The Conner Family Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Rugrat60
Rugrat60
106 Followers

Ken soon felt Jen's breathing become slow and steady. He knew she was asleep. They had slept like this much of the time while she recovered. It was the only way she would sleep, the only way she felt safe. They never did anything beyond her holding his hand. It had never crossed his mind to do anything with Jen, even towards the end of his stay when she was feeling better. Then there was that day when her parents came down that second time. And it had been time for him to return home.

He remembered that it was a long lonely trip back home. He had gotten her a cell phone and gave it to her as a parting gift. They talked several times each day. He even adjusted his schedule around hers so he never missed when she called.

Ken thought of how lucky he was and how much in love he was with Jen, and he remained awake for just a while longer, thinking of how fortunate to have someone like Jen in love with him and willing to share her life with him.

"I love you, Jen," he whispered.

He laid there, holding her hand, watching her breath, until he too fell asleep, in the soft glow of the blinking Christmas lights.

*** *** *** *** ***

The news was playing softly on the TV.

Sharon looked over at Brian.

He was sound asleep he had not lasted through the whole movie.

Sharon got up and got an extra blanket and covered him.

She then went to the small room next door. Her craft room. She went to the closet and unlocked the safe and took out the top folder. It contained, she knew the transplant testing results for the entire family when they were all tested in case Jen needed a kidney. She looked down the results of the first two pages. They were an excellent match for a donation Jennifer and Kenneth. No one else in the family even came close to being an acceptable match. Jen and Ken's results were close enough that they appeared to be from the same family and that of close siblings.

She sighed. We always thought this was possible.

Sharon glanced at the time. It was only 9:42 PM. She picked up her cell phone and speed dialed. "Hi Karen. ... Their all asleep. Brian fell asleep during the movie. ... You should have heard Jen laughing tonight. ... Like the old days. ... Yeah, she sounded good. ... Of course they are together. Did you expect anything else? ... I think your ring really helped them accept that we are all okay with this. ... Of course I'll let them stay here. ... As long as they want. That file. ... Yeah, that one. ... I am bringing it over tomorrow. ... Rather have it with you. ... No reason for them to stumble on it. ... Or learn what it means. ... They are both smart enough to figure that out. ... Sounds like the kids are still up. ... Yep. Typical Christmas Eve. ... You what? ... They did? ... Sounds like a Conner plan to me. ... See you tomorrow. All of us. The whole family again."

The End

"A Gift On Christmas Eve"

The Conner Family -- Ch 01

Rugrat60
Rugrat60
106 Followers