All Comments on 'The Old and New I Ch. 01'

by Neira4

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
Joscelyn2tgJoscelyn2tgover 9 years ago
Very Sweet And Erotic...

...With a young romance between two very special people. There were a few unanswered questions as to their backgrounds, but it was a wonderful bit of writing, and you need to be writing more ;) Thanks for sharing this and I'll be watching for more from you.

Neira4Neira4over 9 years agoAuthor
@Joscelyn2tg

Thank you very much! I intend to make this a rather lengthy series. And I'm glad to have my first follower so soon after my first post ever. I'm glad you liked it and I hope the future parts will be as saticfying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
More please

Great stuff, looking forward to the additional entries

Keller23Keller23over 9 years ago
I'm so proud of you, Neira4

Thank you, Neira4. I'm glad that I've had an impact on you. Your story shows such a beauty within sadness and depression. You better keep releasing chapters so that there's always something for me to look forward to reading =P

griffin57griffin57over 9 years ago
Amazing

From the depths of dispare to elation. What a ride! Good start Kiddo.

NearMissNearMissover 9 years ago
Great Start!

That's some good stuff there! Glad to hear that this will be a lengthy series as I will be looking forward to new episodes. Keep up the good work!

Neira4Neira4over 9 years agoAuthor
Thank you all

I'd like to thank all of you who have responded in a positive constructive manner and most of all I'd like to thank you all for your support.

While feedback is appreciated, I will only except polite, constructive criticism. If anyone's comments should sway from that, refrain from commenting. It's a shame that two out of the 7 comments I've recieved have been impolite or rude on the day of the initial post. It does more damage to hurt an artist's work than to hurt the artist himself/herself. So please, be polite and respectful or don't bother commenting, but to be honest, I'll just delete the comment if it's impolite anyway.

WillowxOCWillowxOCover 9 years ago
I was, actually, trying to add constructive criticism

In short, I will no longer be reading or commenting on this story after this review. Take it down like you did my other reviews, I really don't care at this point.

I believe I offered many points I liked about your story, and one point which I didn't like. Now, if at some point you had said anything about it being a valid point that you would have fixed, but didn't get around to, or that it was in fact a small mistake inside of your work and the next chapter would attempt to explore it more, I would have been happy. You never stuck with a single, well explained reason, which made it very difficult to try to talk with you. Unfortunately, you also immediately became defensive, which further stymied dialogue.

I'm sorry you can't tell the difference between someone criticizing your work and criticizing you personally. In my reviews, I believe I was polite in how I explained what I disliked about this piece. If you would like to see me being impolite in a review, look at my review of Tricked!.

Good day.

Neira4Neira4over 9 years agoAuthor
@ WillowxOC

Look, man, I'm sorry. I wasn't exactly at my best yesterday at all. If anything, I don't even remember what I said or what fully happened. I'm sorry if I was rude and I didn't mean to be harsh. I've never really been good with criticism or people absolutely not caring about how I felt. One thing I do remember you saying is "My intention is not to cause you stress, but if that's necessary so that you know that it is most definitely not OK to do this kind of shit, then so be it". While that kinda made it worse, I probably shouldn't have responded as I did. One thing that bothered me was the fact that you treated it like it was a capital crime that that one part seemed like it wasn't consensual. I just didn't understand why it was such a big deal. You said you like the rest of it, other people liked that, but I just don't understand why you had such a problem with it. I did say, or at least I wanted to say, that that type of thing would be made more clear in later stories, so it's not like I was just throwing away the comments. And actually you weren't the one who upset me. I ended up deleting yours because of the fact that I felt like I was being pestered into changing something I worked very hard on, but the comments that I was referring to were from some asshole who completely slandered it and some other douchebag. I'm sorry if you were offended and I understand if you won't want to read any further, but please understand that I have considered what you said for future stories.

WillowxOCWillowxOCover 9 years ago
Thank you for the consideration

Honestly, I wasn't at my best yesterday either. In retrospect, I probably could have been a bit less blunt with my opinion, and I apologize for being brusque. Can I be a bit ragey feminist sometimes? Yeah, I can. Sorry if I came on a little strong.

But the reason that it's important to me is because it's a particular calculus I've had to consider personally: just how far would I go to not be outed? What could I live with myself doing? And then there are women that didn't even have that much choice, because not only would they be outed, but if they were outed they would be killed. I suppose that in the context of the story, none of this is said, but unfortunately it's implied, not by you specifically, but by a whole lot of bigots that unfortunately we all have to be cognizant of. I react strongly because I care, and it hits pretty close to where I live.

I see on your profile that you identify as straight and male. I have no problem with you writing about either trans women or lesbians, whatever floats your boat is fine, so to speak. On the other hand, I do see that you have tagged this story futanari, and not specifically transsexual. I am reacting to this because there are real women with penises, and they do get treated fairly terribly a lot of the time. I suppose most of what I'm trying to say is that for all the fiction we write, there are real people that have to deal with this stuff.

I'm glad that this will be addressed in future updates, and by no means do I demand that all characters act perfectly all the time. It's often more interesting when they don't.

I'm sorry that you've had to deal with some truly awful people. I would also like to thank you for not lumping me in with them, even though I know that can be very easy to do.

I did enjoy this, and while it seems a minor problem to you, to me it is a large part of the story and characters.

I think that in light of your last comment, I will continue reading. Happy writing.

Neira4Neira4over 9 years agoAuthor
Thank you

I didn't expect you'd change your mind but I'm glad you did. The whole concept of rape hits home for me too. My mom was almost raped as a child and my best friend and mentor was raped twice in her life. I know how it is and I have no interest in advertising for it.

So the reasons I, a straight male, am writing about transsexuals, futanari, and lesbians outside of futa with female being a fetish of mine: I don't see much of a difference between men and women to begin with. In my opinion, we all feel pain, we all love, we all hate, and in the end we'll all be judged the same way, so why should we worry about petty differences such as race, sex, and gender? Another thing is that I've been told to have almost a feminine sensuality to my loving in the relationships I've been in. I can think as a women does to me, it feels like there wouldn't be much of a difference. Most of my personal stories are written from the perspective of girls.

And about what you mentioned with the whole women with penises going though some harsh treatment. Other than the fact that Esther's depression kind of plays a huge part in the story, I would say that it helps to show that people like her suffer a great deal of torment and that to every side of this fictional, sexual coin, there is some sort truth in it.

WillowxOCWillowxOCover 9 years ago
Yes

Glad to hear back from you, and I'm glad we resolved this without too much anger. One of the reasons I didn't walk away from this conversation earlier is because you seemed like a reasonable person, and I'm glad that I was correct. Yes, I totally understand writing outside of ones own experience. I agree with pretty much everything you said in your last comment. Well, except I have no idea what kind of lover you are, but I'll take your word for it. You certainly have written two plausible, organic female characters, so kudos for that.

I haven't really changed my mind about the specifics of the story as written, but I'll hold off judgement of this story until it's complete with all of its chapters. I am glad that you clearly know about some of the real life aspects of this type of fictional story. I made some assumptions, and I'm glad to have been proven wrong.

Neira4Neira4over 9 years agoAuthor

Well, I have to take the words of the girls I've gone out with that too. I try to be very passionate and gentle and I try my best to put that in my work. I don't really like anything involving either parties being in pain during a sexual experience, and one of the points I tried to touch on was that Esther didn't feel any pain and enjoyed the experience, though she didn't understand it at first.

I understand your feelings and I'll do my best to fix this up in the future parts. I had already intended for Esther and Laurel to actually have a real talk about the first happenings between them and why they occurred.

I've noticed a few of your posts and I've begun to read Locker Room, but unfortunately I fell asleep after the first paragraph, not because of your work but because Ive been physically exhausted. I have to finish it, but I do know what you meant by a little warning at the top for the readers and I can do that. This specific part however, I will not be editing because that can be a little tedious. Sorry.

But I wouldn't mind keeping in touch. I don't mind having more literary friends.

Neira4Neira4over 9 years agoAuthor
Update

Hello fans of the first part, I've begun working on part two. It's taken me a while due to the occupation of my book that I've been writing as well as some of my own major depression issues (if your wondering where Esther got them from, now you know) and the loss of two people very close to me, one a great friend and mentor who was surprisingly quick to turn her back on me, the other passed away, and all of this on top of college, so I've been a little fucked up mentally lately so I must apologize for the lateness of it. My guess is that you can expect it before the new year, but that's with some serious hoping.

Neira4Neira4over 9 years agoAuthor
Happy New Year!

I was really hoping to get my post up BEFORE the new year, but lately, I've gotten really involved with my book as its last chapters come together, so I've spent less and less time on part 2. I feel disappointed in myself for this taking so long, so I hope a little preview into part two, which, God-willing, will be completed by the end of January:

Bonds of friends become stronger as they are wound and entangled with threads of trust as truths are revealed. A girl faces her anxieties and sees her guardian in a new light, a light of inspiration. See the paths taken and the choices made in Part Two: The Old and New I: Hope.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous