The Happiest Day of Her Life Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Catherine came over for tea the following morning and saw the look of satisfaction on her former sub. She smiled appreciatively at her daughter and in-laws as she watched her granddaughters playing together. It was very important to her that Annie's sexual needs were met. She knew she and Harry weren't as passionate a pair of doms as the young sub required. She was happy the girl found a group that could keep up with her.

==============================

It was a Wednesday morning in early May and Chloe was finishing up her thesis when it finally occurred to her that the painful cramps she was feeling were contractions. She asked Jenn to time them for her. She knew from experience that it would make Jenn feel useful in this strange and exciting time.

Chloe called Dr. Brennan's office and let her know that the contractions were getting closer. The doctor told the redhead that she'd reserve a suite at the hospital and to go there as soon as her water broke.

Chloe gave serious thought to trying to work on her thesis but found the contractions were way too distracting to allow any scholarly work. She listened to music instead. Jenn put on the Storm Large CD, "Crazy Enough". There was something funny to Chloe about two psychology students listening to an album of that title. For the most part, Chloe liked it. She did raise an eyebrow on the song Eight Miles Wide during the line about "hardcore dykes" liking "cock shaped sex toys". As funny as it was, that did not apply to Chloe. Chloe's water broke a few songs later and Jenn called Dr. Brennan from the back seat of the limo as James drove them to the hospital. Marie rode up front with them and sent a mass text to everyone who needed to know.

A series of traded texts arranged for Dani to pick up Frank and Jayne at Tarabella and bring them to the hospital in Southampton. Holly was overseeing a trial but demanded updates. Liz, Rae, Gail, Beth and Vittoria were also at work and, similarly, wanted updates. Catherine and Harry texted back that they were on their way. Catherine was excited that they'd have a fourth grandchild and it had been less than a year from the birth of the first. Annie stayed with the girls at Tarabella. Hospitals were no place for little girls and there were rules about that posted in the maternity ward.

Jenn filled out all of the paperwork as Chloe was brought up to her Labor and Delivery suite. It was interesting to see the things Chloe had gone through when Deanna was being born. Jenn smiled when she thought about how fierce Chloe had been when people tried to kick her out of the delivery suite. She needed to be as strong as Chloe today.

She was directed to Chloe's suite and the pregnant woman in the hospital gown held her arms out for her wife. They hugged tightly and Chloe pressed her forehead against Jenn's. Chloe pulled Jenn into the bed with her and they cuddled.

"Oh my God. This is really happening," Chloe said. "We're finally going to give Deanna a sibling. I know it was crazy but I'm so glad we did it like this. Remember the plan: If anything goes wrong and you have to make a choice, save the baby."

"Nothing's going wrong," Jenn said.

"I know. Just remember the plan, Sweetie. I'll just feel better if we have our bases covered. Things only get really bad when you don't prepare for bad things to happen."

The wives kissed passionately and Chloe put some pressure on the top of Jenn's head.

"Baby? What are you doing?"

"I need you to help my cervix dilate, Sweetie."

"How do I do that?" Jenn asked.

"By going down on me," Chloe replied with a smile.

Jenn did not hesitate. She lifted up the hospital gown and kissed her way down Chloe's body. The pregnant redhead gasped when her wife reached her mons. Jenn licked Chloe's labia slowly from bottom to top and dragged her tongue hard against the clit. She did this several times. Chloe was moaning and dug her fingers into the bed sheets. Jenn licked and sucked on the labia and waited for the petals of the beautiful rose to open. When they did, he hardened the tip of her tongue and slid it inside. She shook her head, as if saying no, while she plunged her tongue into her wife. Chloe trembled all over and finally could take no more. She tapped Jenn on the shoulder.

"I think you did it, Sweetie. I'm calling the nurse."

The nurse dutifully checked Chloe and quickly called for the Anesthesiologist. When he arrived, the Anesthesiologist immediately remembered Chloe from their encounter in September.

"My wife is staying," Chloe said calmly.

"Just sit over there, please," the Anesthesiologist politely said to Jenn as he prepared Chloe for the epidural. Chloe turned on her side and assumed the position the Anesthesiologist directed her to adopt. Jenn smiled as she watched how easily things worked when the medical professionals were polite and treated their patients with respect.

As soon as the Anesthesiologist left, Jenn was back at Chloe's side. She climbed back in bed with her wife and the two lay together, holding hands until Dr. Brennan came in.

"Good afternoon, ladies," the doctor said cheerfully. "Are we ready for Act Two?"

"I think we're very close," replied Chloe.

"Well, I'll just take a look under the hood and see for myself," said Dr. Brennan. She slipped on a pair of examination gloves and used the bed controls to position Chloe where she wanted her. Jenn jumped off when the bed started moving and sat where she'd been during the epidural. The doctor didn't examine Chloe long.

"Okie dokie, the baby is already crowning," said the doctor. "Let's get the little one out, shall we?"

"Yes, let's," said Chloe.

"You're remarkably calm for someone in active labor... Did you two have sex just now?" Dr. Brennan asked.

"Who, us?" Chloe asked in reply with a very poor attempt at an innocent looking face. "Of course not. Jenn just went to town on me."

"You know, contrary to what you two seem to believe, sex does not make everything better..." said the doctor in feigned anger.

"Oh, it really, really does, Doc," Jenn replied.

Dr. Brennan shook her head incredulously and rang the call bell for the nurse. The nurse, knowing the doctor was in the room, responded immediately. The doctor got into a gown, put on a fresh pair of gloves and got into position. Jenn walked over to where the nurse indicated and held Chloe's hand. She coached Chloe to breathe and when the doctor said so, Jenn had her wife bear down and push for a count of ten.

Dr. Brennan was impressed with the two women and said, "That was great. Let's have another one just like that."

Jenn had Chloe get her breath and then she did another ten count push.

"Very good, Chloe. You're doing just great," said the doctor. It was rare to see a birthing team this accomplished. Men were usually screaming at their wives or vice versa and they disrupted the natural flow of the birthing suite. The patient and her wife were, on the contrary, acting like this was their fourth kid from the same mother rather than it being her first. "Keep going like that and it should only be a few more. Are you ready to go again?"

Chloe shook her head and Jenn answered for her, "Not yet. She needs a few more seconds."

"Ok, but we can't wait too long. Chloe, I'll let you have a nice rest if you give me one more big push," the doctor said. She didn't want to push Chloe too hard. She understood how rough this was on the redhead. She knew Chloe had it in her to get the baby out with one more push.

Chloe nodded her head and she got her breath and focused. Jenn told her to push and started to count. When Jenn reached six, Dr. Brennan told Chloe to stop pushing.

"The head is out," said Dr. Brennan. "You've earned your rest." She guided the baby's shoulder free and the child slid out. Jenn looked on lovingly and noticed a penis.

"Oh my God," said Jenn. "It's a boy!"

"Good observation," said the doctor somewhat sarcastically. "Are you ready to cut the cord, Jenn?" Jenn stepped up and cut where the doctor specified. "Good job. Have you two come up with a name yet?"

Chloe said, "Samuel" at the same time Jenn said, "Sam" and then Chloe changed her answer to "Sam".

The doctor said hi to Sam and then said goodbye to everyone. She left as the nurse was cleaning Sam up. As soon as he was clean and dry, Sam was placed on his mother's chest and his other mother kissed his forehead. The nurse cleaned a little bit and then left the family in peace.

Jenn pulled up a chair and smiled at her wife and her son. They had agreed, when Deanna was born, that their children would have Stevens as their last name. It was easier than deciding on Stevens-Drasher or Drasher-Stevens for each child.

"Congratulations," Chloe said in a weak voice. "You're father's surname will live on for another generation."

"I was just thinking that. He's going to be pretty excited," Jenn replied.

"Hand me my cell, please, Sweetie?" Jenn did so and Chloe sent out a mass text which simply said, "IT'S A BOY!"

Within 42 minutes, everyone who'd gotten Chloe's text replied with one form of congratulations or another.

Holly called for a forty minute recess in the trial and then Skyped Chloe from her chambers.

"You look amazing!" Holly said to the image on her phone.

"You're joking, right?" answered Chloe. "I look like I just pushed a small human being out of my body."

"Well, yeah, that too..." said Holly. Then she noticed the small head on Chloe's chest move. "Oh my God. Is that your son?"

"It is he," said Chloe. "Holly, this is Sam Stevens."

"Huh. He sounds like a detective from a 1940's radio show."

"Yeah, I like a lot of alliteration in newborn's names," said Chloe with a grin.

"Well, I'll let you get some rest," said Holly. "I just wanted to congratulate you. I have a trial to get back to. I love you, ladies. Bye!"

================================

Chloe and Sam were discharged the next day. It was odd when the three girls who always looked so miniscule suddenly became giantesses when compared to their new relative. Sam seemed so small.

Chloe learned the joy of breastfeeding. It hurt like a mother at first, but then that tugging on her nipple became a source of true joy. Chloe, of course, let Jenn nurse from her whenever she asked. They even did a lactating sort of sixty-nine once. They confirmed that their milks tasted different from each other. It was a very slight difference. They were each somewhere between honeydew melon and cantaloupe in flavor. The taste difference was not as pronounced as what Annie had reported about Jayne and Marie's milks. Chloe was happy that now either mother could feed either of the Stevens children without using a bottle. The children either did not notice a difference in taste or it was so negligible as not to be an issue.

Jenn and Chloe worked out a fair schedule so that only one of them would need to get up each night. Things became simpler after they made that arrangement. At least one of them was always well rested.

Sam was eventually accepted in the circle of happy babbling by his big sister and their cousins. Annie noticed that Deanna seemed affected whenever Sam cried but did not react as strongly if Emma or Caitlin cried. She couldn't think of a rational explanation for this behavior. Their mothers didn't need one. They chalked it up to love.

======================

June arrived and, with it, another wedding at Tarabella. Holly once joked to Marie about renting her house out as a wedding hall. The joke didn't go over very well.

"This is just for friends and family," Marie had said in reply.

Marie thought about that joke and her response to it. She smiled. She was happy to open up her home to the people she loved for their special occasions but the days of renting out Tarabella to strangers were over for good. She cradled Caitlin in her arms as she greeted the guests at the door.

She had initially been concerned when Liz and Rae announced that their wedding colors were yellow and blue. Marie immediately thought of the poor bridesmaids. Very few women can pull off a solid yellow dress. She really never needed to worry. Jayne was their planner and she could make any color combination work. The bridesmaids would wear royal blue dresses with yellow flowers. The flowers really made the blue dresses pop.

Marie caught a glimpse of her wife and their other daughter and noticed how much weight she'd lost. In addition to the afternoon ride with the horses, the four young mothers at Tarabella had a new daily tradition. They went on a daily 3k run together. Jayne had originally thought she'd never lose her baby weight, but the four were making rapid improvements. When Chloe started the regiment, three weeks after Sam was born, the other three left her in the dust. They had been doing the run during Chloe's pregnancy and were used to it at that point. Over the course of a week, however, the redhead was able to keep up with her wife and sisters-in-law. None of them would be bridesmaids but, as the hostesses of Tarabella, they all wanted to look nice for the wedding.

Normally, Jayne would have had the bridesmaids wearing two different colors so it would be easy to tell which bridesmaids belonged to which bride. She refused to saddle anyone with a yellow dress so, instead, there were two distinctly different styles of bridesmaid dresses. Dani and Beth, Liz's bridesmaids, wore sleeveless dresses with spaghetti straps. Rae's sister Paula and Gail wore dresses with capped sleeves.

These differences were also reflected in the bridal gowns. Liz's gown had spaghetti straps and showed off several of her tattoos with pride. Under her veil, Liz had her mahogany hair in a ponytail to show off her shaved sides. Liz refused to change who she was for the sake of the wedding. Jayne agreed it was better to show her off and reveal how truly beautiful she was just they way she was. Liz, muscles showing, looked downright Amazonian. She glowed with power and beauty.

Rae's white gown had capped sleeves. It made her look like a bride from another time. She seemed delicate and refined. This was, on the surface, contradictory to her role as a police sergeant but it reflected the Rae Lynn Militello known to her friends.

