Sorority Pledge Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sherlyn, feeling more confident and a bit aroused from standing around the guys while naked asked the chief of police, "Why didn't I see your car?"

He smiled, "Oh, it's parked down at the station. I walked up here to buy some beer for tonight. There's a game on. What's a game without some beer?"

The clerk asked if he could take some pictures too. He got shots of Sherlyn with the policeman, and then he had a couple taken with him standing with the girl. Another bystander asked if he could get his picture taken with Sherlyn also. At least in Adams, Sherlyn was a celebrity for a day.

By the time she got in the car to leave, she had spent 15 minutes at the station.

Just before she got in the car, the chief said, "Listen, you're better off taking the back roads to your next stop. The state troopers are out in force today out on the freeway. I don't think they would welcome you quite like we have. You probably want to head east on highway 2" He continued by asking, "What's your next stop, sweetie?"

Sherlyn, who was starting to actually feel comfortable standing around naked said, "A town called Athol. I have to go buy some milk at a grocery store in the middle of town."

The cop grinned, "Well, now, I'd like to see that. My advice. Get your pretty, naked butt in the store quickly and get out the same way. Then drive out of town on a back road so you don't end up getting chased down by the local cops. I have no idea if Athol is anywhere as accommodating as we are, I highly doubt it."

Then the cop, looking over at the side walk, spied a woman walking by, "Hey Melissa, lookee here, we have another girl from the college!" The man turned to Sherlyn, "Melissa is our mayor."

Melissa made a beeline for the chief and Sherlyn, she asked, "Milton, could you take a picture of me and the girl? This is the first time I've got to actually see one of the girls who show up, I need to show Jason the picture so he doesn't think I'm making it up."

Melissa turned to Sherlyn and offered her hand, "Hi, I'm Melissa, I'm the mayor."

Addressing the chief, Melissa suggested, "Maybe Albert Hayes can put this on the front page of the Adams Weekly." The mayor turned back to Sherlyn, "Of course we will put little black circles over your naked parts; it's a family newspaper, showing everything would be just a bit over the top."

Without asking, the middle age woman handed the officer her phone and snugged in beside Sherlyn. Sherlyn smiled as the police chief took several shots of her with the mayor. Then Sherlyn quickly said her goodbyes, climbed into the car and drove off.

After another hour and a half on the road, Sherlyn was in the City of Athol. Once there, she hunted down the Orange Super Market in the middle of the small city. She pulled the car in the closet parking spot she could find.

This was going to be the toughest yet, she was going to have to walk into the busy super market, butt naked, and then she would go to back of the store and grab a carton of milk. From there she would make her way to the front of the store and go through the checkout line and pay for the milk. Then she would get a picture with the cashier and be on her way. At least she hoped that's how it would happen.

Sherlyn was starting to get really aroused from her various stops, it was really a good thing she had a towel on the seat of the car. Her exposure in the supermarket was going to be the most daring by far. If she got away with this one, she would be home free, or at least she would be free to go home.

Looking for a moment and when there wasn't anyone going in or out of the store. Sherlyn quickly climbed out of the car with cash in hand as darted towards the entrance. As she scurried in through the automatic entrance door, there was a couple was coming up to the exit. A woman about 35 to 40 years old covered her mouth and said, "Oh my gawd!" Her husband looked up and laughed. The man asked Sherlyn, "Aren't you dressed a little light for the cool weather we've been having?" Being the beginning of November, it really was quite chilly.

Sherlyn blushed and said, "Sorry." She practically ran into the store in her bare feet. She missed reading a sign as she passed--a sign that said, "No shirt, no shoes, no service."

People stopped to stare at Sherlyn at every turn. She rapidly headed down an aisle to the back of the store. With her bad luck, Sherlyn found out she had to walk to the other end of the store to find the milk along the back wall. Once at the cooler, she just grabbed a carton not caring what kind she was buying.

She began to rush back to the front, and then she stopped dead in her tracks. She laughed at the irony of it all; at one time she would have thought she would have been the last person on earth to run through a grocery store naked.

She shrugged her shoulders; she figured since half the people in the store had already seen the crazy naked girl, she was going to get something for dinner before leaving. She reached out and grabbed a one liter of bottle of Pepsi. In another isle, she found a bag of chips, and then she headed for the deli.

