The Mysterious Mr. X

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Would you like a glass of champagne? I'm celebrating the fact the book is doing so well."

He poured her a glass of wine and turned. Sarah gasped. He was in his late forties, maybe early fifties, and he was tall with a slim build. His hair was dark and tinged with grey, but it was his face that had made Sarah gasp out loud. It was ravaged with scars and what looked like burns. His eyes, deep and knowing, took in her reaction and he waited.

"So, now you know, my dear. And like the others you'll no doubt take one look and disappear."

"The others?" she stammered. "What others?"

He laughed but the sound was not a pleasant one. "The others who grew to know me, fell in love with me, or so they said, but couldn't quite take the fact that I was a monster."

She felt her stomach plummet as she wondered just how many women he had seduced.

"You were the first," he said in a low voice. "You were my experiment, Sarah. The others just worked for me and typed up the manuscripts. They listened to my voice, grew excited by my writing, but it wasn't enough. Oh, they said they loved me, told me that it didn't matter what I looked like, but the disgust in their eyes said it better than words."

"You didn't make love to them?"

He stared at her. "No"

She continued to look at him, saw the ravages his face had endured and their eyes met. Here was the man who had taken her to heaven, who had loved her so thoroughly and she couldn't just turn off her feelings for him.

"I think..." she stammered. "I don't even understand it myself, but I think I love you. The way you make me feel. I haven't stopped thinking about you for the last six months. Why didn't you contact me?"

She saw him relax slightly and then she was in his arms and he was kissing her, his hands moving through her hair as they embraced.

"I couldn't face losing you," he said. "I thought once you saw me that would be it. You'd disappear like all the others."

She stared at him, looked deeply into his beautiful eyes which stared back at her with such love.

"I love you," she whispered. "Go and lock the door...I don't want us to be disturbed..."

The End

  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
8 Comments
VulcezVulcezalmost 9 years ago
Beautifully Written

Powerful in it's simplicity. Seductive in it's elegance. Touching.

PEATBOGPEATBOGover 15 years ago
Truly romantic!!!

Well Jane, I missed this one! However, it is well up to your usual excellent standard. If anything, your writing has improved considerably. Unlike your usual offerings, this tale is an excellent "stand alone" effort and was an extremely enjoyable read. Sorry for the late comment but I didn't get an "early warning" email from you for this one!! Pete.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
The Mystery

Hi Janie

I loved this story and the element of mystery.

Hope you have more in the making.

chargergirlchargergirlalmost 16 years ago
Oh my...

that was gorgeous! Nice storytelling Janiexx.

AphroditeRebornAphroditeRebornalmost 16 years ago
Excellent!

To be honest, I was not entirely sure where the story would end, but I had an idea... however it was not until the final scene that I realized the fairy-tale ending :-) Keep up the great work janiexx :-)

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Her Fairy-Tale Life She saves his life and he transforms hers.in Romance
Hero's Reward One brave deed holds the key to unlocking a scarred heart.in Romance
Catering Girl Ch. 01 Sometimes you meet someone when you are not expecting it.in Lesbian Sex
The Iceman's Wrath His icy ways are ending-starting with his daughter's friends.in Mature
The Neighbors Mature neighbors make porn, and ease into swinging.in Exhibitionist & Voyeur
More Stories