The Devil's Bull

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

= = = = =

The two detectives stood with the owner of the diner taking his statement. "No, I don't know how he got in here," the man said. "The front door to the party room has been locked for years. I don't even have a key to it anymore, but somehow he opened it."

A medical examiner walked up to the pair of detectives. "His name is Doctor David Richardson. He's a shrink. Nobody in his office has any idea why he was here. He left work early day before yesterday complaining of indigestion. It looks like maybe he had a massive heart attack while he was driving by and got disoriented. He pulled over to the curb and came in here for some reason. From the looks of it, he just walked in, seated himself at this table, and sat there quietly until he died."

He paused and then asked, "Since there's no signs of foul play, and no apparent crime committed other than possible trespassing, why are two detectives checking out what is very likely a death from natural causes?"

"Chief thinks something is hinky," answered one of the detectives. "The Doc told his secretary he was going out to a club downtown last night with a patient to help her over her fears. Only problem is that there is no such club and no such patient and his medical records clerk, a Deborah Wilson, is also missing."

"Unless something else comes up," said the other detective, "I think this one is going into the 'Weird-Shit-That-Happens-at-Halloween' file."

All three laughed as they followed the ME's cart out the door. "Yeah," said the ME. "We've got one of those files too. Nobody in our office got the day off yesterday or today, and probably won't tomorrow. Too much weird shit happens on Halloween."

He laughed again as he and his assistant maneuvered the Gurney into the back of his vehicle. "It's a damned big file, too," he said. "Good thing Halloween only comes once a year."

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

END OF STORY

Please remember to vote

by clicking on one of the stars at the end of the story.

If you really liked it, click 5.

If you really hated it, click 1, but please click something.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =