All Comments on 'The Jury'

by Grey Eagle 286

Sort by:
  • 99 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great story with a nice twist and outcome

This story really held my attention until the end. Keep up your wonderful writing.

Incidentally, why didn't the 67 year old gentlman appear as a witness for Jan?

RAG

louguy35louguy35almost 18 years ago
Add to what California said!

In addition to not having the older gentleman appear as a witness, why did Jan not want to give Tom a kiss until she had taken a shower when he caught her after cancelling his trip to Mobile? A taste in her mouth, perhaps?

How do we know that an influential member of the "jury" was not Jan's "dancing partner"?

A sequal with Tom's hiring a PI to uncover the truth would be interesting.

This was a well written story, but one that raises eyebrows and seems to be a tad unfinished.

Cheers!

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 18 years ago
Different and well done cheating wife story

Well conceived, though I agree only her unsubstantiated story was given with no proof forthcoming. I also had a real problem with her not just tell him instead of having it all said in front of all these other people. Why would she admit in front of others and not just to him? Makes you wonder of her true feelings.

Nice fantasy and different twist of a cheating wife story. I was sure what the outcome was with the Ballroom Dancing site on the computer was revealed. Thought of that movie “Shall We Dance” with Jennifer Lopez, Susan Sarandon and Richard Gere where Susan hired a PI to follow Richard and found he was taking dancing lessons and not having an affair.

Very good entertainment

PT

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Pure shit!

If Jan loved him she would have had him teach her to dance. She had to have been fucking somebody because the new perfume and not kissing her husband until after she's had a shower scream affair.

I could see another story coming out of this called Double Jeopordy where the husband stumbles across proof of her cheating and wants to have another jury but she says no because she's already been found innocent once.

The story was well written, but I was very disappointed with the outcome.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Okay

The problem with it is that Jan's story seems dubious at best. Where's any proof whatsoever to back up her story? It doesn't even explain all of his suspicions. Why didn't she say something even after he left her? Too many things don't make sense and it's poor writing to try to wipe that away with her "I was a fool" explanation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Very Good

I liked this story very much. Perception of reality can be as important as reality itself. Keeping secrets from your spouse certainly can be dangerous. Nice change of pace from the usual loving wife story.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
OK

Nice concept, but no real payoff. Thanks for writing and trying something different.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Jury

Thanks I enjoyed the story. It was different!

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 18 years ago
As usual A story not RATIONAL at all

well written biut as usual from this guy this story has MASSIVEW flaws in it.

lets see if I have this right... the wife does not dispute any facts...

and Never explains WHY she HAD to lie about dance lessions when her partner is 67 years old fogey...

The JURY says and the wife admits to lie upon lie upon lie....... doesnt she has to provide some sort of proof?

PArebelPArebelalmost 18 years ago
Enjoyed it BUT!!!

Why does she have to dance with someone else. She acknowledges that she needs to learn her partners movements. If she wants to dance with her husband, then she needs to rehears with HIS movements, not someone else.

I agree with other commenters that she just doesn't explain herself well enough to justify the verdict. At best the verdict should be held over while she brings in further witnesses, perhaps her dance partner.

Something is fishy. A follow up where the husband hires a PI and catches her in her actualy infidelity is called for. Then, given her continued lies, he should get rid of her. Infidelity doesn't have to ruin a marriage, but continued lack of trustworthiness must.

sanman52sanman52almost 18 years ago
Contrived

The jury senario set out here seems to be really contrived. Two things would more likely have happened, marriage counseling or tracking the wife's movements on a Wednesday to see what she did that day while off from school. Since the husband knew that what she was doing was happening on Wednesday afternoons, following her that day would have provided the evidence.

In addition, as others have already stated, her explanation has nothing to back it up. Where's her proof?

Otherwise, the story is very well written with a unique idea on the cheating wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I find myself rather ambiguous with this one

Grey Eagle:

There are holes as others have pointed out, however; The story is different enough to just enjoy it for its own sake. Thank You. Ronnie W.

charleybearcharleybearalmost 18 years ago
My Problem

The problem I have with Jan is this.

Even if all she has said is true about the dancing and not having an affair she cannot possibly love her husband in the manner she said she does. Let's see, he rents a hotel room for a couple of weeks and then the jury meets two Saturdays from the time they all agreed to this? That means he has been gone for 4 weeks or so by the time this verdict comes down?