The girl working at the deli counter looked up, and she started to giggle as soon as she saw Sherlyn. It wasn't every day you saw a totally naked chick in the store. The chuckling girl asked, "Can I help you?"

Sherlyn smiled like nothing was amiss, "Yes please, I'll take a chicken breast and a small tub of potato salad." The counter girl went about filling her order.

There was a small group of people just standing around watching Sherlyn; it was getting larger by the moment. After a minute, the counter girl printed price tags for the chicken and the salad and handed them over to Sherlyn. She asked Sherlyn, "Can I get you anything else. Do you need a fork?"

Sherlyn smiled and said, "The fork, yes. No on needing anything else, this will be fine. Thank you." Then Sherlyn added, "Have a nice day."

The girl at the deli smiled and said, "I would say the same to you, but it looks like you're already enjoying yourself. I wished I had to courage to do something like you're doing."

Sherlyn said, "Heck, it's easy, go to Harvard, and while you're there, try to join the sorority Sigma Epsilon Chi. You'll have all sorts of fun like this." Then she added seriously, "If you ever do go to Harvard, stay at least a mile away from the stupid sorority. You really don't want to have to go through what I have to join the stupid thing."

With that, Sherlyn took her milk, Pepsi, chips, chicken and potato salad to the check stands, walking nonchalantly the whole way. If she was going to be busted, so be it. She was tired of cowering.

With two people in front of her, the man behind Sherlyn in line asked, "Okay, so like is this some sort of college prank, a dare?"

Sherlyn turned and smiled at the man, "Yeah, I'm afraid so. Hopefully it's the last one though."

The man smiled as he appraised Sherlyn's body, "Well, I'm happy I happened to be in the right place at the right time. You're hot girl."

Sherlyn blushed, "Um, thanks, I think."

Naked Sherlyn waited patiently as the two people in front of her were helped. They tried their best to ignore the naked girl. When Sherlyn had her order rang up, she turned and asked the man behind her if he would take her picture. He eagerly agreed, she asked him, "Would you try and get the cashier in the picture too?"

After several shots, the man handed the phone back to Sherlyn as he checked her out again. Then he smiled and asked, "Can I get a picture with you too?" Sherlyn knew she should beat feet, every second increased her chances of being arrested, but she agreed to the man's request.

The man asked the woman behind him if she would take the picture. The woman wasn't a day over 25 and seemed to think having Sherlyn running through the store naked was all kinds of cool. She took the man's cell phone and snapped several shots of the man standing with his arm around Sherlyn's shoulder. Sherlyn thought, 'At least he doesn't want a picture with his hands on my boobs."

Sherlyn quickly grabbed up her purchase and made a hasty retreat to Hillary's car.

Sherlyn drove out onto Main Street. Three blocks down, she watch two police cars, with their lights flashing, drive towards the supermarket.

Using the navigation system built into Hillary's car, Sherlyn made her way out of Athol on back roads. After 15 minutes, she found a copse of trees where she walked down an abandon old road just off the highway. Once out of view, she sat in some grass in the warmer than usual late afternoon and enjoyed her dinner.

Just under two hours later, Hillary's BMW rolled into the parking lot of the sorority house. Sherlyn's journey was at an end.

------------------------------------------------------

Hillary walked out of the sorority, after making her deal with the devil.

She was a full member of the sorority Sigma Epsilon Chi now; no more games, no hazing, no initiation, and no oaths. The sorority needed her as much as she needed the sorority. Now, she would spend her time and efforts trying to change the morally bankrupt organization into something she could be proud of.

Several nights later, Sherlyn came back to their room in the early morning hours. The room had boxes stacked all around on the floor. Both girls had been packing so they could move into the sorority house.

Sherlyn had just gone through to the sorority's initiation. She told Hillary, "That was interesting, sort of. We all were blindfolded, put on a bus, and then we were taken to some back woods somewhere where we danced around a stupid bonfire naked--they called it 'sky clad'. Apparently, someone in the organization fancies themselves as Wiccan or something. There were several women standing around in black masks and robes, but any imbecile could tell it was Melinda and her advisors.

"It was anticlimactic after all the depravity we put up with during the tests. They put marks on our chests with red tempera paint, gave us a code word to use between sisters, and they showed us what I can only describe as a gang sign. Two fingers on one hand over one finger on the other; I think it's supposed to represent a pussy over a penis. How lame is that. I think all these girls think about all the time is sex.

"Finally, we had red robes draped over our shoulders and were told, welcome to the sorority."

Hillary smiled, "Well, it sounds like I didn't miss much."

Sherlyn laughed, "No, most of the time was spent standing around naked, freezing, listening to them tell us the history of the sorority. Apparently, the sorority had its start in the women's suffrage and free love movements." She giggled and said, "The only woman homelier than Melinda has to be Susan B. Anthony. It a wonder those old gals could find any guys willing to have free love with them."

Hillary shook her head, "I guess you're way more into that kind of history than I am."

Sherlyn responded, "Well, we do owe them quite a bit. We could still be barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen. It wasn't that many years ago when that was a reality of life for most women. Working women were shunned. A woman's place was the home."

The two girls talked until dawn.

---------------------------------------------------------

Nate's health was taking a turn. One weekend in December just before finals week, Hillary and Peter were out on the cape making one of their frequent visits. Hillary noticed that their dad was looking gaunt and tired. Nathaniel had dark circles under his eyes and he seemed to have a lot less energy.

Hillary asked him about it, "How are you feeling dad? Are you getting your medicine?"

Nate smiled and said, "Don't worry girl, I have a hospice nurse out every afternoon. She's taking really good care of me."

Hillary gave her father a concerned look, "I'm sorry, I'm a worrier. I just don't want to see you looking sick."

Nate gave her a loving look, "I know sweetheart, but we have to face it, I'm not going to be here much longer. I'm really starting to feel it, nothing specific really, it's just like I have a dead battery. They gave me some really good anti-nausea medicine and they promised I could have all the morphine I need."

With tears in her eyes, Hillary changed the subject, "Um, I have news dad. Sherlyn had an ultrasound the other day, it looks like you two may be having a boy."

Nate smiled, "Ah that is good news. I think Sherlyn is going to be a wonderful mother for my baby."

Hillary added, "Yeah, she's going to fly back home at the end of the semester, she hasn't told her parents yet. I don't envy her the task. I could just imagine telling mother if I were pregnant. My goodness, it would be like the fourth of July with all the fireworks that would occur."

Peter laughed, "Yeah that would be fun to watch. Of course, you always have had the brunt of her ire. I'm not sure what it is between you and her."

Nate added, "Well, she's always been power hungry, and loves money more than life, but the way she acts with you baffles even me. Not that I've ever seen you two together. In a lot of ways, I'm going to miss the woman when I'm gone. I'm going to miss you all."

Hillary announced, "Well, this week is finals week. I should make arrangements to take my tests at a later date? I think my professors would understand that I need to spend time with you."

Nate said, "No, no, you need to study and you need to take your final exams while the information is fresh in your head. I'll be alright, it's only a week right? Get through your finals, then you can come out and we can spend winter break together.

"Too bad it's so cold out; we could all run around naked around the grounds." Peter and Hillary laughed. Nate loved to play naked. It was a wonder he hadn't herded the twins to the pool to skinny dip yet.

Finals week was more Hectic than Hillary could have guessed. Cramming half the night, and taking long, exacting examinations. The ones she hated the most were the short essay tests, the ones she like the best were the multiple choice.

With the last test taken, on Friday, Hillary was going to go to the sorority house, go to the room that she and Sherlyn shared, and crash for a week. Actually, she was going to get a good night's sleep, and then Peter, Sherlyn, and she were going to drive out to the mansion in the morning.

Back at the room, she was met by Peter and Terrance, both boys insisted that the four of them go out and have some Pizza to celebrate. Peter tried to convince his tired sister, "Hey, we have to celebrate, we completed our very first finals week!"

Sherlyn added, "I agree, this calls for a celebration."

Hillary handed the keys to the BMW over to Peter and said, "Okay, but let's not stay out too late, I really am worn out."

Just as the four teens had eaten their fill of pizza and were getting ready to have a refill of their sodas. Hillary's cell phone rang. She pulled it out of her pocket and slid the icon over to answer the call. "Hello, this is Hillary."

"Miss Hillary, oh my, oh Miss Hillary, you need to come out to the mansion." The person on the phone was a crying, distraught George; he was so upset he was hard to understand.

Hillary said soothingly, "Okay, George, calm down. What's wrong?"

"Oh Miss Hillary, it's Master Nate, he's in a bad way." She had to wait for George to control his emotions, "Miss Hillary, the Hospice people say you should come now. They say Nathaniel doesn't have much longer. My gawd, he looks ghastly!"

Hillary told the servant, "Okay George, we're on our way. Just as soon as we can pay our tab here at the restaurant, we'll be on the road."

George pleaded, "Thank you, Miss Hillary. Please hurry. I just don't know what to do. Please, I don't want to be here alone when he passes. Please, please, hurry."

Hillary could tell the man was distressed. "Okay, George, hang in there. We'll be there just as soon as we can. We're heading for the car right now."

Peter and Terrance laid out two twenty dollar bills, more than enough to settle up with the pizza joint, and they all hurried out to the BMW. Peter tossed Terrance the keys and said, "You're the only one in enough emotional shape to drive. I have to admit, I'm a bit shaken up. And, I know Hillary can't be much better."

Terrance took the keys and said, "No problem. Just point the way." Terry was the only one who had never been to the Mansion.

Pushing it to the limit without going speeds that would attract a reckless driving ticket, the four of them made the trip in about an hour and a half. As soon as the car drove up into the circular drive, directly in front of the mansion, Hillary, Peter and Sherlyn were out of the car and dashing up the front steps. Terrance was left to deal with the Valet.

The front door swung open at their arrival and a distressed, crying George stood in the entrance wringing his hands. He called out, "Oh Miss Hillary, Master Peter, am I ever glad to see you two. Oh, Miss Sherlyn, I'm glad to see you too, sweetheart. Master Nate is up in his bedroom. The Hospice nurse is with him."

As the three of them headed for the main stairs, Hillary asked, "George, could you please show Terrance up after he deals with the car?"

"Yes Miss Hillary, certainly." Replied the servant, the man seemed to be calmer now that someone was in the house who could take charge.

Hillary added over her shoulder, "George, why don't you bring him up. I think Nate would want you by his side right now. You're very important to him."

Tears coursed down the elderly man's cheeks, "Yes Miss Hillary, if I won't be intruding."

Hillary smiled, "Intruding? No, George, you're family. There is no way you could possibly intrude."

The gray headed man smiled, "Thank you, Miss Hillary."

They all made their way to Nathaniel's bedroom. He was awake, but he had on an oxygen mask. It was obvious right away to Hillary that man wasn't getting enough air, even with the supplemental oxygen flowing through the mask. Nate seemed to be taking big deep breaths, but never seemed to get to the point where it was enough.

Hillary went to the bedside with Peter. They moved up on both sides of the hospital bed, which had been brought in for Nate's care. Each of them took one of their father's hands. Hillary asked, "Oh dad, why didn't you have George call us sooner?"

Nate gasped, "I didn't, want, to interfere, with, your examinations."

Tears started to course down Hillary's cheeks. She was so intently concentrated on Nate that she didn't notice the tears flowing out of Peter's eyes. Even Sherlyn was tearing up. Terrance just stood back out of the way.

Nate smiled, and wheezed out, "I'm glad, you, could, be here, to, see me, off."

Hillary sobbed, Peter asked, "Dad, are you in pain?"

Nate turned his head to the boy, "Ah, Peter, son, I don't, think, I've, I've, ever said, I love you. Peter, I, love you!"

Peter working really hard to get the words out, his emotions were overwhelming him, "Oh gawd, dad, I love you too!" Nate smiled.

Nate turned back to Hillary, "Hills, I need, you, to be strong!" He took several breaths, "You, have to, take over, the, board. You, you'll, be the, chairman. You, will, have, to..." He had to stop for more air, "...You'll, have, to lead. Hold, Randall, Holdings, together."

Hillary sniffed, "I will dad. I'll take over."

Nate gave as close to a laugh as he could muster, "Watch, out, watch out, for, Arthur, Turner. He'll, try, he'll, try to, run, roughshod, over you. Put, put, him, in his, in his, place." Another gasp of air, "first, meeting. Show him, who's, in control"

Hillary smiled, "I will dad. They won't know what hit them."

Nate added, "In my, study, I've, outlined, I've laid out, an, investment, strategy. Read it."

Hillary said, "I will." Then she added, "Now rest."