Somebody That I Used to Know Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kanani swallowed every drop, a little dribbled out the side of her mouth but she didn't move. Once Adam had stopped shooting into her mouth she licked him clean and looked up, smiling at him. Adam wiped the running cum from the corner of her mouth, leaned down and kissed her, tasting the remnants of himself on her,

"I love you." He said, almost in a whisper.

"I love you too."

Kay kept the dirty smile as she lifted her long skirt, showing Adam she had no panties on, Adam didn't know when she took them off, probably when she got changed, but he didn't care, the image of her bare pussy took over him and he dove in, kissing her thighs and drinking in the scent of her.

Going down on his lover, his head under her skirt, Adam was reminded of when he did this to Alexandra three years ago. God was it really not that long, it felt like a lifetime. Was it really only three years since he believed Lexi was the one he would marry, since he last loved her.

No, he always loved her, she was family, but he wasn't in love with her, not anymore. So why was he thinking about her?

Kay could sense something in her husband's actions. "You okay hun?"

"Huh what?" The spectacle of watching Adam pull his head out from under her skirt issued a giggle from Kanani.

"I said are you alright? You seem distracted is all."

"No, I fine, just thinking about some stuff."

"Alexandra?"

Adam looked up at Kay surprised, was she a mind-reader. He nodded. "Yeah, I was."

Kay sat up and cradled her husband's head. "Adam, your cousin went through a lot, she told me on the beach, and you went through a lot with her, it's only natural that you'd still feel a connection to her beyond the obvious cousin one. I like her, I want her to be part of our lives."

"So, you're not jealous?"

"A little but that's the past, we're together now."

Adam gave a non-committal grunt, he loved Kanani but the ghost of his relationship with Lexi was still with him and would stay with him for the rest of his life, it pained him but no matter how much of his heart he gave to Kay he could never give her all because there would always be that one bit that belonged to Lexi.

"She still loves you y'know."

For the second time in minutes, Adam looked up surprised. "What?"

"Alexandra, she still loves you."
"No, she hates me, she told me so."

"She told you three years ago, why would she come to your wedding if she hated you? Talk to her tomorrow before she leaves, she's grown up, she's had time to think."

"Ok, I'll do that." Adam's voice had gone quiet, the news that his cousin still loved him had made him weak. Whether it was from fear or excitement he couldn't tell. "Sorry for ruining this night."

"It's fine my love, we're together forever, I should get use to the odd disappointing night."

Kanani kissed Adam's head, she might have been joking but Adam had an entirely different thought pattern, the doubts in his mind had just intensified with that talk. Talking to Lexi tomorrow would just make them worse.

**

The next morning Adam and Kanani woke in each others arms, Adam woke first, still not able to get his body clock use to Hawaiian time despite having lived there for nearly two years. He saw Kanani stir awake and kissed her neck.

"Mm, good morning husband."

"Good morning wife. God it feels so weird to say that."

"I know what you mean, but doesn't it just feel right."

"It does, it really does. Come on, let's get up and join the others."

Kanani reluctantly sat up while Adam went through to the living room, he didn't realise he was buck naked as he walked past the window and he didn't care when he noticed, he was quite happy to have his dick swing between his legs. Adam found a note on the table, it had been written by Ray and left sometime in the morning.

'Me, Alexandra and Adam's parents are heading down to the beach, we're grabbing a boat ride at 12 so if you want to join us come on down, we'll be at the bar.'

Adam turned and saw the clock read 10am, turning round and seeing his bare naked wife head towards the shower gave him naughty ideas. He followed her in, deciding it was time he made up for last night.

It was just after 11:30 when Adam and Kay found the others, they were all seated at a table next to water, each with a drink in hand, all laughing away. As Adam got closer to them he saw that Ray was sitting next to Lexi, both very comfortable around each other, he was surprised at how quickly they had managed to become friends but he figured it must be natural given their shared genetics.

Ray was the first to spot the couple. "Adam, Kay. Over here."

Kay sat down next to Claire while Adam sat at the head of the table, Kay on one side, Ray on the other.

"So we miss anything?" Adam asked no-one in particular.

"Just swapping stories about you, your parents were telling me how you got that scar, two years and didn't even tell me. I told them about the boating trip, the one we went on with Kale. I swear he went on healthy then after three days he cut his weight in half."

The group was laughing, even Adam raised a smile even though it was at his expense. The group had a couple more drinks before 12 rolled around, when the time came around Ray and Kieran went off to grab the boat, Kanani and Claire went to the little girl's room leaving Adam and Lexi on their own.

"Not joining the girls, I though you women all went to the bathroom at the same time."
Lexi stood up and walked slowly round the table to the edge of the pier, lighting a cigarette as she did. "They do, I don't see the point, it would just be awkward if I was there."

Lexi sat on the edge on the pier, her bare feet just grazing the water. "Besides, I don't think your mother's ever really gotten over the fact that we fucked."

Adam sat down beside his cousin. "I know what you mean, my dad flat out told me he was disappointed about us."

"Ha, who would've thought a little harmless incest could fuck up our lives so much."

Adam found himself laughing with Alexandra. Almost by instinct, he put his arm around her and kissed the top of her head.

"I don't regret anything I did with you." He whispered in her ear.

"Me either."

Adam and Lexi looked at each other and for the briefest of seconds Adam believed what Kanani told him last night, that Alexandra still loved him. In her eyes Adam swore he saw hope, hope that this wasn't just cousinly affection, it was something more. Adam was sure it was hope, Lexi's eyes never held any hope which made this feeling all the more obvious, but maybe it was just his own reflection, maybe it was his own hope.

All these thoughts rushed through his head in barely a second before he turned away.

Lexi smiled, then she turned back to look at the ocean.

"Do you still have nightmares?" Adam asked her. Lexi looked up at him confused. "About Craig." he explained.

"Oh right, no, not for a while now. When I was with you they bugged me for a bit but when I lost the baby they were gone, replaced."

"With what?"

"Nightmares about the baby, people blaming me for it's death. I can't believe you remembered that, I must've told you that damn near ten years ago."

"I had a sorta nightmare last night, reminded me of you."

"I'm honoured."

Adam smirked. "I'm suppose to look out for you."

"Careful, last time you said that we ended up fucking. And unless you're a sadistic cunt I recommend dropping the subject."

Adam smiled and Lexi's unashamed blue humour just a gust of wind blew through the palm trees.

Alexandra looked up at the tree as she spoke. "You've struck good here Adam, nice little place. So when you running away?"

"I'm not Lexi, I'm here to stay."

She turned to her cousin. "Please. I know you Adam, I know you better than you know yourself. Sooner or later you're going to pack up and run away because that's what you do, that's who you are."

"Not this time."

Lexi gave a smirk, telling Adam she didn't believe him, then she threw her cigarette in the sea, stood up and walked to the boat. Adam watched her leave, Kay was wrong, Lexi didn't love him, they had just matured and their friendship improved. He would take a friend over hate any day, but would he take a lover over a friend? He didn't know.

*

The boat trip went better than Adam expected, his parents had accepted Kanani into their family easily, even Alexandra was getting along with her. Ray wasn't given the exact same courtesy - since he had just came into their lives so suddenly - but he wasn't ignored and once Kieran found that he and Ray shared an interest in Glasgow Rangers they hit it off immediately.

Being on the boat Adam could see the extent of the damage Alexandra's heroin addiction had given her. She was wearing a bikini top and a sarong dress, both a light blue, and it almost shocked Adam how skinny she looked. Lexi wasn't horrible skinny but Adam could still remember how she looked only 10 years ago and the change was incredible. He remembered the day he opened his door to a 19 year old Lexi and seeing her for the first time after so many years, her smooth curves, her long, flowing dirty blonde hair, her golden skin. All of that was gone now, her skin was white, slightly pasty but nothing a good, long shower couldn't help, her hair was much shorter now, reaching just to her ears and her curves had all but disappeared, Adam could see she wasn't all skin and bones but it was still a jarring change. It was like Lexi was two different people, if it wasn't for her eyes Adam might not have recognized her and even they looked different slightly. Adam would never say it to her face but Alexandra looked a lot older than her 29 years.