She risked losing a marriage over this stupid dancing thing instead of just talking to him? She risked losing the marriage by locking him out of the bedroom? So even if all true she can't possibly hold the marriage in the same light as he does or she professes to.

Me thinks the lady is in fact a cheat as others have said. At any rate, it makes me feel better thinking there is a cheating reason for risking the marriage and not just the stupidity that this story says she is guilty of.

Thanks for your efforts Grey Eagle

Charleybear

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Clever

Clever Idea.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
marriage is hard enough without bullshit with it

you take the bullshit you just wrote and give it to some asshole who wants to play house.trust and respect is two of three things that make a marriage work.communication is the third and very inportant part,if any of the parts aren't used than you got a problem and that leads to divorce.stupidity is a excuse we use when we fuck up and want somebody let you off the hook when you destroyed your marriage.marriage is a daily struggle and very senitive,so why would a dumbass play games with it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Crap

Anyone that buys her crap needs to see me. I have a bridge in New York I want to sell to them CHEAP!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
a sweet story

and I'm surprised that some of your readers are so suspicious and so negative about it.

I have no trouble believing that she wanted to learn to dance as a surprise for him, and then did a poor job of keeping it secret.

I think other readers are right that, instead of letting a 4-week separation happen, she would have come to him to confess the truth.

But all in all, I liked the story--different, and very nice.

ohio

Average-JoeAverage-Joealmost 18 years ago
I really liked the story

It strains credulity a bit but overall its a very nice story imo. I didnt dislike the wife or think she was lying in her explanation. I didnt think the husband was being a sucker for believing her. I was happy that things worked out for them and that they loved each other.

Her letting things get so far before telling him was a bit odd but it didnt ruin the story. The author explained her reasoning a little and even if he hadnt mentioned this at all, its something I can accept as needed to write the story the author wanted. If she had just told him when he first started making an issue out of it, there wouldnt have been much of a story.

Thanks for writing.

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 18 years ago
Unusual, for sure!

I guess one can see where she really didn't want him to know what she was doing until she was finished with the lessons. With that overriding premise the little lies were compounded and only to keep from admitting she was taking dance lessons to surprise him.

I REALLY don't understand why she couldn't kiss him. That just doesn't fit the story she gave. Did she leave a little something out about her 'arrangement'?

The general premise of the solution attained is unusual enough to make the story interesting.

Kanga40Kanga40almost 18 years ago
Please, why insult us like this?

Way too many holes in Jan's story, way too many.

And the plot is so contrived anyway it beggars belief.

There was no proof whatever that her story was the truth.

Either the jury was stupid, or they were all screwing her.

Even the most brain dead woman would not let her husband leave her for 4 weeks because she was taking dancing lessons to surprise him - what a load of utter crap!

zed0zed0almost 18 years ago
Unconvinced

She may have convinced the jury & her hubby, but she didn't convince me. Too much deciet & lying for such a simple explanation. (zed)

zed0zed0almost 18 years ago
Unconvinced

She may have convinced the jury & her hubby, but she didn't convince me. Too much deciet & lying for such a simple explanation. (zed)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
well, now she has

has a free pass to continue her fucking around; she's just a slut/whore, cut her loose

grizbearmtgrizbearmtover 17 years ago
Very Creative

I must say you have a very creative and imaginative mind.

As all of your stories I have read so far, well-written and easy to follow.

The problem is, that just as others have written here, I don’t believe her one bit.

You exaggerated the argument between the two of them to the point where (cause and effect) her explanation was an obvious understatement, and not comparable as a logical form of behavior, to the volume of the secrecy she under took and her actions in avoiding him and his questions during the fight.

She also never did bring forth her ancient dance partner, or verification of her membership to the dancing classes, to prove her innocence of adultery. Thereby never validating anything she told him during the fight or the jury later. All of her claims remained unproven.

daluentdaluentover 17 years ago
dancer?

Her husband being a dancer at the professional level. Why in the world would she go elsewhere for lessons. I think she's kind of sneaky. I think this chick is hiding a nasty secret. He should cut his loses and run like hell. It was a good read anyway. Thanks Luis

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
believable

NOT! nicely written but her excuse and her attitude is just plain silly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Oh, I am Convinced

She has had sex with her brother-in-law, her greatest defender. Without the defense of the sucker's brother, the husband would have verified the story with an audio or video and found out the truth one way or the other..

SingularMindSingularMindalmost 15 years ago
The Dead Cat

Tolstoy wrote "If you write that there is a shotgun on the wall, you are going to have to fire it before the story ends." What role did the dead cat in the pool have to do with anything else in the story.? Nothing. Bad craftsmanship.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Cute story --very clever plot

As all your readers have said, this was a very clever story but it would fit more appropriately into Humor-Satire than into Loving Wives. Her story was so unbelievable that it was comical. In a serious story she would have told the truth rather than risk divorce- she would have invited her 67 year old partner to support her story etc. Like most Grey Eagle storys it was very entertaining and readable. fine writing

60 year old George

nyminusnyminusalmost 15 years ago
Yes indeed a cute story. BUT

It's an entirely forced plot. The wife could tell that her husband was becoming (rightfully so) suspicious and she (or rather the writer lets it go on simply because with out the BIG SUPRISE there would be no story...It's really pretty dumb

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Where was Shorty?

I enjoyed your story even though I didn't buy her explanation. She offered an implausible defense and admitted herself that it sounded like the ranting of a crazy woman. Why didn't she invite "Shorty" to the hearing to testify in her behalf? Why not bring a canceled check and or a signed contract with the dance studio?

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Fun Story

Glad I found it, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Readers Digest!!!!

Would have loved this story.

norcal62norcal62almost 14 years ago
Silly, but finally marginally entertaining.

The story stretched a lot to make a little point. Anyone could see that there was no need for the lying at any time, then the story drifted off to fantasy.

hrnicholhrnicholover 13 years ago
Willing suspension of disbelief???

At the beginning of the story I was willing to suspend my disbelief of her veracity. The defense offered has no support other than the word of a self-convicted liar. That is not a foundation for any kind of belief.

The cat was an extreme touch to prove a lie, the failure to kiss before clean-up was a red flag that should have sent him to an attorney to discover his real options.

Liars are very poor candidates for a lifetime relationship.

Sorry, this one did not ring my chimes, and I would have required proofs from the lying wife prior to any return from my solitary hotel room.

Saying all of that, an author has the right to take his characters down any path that he chooses. That the path does not meet our criterion for belief is not an indicator of the skill of that author. That being said, I would elect to place this story in humor/satire rather than loving wives.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
Trust is the most essential part of any marital relationship!

But it is just not there. She lied, she decieved, she in essence cheated on her husband. No one should stay married to a liar, deciever and cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Nope, can't relate

Smacks of infidelity. The jury came to a conclusion based solely on her words. Not good enough. Where is the proof? Why all the secrecy and hiding? In my opinion, she's guilty of something, most likely infidelity. Why would you even need a jury, seemed like a stupid way to resolve a private matter. Like mentioned before, should be in the humor section for a good laugh. Sorry author, written well, but no cigar. Thanks for the effort. ML

Fighting41Fighting41about 13 years ago
Where is her Dance Partner?

One of the rules for the meeting was they could provide evidence to the jury, surely if the wife didn't have anything to hide she would have had her supposed dance partner come to the meeting to give her story some credence of truth that she didn't point to the fact that she had something else going on other than dance lessons

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
BULLSHIT

What a load of crap. Totally unbelievable by any stretch of the imagination. Too many holes in the story and not enough questions asked.

Just one man's opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
That

was a good one....bill

OldHidekiOldHidekialmost 12 years ago
A dance with the husband is the final proof..

If he is proficient, and she was a klutz, a simple dance is all that it will take to prove that she has or has not been taking lessons. This is a story where things get too far out of hand, and the lie to cover up gets blown out of proportion. This event should have never gone to a jury, because the husband is capable, in one dance, to determine if she has been spending every Wednesday on dance lessons. This is somewhat silly.

Still, I like and enjoy stories in loving wives where the wife IS a loving wife, and I also like stories with a twist so please continue to write.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
there is no reason for her to lie like that and teachers dont get half day off every week

Once he asked she had no reason to lie or deceive. The story of her partner makes no sense and why would she be on the phone with him? She lied, a practiced and orchestrated lie, and her lie was accepted. He needs to divorce her as he can never trust her again. She lied to him over and over and refused to make it right to the extent of pushing him out knowing he was considering divorce. Nope wrong ending.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

left me a little flat.

JounarJounarabout 11 years ago
complete and utter rubbish

The wife in this story puts her husband through hell, lies to his face, refuses to tell the truth even when he leaves her and all so she can learn to dance !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Why lie and then continue lying?

She should have brought "Shorty" and his wife to back up her story. I'm STILL not sure I believe her. Maybe she was dancing for an hour with Shorty and screwing some guy the remaining time.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Ok

Thanks for the effort. The wife's explanation does not come across as authentic.

monkcalmmonkcalmover 10 years ago
common

thats it just nnneeehh

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
Cute story

Nice ending - quite original.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A weird story

The ending was dumb but different

ifeanyiifeanyiabout 10 years ago
excellent!

It was just a misunderstanding . Nobody cheated

A galaxy of stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Hard to like

I struggled to get passed the first 2 - 3 paragraphs as the writing so was so stilted & disjointed; it was like reading something a 10 year might write. The idea was quite good but really needed a far better author to do it justice - don't give up your day job!!!

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
OK - so where are Shorty and his wife as witnesses for her?

I am an occasionally a bitter old fuck so that came to me immediately -

PROVE the truth - you do not get to lie for almost a year then just make a stupid explanation and have it be just accepted - trust but verify is completely reasonable here.

That she should do a nice thing and turn so completely ugly seems so far fetched )- as she admits - so she needs to go the extra mile to get past it.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
had potential

The idea had potential but was poorly done with too many holes left in it.

I can see her wanting to surprise her husband by learning to dance, and sometimes it is harder to learn from an expert than someone who is not.

Experts can forget the basics and do them as habit - beginners must focus on them.

Experts can get frustrated when teaching basics.

But there are too many suspicious things here not accounted for.

Why she needed clothes with her in the car when she lived half a mile from work?

So many very sexy dresses he has never seen, not really needed just to learn to dance.

Why the perfume?

The wording she used in the phone call he overheard.

Her attitude about the trash, more like someone developing disrespect for fooling him.

She would rather spend four weeks apart while he thinks about divorce than tell him?

The lies and her attitude say there is something going on.

His ability to trust in her has been badly damaged, and all that is given in her defense is her word?

The word of a liar is worth?

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
She's lying.

Would have been easy to prove. Just go to the dance class and meet the people. Too contrived. He had to be stupid to believe anything she said. The lying itself was enough to end the marriage. Anything that has to be hidden from a spouse is a marriage killer, doesn't matter what it is.

Also, need to get new friends. I wouldn't have signed off on anyone she wanted on the list, they might be involved in the "dance class" with her. If she was innocent why all of the bullshit that she put him through, as soon as he told her what he thought she should have come clean. Not the actions of an innocent woman.

mike9698mike9698over 9 years ago
NO IM NOT CHEATING

im just the single dumbest person on the planet.

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Don't Buy It!

I feel bad for all teachers out there that do a fantastic job but this woman, supposedly a teacher, is too stupid and casts aspersions on all good, hard-working teachers. As to almost a year of lying, disrespect, and lack of trust, he should tell her to get lost. I still don't believe she was not cheating. She had a complete different life without her husband-because she couldn't dance. Why didn't she want to take lessons with her husband. No, I don't believe her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I Think I Have to Puke

When you try to base a whole story on what you think is a clever idea it had better be clever. You just wasted 25 minutes of my life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Well, I think...

dance lessons = horizontal mamba. And, I am a very virile 67 year old.

tom anon

Texas_Air_ForceTexas_Air_Forceover 8 years ago
Agree with most of the others....not believable

OK, the cheating lying wife explained everything except.....a LOT of stuff. First, no explanation for needing to run and get a shower instead of kissing her husband. She was afraid he would taste or smell what on her......perspiration?? Or maybe something more damning....like....cum? Next, why does she need short skirts and revealing 'slut clothes and shoes' to take dance lessons? Everyone knows you wear practical and comfortable clothes while you rehearse. The 'good stuff' is for the dress rehearsal and real event. Were the short revealing stuff hidden for.....her 'cumming out party'? And, what was the REAL reason for the new perfume? Don't know what the dead cat in the pool meant, unless it was proof that there was no way she had been swimming. Perhaps one of the weirdest parts of the story is that we are to accept the idea that their sex life had fallen off because, what, she was tired from dance lessons? And, as so many have pointed out, where is the 'innocent' 67 y.o. partner and his wife to confirm her story? This was an original idea that wasn't thought out completely!

sinsational83sinsational83about 8 years ago
REALLY !

Come on some of you people shit, FICTION damn. How many of these stories do you think are real ??? Anyway the story is pretty good. Well written, well put together. Actually quite entertaining to read. The only thing I didn't like about it is, that it doesn't seem to have been completed as well as it could have been. This is just a suggestion but you should write another chapter or two with the husband hiring a PI to have her followed just to sort of make sure of what is really going on. If there's nothing happening then he can fire the PI and get on with their life as usual. If there is something going on that he doesn't approve of then he has all the proof he needs to cut her down to size and file for a divorce the lying cunt. But you have so many avenues you can take this story to give it a proper ending, just do it ok ? Then you'll get a rating better than 4 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Without a doubt

The DUMBEST scenario I ever heard of. Lying about learning ballroom dancing??

Really?

Then he talks about a divorce knowing... nothing.

Like I said, this is the......

kdcee79kdcee79about 8 years ago
10 year old writing

I know this won't matter much as the writer doesn't seemed to have published since 2011 but it annoys me when adults write in such a poor manner. I have a 10 year old grand niece who has just written a 4 page play for her school competition; her grammar, spelling & composition leaves this author for dead & no she didn't win, wasn't even in the first 3. If todays' kids can write properly why does our older generation have publish such rubbish. 2 **

EddboyEddboyalmost 8 years ago
seriously

lol i thought i had read them all but this one takes the cake. I am dying laughing at the way this story ended with her claiming she was lying about dancing with an old geezer

VapspegeoVapspegeoalmost 8 years ago
QUICK and FIRM

Very well written and to the point.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 7 years ago
So, I'm an idiot...

She agrees everything he said was true and accurate... So clearly no one should have to check into what HE said...

But wouldn't it have been a good idea if SHE had included the older gentleman and his WIFE on her list...?

Maybe included the dance instructor or other people who could account for her time...?

She admitted to lying so why wouldn't the friends want proof she was telling THEM the truth...? Just because she, an admitted liar, says now she is...?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
where is the old man?

She's a liar extraordinaire! She expects everyone to believe her. Where is the old man as proof of being her dance partner?

Liar, Liar pants on fire!

Poor ending to story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Really

Again Grey Eagle? This is the 4th story of yours I've suffered through....no more!

You seem to have a penchant for illustrating your male characters as either brutes, ie: rapists or a cuckhold buffoon. She's a liar as she's proven...she needs help and he and friends need to see beyond her liar ways and words don't cut it! Actions should speak louder.

A Treat

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
FAMOUS LAST WORDS AFTER CASE CLOSED

its Miller Time. TK U MLJ LV NV

BrewtooBrewtooabout 7 years ago
Liar!

She's lying her ass off. Need to take a shower and can't kiss your husband because you've been dancing - bullshit! He accuses you of cheating and you just "can't" tell him you've been taking dance lessons, you'd rather he thought your were cheating? Bullshit! She's a cheater and he's an idiot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Brewtoo is correct.

Wifey's lying her ass off, Hubby's too stupid to make her produce witnesses, and she'll cheat soon, if she hasn't already, because she knows she can get away with it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
You Jaded fools

A simple straightforward story is written and you impose your miserable lives and way of thinking onto the story. The story is very original at the same time clean and simple. The writer never expressed the same wife was a cheater. You in your twisted minds see shit that's not there! Too bad your lives suck so bad you can't see a good clean simple straight forward story for what it is, SAD.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
What A. Sorry Excuse of a story!!

That is the best conclusion you could come up with? That is absolutely pathetic! You don't have any reasons given for her actions and the lies she tells her husband! The perfume...the sexy clothes...coming home and just has to have a shower before giving hubby a kiss....ha ha ha what a bunch of lame ass writing!! Started off not bad and then fizzeled out into shit!!!

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 7 years ago
Really liked it.

Especially the spanking!😊

VenustasVenustasover 6 years ago
A merry dance

As others have said her dance partner should have attended as a witness. Questions should have included dates times and duration of lessons - followed by a dance demo of what dances she had learnt.

The Jury included a Judge and lawyer who should know how to dig out the truth yet overall it appeared to be an ineffective amateur shambles.

It stinks like a dead cat. Sorry I just don't buy it.

BTW to the commenter who asked what was the relevance of the bloated dead cat. She claimed she had been swimming in the pool that afternoon.

fisheronefisheroneabout 6 years ago
Trust

The biggest problem I see here is that she showed her family and friends that she is capable of telling lies to cover lies. Jan had more multiple chances to come clean and be the princess of the ball but didn't. If she had come clean when he was home on the Wednesday afternoon she would have been showered with love, because it would have been a compliment to his abilities. After she has two weeks to get a story together and no verification of classes or a sample dance. I am glad to see it work out but there will be a element of doubt without marriage council.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Plot failure

Big noise small 🥁

Come on writer think big. Summoning jury for what that she has been dunking her husband to dance with sime old fart. Go deep if you can.2stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I found the story refreshing

Lighten up people !

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Not bad

A decent little story, not believable,.but decent.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
Cute and fun.

Not really credible, but how many stories here are? It was lovely and there are too few happy endings. Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I always like a fun, cute story.

I do wish you had found something a little more believable. The plot was obvious when he saw the dance school on her computer so there was no surprise there. Why he wouldn't have told her in the beginning why he was thinking she was stepping out is beyond me...no, of course if he'd done that there would have been no story. It was just a little too simple for my taste but I still gave it 4 stars.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Sorry Charlie I believe cheating includes constant lying agree it's story but stupid

2 stars she carried deception on way too long

He saw bag she slammed trunk 1

Taking off Wednesday 2 3 4 etc

Buying sexy clothes number keeps growing

No mention of prior dates or anything involving dancing or lack thereof

Jury totally ridiculous thought cheater might be included

Didn't figure dancing studio as another did couldn't believe anything that stupid of plot

Dear you caught me I was trying to surprise you and wanted dance lessons

Sorry didn't believe a plot as stupid as this

Ocker53Ocker53over 4 years ago
Unbelievable

Here is woman who has lied constantly for more than 6 months but the jury believes everything she says without any proof just because she shed a tear? Yes she could have been learning to dance but she could still have been cheating, some people can multi task. ⭐️⭐️

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 4 years ago
re: unbelievable

I agree with you, no proof other than the word of a confessed liar.

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 4 years ago
Not up to your standard

Why would a woman intentionally hide the truth about taking ballroom dancing? I would think she would want to tell her husband, and show him the progress she was making. She would even introduce him to her partner so everything is up front and transparent. Her actions make no sense. The jury's verdict and punishment doesn't make sense. Lastly, his acceptance of a) her story which includes months of lying, and b) the jury's verdict is ridiculous. If he wants to stay married to her (questionable considering the lying) I would insist on a very strong post nuptial agreement that had a heavy clause to punish infidelity and repeated lying, and requires lie detector tests every X months (3,4,6,12). She seriously damaged the trust in this relationship, and they may not be able to build it back up. It might just be easier to divorce her and find someone else (even if it took several years).

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 3 years ago
Very sweet!

Very sweet story, nice intervention.

To those poo pooing the accusations and her defense: it was all words, both his and her accusations and her defense. Grow up, trolls.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Yeah, sure it was only ballroom dancing lessons and if you believe that then I'm sure you'd been interesting in buying this bridge I own Brooklyn

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Maybe yes, maybe no

She could be not telling the truth yet again but I would not accept her story as she was so good at hiding the truth for so long.

If she wanted to learn how to dance why not have her husband teach her? That would be a great way of bonding. Why the need to surprise him by learning from strangers?

As for having the partner be the same as that is how you learn, how will she be good with her husband Tom? She said she had this guy as she had to learn what expect. So again, if and when she dances with Tom she will do badly. Stupid reason.

I don't know if I would divorce her but then again trust is gone.

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 3 years ago

The simple proof would be to show the husband how she danced.

She should call her "dance"-partner to make his statement.

Rancher46Rancher46about 3 years ago

Cute story of how not being totally upfront with your spouse can come back to haunt you big time. All is well that ends well. Well Done 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It is an interesting plot, that was for sure. But as others have said, why refuse to talk to him for a month, and let him move out? Was she trying to decide, if her “ other partner” was worth cashing in her marriage over? Also, anyone who is in a relationship, knows transparency is a key component. She had to know, that eventually her “ dance classes” would cause him to question where she was, and with whom. I would also think as a given, she would have had her dance partner and his wife, show up at her “ trial”. How do we know there isn’t a 28 year old man, doing a second round of dances with her, at the no-tell motel? I realize in Literotica land, anything can happen. In the real world, nobody lies like this to their significant other, and then gets that upset, when he draws the obvious conclusion. Also, I have to assume she if we believe her story, that she started having Wednesday afternoons off, THEN decided to set up the dancing. In that case, why lie to your husband about the half day off. In retrospect, this stinks worse than a 3 day old dead carp, rotting in the sun.( you fishermen, know what I mean) . I think the next time she wants to plan something on the sly, she will be more discrete, and have better alibis.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Epilogue- After the intervention, everything is rosy for the next month. Wifey says the dancing makes her horny. Their sex life starts to get back to being off the wall, and then it starts to cool off. She starts working a couple hours of overtime on Monday’s. One day, the husband drops in on her ballroom dancing class. She is not there. He is surprised to find out, the classes are for one hour, every other Wednesday. Before confronting her, he waits outside her work the following Monday. She leaves at the regular time in another car. He follows her to a motel, where she starts another type of dancing. But it’s not with a 67 year old man, it’s a 22 year old intern. The husband goes to the front desk, and states he has a reservation that his wife made, and needs a key. He then goes to the room, and walks in on them, in the throes of passion. He gets plenty of pics, and then leaves the two of them. This time, it’s the wife who has to move out. The husband goes scorched earth on them. Her employer fires them both, for violating the morality clause in her contract. With no kids at home, the divorce goes through without a hitch. Everything gets split 50/50, and he has to pay her maintenance for four years. It a cruel twist of fate, the smoking hot intern dropped her like a old wrinkled potato, once he realized she had no money or influence. She is now living with her parents, doing temp work. Finding out that dating at 45, is a lot easier than finding a life partner at that age. Ex wife eventually gets a small, apartment, and never remarries. All the men she dates seem to only be interested in screwing her, or in whatever money they can get out of her. She is stuck in her own version of the Rod Sterling classic. It’s called “ the middle age zone” Very few single women, find it to be an enjoyable time.....

Her one regret” I wished I had just let my husband teach me to dance!”

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I ahve no clue why it took so long for Janice to tell the simple truth? The write just prolonged this shit…

auhunter04auhunter04about 2 years ago

Why did she not tell hubby up front?

AkSh4BloOdAkSh4BloOdalmost 2 years ago

Just fucking hilarious.

After reading most your stories Writer......you just have to Portray the MC as a Stupid, foolish wimps.....who Has morals, but not the Balls.

In this particular story, Bothe the Husband and wife are Pure and Simple stupids... If what she Said was true. Which I don't believe one single Bit.

And The Husband purely a Moron.

NorajbNorajbalmost 2 years ago

Feasible, but take her dancing, surely thats an easy way to start checking her story, or better still just turn up at the dance class. One thing never explained, why wouldn't she kiss him until after she had a shower, after a dance class, seems very strange to me. For that reason alone i could only give it 3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

lieing whore divorce the nasty cunt ,she show no proof of anything she said .

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

did you stick a fork in an outlet as a kid...... drop a toaster in the bath accidently.... what the... thsi stinks worse the a skunk getting scared in the back yard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Pathetic crap

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

Unlike many commenters below, don't think author intended this as anything sinister. This was a fable about not being honest with your spouse. Somehow the wife got caught in a string of lies, and dug herself deeper, when he is she had been straightforward earlier on then it would not have escalated. The ending was cute. Think to many readers are always forgetting these are stories and instead map them to their moral ideology. In fact, the crux of the story is that a little lie snowballed into a big one and she dug herself into a situation where she was embarrassed to come forward with the entire truth, but then almost lost her marriage.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous