All Comments on 'The Choices of Evelyn Ch. 19-21'

by angiquesophie

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
LaRascasseLaRascasseover 5 years ago
Further down the rabbit hole

Enjoying the ride so far. Unrelenting bleak and starkly terrifying. The characters are on a ruinous spiral with no escape. Will someone from Evelyn/Eva's past make a reappearance and save her? Only time will tell.

DukeofPaducahDukeofPaducahabout 1 month ago

I must applaud this author’s prodigious effort. I consider this tale to be the equivalent polar opposite of ‘The Greatest Story Ever Told.’ The author uses extreme characters and actions to examine the vagaries of a BDSM lifestyle. I know this is an extreme version of fantasy. In reality, I’m told this practice is much more about the assumption and relinquishment of power. And it’s a hobby. There are a goodly number of devotees to this genre. It has its own category here. There must be more to it. I just fail to see the attraction.

I can say I begin to understand it yet struggle to accept it. Viewed in terms of gain vs loss, the cost is just too high for me. Gains are a turbocharged sexuality and abdication of responsibility for consequences, while losses are dignity, free will and human potential. It’s like cracking open a watermelon, eating the heart and discarding the rest or slaughtering millions of bison, taking only the hides and tongues. It feels like a wanton squandering of humanity.

One answer I had been seeking concerning this lifestyle was the motivation of a dom. Why would a person inflict such indignity and humiliation on another? Major insight was revealed by the class of participants during the gathering with the giant Nubian wiener. They do it because it reinforces their self-image of superiority. They do it because they feel entitled. Most simply put, they do it because they can. Thank you so much for this. It’s been nagging at me for a while.

I’m not a strict adherent to the veracity of Bible stories, but this story goes a long way to explain why God felt the need to vaporize Sodom and Gomorrah and bring on the Great Flood.

Characters like Zelda, M and Sandro’s grandmother still fictionally infuriate me. I’d like to fictionally infest them all with the mold that paralyzes the nervous system while slowly ingesting their nutrients.

“That’s all I’ve got to say about that.” — Forrest Gump

Oh God said to Abraham, “Kill me a son”

Abe says, “Man, you must be puttin’ me on”

God says “No.” Abe says “What?”

God says, “You can do what you want Abe, but

The next time you see me comin’ you better run”

Well Abe says, “Where do you want this killin’ done?”

God says, “Out on Highway 61” — Bob Dylan — Highway 61 Revisited

angiquesophieangiquesophieabout 1 month agoAuthor

Thanks for your insights, Duke

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userangiquesophie@angiquesophie
42 years ago I was born near Brussels, the Belgian capital. Since my 15th birthday I live in Amsterdam, where I own a small fashion atelier. We specialize in custom designed corsets and assessories that cater to the exclusive tastes of a wealthy, discreet clientele with a cert...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES