All Comments on 'Spoils of Victory: A New Beginning'

by Alex De Kok

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great

Gentle little story. Certainly deserved an E. I went back and read the other three stories and enjoyed them, too. I think this may be the best of the four.

Boyd.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Wonderful

It was wonderful to read a story that had some plot. I especially enjoyed the character development - probably the best I've read on this site.

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Gentle little Story...

How nice to see something from this wonderful Writer. Long an admirer of Mr. De Kok's writing style; I couldn't decide whether to read this for enjoyment or study it. The dialogue was superb, crisp, fast moving, and throughly enjoyable. A wonderful write.

rgraham666rgraham666over 17 years ago
Sweet

A lovely romance.

The entire work built very nicely to the climax. Both characters were well rounded and built nicely. Even the secondary characters added flavour to the story.

The authour uses words with a deft touch that creates a very rich atmosphere.

Well done.

EuphalicityEuphalicityover 17 years ago
Nice Images

Great imagery.... there was one I really liked, something about slithering... the story brought very vivid images to mind with out really being graphic.

Black TulipBlack Tulipover 17 years ago
Sailing

is a wonderful pastime. Especially with a lovely couple like the one you created.

Thanks for a romantic read.

Black Tulip

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 17 years ago
Very, very good.

Alex,

It's always nice to read a good romance. When the relationship helps one of them heal it gets better. When you add in the sailboat, it's close to heaven. Thank you for another delightful story, you are very good at this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Yet another great piece of writing from you

Alex, you never fail to please. Great story.

asiaprofasiaprofover 17 years ago
So nice...

Warm, touching,

horrifying (earlier part),

lots of little details

just perfect

YornHYornHover 14 years ago
warm and wonderful

This series of SOV stories have been a real pleasure to read - warm and wonderful - I've said it before but want to do it again: You, Alex, have got the be one of the very best writers on Litterotica - and, I think, as a paid writer as well. You have the gab of words and the mindset of a true romantic.

Thank you again for your contributions - I can't get enough of them.

ChucksSiteChucksSiteover 12 years ago
Here I Broke My Plan of Reading Each Story From First Publish Date To ...

the latest. I had to decide whether to read another 2004 story or this 2006 story to complete the Spoils series. I chose the latter and much to my surprise discovered what I believe is a more developed, mature writing style with better (if one can get better) description and character development. Now maybe it was just a result of the type of story, but I think we have seen here a step improvement in Alex's presentations. I'm not a critic nor do I know anything about writing except what I like, and I really liked this story...maybe it just had more polish. Now I'm going back to 2004 and see if I can see more of the growth of this author. I read for enjoyment, not analysis, but now I wonder as I read more from 2004 and 5 if I can spot some of the new Alex. Thanks for a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I really like how you write

Good job! Great stories.

oldman77oldman77over 9 years ago
MORE?????

Will there be more episodes, possibly with Elinor and her friend????

As stated before, really enjoy this type of story writing. Good luck, with future endeavors...... oldman77

GrandEagle53GrandEagle53over 2 years ago

Fantastic story. I almost shied away from it because I normally stay away from romance. My Mom and Sister read romance novels and the few I tried to read were, in my opinion, sappy. This, however, was an excellent series (I read them all, go figure). Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlex De Kok@Alex De Kok
July 13, 2023 - As some of you have no doubt realised, I'm writing again, albeit very slowly. My late wife was a writer as well, although not on Literotica, and I think she would have wanted me to continue. May 24, 2021 - I haven't posted anything for some time now, and it ma...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES