The Big Time Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No, of course not!" snapped Katie. "That's not even possible!"

"Well..."

"Look, I was confused. I didn't know what was going on until it was over. But like I said, that doesn't matter," said Katie. She sat back down on the stool and put her head in her hands. "I can't believe she never told me. I just can't believe that."

Katie looked sad. Things she had taken for granted were all turning on her. It was like finding out Santa Claus had turned into a gorgeous woman with a vastly different concept of "giving." Michael put his hand on her shoulder and squeezed as he tried to empathize with her. But he could not understand why she felt so betrayed. He would be weirded out if he found out one of his friends was gay, but not to the point where he would abandon him simply because he was gay.

"I don't know Ali very well Katie, but I don't think what happened last night was meant to hurt you," said Michael. "And if you did enjoy it, which maybe you didn't, I don't think that's something you can dismiss so easily."

Katie looked up at him. "What?"

"Look, we were running pretty hot there for a while. Maybe this is a sign we should slow down a bit, you know?"

"Slow down? You mean you don't want be around me anymore? It's over?" asked Katie.

"It means that the issues between you and Ali are something you have to figure out on your own," said Michael. "I can't help you."

"What about us?"

"As it happens Katie, we're going to have a cool down period whether we want one or not," said Michael. "I have business to take care of. In Maryland."

Katie stood up. "When are you leaving?"

"Tonight."

"So you're just gonna pick up and leave? In the middle of all this?"

"I didn't plan on leaving so suddenly." Michael paused. Katie raised her eyebrows at the silence. "I guess that's a bit oxymoronic isn't it? Anyway, an opportunity presented itself earlier than I thought it would and I can't pass it up. Katie, I will come back. When I do we'll figure out how much further we can go together."

She sighed. "I guess I have no right to object."

Michael took her hand and held it between his. "Don't blame Ali for the way she feels about you," said Michael. He smiled slightly. "Otherwise you might have to get rid of me too."

Katie looked into his eyes for a long second. "So I'll be seeing you then?"

"Count on it Katie." Michael stepped away and left the kitchen, heading towards the front door. There was no way he could tell her what had happened to him the night before. He could not give her another truckload of crap to deal with. If the two of them broke up, it would hardly even be considered a break up. More of a weeklong one night stand. But losing a good friend is something one might never get over. Somewhere down the road he might tell her but for now, he had more important things to take care of. He backed out of Katie's driveway and tapped a speed dial on his cell phone.

"Hello?"

"Simon, I'm leaving LA and I've got a couple things I need you to do for me."

Chapter 8 coming soon.

-Please send any comments you may have.