Silver Moon: Bk. 02 Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When they finally did enter the clearing he immediately saw the stupid wolf and started towards him till the sound of a throat clearing caught his attention. When he looked there was another wolf sitting off to one side. He appeared to be whittling on a stick and looked completely unconcerned. He changed to his human form and sneered at Maric. "I have come for you traitor and your daughter as well. I will force you to watch as I take her again and pass her around as well. The last thing you will see is her screaming as we take her again and again before I kill you."

Dan could feel Maric starting to lose it and he applied a touch of power. "Relax Maric since you know that won't happen." He folded his knife up and put it away before tossing the stick to the side. "Afternoon trash and I want to thank you for coming into my territory so I can deal with you." Dan stood up and gave the other wolf a look that promised pain before he died.

The other laughed. "Two of you against five? This is going to be fun. Stupid wolf. You should have brought the rest of your pack." His wolves surrounded him as he was talking.

Dan snorted. "I don't need a pack and there aren't two of us, I did bring a few more." The wolves from his world were in their wolf forms which were massive. The rest were in human form with weapons. "Now that you are surrounded I am going to deal with you. First you are in my territory without informing me. That makes you rogue wolves. Second since you are in my territory I can deal with the crimes you are accused of. In this case I am not going to bother with the crimes since the sentence for being a rogue is the same as for your crimes. You will die."

~~~

Back at the camp Amarish was twiddling his thumbs. He understood why Dan didn't want him there but it felt wrong not to be there. It was a feeling he had that he was going to be needed and soon. With a sigh he stood and changed to his formal robes and made sure the two necklaces were showing. Dan was going to yell at him but he had to follow what felt right as a spirit Kitsune even if he was a little one.

Once he was ready he simply waited for the right time. It didn't take very long and before he realized it he was standing on Dan's shoulder. He whipped his sword out and flicked it at one of the bad men. When he flicked the blade at him a wave of power surged out and nailed the man in the chest. He flew back several feet before hitting a tree and something flew from his hand. "Not hurt my Clan Leader. Bad of you to try." He was surrounded by blue fox fire which everyone could see.

Dan hadn't even noticed what the man was doing before Amarish appeared and dealt with him. He raised an eyebrow at the boy but didn't tell him to go back. "Thank you Amarish for that. I greatly appreciate it." Most of the pack moved forward some to keep anything like that from happening again.

With malice aforethought Dan pulled his pistol out and shot the Alpha in the groin before placing a bullet between his eyes. He contemplated the others. He turned away. "Kill them and drag the bodies back to the border and leave them for the scavengers to take care of." He walked away before the killing started and he pulled Amarish off his shoulder and settled him in his arms so he couldn't see what was going to happen.

Maric headed back as well with Dan. "Thank you Dan. I would have torn him to shreds which would have been wrong." They would talk later after Maric had time to calm down. "Shall we pack up and get ready to go?"

Dan contemplated the question and smiled slightly. "Let's start a hot meal first and then we can start packing up. I don't know about you but a nice hot meal would be perfect before we leave." As he was talking he was stroking the boys ears. *Sorry you had to see that but thank you for protecting me. Your father should be proud of you.*

Amarish turned towards Dan and pressed his face against his chest. He knew he had done right but it was still upsetting since he knew he had killed the man. It hurt even though he was a bad man. He didn't respond to Dan's comment and settled for getting as much comfort as possible.

Once back at the camp Dan tucked him into the nest of blankets and covered him up. "Sleep little one while we take care of camp. If you need me for anything come find me." He leaned over and gave the boy a peck on the forehead before closing the door and went to help Maric.

~~~

They reached the manor fairly late that evening. Dan stepped out of the truck and looked at Maric. "Get the food put away and we can deal with the rest of it in the morning. I am taking Amarish to my suite and tuck him in with his mistress." He was cuddling the boy in his arms as he was sleeping. Dan knew it wasn't a good sleep and figured having Pam hold him would help.

When he walked into their rooms Amariah was sitting up and looking sad. "I's sorry brother. Come curl up with us." She was speaking slowly but clearly.

Dan settled him down between his sister and Pam. Once he was settled on the pillow he stroked Amariah's ears. *You should be proud of him. He protected me from a weapon specifically designed to kill lycans. I am sorry he had to experience that and tried to keep him from what had to be done.* With that he pulled his clothes off as he slowly walked to the bathroom and took a quick shower. Dan was feeling bad as well since he did hate killing even if he wouldn't hesitate when needed.

After crawling in Dan curled around the other three and sighed as he tried to go to sleep. It wasn't going to be a very good night for him and that was going to make him grumpy in the morning. As he was laying there Amariah curled up in his arms and patted his cheek which made him smile a bit.

*I's can feel you hate what you had to do. I's understand and will curl up and help you sleep.* She wrapped her arms around his neck and tucked her head under his chin. *You's hate killing which is good. You's will only kill when needed which is good. You's good person Clan Leader and I's proud I's get to serve you.* She sent him her pleasure at being there with him and Pam.

"Thanks little one but I just wish Amarish hadn't had to do what he did. Both of you are too young to need to experience or see that." His voice was tired and sad as he spoke.

She nuzzled his neck. *Amarish is future Clan Spirit. Is hard work but important. If needed Poppa will come and talk to him. It's be okay.* She gently urged him to sleep with her powers and followed him into sleep as well. She would keep the nightmares away from him for the night.

~~~

The next morning after breakfast Dan was in his office. The Katana he had been given to him by Helda was sitting on his desk with the blade out. After a brief look around his office he called in the seven Kitsunes. "I have a great deal to do in a short time. I have to get my pack ready to take south to the Red Kitsune Estates before the next full moon. I would like to have a formal fealty ceremony but simply do not at this time. I will schedule something when I get back since we do need to do something formal. For now swear fealty on my sword and then go back to your clan's as discussed. I will be leaving Saul and Felanzi here to take care of the estate and getting a start on the Clan House."

Since he was in charge he sat there while they stood and listened. Once he was done he could feel the discontent from several but they didn't say anything and settled for swearing fealty. Once that was done they were escorted out of his office before his senior officers came in. "Have a seat everyone and let's get started. We have a fair amount of work to get done in a short amount of time." He took a sip of his coffee as he looked at his senior officers. Pam was sitting next to him at the moment.

"Saul, you and your mate Felanzi, are going to remain here to oversee the construction. I am also going need you to organize all the pack finances so I have an idea of how much money we have. I would like a breakdown along the lines of what is needed to keep it running for six months, how much the construction will cost, and potential for future income. We will be getting a portion of each Clan's income each month. Find out what that is and combine it with what I am getting from my other packs." He tilted his chair back as he was thinking.

"Also contact Alysson to see if I am going to be getting a stipend from her clan as well. I am a clan lord and all that good stuff. Add any additional suggestions like possible investments as well. I want this pack and clan to be self sustaining within five years. That means potential investments, potential new businesses, and some wolves working in town. Things like that which is legitimate."

He turned to Arthur. "Contact your department and find out what is needed for me to take most of my pack south. Also as we discussed find out what I am going to need to do because of all my connections." Dan took another sip of coffee. "Since I am not up on state or country level politics do what you need and check with me each day to let me know what is going on."

Dan ran through a number of other issues that needed to be addressed before letting them go. Pam stood up and followed Felanzi out since she was going to shadow her for the time being. Amarish was curled up on her shoulder and was staying very close to her. Dan felt bad for that but so far Amaratsue hadn't contacted him about it. Amariah was staying close to Dan as well but for her it was to comfort him.

The following week ended up being busy but in a good way. The plans for the original expansion had been discussed and Dan had decided to go with them. After a great deal of thought he had decided that he wanted the pack house separate from the Clan Estates. This would first of all ease the housing situation for the pack and second it would keep the two groups separate. This had actually come from Arthur as a suggestion. If they incorporated the new Clan House in with the pack it would cause all sorts of tax issues.

By separating the two it would ease the tax issues and separate the income and support expenses. As far as Dan becoming a Clan Leader for the local Kitsunes wasn't a major problem since the Kitsunes all belonged to New Cascadia as citizens. Now the connections Dan had outside the country was going to be a headache. The state department was having all kinds of fights over who he would fall under for legal issues. That rather amused both him and his wolf. It seemed like half the departments under SecState didn't want anything to do with him. The others were almost waging open warfare in the halls to ensure he fell under their supervision.

~~~

The following Monday during their scheduled meeting Saul informed him that all the Finance officers had arrived. They were starting to get the finances organized but it would be about a week to get a rough idea of just how much they were going to have to work with. He also informed Dan that he was getting a rather nice stipend from Alysson's clan and she had indicated he could use their planes. "She did suggest you might consider getting even a small one to shuttle you around." Saul grinned at that.

Dan grumped at him. "It is not my fault I have ended up with a retinue for everywhere I go." He had discovered that several Kitsunes had been assigned to him as guards. This was mandatory since he was now the Clan Leader. Added to that was several wolves as guards, the two little Kitsunes, and whoever else might be needed. On average that meant he ended up with four guards if he went to town. If Pam went that added more guards and staff.

"Well at least this has given me reason to get the additional vehicles we needed. I am so going to purchase a motor bike when I get back." They had added several more sedans, pickups, and cargo trucks. That was another section of the territory around the house that was going to need to be converted.

He shook his head. "I am beginning to think we might need to start a small township and invite some small businesses to come in."

Arthur hadn't considered that but it was a damn good idea. "Let me think about that and look up the rules and regulations. That might just be a good idea since it would allow us to get some financing from the government for roads and public services." He made a note and smiled when Dan sighed.

Pam reached over and patted Dan's arm. "I know love but we will take care of you. I have a shawl for you as well as a rocking chair. Some nice warm oatmeal with diced up meat for your wolf and you will be fine. You can rock to your heart's content in the sun." She sounded very sympathetic when she said that.

Dan snorted and growled at her. "Gruel my ass, nice large rare steak, several large potatoes, and a mug of beer."

That got some laughs as the others filed out of his office. Just to tease him Amariah hopped down onto the desk and with a little poof a small bowl of gruel appeared in her hands and she offered Dan a spoonful.

He glowered at her for a moment. "Go to class silly or I might use you as a chew toy." She giggled as she vanished though the bowl remained on his desk. Dan sighed and looked at Pam. "Some days I hate Amaratsue for foisting those two stinkers on us."

~~~

They had settled on flying out the following Friday. It was several days before the next full moon and Dan would be damned before he took the pack the day of or day before a full moon. That was just begging for fights and trouble. That was especially true when you considered packing them onto a plane for a number of hours. Dan was not going to pay for any repairs he didn't need to.

The trip to the airport was interesting and Tony had come over with a few of his wolves so they could bring the vehicles back. They would also be remaining with Saul and Felanzi as caretakers and watchmen. Dan was seriously going to need to do something for Tony when they came back. He had been so helpful as Dan was recovering and acting as his second.

The trip to the airport seemed to take forever but since they were going in the private entrance Dan didn't have to worry about being late. The planes would take off when they arrived and had loaded on. They had been assured that there was to be sufficient vehicles to transport them to the Clan Estates.

Once they were off the transports Dan looked around and smiled. "Okay, those assigned to load the luggage get started. As I mentioned ensure the crates and bags with the weapons are last on. I don't expect trouble but I will be damned if I am going to take chances. As you know the reports from down there indicates that it tends to be in a messy political state of flux. Take your lead from me as far protecting the pack. When we move the pups and pregnant females will be in the center followed by un-mated or non-pregnant females. The males will encircle them and since I have my own set of body guards I want all the wolves protecting the pack."

The last bit got a bit of a grumble but they understood. Each of the Clan's that Dan took charge of had sent a pair of guards. In the short time they had been with Dan they had shown their skills. It still chaffed them that it was only Kitsunes but they did understand in this case. Maric and one or two others started calling orders and as Dan climbed onto the plane along with most of his guards.

It didn't take very long for everyone and everything to be packed up. It was a large amount of cargo for just about sixty people not to mention the various crates with equipment in them. "Man I miss the days I could just hop a plane and go. This is crazy." He grumbled at Pam.

That got several feelings of amusement from his guards which he growled at. Pam simply smiled at him and leaned against him. The two little Kitsunes were having fun popping back and forth between Dan and Pam and the pups. Once the plane started moving they would settle down since he had told them in no uncertain terms they would. Well that and once in the air they could just walk back and forth, no poofing since he really didn't want to discover they had poofed outside the plane.

Once everyone was settled the door was closed and Dan settled back in his chair and tucked Amariah under his chin. They had been spending a good deal of time in their mid-form since Helda had started making cloths for them. He wasn't sure why but they seemed to find that totally fascinating to wear. "I am going to relax and nap for a while. Wake me when we get close or if you want to talk."

Pam squeezed his hand and leaned against his arm and shoulder. "I think I am going to catch a quick nap as well. It has been rather active for me as well the last few weeks. I keep trying to figure out how you do it and then I fall asleep." She knew how but she had to tease him a bit. Amarish was curled up on her lap also and was staring out the window in fascination.

~~~

Anyone asleep was awakened by the pilot's announcement that they were getting ready to land. They were also informed that this airport didn't have a private terminal but there was a small section they could use. It was a terminal that wasn't currently in use so they didn't have to worry about trying to keep everyone together.

As Dan woke he looked out the window and his first thought was that it reminded him of the Mayan or Incan ruins though modern. The roads were not straight, the houses seemed to be made of adobe and most of them had cloths hanging out to dry. The clothes tended to be reddish brown and shades in between. The lower the plane approached the city the more details could be made out. There were vehicles but not a great deal and they looked even older than the ones the pack owned. The majority of the people were walking or riding some sort of bikes.

As he was contemplating what he saw of the city the plane was banking for the final landing and he sighed. Frankly it felt like he was landing in a third world country which bothered him. The rest of this side of New Nordla was far more advanced than it appeared this place was and he had to wonder why. He finally shrugged since it wasn't any of his responsibility. At the moment all he wanted to do was get to the Clan Estates and get settled in.

One thing he did discover was neither little Kitsune liked landing. The bump of the wheels touching down startled them badly and they turned into poof balls of fur and clung on till the plane had finally landed. Dan reached down and petted Amariah and tickled her ears to distract her. "Silly Kitsune being scared of a landing."

She lunged at him and smacked him with one of her tails for good measure. For spite she hopped over to Pam's lap and stuck her tongue at him before cuddling up to her brother. He yipped at Dan as well for teasing them and pouted.

Pam simply stroked them and didn't say anything. Dan could tell she was trying not to laugh at the three of them. "Next time you will know what is going to happen and you will be fine both of you." She simply petted them till the plane pulled up to the off ramp and stood. "Go back to Dan Amariah and if he laughs again I will deal with him for you."

"Sorry little one, I was just teasing you. Come here and let me give you a good hug." He took her off Pam's shoulder and headed towards the exit. Several of his guards stepped forward first and checked out the area. To be honest Dan was rather curious as to what all they could do. The two weeks hadn't been enough to get more than a general idea.

Once they checked and waved Dan and Pam down he walked out into the blazing sunlight. "I should have brought some shades darn it. This light is going to kill me. I am a mountain type, not a bake in the shade till done type of wolf."

Pam grinned at his grumble and patted his shoulder. "It should be dimmer inside and hopefully cooler." She had on relatively light clothing but had instantly started sweating when the door opened. They continued forward till there was enough room for the rest to come down. He nodded as they made the circle around the women and children. Granted they were tough but nothing like the males.