The Ache of Rapture Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Unwilling to sit in Liam's abandoned car for the entire day, she opened the door, and got out to begin the long walk that would take her there.

***

By the time she finally reached her destination, her journey had led her to the back of the school where the football field resided.

She spotted several students lounging on the bleachers, and when she happened to notice that one of them was her brother's best friend Travis, her heartbeat accelerated. If anyone would know where to find Liam, it would be him.

She was halfway across the field in her trek to reach him when the back doors to the school opened, and the junior varsity team began spilling out in order to start their practice.

With a grimace, she quickly spotted Alec Dunham amongst them, and hurried her footsteps in order to avoid a confrontation.

When she finally reached Travis he grinned at her in greeting. "What's shakin', lil momma?"

Rolling her eyes, Quinn burrowed her hands deeper into the pockets of her jacket. "Not much. Have you seen Liam?" she inquired.

His grin remained firmly in place as he responded. "Yes, I have."

"Do you know where he is?" she asked impatiently.

Lifting his hand, he shaped it into a gun, and made a clicking noise with his mouth as he pointed across the field.

Turning to peer in the direction that he indicated, Quinn's eyebrows lifted when she spotted her brother rounding the corner of the school building as he headed in their direction.

He was nearly three hundred feet away, but Quinn could easily tell that it was him. Her heart began thumping faster as he approached.

"Thanks, Travis," she said absently. Her large, jade eyes were fixated on her brother's large frame as he slowly made his way across the field.

Suddenly he paused, and turned his head sharply as someone from the football team called out to him. It was difficult to distinguish what was said, but her brother's response wasn't difficult to distinguish at all.

Lifting his hand, he rudely flipped them off before continuing on his way.

The gesture seemed to anger one of them in particularly, and he separated from the rest before approaching Liam. With a groan, Quinn saw that it was Alec Dunham.

Several harsh words were spoken between them. None of which Quinn could hear from such a far distance. Then to her shock, and dismay she watched as her brother punched the younger boy square in the face.

He crumpled to the grass like a house of cards that had been blown over. It wasn't surprising considering Quinn had heard the sound of his fist connecting with his jaw from where she stood.

What was surprising was what followed. Like a herd of angry buffalo the rest of Alec's team charged towards Liam at full stampede. Two boys crashed into him at the same time sending his unpadded frame to the ground, and before he could recover, another two landed on top of him.

Those that were surrounding him began punching, and kicking while the rest of the team circled with an eagerness to jump in.

Quinn barely had time to register her horror before she heard Travis snarl with fury. Like an enraged bull, he leapt from the bleachers, and tore across the field until he reached the huddled mass of bodies that were steadfastly kicking the living shit out of his best friend.

When he began swinging his fists in retaliation, he managed to knock three different junior varsity members off of their feet, and the rest began to back off warily in order to avoid the older boy's rage.

By the time he had pulled the last one away from Liam's immobile figure, Quinn had pulled herself from her stupor, and had rushed to their side.

Dropping to her knees beside Travis she gazed down at her brother fearfully. "Is he okay?" she gasped.

"I don't know," Travis replied grimly. Tapping the side of his face, Travis tried to rouse him. "Liam!" Tap, tap. "Liam! Open your eyes, fucker."

There was blood gushing from his mouth, and there was a thin gash on the side of his head. He remained deathly still as Travis continued to lightly tap his cheek.

"Fuck, he's not waking up," he stated nervously. "Liam!" he called out again.

Finally, a harsh groan passed from his lips as Liam squinted against the sunlight. "Quit slapping me, you dick," he groused in irritation.

Travis let out a short laugh in response. "Are you alright, man?"

"I'm lovely," he snapped. "Quit looming over me like you're going to date rape me, and help me up."

"Yeah, you're fine," Travis observed with a chuckle.

Clasping his hand into Liam's, he attempted to pull him into a sitting position, but Liam winced in pain, and quickly let go. His features contorted with agony as he clutched onto his side.

"I think one of my ribs are broken," he stated breathlessly.

Travis lifted his eyebrows in dismay. "Shit. We need to get you to a hospital. Sit tight, I'm going to get someone."

Nodding with a grimace, Liam watched him rise to his feet before he took off at a swift gait towards the building. When he was halfway to the doors, he turned around, and walked backwards while pointing a finger at the team in general.

"Anyone goes near him again, and I'm going to fucking smash their skull in when I get back," he threatened darkly.

Several of the boy's eyes widened. None of them had any intentions of going near Liam again.

A painful laugh escaped Liam, and then he began to cough. The sensation felt like knives were clawing through his torso, and a small whimper emerged from his mouth. It was then that he noticed Quinn kneeling at his hip.

Her mouth was trembling, and her pale face was streaked with tears as she looked down at him. Reaching for her hand, he pulled on it until she crawled closer to him.

His fingers lifted, and then he was brushing his thumb over her cheek to wipe away the moisture.

"Why are you crying?" he asked in a soft, confused tone.

"I thought you were dead," she whispered.

Liam's lips tilted in a self deprecating smile. "I'm alright," he reassured her. "I promise."

Shaking her head, fresh tears began to well in her sorrowful green eyes. "No, you're not. They hurt you." Expelling a sharp breath, her entire frame wilted. "I hurt you."

Liam attempted to shake his head, but his pain was clearly visible despite his attempt to hide it. His blue eyes were stripped bare, and vulnerable.

Dropping his hand, he tried to turn away, but Quinn wouldn't let him. Leaning over him, she clasped onto the sides of his face, and lowered her mouth until her lips were pressed against his.

When he parted them in surprise, she deepened the kiss so that her tongue swept through the warm cavern of his mouth in search of his.

A light sound of enjoyment hummed from his mouth into hers, and then Quinn pulled back so that she could look into his eyes.

"The entire football team is watching us," he stated in warning.

Quinn smirked in response. "So, let them watch." Leaning down again she kissed him even more passionately than the time before. By the time she pulled away, Liam was gasping helplessly.

His blue eyes were filled with confusion, and fear. "Why are you doing this?" he choked out.

Her fingers brushed over his cheek in a light caress as she smiled down at him. "Because you're my brother, and I love you."

His brows furrowed at her response. He wasn't quite sure what to make of that.

"I want to spend the rest of my life loving you. You're mine, Liam."

His entire frame stilled where he lay, and then his mouth moved wordlessly for a moment. A shuddering breath left him, and then he peered up at his sister with a glimmer of hope in his blue eyes.

"I love you, Quinn," he breathed.

"I love you more, Liam."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanx to everyone for all of the amazing feedback on Part 1. I hope Part 2 was concluded to your satisfaction. I know it was a long wait, and I appreciate the patience. - T.M.