All Comments on 'Stepping in the River, Twice Ch. 03'

by sophist801

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
long drawn out

get too the point.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
not drawn out

I like it. No need to rush for the BTB crowd.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Alright here's what we know

Margo is a cheating whore, telling Matt that it makes her appreciate him more. She is also deceitful, testing his fidelity while screwing multiple men. However, Matthew is also a cheater, albeit one time and out of frustration of his discovery of his companion reporting to his wife every night.

Matt has to leave. Divorce under irreconcilable differences. Margo will never stop her whore ways.

Now just waiting for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Where is this going...

As if we don't already know. Wimp cuckold likely ending.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 11 years ago
Frustrating situation.

One wonders how he could know so little about his wife's thinking. She told him she sneaks around and has sex with other men. She called her lover's wife, pretty much in a attempt to ruin his life simply because he had sex with her that she wanted. Why did she do that? It seems that she uses men. She screwed the guy, got caught, and then told his wife she's help in the divorce. That story should have been enough to tell our hero to get the hell out of Dodge, and fast!

bruce22bruce22almost 11 years ago
Beautiful Story Construction

I have to agree with HDK in that I would have filed for divorce after hearing her statement going to others in order to be more passionate with me, though I have a hard time believing that this is even true. On the other hand if he had terminated the story by peaceful or violent means, we would not have met the lovely Phuong To

or learned of his religious side. The story, as the author is writing it, is much more interesting!

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3almost 11 years ago
Chapter 4??

Good story. However, the ending was left wide open. Was that so other writers could offer a conclusion or is there a Chapter 4 coming? I'm hoping for subsequent chapter(s).

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago

Very disturbing. I have never reacted to a story quite like I did to this one. There seem to be many inconsistencies and a great deal or irrational behavior. I was close to giving up. Why is this guy still living with her? Why didn't he confront her upon his return and demand an explanation? Why is he still leaving the door open? As a Christian, I am insulted that you would try to justify his behavior by hiding behind the teachings of Jesus.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 11 years ago
Strange...

He's not a wimp or a cuck. She's getting some outside, and so is he. His explanation for not divorcing her is a cop-out, however. I agree with Drbeamer on this one. Hiding behind religion is just plain disturbing. There was no indication before that he was a devout Catholic. As a Catholic myself, I find that a bit screwed up. As a fan of good writing, I find the inexplicable plot twists to be a distraction from the overall tale itself.

1. In Chapter 1, there is NOTHING to suggest that Margo and Jenny planned somehow for Jenny to go with Matt to the islands, yet in Chapter 2, she tells him that she DID go with him at Margo's behest. WTF?

2. In this one, we find out that the "test" was in fact a precursor to allowing her to continue her affair with her boss. Ok, saw that one coming, to be honest. Then she says that the sex isn't any good with him or any of the other men, and that she just loves her husband?? Umm, no. Margo is a sex addict, and has to have it whenever she can get it, apparently. She's also one sociopathic bitch to turn on her boss as soon as she gets caught and inform on him to his wife. I'm not saying that was wrong, but she was so cold and calculating about it!

3. The whole "Suddenly Found Religion" doesn't hold water. Yet another plot twist that seems contrived, to be honest.

In spite of all those, I still find the tale riveting in a masochistic sort of way. I have to see how it plays out.

4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Wow, what a bunch of scumbags.

1. We have Margo who apparently has been cheating like a serial whore and set up a test to manipulate her husband into a point of cheating himself so that she could excuse it.

2. We have himself, who believed his wife was entirely faithful, cheated on her anyway with a virgin that he never intended to take seriously, violated his personal, marital and religious oaths, then lied to and manipulated his wife exactly the same way she did him just so he could get lots of anal sex.

3. We have Jenny, who has apparently been a long-term accomplice to Margo's cheating so that she could help break up their marriage, outright lied to him repeatedly about his wife's fidelity, and despite being a virgin, somehow comes off as much of a lying cheating whore as his soon to be ex. You can't trust a woman like that going into marriage.

So we have three lying and cheating scumbags who have absolutely no respect for truth or the institution of marriage.

