The Ache of Rapture Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Quinn began to tremble as she fought back tears. "I don't know," she whispered.

"Honey, what your brother did was wrong. You know that, don't you?" her mother wondered in dismay.

Quinn nodded quickly as her chest tightened.

"It wasn't just wrong," her father bellowed. "It's sick! How could you have let him do that?"

Quinn began to fall apart as she raised her eyes to her father's infuriated gaze. "I didn't!" she sobbed.

"I knew it," he seethed. "He raped you, didn't he? That's it! I'm calling the police."

When he stormed off in the direction of the telephone, Quinn's mother sighed. "You are not calling the police on our son. We can handle this. He obviously needs help, and he's not going to get it inside of a jail cell."

"He doesn't need help. He needs his ass kicked!" he hollered at the top of his lungs. "You let that kid do whatever he wants. It's no wonder this happened!"

Her mother scowled in the direction of her father before she shook her head. When she turned back to her daughter, her blue eyes were filled with pain. "Is that true, sweetheart? Did Liam force you?"

Quinn returned her gaze fearfully. This was her chance to elude any feelings of guilt. All she had to do was answer in the affirmative, and her parents would stop looking at her as if she were mentally deranged.

She hadn't wanted this. Any of this. Her brother had started the entire thing, and if she were honest, what they were asking her was true. He had forced her initially. He had made her do it against all of her objections. Maybe they were right.

"I didn't want to do it," she answered honestly. "He wouldn't let me go."

Her mother's mouth parted on a gasp as she took in her words. Then after a moment she nodded gravely.

"We're going to get him help," she said quietly. "We're going to get help for the both of you."

***

"I want you right here waiting for me when school is over."

Quinn met her father's harsh gaze, and nodded quickly. Her shaky fingers reached for the door handle so she could get out of the car when his words made her pause.

"If you see your brother, stay away from him. Do you understand me?"

Nodding again, Quinn opened the car door, and got out. Her stomach clenched for the hundredth time in the past twenty four hours. She felt both mentally and emotionally exhausted.

Between her parents relentless interrogation, and her trip to the doctor, she felt like she had been put through the ringer.

She didn't think she could handle much more. Her father didn't have anything to worry about. After everything she had been through, she had no desire whatsoever to see her older brother. He had completely abandoned her to the wolves, and she was still monumentally furious.

Quinn took the stone steps that led toward the school slowly. Once she had passed through the doors, and was away from her father's accusing eyes, her breath left her in a gust of relief. For the next few hours at least, she had a reprieve from his angry visage.

She reached her locker quickly, and tried to brush all that had happened from her mind as she focused on the combination lock. After several failed attempts to get it to open, she let out a growl of frustration, and smacked the metal door with the palm of her hand.

The sound of approaching footsteps made her turn her head. When she spotted her brother swiftly coming down the hall, her jade eyes widened, and a feeling of overwhelming panic consumed her. Abandoning her locker, she bolted.

Pausing in surprise, he was quick to rush after her. "Quinn!"

She managed to reach the end of the hall, and round the corner before he finally caught up with her. Grabbing her arm, he stopped her in her tracks, and turned her to face him. His blue eyes were filled with confusion and hurt.

"Why are you running from me?" he demanded.

Lowering her gaze, Quinn stared at the tiled floor as her mind raced. "I'm not supposed to be around you," she said quietly.

Liam's lips tightened as he looked down at her. "What did they say to you after I left?"

She began to fidget in an awkward manner as she stared off to the side. "What do you think they said?"

Frustrated that she refused to meet his eyes, Liam reached out to gently turn her towards him. His expression softened when she finally looked at him.

"Don't let them turn you against me," he entreated. "They don't understand. They're only going to fill your head with lies."

Quinn tried to look away once more, but he wouldn't allow it. "They said you need help," she admitted. "They wanted to know why I would let you do such a thing. I didn't know what to say."

A scowl entered Liam's visage. Lifting his hands to cup her face, he brushed his thumbs over her cheeks. "You don't believe that do you?"

Quinn took a shaky breath before responding. "I don't know what to believe. I never thought about what would happen if someone actually found out."

"Fuck them!" Liam spat out harshly. "It doesn't matter what they think. Don't let them brainwash you."

His eyes were pleading as he held her in his grasp. "I love you," he whispered. "Don't buy into their bullshit. They're just trying to pull us apart."

When she continued to look up at him wordlessly with a stricken expression, Liam's face grew pained. "You want this too. I know you do. You're just afraid."

His eyes searched hers relentlessly while fear filled his frame. "I need you. Don't do this to me," he begged.

Quinn's face crumbled before she pulled away from him. "I can't, Liam."

Unwilling to let go, Liam lunged forward until his mouth was pressed against hers. His eyes tightened as he unleashed the excruciating pain he was experiencing against her mouth. When she roughly pushed him away, he stumbled back a few feet in surprise.

Her eyes quickly darted down the hall to ensure that no one saw before turning to scowl at him in fury. "Don't do that," she whispered angrily. "Someone will see you."

It was as if she had slapped him. His chest rose and fell quickly, and he bit down on his lip while his brows furrowed.

He was nearing his breaking point, and rather than falling apart in front of her, he opted for making an escape. Turning away from her, he slipped around the corner of the hall, and disappeared from sight.

***

His car played sanctuary for the better part of the morning. Cranking up the radio, he let the loud rock music course through his body before taking another swig from the bottle he kept hidden in his glove compartment.

The hot liquor coursed down his throat making him burn. He couldn't feel the pain anymore. His chest no longer felt like something was crushing it. He felt good.

Tilting his head back against the seat, a small smile tilted his lips. His parents had turned on him without a word spoken between them. His guilt was set in stone in their eyes, and they would never look at him the same. He honestly didn't care. He only needed her.

Her words haunted him, and repeatedly coursed through his mind. How could she listen to such garbage? Didn't she care about him at all? She acted as if she almost believed that what their parents had said was true.

If he was such a monster then why could he still hear her moaning in his fevered mind? Why could he remember her begging him to thrust inside of her when he wouldn't give her that part of him?

She needed to be reminded that he wasn't the only one in this. She wanted him. She just hadn't accepted it yet. It was time that she did.

Throwing open the door to his car, he stepped out, and nearly fumbled over his own feet. Quickly catching himself, a small laugh escaped him. Spinning in a circle, he shoved the door closed, and rounded his car to head in the direction of the school.

Taking the steps quickly, he shoved the door open, and walked down the length of the hall until he reached the cafeteria. He could already hear the mass of voices that was coming from inside.

Reaching the doorway, his fingers lifted to the doorjamb as he peered over the crowded room in search of her. Spotting her at a table near the center of the cafeteria, he zoned in on it before entering the room to approach her.

When he placed his palms on the table before her, and leaned over it, her jade eyes widened in surprise.

"I want you to get up, and come with me right now," he told her brusquely.

Her surprise quickly turned into resentment as she scowled. "I'm not going anywhere with you," she told him pointedly.

Liam's eyes narrowed. "You're going to come with me if I have to pick you up, and fucking carry you out of here. Are you sure you want me to do that in front of all of these people?" he asked in a deceptively soft tone.

Pinching her lips together tightly, Quinn got to her feet. She refused to look at him as she rounded the table, and made her way across the cafeteria. Once they had passed through the doors, and were standing in the empty hallway, Quinn whirled to face him.

"Where are we going?" she asked angrily.

Instead of answering her, he grasped her arm in his hand, and began pulling her down the hallway. He didn't stop until he had reached the door of the music room. Ushering her inside, he quickly closed the door behind them, and locked it.

When he turned to face her, his gaze had become predatory, and Quinn quickly backed up as he advanced on her. She managed to elude him until she reached the end of the room, but the wall at her back halted her progress.

When her shoulders came into contact with it, she gasped. His large frame closed the distance between them, and his hands lifted to the wall on either side of her head before he glared down at her.

"Why are you doing this?" he asked softly.

Quinn's fearful eyes widened as she looked up into his accusing face. She wasn't sure what to say to him. Swallowing with difficulty, she looked away.

"No. Don't hide from me." Slipping his index finger along her jaw, he urged her to meet his eyes again. "This morning you were with me, and now it feels like we've never been further apart. I know it's because of them, because of what they said to you. They told you this was wrong. I know they did."

Sliding his fingers along her cheek, he brushed his thumb along her bottom lip in a slow, tantalizing caress. "Tell me it's wrong, Quinn. Tell me it's wrong when I touch you."

His blue eyes were heated as they bore into her stricken gaze. They held her captivated while he continued to stroke the soft skin of her mouth. It took her a moment to realize that she had stopped breathing, and when the thought came to her, she exhaled sharply.

Her eyes closed while she fought for strength. "Liam, it IS wrong."

Drawing closer, he lifted his other hand so that he was cupping her face. His intense blue eyes searched hers for a moment before he scowled. "It doesn't feel wrong. It feels perfect. Like you were meant for me. Can't you feel it?"

Lowering his head, his mouth pressed to hers, and urged it to part. A soft sound of distress escaped her as his tongue reached out to slide against hers. When he pulled back his blue gaze was inflamed.

"What do you feel when I do that?" he whispered.

Quinn frowned. Thinking about it for a moment, she responded hesitantly. "Overwhelmed."

Nodding, he reached up to brush the hair back from her face. "I want to try something," he told her.

When her gaze grew wary, a small laugh escaped him before he dropped his hands, and shook his head. "Calm down. It's not anything bad."

What are you going to do?" Quinn wondered quietly.

Pressing his lips together in a grim line, his brows furrowed. "Everyone has been telling you how to feel about all of this. How are you supposed to really know unless you ask yourself. So, we're going to find out."

His response brought another frown to her face. "How are we supposed to do that?"

Drawing closer, he tilted his head. Their mouths were a breath apart when he responded. "By finding out," he repeated.

His lips brushed against hers softly. It was the only part of him that was touching her. After the brief contact, he swayed slightly on his feet while his mouth hovered above hers. "How did that make you feel?" he whispered.

Quinn took a deep breath, and tried to describe the sensation. "Light headed."

Nodding in understanding, he closed the distance again. When their lips met this time, Liam urged them to open while he stifled a groan. When her tongue came out to meet his, he stroked it gently for a moment before ending the contact.

"And now?"

Quinn bit her lip while she thought. "You taste like a liquor store," she informed him. "I don't mind though."

Her answer made a laugh escape him. "You drive me crazy. You know that?"

"Sorry," she said sheepishly.

Shaking his head, he leaned in once more. When their lips met, he wrapped a strong arm around her, and pulled her up against him before he deepened the contact. His mouth became urgent, and his kiss grew hungry. By the time he broke away his breath was leaving him in ragged bursts.

"How about now?" he panted.

Her fingers were digging roughly into his shoulders when she opened her eyes. "It makes me ache when you do that," she admitted in a gasp.

"Where?" he pushed.

Quinn blushed. "You know where."

He wasn't about to relent. "Tell me," he urged hoarsely. "Tell me where."

Her cheeks heated further at his prompting. Instead of responding, she took his hand, and showed him by pressing it between her legs. When she bravely lifted her eyes to his the all consuming look of need was apparent on her face.

His fingers reflexively pressed against her. "You want me. You ache because that's your body's way of telling you that it wants me inside of it. You want me, Quinn. Why won't you admit it?"

Her green eyes grew large in her small face as she looked up at him. "You're my brother," she whispered. "I'm not supposed to want you like this."

Liam's forehead dropped to hers. It was the one thing that stood between them. The only thing. He wasn't sure if it was something they could ever overcome, but he didn't care.

Lifting his tortured blue eyes to hers his grip on her tightened. "It doesn't change the fact that you do. You want me, Quinn, and I want you. It's not going to stop. Ignoring it won't make it go away. Trust me, I've tried."

Quinn shook her head. "If we just stay away from each other..."

Liam blanched in surprise. Dropping his hands from her, he leaned back. "Is that really what you want? Would it be better if I just disappeared? If you never saw me again? Would that fix this for you?"

He was angry. It was apparent in the tight line of his jaw, and the fierce look in his eyes. "Just tell me you don't want me in your life, and I'll go. You can go back to hiding in closets with Dunham when I'm gone. I'll never bother you again."

Clucking her tongue in aggravation, Quinn's shoulders slumped. "That's not what I want."

Liam had reached the end of his patience. Running his hands through his dark hair, he fought the desire to pull it out. "Then WHAT do you WANT?"

Turning from her, he paced a few feet away before turning back. Stepping forward, he grasped onto her arms, and lowered his head so that he could peer directly into her startled green eyes.

"I know that the easy thing to do would be to just pretend like none of this ever happened. I know that you're scared. Do you really want to spend the rest of our lives ignoring the way that we feel just because it's easier? I don't want to do that, Quinn."

Quinn's face fell when she realized that it had been exactly what she had wanted. The burning ache that resided low in her stomach was a reminder of how difficult it would be to actually accomplish. She might have had a chance of withstanding all of it with his cooperation. Without it there was no hope.

"What else is there to do, Liam? No one is ever going to accept this."

Nodding in understanding, Liam's expression grew thoughtful. "You're right. No one will ever really understand. I think there might be a way that we can get around that." A small smile tilted his lips as he met her eyes. "Do you trust me?"

***

The look upon their parents face could only be described as shocked disbelief. Their mother was the first one to recover from it.

"So, you've been experiencing blackouts?"

Liam nodded quickly before lowering his gaze in shame. When he lifted his head, his blue eyes were filled with remorse as he looked from one of his parents to the other.

"I hadn't realized that it was happening until the morning that Dad found us. I was extremely confused when I woke up, and I wasn't sure what was going on."

His mother's eyes widened while his father scowled. Her mouth parted, but she seemed momentarily at a loss as to what to say.

"I know what you must be thinking, but I'm just as horrified by the situation as you are. I never meant for any of this to happen. It was the alcohol. I never would have done any of the things I did if I had been in my right mind."

Tilting his dark head, Liam gazed at Quinn with anguish in his gaze before reaching for her hand where it rested on top of the kitchen table.

"Please forgive me. I never meant to hurt you. It's the last thing that I wanted."

Quinn's eyes darted to her parents to gauge their reaction. They seemed to be waiting for her response. With a feeling of overwhelming apprehension, she turned back to her brother before clearing her throat.

"As long as you're sure that it will never happen again, I think that I can forgive you," she told him weakly.

"I swear to you," he promised vehemently. "It will never happen again. I'm done with drinking. I want to be a good person, and a good brother." Turning back towards his parents, Liam became morose. "I only hope that with time I can earn your trust back."

"Oh, sweetheart." Rising from the kitchen chair where she had been precariously perched, Liam's mother rounded the table so that she could bend down to wrap her arms around his neck to hug him.

"I knew there was a rational explanation for all of this," she whispered tearfully. "I knew my baby boy would never do something so awful."

Squeezing him tighter, she rocked on her feet as she held him while Liam lifted his hand to pat her back.

Quinn watched the display in amazement. She had no idea that her brother was such an amazing actor. Glancing towards her father, she noticed that his expression hadn't changed one iota.

His face seemed doubtful with the scowl still spread across his features. When their mother continued to clutch onto her brother, he finally spoke up in irritation.

"There's going to be some changes around here," he announced gruffly.

The loud tone of his voice finally broke them apart as their mother straightened, and turned to peer in his direction.

"You need some damn discipline. From here on out your party days are over. Do you understand me?"

When Liam swiftly nodded, he continued.

"There will be no more drinking while you live under this roof. You will go to school, and you will be inside of this house by a decent hour. I've had it up to here with you not taking anything seriously, and you are going to abide by these rules."

When Liam made no attempt to rebuke the statement, his father's mouth pressed into a firm line as he glared at him.

"You will also no longer be sleeping in the room upstairs. After everything that's happened, you need to get your head on straight. I think it would be best for everyone concerned if you relocated to the basement. Your irresponsible actions have traumatized your sister whether you're conscious of it, or not. She doesn't need to endure anymore stress by living in close quarters with you."

"Thank you, Daddy," Quinn chimed in softly.

Liam lowered his eyes to the table before nodding again. He hadn't expected that particular stipulation, but he wasn't about to look a gift horse in the mouth. When his father said nothing further, he lifted his gaze, and watched as he rose from the table before turning to exit the kitchen.