The Gentle Cowboy Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Desperate, Daisy spoke the only truth she knew, "Anything, Jake. Anything."

Smiling like the cat that got the cream, Jake sat back in his chair and murmured, "Would you do anything? Truly, Daisy Maze?" Holding her gaze, "Then you'll have to marry me Dais. If you want to save your home from the McKean Devil," he said the whispered small-town nickname with a half-smile, "then you're going to have to tie yourself to the beast."

Daisy felt like her mouth was going to drop open at any second and knew that she would have a damn-hard time closing it.

This was some kind of joke: Jake McKean, object of Daisy's lust/love since grade school, was asking, no demanding, that she marry him in order to save her family home.

The urges to laugh or cry were pretty equal. It was a dream wrapped in a nightmare. "Jake, quit it, you've played your joke." Maybe this was all a farce, something to scare her, for his own perverse entertainment. "Don't you want to marry for love? Why are you doing this? Tell me you're kidding, Jake."

Slowly he shook his head, "No, Daisy Maze, this is no joke. Become my wife or I take your ranch, your home, and kick your family out. Choose, Dais, because once you leave this room there is no turning back, either way."

Confused, upset, and mystified, all she could say was, "Jake, I…"

*

To be continued…

Author's Note: Hope that this was a good chapter of Cowboy, ;). Jake's quite the character. I will have more of him and Daisy soon. Look for a chapter of Jungle Man, too. I love to hear back and know what you think. Thanks to everyone for voting and the feedback is great. Thanks to all.

12