While looking at his cousin Adam spotted a new tattoo on her shoulder, he knew about the Welsh dragon on her hip but he'd never seen this one before. It was a bright red rose, the petals blooming on her shoulder then a stem running half-way down her arm with sharp thorns all over. It was very well made and had an air of danger and beauty, sorta like Lexi herself.

"You checking out the new art?"

Lexi took Adam out of his trance. "Sorry, yeah. When'd you get that?"

"I got in in rehab, there was a tattoo artist there who gave me it. I figured it was a good warning, you know 'Every Rose Has It's Thorns' and that shit. With everything I went through I need to remember that."

"It's looks good, I like it."

Alexandra gave a smile, it was small but it was enough.

Kanani jumped into the conversation. "You planning to get anymore?"

"Not planning to, I might get another couple. Nothing as big as the Rose obviously but I'm not ruling out anything just yet."

"I almost got a tattoo once." Ray joined in as well. "I was going to get this big sort of demon dragon thing, all over my back. Would've been expensive as hell but I was sure it was worth it."

"What stopped you?" Lexi was the one who asked, wanting to know more about her father's life.

"I got divorced. That set me back a pretty penny. Once it was all over I looked back and realised I made a good decision in not being that silly. Not that you're silly baby you're tats are nice."

"I'm so glad you said my TATS."

The off-brand humour raised a laugh from everyone, even Claire. After driving for a few minutes Ray stopped the boat, they were in the middle of the ocean but could still see the mainland in the distance.

Ray cleared his throat and gave his best 'I-Know-What-I'm-Talking-About' voice. "Alright ladies and gentlemen, we are now about to embark on a journey under the sea, I am Raymond Henderson and I do NOT have a licence to teach this stuff but I'm close enough. Ok before we start we are short two oxygen tanks so two of us are going to have to stay behind."

"I'll stay behind." Said Claire. "I get claustrophobic at times and the mask won't help."

"I'll stay with mum." Offered Adam.

"You sure hun?"

"Yeah Kay. I haven't had a good chat with mum in a long time, it'll be nice to catch-up."

Ray smiled at how easy that had went. "Alright with that sorted let's get suited up."

It took only a few minutes to get Kieran, Alexandra and Kanani ready for diving, since Kay had done it before she helped out before readying herself. When everyone had got suited and booted they went into the sea, Kieran and Lexi were a little hesitant but they had come this far and weren't backing out now.

Soon all four of them were in the ocean leaving Adam with his mother. "So what did you want to talk to me about?" She asked him, reading her only son like a book.

"It's nothing just, I never really asked you how you felt. You know, about me and Lexi."

"The fact that my son and my niece slept together?"

Adam nodded, for the first time he was feeling slightly ashamed about his affair with his cousin.

"Well I didn't like it, I thought I raised you better than that. I blamed Alexandra for a while, believing my sister and her pig of a husband had made her into a sexual freak. When I found out it was you that came onto her I blamed myself, thinking I was a bad mother, that you did what you did because of something I'd done. It wasn't until much later, later than I'd like, that I saw it, you fell in love with Alexandra the moment you saw here and there was nothing I or anyone else could've done to stop you."

"So... are you mad at me?"

Claire put her arm around her son as she had done many times before but not for several years now. "No Adam, I'm not mad at you, I'm not even ashamed of you, or Alexandra. I love you both and what's happened had happened. You've both moved on and we managed to survive without this ripping our family apart. You have moved on haven't you son?"

Adam tried to look his mother in the eye but he couldn't. He could lie to anyone, his best friend, his cousin, his father, his wife, even himself. But he had never been able to lie to his mother, whenever he couldn't look her in the eye she knew he was lying.

"Jesus Adam, you're married for God sake."

"I know mum it's just, dad talked to me yesterday, then Kay brought up some memories last night and then I talked to Lexi a couple hours ago and everything's making me think that Lexi is a bigger part of my life than I realise. I love her but I don't know how much I love her."

Claire's voice changed slightly, it was a subtle change but not lost on Adam. "Adam Brandon McAllister. You listen to me right now. You love Alexandra because she is your cousin and even though you've both been closer than cousins should be, you will always love her as a cousin. Do not confused that love with the love you have for your wife. Don't confuse yourself and mess up your life again. Please son."

Adam hugged his mother, holding back tears as he did. "I won't mum, I'm sorry."
"It's ok Adam, god you're a man grown and yet I still see you as my baby." A small tear rolled down Claire's cheek.

The mother and son let each other go, glad they got all that out of the way. "Oh mum before I forget, talk to Lexi if you can, she thinks you hate her or something."

"Hate her? I don't hate her, why would she think that?"

"Lexi's weird mum, just talk to her when we get to shore."

"Sure thing. Thanks."

The divers were gone for about an hour but it felt a lot less, Adam and Claire talked through the full hour, reconnecting after so many years apart, not just the years Adam was in Hawaii but Vegas and California as well. Back at shore Claire kept her promise and talked to Lexi, the conversation brought them both to tears but it strengthened their relationship.

Afterwards the six of them ordered a take-away for a late lunch, huddled around a table in the living room Adam noticed the strong bond between the six of them and where it was strongest. Kieran and Claire sat side-by-side, laughing together as they played with some chicken pieces, their love as strong as it was when they met over 40 years ago. Adam sat with Kanani's hand in his the whole time, their love was new but just as strong as his parents, she had saved him and for that he would love her forever. And then there was Ray and Alexandra, strangers until mere hours ago they had connected so strongly is such a short amount of time, whether Ray was her real father or not didn't matter, to them they were father and daughter and just happy to meet each other.

That evening Kieran, Claire and Alexandra took the flight home back to Britain, as Adam watched his family leave he and Alexandra caught eyes and smiled to each other. Whatever else happened he was glad that he and Alex were finally friends again.

A few months past and Adam settled into married life with more ease than he expected. He and Kanani kept their routine of both working then whoever was home first cooked dinner and it worked, neither of them felt burdened to do all the work and there was very few arguments, certainly no big ones.

Of course the frequent amount of sex didn't hurt.

When you're married to someone suddenly everything becomes clearer and the sex changes, it becomes more about being together than just getting off. Oh they still got each other hot and heavy but more often than not they ended up just holding each other as they fell asleep.

It wasn't until about May/June that Adam felt like there wasn't something missing, he couldn't put his finger on what it was but there was something in his life that didn't feel right. At first he thought it was kids, he hadn't talked to Kay about children but Adam always wanted to be a father, he remembered how he felt when he found out about Lexi's pregnancy, it wasn't his but the hope was still there.

But that wasn't it, the thought of children just didn't add up to what Adam was feeling. The answer came as a surprise to Adam, it was Sunday, his day off from work, that was until he was called in to cover a co-worker. That's when Adam realised that he hated his job, it had done him well these past two years but it wasn't suppose to turn into a career. His whole teenage life Adam had trained to be a lawyer until he ran away to California and never picked it up again.

That night, coming home from work he talked to Kay about taking a night course.

"I think you should do it."

"Really, you won't see a lot of me, I'll be working less hours so I won't earn as much."

"Adam, I love you. And if this is what you want to do then I support you. Besides once you're a big lawyer man you'll be making plenty."

Adam smiled and kissed his wife, once again feeling lucky he met her. They made love that night, it was one of the most tender, emotional moments of their marriage. Over the next few months Adam worked out a deal with Ray to keep his job but also go to night school, Kanani put in a couple more hours at the hospital, even Kale helped Adam, calling in a favour with one of the professors to make sure Adam got a good spot on the course.

The whole arrangement was perfect for Adam, he was finally back on track to his dream profession, he had a loving wife and was living in paradise. But, as Adam had come to realise, paradise doesn't last.

In the middle of November Adam got a phone call that changed everything.

"Hello?"

"Adam? It's Lexi." Adam could tell she had been crying and was struggling to stop long enough to talk on the phone.

"Lexi? What is it? What's wrong?"

"It's, it's your dad. Adam he was driving home and, and, and... he got in a car accident. Adam he didn't make it."

Adam fell back, thankfully there was a chair behind him. He couldn't believe it, his father, dead.

"Where's mum, is she ok?"

"She's fine, I think. God Adam."

"Ok Lexi, let me, let me call you in the morning. I need to process this."

"Sure, bye."

"Bye."

Adam hung up and dropped the phone, the noise brought Kanani through.

"Adam? What's wrong?"

Adam turned to his wife, he looked on the verge of crying.