs have been supressed for too long to break the chains of abuse easily and they would be trained to behave a different way when Dan is there so that only at an outward glance will his rules appear to be effective. Abuse only gets worse as time goes on unless the abusive force is entirely removed from the situation. Dan allowed that to continue even while giving them rules. Because even though he gave them rules to follow, he is not there to enforce those rules and twice weekly checks are not enough to ensure his will is in fact being enforced.

As for the story you not only use run on sentences but over explain things to the point that it is tedious to read. Why a character explains why they do something or behave a certain way more then once in a chapter, let alone twice in one paragraph only to be repeated in the next is beyond me. It is almost to the point that you think we as readers aren't intelligent enough to keep up with the story. Oh, and if Dan was really in that much distress over losing his previous pack he would be doing all he could to find a way to return to them, he wouldn't just accept his fate. The first thing would be to find out where he was found unconscious to see if there is some kind of machine that caused it or barrier that could be crossed. By not doing that, he is showing submissive behavior, not dominate.

The way you have dealt with the mate aspect is off as well. A female like Angie would not accept a weaker wolf as a mate. Female wolves take a mate that will be able to protect them and any pups they may have in the future, and they make it a challenge for their mate to prove this to them before they submit. They don't just roll over or jump their mates when they find them.

This is my opinion, and others may not agree and that is fine. But I felt the need to let you know why this story irked me. It has the potential to be very good, but it just isn't there for me in what I have read.

dlearyousdlearyousover 10 years ago
great story

I apriciate your stories. Even the bath and kit cuddling. Please continue.

NymphWriterNymphWriterover 10 years ago
Poor Giani!

I felt so bad for her as she doesn't understand yet why Mari is leaving. I hope you address this in the next chapter. Otherwise I love this story and I'm looking forward to seeing Mari healed and falling deeper in love with Geoff. She deserves some happiness and once Giani understands that he's not stealing her... he's healing her.

Ww_OwWw_Owover 10 years ago
Very well done

I have 2 wolfdogs and have been around wolfdogs and wolves for most of my life and yes the cold nose in the stomach (or armpit) is a rather common occurrence as a wake up call. My boy is 12 years old and I have had that wolfdog (hes about 10% husky and the rest is wolf from a stabilized line going back to the 70's) and he still does this. He seems to think its funny. As to the people who think Dan comes off effeminate dont sweat them. Plenty of guys hug and such,in fact its a common occurance in some countries and regions (like oh most of europe). Personally I know plenty of guys that have done renfaire for years that greet like such and many of these guys are built like linebackers,have girlfriends or wives and they all do actual sword combat or re-enactment combat with steel swords. People in this day and age forget that those are old traditions.

maxd01maxd01over 10 years agoAuthor
General comments.

The one part of this story that was very hard for me to write yet so integral was the very last part where Gianni realizes Mari is going to leave. Not only did I actually cry but I snickered my ass off. It was just such the perfect line and fits the little girl almost perfectly. I figure that while writing if I am starting to get teary eyed then I must be doing something correctly.

I think in the future I am going to put these little snippets in about my favorite scenes or lines. I think I got this urge from watching the Avengers and snickering over some of the lines. I can just see Joss Whedon rolling on the floor as he was working on it.

barmaid10barmaid10over 10 years ago
To anonymous

Of course you don't have the courage to use your name to tear down someone else's hard work. That's very cowardly. The male characters DO NOT display pedophile tendencies. Instead, they show a warmth and loving generosity of spirit that is a wonderful model for the kits/pups. This chapter is about healing the wounds of the past and breaking up some of the scar tissue. What a wonderful, heart-warming read! Shame on you for vilifiling it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Awesome

Please,continue this past chapter three. I just found it and I love it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous