The Ebony Alpha Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She worried about her mate and stayed close. He didn't need to shoulder his burden alone and she would make sure to funnel peace his way through their mate's bond.

The Elder's plan to rectify the missed Blood Moon had been put into action twenty-five years ago and now it was about to come to fruition. They had allowed two couples to be recipients of the eggs of Louisa Metairie.

They wanted to make sure another Fiery One would be born to make up for her failure to mate with the Dupac heir.

The possibility of multiple births was great with an IVF procedure, and they awaited the results with excitement. When they found out that only three children had been conceived, and that only one was a female they were greatly disappointed.

She had been targeted while still in the womb, but she had survived. They had never found out who had tried to kill the O'Hara couple, but they were not stupid enough to think it was over.

Someone did not want the Blood Moon Prophecy to be fulfilled, and they were on high alert for the coming ceremony.

Fabio Marconi looked at his friends and smiled. He reminded people of the typical Italian male and he did not try to change that opinion. It only added to his reputation as a ruthless adversary.

Fabio was an enforcer for the Elder Council, and had been successful in every assignment he had been given except one. He had not been able to find the rogue wolves that had attacked Joseph and Katelyn O'Hara.

It was the bane of his existence and he wouldn't rest until he found the culprits. He had combed the crime scene with a fine toothed comb and had DNA and blood samples from both of the wolves that had attacked the O'Hara couple.

But he really didn't need any of those things because he had their scent imbedded in his mind.

He knew without a shadow of a doubt if he ever ran into that scent again he would know it immediately.

Time was on his side, criminals always returned to the scene of the crime and he was counting on these fools to do the same.

****

Joe hadn't felt so at ease in many years. The progress at the Chambers Compound was going nicely and no one had panicked when he decided it was time for him to leave.

He didn't tell anyone that he wasn't sure if he was going to make Tyler Texas his home, but he would make that decision with Louisa.

He wondered what Louisa was doing and hoped she would still be glad to have him at her side. There were going to be many important Weres attending the ceremony and he felt his nerves began to surface.

Joe leaned back and relaxed in his first class seat. He had let himself splurge and it felt good to do something good for himself for a change. He was going to have to start getting used to the better things in life, because he wanted to give only the best to Louisa.

It felt weird to be returning to Dakota after all these years, twenty one years to be exact. He was happy that this time he didn't have to worry about working for Remy Sandorian or his partner Carlotta Guyon.

When he thought back on that time he was lucky to be alive. All hell had broken loose when Remy decided to attack a couple who he thought had found the Luna Stone.

Carlotta had been hell bent on having it and was using Remy to help her. In return she was helping him become powerful among the Were community.

The couple they targeted were "diggers" or amateur archeologists who searched for urban legends in their free time. Carlotta swore that the stone was a great source of magical power and would give them an edge.

Joe was along as their security and driver; he didn't have a clue how ruthless his new Alpha was.

The man and woman had left their dig sight in a hurry and Carlotta was sure it was because they had found the stone.

Remy decided to attack them as they were sleeping and take the stone. Joe kept his mouth shut, he had seen that the woman was pregnant and eased his conscious since Remy didn't say he planned to kill them.

As Remy tore the door off of the small camper, screams filled the night. Joe watched as lights came on throughout the campsite and he knew he had to pull Remy out of there.

He hurried around to the back of the camper and knocked out the windshield. He saw the man and woman as they lay bleeding on the floor and so was Remy. He had been shot by one of the campers.

Joe pulled him out of the camper and hauled ass. He got them back to their hotel and laid Remy on the bed. Carlotta was cursing under her breath and began making arrangements for them to leave town.

One by one small buck shots popped out of Remy as his body expelled them in healing. They were real silver and Joe wondered why these people were using silver bullets.

Joe hadn't really known Remy's history when he and his brothers had joined him a few years earlier, but now that he did he felt like such a fool.

He should have known that Remy was trouble from the start, but he was trying to find a place for him and his brothers and hadn't listened to his instincts.

That was a long time ago and he remembered thinking that if he never saw North Dakota again it would be too soon. He looked at his arm and rubbed the scar that he had gotten from breaking the windshield. It should have healed but for some reason it never had.

Well that was in the past and he wanted it to stay that way. As far as he was concerned; that night was gone just like Remy.

It was funny how life had a way of catching up with you, because here he was voluntarily going back to North Dakota again. But he would go to the ends of the Earth if Louisa asked him too, and he was sure she would do the same for him.

****

Thanks for reading and voting!