All Comments on 'The Beach Getaway'

by EroticaSeanStyle

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Interesting

The writing on the story is good, don’t get me wrong, but it’s always interesting to me when I read a story and come away not liking its characters. Sort of how I’ve felt every time I’ve read a John Grisham novel. And maybe that was by design? Only the author could say for sure. ;)

A couple quotes:

“She had a body that many men would be sworn to protect at all costs, yet she couldn't understand for the life of her why her boyfriend was swerving from that duty.”

“Women were looking at her with loathing; she was far more attractive then they were and would undoubtably receive more attention. Men were looking at her with longing; any one of them would be lucky to be in her company for five minutes. But none of them received glances in return.”

“He wasn't shifting his head toward her after every play, and she thought that was decent of him; she hated show-off guys.”

This woman is full of herself. Maybe I’m just getting old, but no matter how pretty she might be on the outside, the quotes shared above make her flat-out ugly. It’s probably a good thing that in real life we can’t hear what another person’s thoughts are. Sworn to protect a body? No, I’ll protect the one I love irrespective of her body. Lucky to be in her company? Wow, that’s pretty arrogant. And he's not a show-off guy? Evidently it’s okay for her to 'show off'… but not for him. And somehow it’s “virtuous” of him to not look at what she freely displays. At least not every single play. Wow, what an upstanding guy. I'm guessing this is a virtue only if he’s a ‘good looking’ guy she's interested in. Perish the thought that an ugly guy mistakenly looks her direction. Now that would be downright creepy! I don’t know if it was the author’s intent or not, but this story made me not like this woman. Maybe she looks good on the outside, but she's of unattractive character on the inside.

One more quote:

“He wasn't taking in the beauty of her body, but the beauty of her soul.”

This one made me laugh. Then again, he's not the first man to be blinded by this lie.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous