Stupid Cupid

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What?"

"Tail spin."

"Tail spin? NO!"

After frightening her with a series of tricks Eros settled down and rode straight ahead. She clutched to him tighter than she ever had. She was trembling with fear. He wanted to feel guilty, but he was much too pleased with himself for that. That, and he liked how she pressed against him. He was in his traditional attire as well. He could feel her warm nipples through the cloth pressing his bare chest. He vaguely wondered if he'd have to fight her for sex on Mount Olympus. Surely she wasn't foolish enough to think the sex would just stop because they were at his parent's "house."

When her hold loosened he looked over to see her fast asleep. She had dozed off in the curve of his wing, nestled against his chest. Her soft beautiful face filled him with love and desire. In that moment he felt more like Eros than he ever had.

Eros smirked. Hopefully his family wouldn't embarrass him.

Selene didn't stir when he picked her up and carried her from the chariot. It was about 2 am in her time and she had slept through most of the night. As he walked he saw Hedone bounce forward. Her hair was in hot pink dreads.

"Is that her?" she asked rushing forward in excitement.

"Shh, she's asleep," he whispered.

Hedone nodded and pushed away his wing to get a better look at her.

"Oh wow Dad, she's pretty."

Eros smiled. "I'm glad you think so."

"So when are you gonna wake her up?"

"Tomorrow morning," he said tilting his head towards the pillar that transported them to his room. She rushed over and pressed it, letting it sink in and the magical stairwell appear. He stepped down carefully, sure not to disturb Selene and gently placed her on his spacious bed. It was nothing compared to his home, but it would do.

He examined her, lying so loose and free amongst his covers. Goodness, he wanted to her even now. Sucking in a breath of restraint he left here there and went to find his mother. He needed to honor her, since it was love that had brought them together.

"Mm...Eros, are we there yet?"

Selene stretched up, extending her arms up high. Oh, she was comfortable. What was she on, a Serta?

Opening her eyes she found herself in lavish bedroom that defied any idea of luxury she previously had. Wow. She felt like she lived in garbage can. Gingerly, she touched the sheets and watched as they shimmered underneath her fingers.

What the hell were they made of? Gold?

"Stars."

She looked up and saw Eros leaning on a pillar. He was in his true form, a white toga on his bronze skin contrasting purity with sinfulness in an erotically naughty way.

"Oh," she wheezed, looking down at the sheets.

Don't look at him. Don't let him know or Aphrodite is going to fry you.

"Selene I can already tell what you're thinking," Eros chuckled striding forward. He watched as she scrambled out of the bed and stood, straightening her attire and running to a massive mirror.

"Should I bathe again? Or um, wait. How long ago was our—Stay over there. Arrival, should I...Stay on your side Eros! I'm trying to focus!"

She growled in frustration as he pulled her into him and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"You are preserved in the same clean state you came Selene," Eros chuckled, pressing his chin into her neck. "Come. It's time for you to meet the others."

Selene nodded and took a deep breath. "Alright, I'm ready."

Eros released her and took her hand. Then he led her toward the main chamber of the gods.

Aphrodite was perched on her magnificent throne as were all the others. Seeing them made Selene's eyes water. How could any group of people be that startling attractive? It just wasn't fair.

She looked at the man she assumed was Anteros. He had Ero's dark eyes but his hair was long and silky. His blue eyes held an element of frost in them that seemed dangerous, but the kind grin on his face caged it. Definitely an avenger of some sort. Standing in the center she decided to face Aphrodite whom was next to tall darkly handsome figure that she knew had to be Ares. He emitted violence to the point she felt like she needed to put herself in some kind of fighting stance. Instead she zoned in on the goddess of love and swallowed.

"Ah, finally," Aphrodite said, giving her an appraising look. "You look nice."

"Not as nice as you," Selene said nodding her head respectfully. Please don't hurt me.

"Oh she's the cutest thing isn't she?" Aphrodite gushed to Ares.

Eros' lips quirked in amusement. "Mother, I believe Selene told me you two were already acquainted."

"Oh yes my son. I couldn't just sit back and not go see the woman you had fallen so madly in love with."

"About that..." Selene said, raising a hand. Wait why was she raising her hand? She wasn't in a class. She immediately pressed it against her side.

"Well...you see. How that happened..."

"We know."

She looked over to Anteros who was smiling widely. "We watched all of it. It was brilliant. I must say, you are now one of my favorite humans."

"Oh," Selene said uncertainly. "Uh...thanks?"

"No need to be so square," a girl she had not noticed quipped. She had bubble gum pink hair and what appeared to be a Japanese Lolita outfit on. "It's totally chill. We know who you are Selene Elizabeth Evans. We like you, so no worries. Kay?"

"Let me introduce you," Eros said gently. "This is..."

"Hedone," Selene interjected.

The woman raised an eyebrow. "Yes," she said brightly. "Did he tell you about us?"

"Yes," Selene replied.

"What'd he say?"

"Nothing. And you must be Anteros," Selene lulled, artfully dodging the question.

Anteros laughed loudly. "That bad huh?"

"Who am I?"

The sentence had been rumbled like it came from the mouth of a volcano. She turned to the rumble to the see the dark imposing figure on the throne. He was wearing leather pants with black boots, a white shirt, and a green jacket with skulls on the shoulders. The skulls seemed to be moving.

"You're obviously Ares," Selene said as steadily as she could.

"Yeah?" he challenged. His eyes sparkled with violence. "What makes you say that?"

"...you're the last one left."

There was a tension filled silence when Aphrodite began to burst into laughter. Ares joined her, his sounding more maniacal. Then Hedone joined and soon, they were all laughing.

"You like wine?" Aphrodite sniffed, wiping her eyes. A chalice appeared in her hand and she offered it to her. Selene smiled.

"Oh do I."

She gripped it and took a deep sip. When she looked back up Eros was grinning from ear to ear.

"What? What's with the face?"

"You, Selene Evans Elizabeth have just received Aphrodite's blessing."

Selene gave Aphrodite her best smile and was then shoved into an onslaught of questions as the gods came down and embraced her.

"So are you getting human married?"

"How is he in bed?"

"Who taught you how to use a crossbow?"

"Are you living with us now?"

"You ever kill a man?"

"What's aging like?"

That night Selene had been high off the adrenaline of life and joy. So when Eros seduced her, there hadn't been much of a fight. She was riding him, thrusting her hips wantonly against his, breathing heavily as his name spilled from her lips like a mystic chant.

"Eros....Eros! Oh...Eros..."

"Ugh...Selene."

He too was affected by her beauty and grace. It sucked him in until he couldn't think straight anymore.

Selene was close and she rose herself up and down on the bucking hips with great effort and want.

"Eros I'm cumming. I'm...I'm..."

She cried out as he grunted out his own release and they shook together. Selene collapsed onto his chest and sighed, feeling the warmth of him on her skin. She was overcome with emotion as he started to drift off.

"Eros..." she whispered.

"Yes?"

"I...I love you."

Eros chuckled. "I love you too Psyche."

Selene froze. Eros did the same as soon as he realized his mistake. She pulled him from her and rolled over, staring at him with wide eyes from her side of the bed.

"No. Selene I didn't mean it!" Eros protested, watching the pain in her eyes. "It was an accident."

Selene fought back her tears. She had finally said it. She had finally admitted it and now this.

"You still love her?" she more or less stated.

"Selene," Eros huffed, running a hand across his face. "You wouldn't understand."

"I've been in love before," she snapped angrily. "Don't tell me I don't understand! You didn't hear me calling out Peter."

"Selene we were supposed to be together forever," Eros said remorsefully. "We were immortal. We were supposed to..."

"So you don't really love me? It's just the arrow that made you love me?"

"My arrow is love!" Eros snapped. "It's a lot deeper than some of those fabricated relationships you humans try to make on your own. I am in love with you Selene!"

"But if Psyche could come back..."

"She can't come back!"

Eros' shout shook the room. Selene held onto the pillow, her eyes wide with shock. When miserable tears slid down her face she stood up and pulled on her toga.

Eros stood, realizing what he had done. "Selene. Selene I'm sorry, I didn't mean...wait. Don't..."

"Don't touch me," she barked, turning from him like he was poison.

Silently he took a step back. She walked out, furiously rubbing at her eyes.

Selene walked outside until she was standing on the balcony out looking the land beneath Olympus. It was all clouds now. The faint glow of the lanterns cast a blue haze around her. It was fitting.

So, apparently all his words had been a lie. She tried very hard to keep herself calm, but hearing that name, Psyche, spill from his lips had been nothing short of traumatic.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

Aphrodite walked up next to her, and tossed her something. She caught it. It was a coin but it was certainly no penny.

"What is this?"

"A drachma. I don't have actual pennies, but I figured you probably needed the sentiment more."

Selene laughed wetly. "You know Aphrodite you're a lot nicer than the stories make you out to be. I'm sorry if I was suspicious."

"Only the stupid aren't suspicious," Aphrodite said warmly. She reached over and wiped a tear out of Selene's eye. "But you know my dear, even gods can be stupid."

Selene sniffed. "So, you heard us?"

"I'm pretty sure all of Olympus heard you. Quite inspiring for me and Ares until...well, our son's little slip up."

Selene sighed, the breath drawn from deep within her bones.

"So what now? Do I pretend not to be upset that he loves Psyche more than me?"

"He's loved Psyche longer," Aphrodite corrected. "He doesn't love her more. Don't you think of Peter sometimes too?"

"No," Selene said. "That's what's so strange. I used to think about him like it was scheduled in my day but since Eros came to me, he's been gone. And I don't think about him, I don't want him."

"You want Eros...."

Selene didn't answer. Instead she turned the coin over in her hand. A gold drachma, ancient tender but stamped with a godly touch.

"Aphrodite, I'm going to die one day."

"I...I know dear."

"I can't be there for him like Psyche could. Like Psyche can."

Selene pressed the coin into her hand and made herself stop crying. She needed to be strong.

"What do you mean can dear? Psyche is dead."

"But your dead go to the underworld don't they?" Selene said turning to her.

Aphrodite didn't like the determined look in the girl's eyes. "What are you thinking Selene?"

"This," she said holding up the coin. "I can use this to bribe Charon, the boatman right?"

"Selene, Eros already checked the underworld for her. He already tried to find her soul. She wasn't there."

"But he was distraught. Did anyone check after him?"

"No, but—"

"So she could still be there!"

Aphrodite's jaw dropped. "You want to go the underworld? Are you insane?"

"What? Tons of people have done it."

"Most of them were demigods!"

Selene held Aphrodite's hand in hers and squeezed it. "Aphrodite...I have to try. They say if you love someone, you have to let them go."

"That quote doesn't quite match up to..."

"So if Psyche is down there, if Eros still needs her to get closure, I need to find her. And if he wants me, if he still chooses me after everything I'll never complain again. Even if he calls me Psyche."

Aphrodite looked at the determined human for a while before sighing. "You have guts I'll give you that. Alright, I'll give you your chance, but you must be back before sunrise or my son will tear the place apart. Come with me."

With that Aphrodite led her to the armory. She instructed her to strip and then put her in a black jogging suit with the initial A on them.

"You can borrow these. Be very careful." she said handing her a pair of boots.

"Okay. Um, do they do anything special?"

"They're a brand of Hermes footwear."

"Right."

"So they're enchanted..."

"..kay."

"So they can fly."

"Ohhh! That's useful. "

Aphrodite rolled her eyes.

"Just tap your heels and keep your chin up and arms wide apart. If you emulate Superman you'll fall flat on your face."

"You know about Superman?"

"Well I don't live under a rock. I live on top of one."

"Touché."

Then she handed her a crossbow and winked. "I assume you know how to use this."

Selene smirked and put the strap around herself as well as the quiver.

"You think I'll need this?" she asked.

"No, but no need to be underprepared," Aphrodite said strictly. Then she led her to back to the balcony.

"You will find the entrance to the cave of Tartarus in the mountain behind Mount Olympus. The shoes will take you there; just keep your chin up. Literally. Then you will pay Charon with the coin and say you wish to seek an audience with Persephone. State that you were sent by Aphrodite."

"Mountain, Chin, Money, Audience. Got it."

"Alright. Now like I said, before sunset. And whatever you do, do not eat or touch a thing that is not Psyche. Understand?"

"I understand."

"Oh and take this."

Aphrodite handed her a small clear vial. "Drink this after you land."

"Check." Selene figured she was past the point of fearing Aphrodite was trying to get rid of her, though disposing of her outside of the underworld would be brilliant.

Eh, whatever.

Fearlessly Selene clicked her heels and held back a shriek as she began to ascend. Aphrodite couldn't help but smile at the childish wonder in her eyes.

________________________________________________

Chapter Four: Hell on Earth

Flying wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

Selene thought being able to fly would be amazing, but actually it was quite tiring. For one thing her arms really started to hurt, but the moment she tried to move them just an inch she started losing altitude. And the wind was making her eyes water, and it was cold up there. Really to make this just a decent experience she would need a flat glider to rest her arms on, a wool parka, and a pair of goggles. Then it might be fun.

When she saw the opening in the mountain she knew immediately it was Tartarus. Gloomy moans could be heard from the entrance as though someone was constantly stepping on a trick mat used to startled Halloween guests.

She slowly lowered her arms and came to a rather graceful decent. Her arms were on fire and she could barely take the vial out of her pocket.

"Ohh...I just gained like 20 pounds of muscle," she groaned to herself.

The groans in Tartarus echoes back like they were mocking her.

"Oh shut up! You bastards aren't in any real pain!"

Whimpering Selene tossed back the liquid like a shot. Cool relief spread through her automatically. Her arms were as good as new, and her nose had stopped running.

She smiled. Okay, so Aphrodite was on her side.

Digging for the drachma she stepped into the cave.

Selene was not a fan of the dark. The first few minutes into the cave were not at all pleasant. There, beyond the darkness was a faint red glow. She walked on and on until she arrived there. Her eyes widened as she stood in what seemed to be the belly of a volcano. It was dark save the glow of the red molten lava that carved a path out beyond. In the lava she could see bodies churning about. In fact she realized they were souls, departed souls. Some were actually swimming laps, others were floating, others saw her and tried to reach out asking for help.

There was no way in hell she was going to touch someone who was swimming in lava.

She walked out onto a pier and saw there was a bell on a string. Frowning she pulled it. The bell made no sound.

"Really? Faulty equipment in hell?"

She pulled it again, harder, then again waiting for a ringing.

"Hold yer horses! I heard ya!"

Looking out she saw a relatively small boat and a man in a wide brim hat rowing it up to the pier. To be honest he just looked like a regular older gentlemen, a fisherman in fact.

"Charon?" she asked in surprise.

"No. I'm his bloody brother. Course I'm Charon! You know any other Charon's who work in other Underworlds?"

"Hey, no need to get testy," Selene snapped, pulling out her golden drachma. It caught the light and twinkled, Charon's hidden eyes flashing towards it.

"Ah...god business huh? Ain't seen one a those in a long time."

He had a cockney accent which Selene found odd but she didn't let it show.

"You don't say? Well, I'm here on behalf of Eros under the protection of the goddess Aphrodite. I have been instructed to seek an audience with Persephone Queen of the Underworld herself."

"Why?"

"None of your business."

Charon chuckled and stretched out a hand. "Give it here."

"So you agree to give me safe passage?" Selene asked. He wasn't going to just run off with her money.

"Yeah. How could I refuse right? Now give it here."

"Help me into the boat first."

"Blimey!"

"Hey! I didn't say you had to go anywhere."

Charon reluctantly crooked his arm to allow her to brace herself and sit firmly in the swaying boat. As soon as she was seated she gave him the drachma.

Charon snatched it rather ineloquently and bit into it. He stared at it for a moment before pocketing it with a crooked smile.

"Right as rain we are poppet. Off we go."

He pushed off from the pier and Selene made it a point to ignore the souls trying to get her attention.

"Why do you sound British?" she asked curiously. "Britain was founded way after your time."

"What do you think I do with the coins? Put them in my piggy til a bobble catches my eye?" Charon said snottily. "Nah. Round the time the Missus has her holiday I can buy some of me own. Get cover, book passage, real professional like. Got a cot up in Bristol."

"Sounds fun."

"Girly you don't know the half of it."

It was a relatively short ride to the other side with Charon occasionally hitting the side of the boat to keep souls from clinging. He did all this while animatedly telling her stories and information about himself. Despite being around the dead, Charon was very lively.

"And I says to the lass, I ain't ever seen a pair a leathers that cheap like, and get this. She gives me a wink see? And says I can pay the remainder by treating a lady like herself to a cup a tea. Can you believe that? Six pence and a farthing for genuine nobility riding boots. Only in the 12th I'll tell ya that. You kids are missing out."

"12th of what?" Selene asked, rapt in his story. "When's the sale?"

"12th century love!" Charon snickered bawdily. "You shan't get prices cheaper than that less ya knick em. Five finger discount, ya see?"

"And the woman? Did you treat her to tea?"

Selene was startled when the boat hit land. They were there. "Wow Charon, you're really great company. That was quick."