==========================

Holly's hair was still almost platinum blonde but it was now very long. It flowed gracefully down to the small of her back. It contrasted beautifully with the black robes she would wear for the wedding. Since it was scorching outside at the beach, where the wedding would take place, Holly had her robes off. She was wearing a darling blue print sun dress and sipping on a glass of lemonade. She spoke to Chloe and Jenn, who were carrying Sam and Deanna, about their plans now that the couple had their Master's degrees.

"What else?" commented Jenn. "We're going for our Doctorates. You can't do shit in psychology without one."

"Ree's being very supportive," added Chloe. "She's letting us stay here while he pursue our Doctorates."

"Yeah," agreed Jenn. "She's being very sweet. I would have kicked us out by now."

"Ree would never kick you two out," quipped Holly. "This place would be too quiet and boring without you."

===========================

Beth and Gail slipped out of their respective dressing rooms at about the same time so they could find Annie. The young au pair was the de facto babysitter and she was watching Carlos for the couple. Carlos was a seven-year-old Filipino boy Beth and Gail had recently adopted. They were both very protective of him. Gail relaxed immediately when she saw how happy Carlos was playing with Annie. Beth wasn't so easily calmed but her wife assured her their son was in good hands.

===========================

"My God, it's hot out there," Jayne said as she came in the Sitting Room entrance. She had Emma in her arms and was checking all of the last minute details. "I'm glad we got the tent. I could never have Em out in that blazing sun. How are you doing, Darling?"

Marie smiled at her and the wives kissed each other passionately. Caitlin and Emma cooed back and forth to each other as though they were talking.

"My God, it's hot out there," Frank said as he came in through the Sitting Room. "I just checked out the amphibious plane. It's all gassed up and ready to go." He kissed his wives and his daughters. It had taken him some time to break out of his former Catholic mindset, but Frank now fully committed himself to both of his wives. "Everything looks great, Jaynie. You did an amazing job."

"Thank you, Handsome. I love weddings," Jayne said, smiling.

"I think everyone's figured that out by now, Dear," said Frank.

Jayne got everyone organized and they all filed out to the large white tent on the beach. The shade provided by the canvas tent cut the feel of the heat by about thirty degrees. Marie heard a familiar sound from Caitlin and instantly knew her older daughter was hungry. She took her seat and pulled aside the left flap of her dress. Her dress and bra were specifically designed for nursing. True to form, the other three Tarabella babies were soon being nursed as well. Jenn, Chloe and Jayne all had nursing dresses and bras, also.

In this gathering of friends, no one looked at the nursing mothers with disgust or anger. There was nothing but joy here. The music signaling the beginning of the ceremony played and Beth and Gail made their entrances. They walked down the aisle in the tent and turned away from each other as they reached Holly. Dani and Paula soon followed the same path. Marie smiled as she saw Dani in her bridesmaid's dress. She looked so lovely and so happy. It seemed strange for her to be at a wedding and not officiating it. The music changed and everyone who was not nursing a baby stood up.

Liz and Rae looked radiant. It was a beautiful day and they were surrounded by people who loved them. As Holly was about to begin the ceremony, Marie looked at the scene with joy and pride. She had been through a lot. Just about everyone in the tent had been through at least one major crisis in the last four years. There was no sadness, though. Everyone was happy. Marie realized there was no reason not to be happy. Every new day seemed to be better than the one before it. Every new day was the happiest day of her life because she was surrounded by people who loved her, and whom she loved, and she was thankful for that.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you all for reading this series. I hope you enjoyed it. Please leave comments and vote.

There aren't sufficient words to thank my Beta Reader, FangsAnarchy, for all of the effort that made this story what it is. I'll therefore just say, "You rock, Fang! Thanks for everything!"

I encourage all writers to keep writing. I ask you to read the comments on your stories and utilize them. Don't let negative comments stop you from writing. Have the courage to see the truth in the criticisms (even the snarky anonymous ones) and use that truth as a tool to do things better next time. Keep practicing. Keep improving. Never stop writing. Peace.

1...345678