Hopefully Phuong finds out the whole truth before this asshole screws up yet another life. The scumbags deserve each other. She does not.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
One more thought

If I am not mistaken, upon his return to home he has had no real explanation of what has transpired. He has heard from Jenny, and he himself has done a great deal of speculating. He has not heard her side and gotten the truth. So I found it stunning and frustrating that upon his first interaction with his wife he is fucking her like nothing happened. And, he doesn't want to hear her explanation. And, she doesn't seem to want to care about telling him. She simply accepts his conditions on their continued relationship without so much as a protest. Either there is something else afoot, or this is bad writing. I refuse to accept it as bad writing because I have come to enjoy your offering. However, this chapter seems a bit shoddy.

Returning to the religion thing. I applauded you for having a character who finds his convictions in the teachings of Christ. You do that quite frequently, so I trust it is part of who you are. However, it seems inconsistently integrated. He has these convictions about marriage, yet inexplicably fucks Jenny. So much for conviction. Not saying he wasn't justified what he had discovered about his wife. However, you made a great deal about of his belief in fidelity and the bit with Jenny seemed out of character. Especially, given what he really knew at that time. Which wasn't much. It wasn't actually until three weeks after his retun that he really finds out what has been going on.

I believe in the bonds of marriage, but as a fellow Christian I don't see anything in the teachings of Christ to indicate that given these circumstances divorce would not be allowed. Kick her to the curb!

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caalmost 11 years ago
Jenny?

Hard to believe he hasnt sought out the yummy miss Jenny after discovery what a liar the wife is? He's a red boolded male, no way he'd not go find her. Catholic asian girls usually have a catholic name too ... Phong to ??

JounarJounaralmost 11 years ago
1*

This story is just a fucking mess.

BTTapBTTapalmost 11 years ago
Ramblings of a madman.

I am reminded of Ricky Gervais' description of Karl Pilkington's diary: "ramblings of a madman.". Not totally fair, I admit, but this chapter was unfocussed, pendantic, laboured, and featured actions by the characters that were at once both outrageously divorced from the human condition and reality and also boring. Amazing to me that they could be both. Also, it was my impression that Jenny was aware of the 'test', but now it turns out there wasn't a test at all, just a sordid affair. So...? I find the characters generally all piteously stupid and morally confused to the point of bankruptcy. And really, what guy isn't going to divorce his wife under these circumstances? The wife is certifiable and stupid. Too bad the characters have become cartoons and the story lost focus; I was interested after the first 2 chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
No Need To Rush!

Here, we are used to seeing fast pace, read hot-blooded, reactions, as it is common, no more contact or counseling etc.

This is different that way. Lot of internal dialogues; I like it anyway.

But serious issues are considered, even after 4 weeks.

So far so good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
This story is a mess,you find your wife was having multiple affairs and you stay,why?

Why not go after Jenny and why no divorce . Why live in the same house with the whore and punish yourself. Why not move on. What is going on is not normal , so I quess you can see this story is all over the place with little rime or reason.the marriage was over when he caught her with Ted the second time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
"occasionally being with other men"

In the real world, that would be a Freudian slip, giving away that Stan was not the first. I know there would be those who'd reply "This is not the real world. This is fiction." True. However, the writer controls what is in and not in a story. Unless the writer is lazy or just doesn't care such a line is there for a reason.

<P>

This line makes everything that came after it illogical and forced. I can only assume you wanted to have him go through being so near to her and yet depriving himself of being with her, but you didn't want to take the time to come up with a reasonable excuse, so you didn't.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Very intriguing

critics should know that life is not always black and white. I like the internal struggle that the husband is experiencing. I look foward to the next chapter. *****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
INTERESTING

Your story is interesting but your copy is fraught with misspellings, misused words, poor punctuation and skewed sentence structure. The story would be an order of magnitude better if you had somebody proof and edit it. Please find someone to assist you. Believe me, it will make a huge difference.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Matt should get off of the pot and divorce his slutty whore of a wife that likes old wrinkly cock in her pussy and who knows where else. He's got to ask himself how many times has he eaten another mans cum out of her pussy, how many times had he kissed the bitch right after she swallowed Stan's semen. Divorce the stupid whore and hold up with Jenny, Phoung or some other woman that wont ne spreading her fuck hole, ass hole of opening her mouth and threat for some other guy

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyalmost 11 years ago
Not Believable

Scernarios so unrealistic, stretching credibility to a painful level. Staying in bed having meals with the wayward wife, but continuing to expound as the grieving husband. Never, I mean never happens. Either reconcile or separate. Those are what happens. Of course, it's fiction and yours to say how it goes. However, in the absence of believability, the story really does fail.

looking4itlooking4italmost 11 years ago
A poor turn of events/choices in Ch 3

I don't usually comment on individual chapters. This story has blown up all of a sudden with some poor choices on the writers part to, as I can only imagine, try and bring some unexpected plot twists. They can make for interesting or intriguing reading, but when they are not plausible or are ridiculous they have an opposite effect. Totally lost my interest in this chapter. I will read on because of the first two but will not be surprised if this doesn't continue to spiral out of control.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
words

some of your words are used in England not in the US of A. just so you know.

we all know what is right and wrong, you do not need the church to tell you

. end the marriage or get help . she will cheat again at some time.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 11 years ago
Philosophy 101

There are a (goodly) number of odd actions in this tale, to date. What bothers me more, however, is all the existential pondering about his own psyche, the nature of love, and perfidy. Having Sweetie continue to sleep in the same bedroom (and bed) is just plain incomprehensible. If a guy can fly two to the Southwest Pacific for several weeks, he can afford a twin bed in another room!

I concur that too many 'writing mechanics' errors were allowed to appear in the published product. That is either carelessness or ignorance...neither is pretty!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
when ypu thonk it couldn't get any mor unbelievable

The Writer comes up with this shit. Do us all a favor and kill Matt in the next chapter. Murder suicide it doesn't matter just have mercy on our souls and die.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Matt must be a dimwitted dipshit.

Any man who'd been played and betrayed like that would instantly get rid of the bitch before he kicked the living shit out of her and then strangled the life out of the dirty cunt. He's already seen the evidence and figured out what she's been doing. No man is ever going to forget seeing her pulling her dress back into place and him pulling his pants back up.. proof positive that he'd just been fucking her but had been interrupted before he had a chance to pump his cum into her. He should have long since hired a good private detective.... had her followed to record or video any fuck meet-ups and had the office wired and set up with cameras. He'd already have an airtight case for divorce on grounds of Adultery.... all things that he could send copies of to his ex-pigs' family and friends. (let them see a beautiful woman in the prime of her life kissing and fucking an aging, overweight hog and then licking and sucking their cum off of his cock... and whoever else she's caught on video fucking.)

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumover 8 years ago
I've wondered about this.... (a message to Lickideesplit)

So YOU'RE the one who beat me to that name. (Lickideesplit) .... Well, at least we think alike. I agree with your comment.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Philosophical bull

Really too much over thinking. His wife is a fucking whore, serial cheater scum.

He either enjoys cleaning up other men's leftovers or he doesn't.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

"Sophist" doesn't mean pretending sophistication with words you cannot spell.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Nothing here to like

A little religion isn't going to save this mess. Everyone is a.cheater but the wife is total whore. Have him grow a pair and dump the bitch. One more chapter to fix it or give it up as a lost cause.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
Weird

Still in the same bed?

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 5 years ago
Why delay?

Matt knows he’ll never trust her again. Not immediately consulting a lawyer, after promising Stan a lawsuit, doesn’t make sense. Staying under the same roof as Margo, after a kiss sent him to the Philippines, is confusing. Sleeping in the same bed is outlandish. He needs separation.

Oh, and her explanations are ridicuolous. Saying her tits, ass, and mouth would never receive another man... left one orifice not committed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Lost the plot

I was enjoying this story until this chapter, seems to have turned for the worse. This could of been good but no, another delusional, cheating wife story. Will read the last chapter only because I hope he dumps the whore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"Now I realized that "perfect love" had nothing to do with ownership, commitment and honoring one's vows. Now, I believed all of the psychological reports that indicated men and women see their relationships very differently."

Feminized, psychobabble - and very bad theology for anyone claiming to be a serious Catholic. Bad character development. Incoherent, really.

HighBrowHighBrow12 months ago

Does this Femdom agitprop make any sense at all? Neither spouse seems to be able to reason normally.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous