Summer Ch. 16 Sue and I Pt. 2

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TheTyke
TheTyke
390 Followers

"Is the coast clear?" I whispered and Dave shrugged.

"As it'll ever be."

Turning slowly I lowered myself down until my arms were at full stretch. I hung there for a moment feeling even more stupid than I had sitting on the concrete porch. "Get on with it," Dave offered sympathetically.

Swinging briefly and inelegantly back and forth I launched myself backwards onto the garden, landing ungainly and heavily with an impact that drove the wind from my body. I lay there for a moment looking up at the sky and wondering how I get myself into these messes when Dave appeared, upside down and sort of hovering over me.

"All right?" he asked, smoking his cigarette and not offering his hand.

"Fine, no need to help" I answered and sat up rubbing my neck and dusting myself off. He finally offered his hand and I pulled myself to my feet, wincing with pain when I put my weight on to my ankle.

"Broken?" he asked noncommittally.

"Just turned," I replied.

I hobbled up the garden to the wall and sat down. Dave followed and sat beside me. He reached behind him over the wall and picked up my shoes, offering them to me without comment. I looked at him and he just shrugged. I put them on, pulling the one gently onto the foot with the tender ankle.

When I was ready I stood up and dusted myself down again and glanced up at the bedroom window. Muted voices could still faintly be heard. Dave nudged me and proffered his open pack of cigarettes. I took one and lit up.

"Did you have a good night?" he asked at last as we set off down the street.

"The best," I answered slowly, limping along beside him. Not feeling particularly sensitive to his feelings after the shoes episode. He looked at me sideways.

"Took your time this morning didn't you?" he asked noncommittally, "Getting up I mean."

"Been here long?" I asked in response, ignoring the question.

"Long enough," he answered.

"How did you get my shoes, they were downstairs."

"Their Dad gave them to me. He found them downstairs by the sofa. There were a pair of knickers stuffed in them but he kept them." I nodded and drew on my cigarette.

"Whose were they?" I asked, "The knickers."

Dave shrugged, "Not sure, could have been anybodies. Probably Jackie's."

"A long day," I ventured, smiling as the memories suddenly vied for space in my head..

"A long day," he agreed nodding sagely. We walked on is silence for a while.

"You saw them then? The parents." I asked.

Dave nodded, "I was here when they arrived."

"Looking for Jacks were you?" I asked. Dave shrugged noncommittally. We walked again in silence for a while until I felt I needed to fill the void. "They gave me tea in bed." I offered and he thought for a moment.

"Did you do them both?" he asked eventually looking nonchalantly straight ahead. I glanced sideways at him and shrugged. He looked at his feet and swore quietly but sincerely under his breath, "Bastard." We walked away side by side, me limping. "Shall we invite them round to my place tonight," he asked to no-one in particular, "my folks are out."

I took a long drag on my cigarette and looked around as if seeing the day for the first time. "Beautiful day," I said, leaning an arm on Dave's shoulder as I worked my ankle. "Been a brilliant summer."

Dave looked at me and shading his eyes against the glare of the sun he nodded and smiled. "Can't grumble," he agreed.

TheTyke
TheTyke
390 Followers