All Comments on 'The Dinner'

by Wingwalker69

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Where is mum, really?

You seem to have changed your plot part way through - mum is with her boyfriend but then she died six months earlier. Otherwise a potentially interesting story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Lost us

So Mom died and then moved in with her boyfriend before the picnic but just a few weeks ago ?

Right ?

Not badly written ,

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Did you get interupted whilst writing this story?

"And that was when his father Greg, had come to tell him the sad news that he and his sons mother were splitting and in fact she had moved out the night before to her new boyfriend's house."

"... I didn't think I could last that long, I haven't had anyone since my wife died."

So, when did she die??

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
His wife died

for HIM, when she moved out. That was his way of coping with heartbreak. And that was the easiest story to tell his son, since it's clear the mother had decided to forget her child. We know she didn't really die.

That was perfectly clear to me from the story. There was no change part-way through. It's a pity so many Lit readers are so attuned to the crap that appears on this site, that they can't understand a proper story when they read it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
a teacher

a teacher in a open marriage , doing students fathers. wonder if married fathers

are fair game too.. her job is gone if she is turned in to the school board.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
You need someone

to read your stories for continuity. The wife left for her new boyfriend - The wife died. Other issues also including that the dinner was Friday night and she would see him at school tomorrow? I know prep schools have classes 6 days a week, but I've never heard of a grammar school having 6-day school weeks. However, despite those glitches, it was an enjoyable story.

redlion75redlion75over 10 years ago

for those of you that knew it from the story i say bull shit. how can she move out and the son not know? she did it when he was in bed on the other hand how could she die and he not know? it does make a difference as far as whether she can show back up when the new boyfriend dumps her.i also dont think he would be too happy to find out that he just fucked a married woman if his wife was sleeping around.

redlion75redlion75over 10 years ago

also was it 6mos or 6wks

NekoNekoNekoNekoover 10 years ago
dankie!

Haha, wingwalker69 you are either South African or have spent time in SA, because only we South Africans use the word 'braai'

Nicely done!

(For those of you who don't know, a braai is a barbecue)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous