The Big Time Pt. 07

Story Info
JLH & Cameron Diaz reward Michael; Ali surprises Katie.
18.2k words
4.62
45.3k
6

Part 7 of the 10 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 12/26/2002
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Standard Disclaimer:

You must be 18 to read this story, be able to read erotica in your community, not be offended by the contents of it...you know the rest.

This story may NOT be distributed freely, for commercial or non-commercial use.

This work is complete fiction; celebs don't act like this in real life...probably.

Any copyrighted names, works, or whatever are products of their respective owners.

Comments and suggestions are welcome and wanted. Please send any thoughts you may have.

Chapter 7: The Premiere

6:41 pm. Friday, June 6. Mann Bruin Theater. Los Angeles, California.

A group of young teenage girls screamed and pointed at Michael and Love. Michael smiled and waved but the group completely ignored him. Love walked over to them, pulling Michael along. She shook hands with a few of them and signed a few autographs while Michael stood a step behind with his hands clasped behind his back. He turned and scanned the crowd of people on the red carpet. There were some famous faces but none as cute as Kirsten's or as sultry as Eliza's. Michael sighed with relief and turned back to watch Love.

"Can I take my picture with you?!" asked one of the girls. Love nodded and the girl posed excitedly next to her.

"Oh my god! Look! It's Freddie Prinze, Jr.!" shrieked another.

Their attention diverted, Love stepped back next to Michael. "How do you handle stuff like that?" asked Michael.

"You get used to it," said Love. She looked over her shoulder and saw Sarah with her husband Freddie. "Sarah!" she called out. Michael adjusted his tie and stood up extra straight. Sarah's first impression of Michael was not very pleasant but they had obviously settled their differences.

"Hi Love," said Sarah as she and Freddie walked up to them. Sarah looked at Michael. "You're here?"

"You know this guy?" said Freddie. Sarah nodded.

"You do?" asked Love.

Freddie extended his hand. "Hi, I'm Freddie Prinze, Jr."

Michael shook it. Apparently Freddie could not recognize Michael's face when it was not covered in bruises. "I know. I've seen few of your movies. My name is Michael."

"Oh really? Which ones?" asked Freddie. Michael cleared his throat. He had never had the stomach to sit all the way through one of Freddie's movies and remembering titles was like remembering the specific dates he had went to the dentist.

"How do you know Mike?" interjected Love.

"I met him through Eliza," said Sarah. She eyed Michael. "Why is he here?"

"He's my escort," said Love.

"Oh. How nice," said Sarah. She pulled Love to the side, leaving Michael to his own defenses against Freddie. "He hasn't tried anything has he?"

"Nope. I'm kinda hoping he will," said Love as she glanced over at Michael looking very uncomfortable talking to Freddie.

"If he does, tell me all about it, okay?"

"Of course, you know I always do," said Love.

"Be careful too, I don't want you to get hurt or anything."

"What do you mean?" asked Love. "He's not crazy or anything is he?"

"Oh no, no he's not." Sarah saw Michael and Freddie walking over to them and leaned in closer to Love. "I meant muscle pulls, rug burn, things like that," said Sarah with a wicked smile.

Love's jaw dropped in shock. "What?"

"I'll tell you about it later."

"You are so bad!"

"Hey Love, I think they want more pictures," said Michael.

"Okay. I'll see you after the movie Sarah," said Love. Sarah smiled and nodded at Michael and walked off with Freddie. Love hooked her arm around Michael's. Sarah's little innuendo made Michael even more intriguing. "Let's really give them a reason to take a picture." She reached up and put her arm around Michael's neck.

"Huh?" said Michael. Love pulled him down and kissed him on the lips. The number of flashbulbs popping doubled. "What was that for?"

"Just for being a gentleman," said Love.

After a few more minutes of posing they entered the theater. "So do they actually show the movie?" asked Michael.

"Yeah, but they have to wait for all the A-listers first. Let's go mingle," said Love. They went around shaking hands with movie industry people, mostly low level producers and directors. Michael met a few celebrities like Jason Biggs and Katherine Heigl. He saw Ali Larter enter the lobby of the theater with Katie Holmes.

"Will you excuse me for a sec Love?" asked Michael. He walked over Katie and Ali. "Hi Katie."

"Hey Mike," said Katie. They hugged each other. "This is Ali Larter. Ali, this is Mike."

"Hi," said Michael. "We spoke on the phone right?"

"Yeah we did, right Katie?" said Ali as they shook hands. Katie jabbed her with her elbow. She whispered to Katie, "THIS is the guy? What were you thinking?"

"Shut up," whispered Katie back. She looked back at Michael. "So where's Jennifer Love Hewitt? I want to see how tall she is."

"She's just over there," said Michael. He waved Love over. "Where's your date?"

"I'm right here," said Ali.

Michael cocked his head at Katie. "I thought we agreed on someone uglier than me."

"She's shorter," offered Katie.

"What are you guys talking about?" asked Ali.

Love made her way to the group and stood next to Michael. "Hi," she said to Katie and Ali.

"Nice to see you again Jennifer," said Katie.

"Likewise," said Ali.

"Yeah, it's been a while," said Love. "And call me Love." She hooked her arm with Michael's again, much to Katie's displeasure.

"So Mike," said Katie as she eyeballed Love. "How was the first trip down the red carpet?"

"Not as bad as I thought it was going to be," said Michael as he glanced down at Love and then back at Katie.

"Most things aren't," said Ali. She noticed Love's closeness to Michael too. "Say, Mike, how come you didn't come with your girlfriend?"

"Simon got to me before Katie did," said Michael. "He set it up." Love looked at Katie who had crossed her arms across her chest.

Love blushed in embarrassment and let go of Michael's arm. "I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"I'm sure Michael must have mentioned it," said Katie.

Love looked at Michael. He looked like a deer in headlights. "Oh he did, he did. He's just such a charming guy." Katie glared at Michael. "But he's not charming, no, he's nice but, he uh, never made a move or anything, yeah," said Love quickly.

"Right," said Ali with a touch of sarcasm. "I'm going to the ladies room."

"I'll go with you," said Love. She followed Ali.

"Nothing happened, we just talked," said Michael.

"Right," said Katie. "Would you excuse me? I have to use the restroom too."

Michael let out a small sigh. "No problem," he said. He looked around for a friendly face or someone he knew. Finding neither, Michael slowly made his way to the wall and set up camp.

Katie found the bathroom and walked in. Love was fixing herself up in the mirror while Ali was in one of the stalls. She walked right behind Love and then to the side of her. "Um, hi Katie."

"Just how 'charming' was Michael?" asked Katie.

"He's a very nice guy," said Love. "You're very lucky."

"How nice?" said Katie.

"I don't know, nice, not much else to say." said Love. "We just rode in a limousine and talked for a little while."

"The last time Katie was in a limo with Mike they did more than talk," said Ali from inside the stall.

"Shut up Ali," said Katie. "You didn't try anything did you?"

Love became annoyed. "What? I just met him. What do you think I am?"

"Oh I don't know," said Katie sarcastically. "A slut?"

"What is your problem?" asked Love as she turned towards Katie. "I don't have sex in limousines with guys I just met. Unlike some people apparently."

"Ooh, are you going to take that from her Katie?" said Ali, still in the stall.

"Like you could if you wanted to," fired Katie.

"Please," said Love as she put her lipstick back in her purse. "Like he wouldn't want a ride in a

Porsche after driving a Pinto."

"Ouch!" said Ali.

"Jesus, Ali would you shut up?" said Katie. "You know what Love? Give your 'ride' to someone else. Stay away from him." She turned her back and left the bathroom.

Love put her hands on her hips. She hated fighting with people. Anger was not suited to her usually sunny demeanor. "That Porsche crack was pretty funny," said Ali. Love narrowed her eyes and looked back at the stall. She would have retorted if she did not have to find and apologize to Katie. Love picked up her purse and walked out of the bathroom.

The crowd in the theater was steadily growing larger. Katie stood on her toes as she looked around for Michael. Love spotted her and walked up behind her. "Katie, I'm sorry for what I said, I didn't mean it. I hate getting off on the wrong foot with people. I don't want you to be angry with me."

Katie turned around. "I'm not angry at you Jennifer."

"Please, call me Love."

"Fine, Love," said Katie. "I'm sure you understand my position."

"Absolutely," said Love. "Katie, really, nothing happened. We made small talk and posed for a few pictures." She suddenly remembered the kiss she had given him. "Oh yeah. Um. There's one little, teeny thing."

"What is it?" asked Katie.

"Um, I gave him a little peck."

"What?" asked Katie suspiciously.

"It was just a tiny little kiss, it was nothing!" insisted Love. "It was just a spur of the moment type thing, it was meaningless!"

Katie turned around in disgust and began looking for Michael again. "I'm gonna kill him."

"Oops," said Love to herself.

Michael was content to stand against the wall and eyeball the faces walking around the room. He spotted Anna Faris, Gretchen Mol, and Kate Bosworth among the people milling about. Michael was so busy ogling the crowd that he did not notice the attractive blonde heading straight for him.

"Well well well look at the sharp dressed man."

Michael stopped looking. He blinked slowly as he turned his head to address the voice. "Thanks Elisha. You're too kind."

"So how's your life going? Good?" asked Elisha sarcastically.

"What do you care?"

Elisha touched her chest in mock outrage. "Why Mike of course I care. But I know someone who doesn't."

"Good for you."

"But not good for you."

"Elisha what is your problem? You got what you wanted. Why don't you just leave me alone?" said Michael.

"Well duh, that's no fun."

"I'm not here to be your fucking entertainment," said Michael as he looked around for Katie.

"On the contrary," said Elisha. "You wouldn't like me crying rape after the way you treated me last week."

Michael snapped his eyes back on Elisha. "What did you say?"

"You heard me," said Elisha. "Now dance!" She laughed at him.

Michael grabbed her arm and pulled her over to an unoccupied corner of the theater. "What the hell are you talking about? I didn't rape you."

"That would be up for debate, wouldn't it?"

"No it wouldn't because I didn't rape you. You threw yourself at me."

"You wish," said Elisha. She put a terrified expression on her face. "I don't know why I didn't come forward before, I thought he was going to hurt me again. It was so scary!"

The performance was enough to scare Michael into letting go of Elisha's arm for fear of giving her more ammunition. "You're insane. Stay away from me."

"No no stay away from me!" cried out Elisha. "Someone help me!" Michael backed away and walked off quickly. Elisha laughed to herself.

As he was hurrying through the crowd he bumped into Mila Kunis. "Oh excuse me," said Michael without looking up.

"Hi Mike!" said Mila.

"Oh. Hi Mila," said Michael. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, how are you?"

"Better," lied Michael.

"Better?"

"I mean good. I'm fine," said Michael. "Have you seen Katie Holmes anywhere?"

"Yeah I think so," said Mila. "She's just over there." Mila pointed out over the crowd.

"Thanks," said Michael as he walked away.

Mila continued shaking hands and making small talk when Elisha approached her. "Hi Elisha, I thought you weren't coming."

"My plans for tonight fell through, so I decided to come," said Elisha. "You wouldn't happen to have seen Michael Torbin around, have you?"

"Michael? Yeah I just talked to him," said Mila. "What do you want with him?"

"Do you know where he went?" asked Elisha.

"He said he was looking for Katie Holmes."

"Oh really?" The wheels turned in Elisha's head. "I guess I'll find him later then. Who did you come with?"

Michael found Katie looking around with Love standing behind her, trying to talk to her. "Is something wrong Katie?" asked Michael.

"Yes!" snapped Katie. "You kissed her?!"

"What?" exclaimed Michael.

"How could you kiss her?!"

Love stepped between them. "Hold on Katie, look he didn't do anything. It was just a tiny little hello type kiss!"

"Love, what did you say to her?" asked Michael.

"She said enough," interjected Katie. "Is our relationship meaningless to you?!"

"I just said that I gave you a little kiss," said Love sheepishly.

Katie pushed Love out of the way. "How could you do that?"

"Katie, it was nothing. You're making too big a deal out of this!"

"What's going on?" asked Ali as she approached the group.

"Nothing," said Katie, fuming. "Let's go sit down." She turned her back to Michael and walked away quickly. Ali jogged to catch up.

"Thanks Love," said Michael exasperatedly. "Thanks a lot."

"I'm sorry Mike," said Love as she looked at the floor. She felt terrible now.

"It's okay, it's not your fault," said Michael. "I should've told you I was involved with someone. Boy is she going to love it when she sees the picture."

Love looked up at him. "She's going to hate it."

"I know," said Michael. "I'm a little surprised how she reacted." Shocked was more like it. Katie looked as furious as she did when she found out what Eliza had done to him.

"If you don't want to sit next to me-"

"No Love, of course I still want to sit next to you," said Michael. "I think I should let her cool off anyway."

"Okay," said Love. "Um, the movie is going to start soon. Do you want popcorn or anything? My treat."

"No thanks. I'd be too afraid of making a mess of these clothes," said Michael. "They're not even mine."

Love giggled. "I know how you feel." They walked side by side into the screening room, Love keeping her hands to herself.

8:51 pm.

Katie rushed out of the theater just before the credits began to roll. She was not able to enjoy the movie at all. Instead of letting her eyes glaze over and absorb the loud noises and colorful vehicles, she brooded over the kiss Love shared with Michael. Every time Ali tried to whisper some wisecrack about Paul Walker to her, Katie seemed to get more irritated. She knew that Ali just wanted to make her feel better but silly jokes were not what she wanted.

"Katie, hold on," said Ali as she stopped Katie outside the theater near the limousines. "Where are you going?"

"Home, Ali. I'm not in the mood for a party."

"Okay. I'll go with you," said Ali.

"I'd rather be alone Ali," said Katie.

"Oh come on Katie, don't tell me you've outgrown badmouthing guys with your friends."

Katie scratched her head. "No. I haven't." The driver opened the door to the limousine and Katie stepped inside.

"Great!" said Ali. She pulled her cell phone out of her pocket. "Time to call in the troops."

Katie's hand reached out and grabbed Ali's hand. "No reinforcements, please?"

"Aww come on," whined Ali. Katie shook her head. "Fine."

The lights slowly brightened in the theater. A thumping techno beat was pumped through the theater's sound system as the screen faded to black. 2 Fast 2 Furious was enjoyable if nonsensical and mindless. Michael and Love were sitting fairly close to the screen. He turned his head and saw that only half of the pre-show crowd had stayed to watch the film. Love noticed him examining the crowd.

"People mostly come to be seen," said Love. "They leave as soon as the press leaves."

"So that means no cameras and shrieking teenagers as we're walking out?"

"You got it," said Love.

"Thank god," said Michael. He inspected the remaining crowd for Katie or Ali, but they had apparently already left. "Guess Katie is already gone." Michael dialed Katie's cell phone but got the voicemail. "I don't suppose you know Ali Larter's cell phone number?"

"Nope. Sorry," said Love.

Michael sighed. "She probably doesn't want to see me anyway."

They stood in the aisle for a few awkward seconds. "Going to the post-premiere party?" asked Love.

"Party?"

"Yeah, it's the party the studio holds after one of their big ticket movie opens. It's at some club in downtown LA," said Love. "Maybe that's where Katie is."

He had nothing better to do tonight and Katie's odd jealousy was making him think twice about their relationship. "Open bar?"

Love laughed. "Yep."

"I'm there."

9:23 pm. Twilo.

Twilo was a posh, newly constructed club. It was high quality, high class, and packed to the brim with people. Michael and Love entered the VIP section where most of the movie industry people were hanging out. Love spotted Sarah sitting at a private booth on a half-circle leather couch along with her husband, Emma Caulfield and Amy Acker. The music was loud enough that Love had to shout to get Sarah's attention.

"Hey Sarah!" said Love.

"Hey Love!" said Sarah. "Hi Mike."

"Sarah," said Michael as he nodded at her.

Freddie saw the way they looked at each other and became suspicious. "What's up Mike?" said Freddie.

"Not much Freddie," said Michael without looking at him.

"Mike, this is Amy Acker and Emma Caulfield," said Sarah. "Guys, this is Michael Torbin."

"Hi, nice to meet you," said Amy.

"Hello," said Emma.

"Mind if we join you?" asked Love.

"Not at all," said Sarah. She nudged Freddie to move over.

"Honey, there's not enough room, quit pushing," said Freddie. Sarah continued to slide over, eventually leaving Freddie with about six inches of leather to sit on.

"Pile in," said Sarah.

Michael sat down and Love squeezed in next to him. He was sandwiched between her and Emma, with Amy, Sarah, and Freddie rounding out the other side. A waitress stopped by and dropped off six glasses of champagne. Love asked her for a Diet Pepsi.

"You don't like champagne either?" asked Michael.

"Love doesn't like alcohol at all," said Sarah.

"Really?" asked Emma.

"That's not true!" said Love. "I like alcohol just fine. I just can't hold it very well."

"Well then send that glass over here," said Emma. "Amy will down it for you."

"No I won't!" said Amy. "This is already my third one. You drink it."

"Come on Love," said Emma, who had already finished her glass. "This isn't strong stuff, you can handle one glass."

"Love isn't kidding," said Sarah. "You don't want to see how giggly she can get after a couple drinks."

"I wanna see how giggly she gets," said Michael. "Just one drink?"

"You sound just like the guy she lost her virginity to," said Sarah. The group laughed as Love kicked her from under the table. "OW!"

"Shut up Sarah!" said Love. She looked at Michael. "I don't like champagne."

"Fine," said Emma. "Hey Freddie, how about getting us some drinks from the bar?"

"The waitress will be around again soon," said Freddie.

"Oh come on Freddie," said Sarah. "I don't want to wait for her."

He sighed audibly. "Fine, what do you guys want?" asked Freddie.

"You know what I like," said Sarah.

"Nothing for me," said Amy.

"Get me a Black Russian and a Long Island Iced Tea for the lightweight," said Emma. "Mike?"

"Screwdriver." Freddie walked off. "Actually, hold on." Freddie stopped. "Make it a Budweiser."

"What's a screwdriver?" asked Love.

"A tool," said Emma.

"Vodka and orange juice," said Michael. He then turned to Emma. "That was so weak."