All Comments on 'Summer of Denial'

by sr71plt

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Literate but muddled

The descriptive writing was elegant, but it seemed like you were trying to cram a novel into a short story. The reader is bombarded by multiple characterizations non-stop at the beginning, so that it becomes a little tedious. It has a bit of a soap-opera quality to it, and the protagonist does too much musing, so much that the story bogs down under the weight of it. If the story were much longer, you could develop the characters and their respective neuroses at a more relaxed and natural pace, interspersed with some action. Having said that, you are clearly a more accomplished writer than most here at Lit.

kschokschoover 10 years ago
too many words

the author fancies him/herself as Hemingway...but too many words muddle a sentence. The intent is there, but the execution is poor.

lloyd_5lloyd_5over 10 years ago
good writing but not erotica

Others have said the same points. Too much and too many characters packed in a short story without time to develop the electricity between the main characters. Perhaps first person was not the best choice here.

You write better than most but too physical without enough eroticism.

patientleepatientleeover 10 years ago
I liked this much more than I expected to.

It took a little bit to get into it, but it was intriguing.

Jim44444Jim44444over 10 years ago
Well written.

But I just am not into gay erotica. Thanks for writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersr71plt@sr71plt
3027 Followers
Former SR71 pilot, currently professional writer and book editor; writes under name "habu" on other erotica sites. My erotica books can be found under the author name habu or Dirk Hessian (and coauthored books with Sabb under the names Shabbu or Stephen Kessel) at S...