All Comments on 'The Rehab'

by DreamCloud

Sort by:
  • 1,176 Comments (Page 9)
HornymilfloverHornymilfloverabout 3 years ago
Stunning

Short but powerfully emotional, romantic story.

Practically had tears in my eyes wishing a miracle would happen and Todd would survive and grow old with Lucia, with 4 children plus Sophia and hundreds of granchildren and great grandchildren...

Btrying2Btrying2about 3 years ago

I am becoming an old softy I guess. Powerful well written story. Had my eyes and nose running continuously from about page 6. Great characters. Loved the ending Fitting way to honor a man so full of love and kindness.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Read this story for the 5th or 6th time...never ceases to put a bittersweet smile on my face. Thank you DreamCloud for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Tough one for an old softy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Dreamcloud! Ju not only great writer, with sense of humor, but ju most of all are beautiful soul! I believed everything. Love should be like this. Tx!

IvmanicviIvmanicviabout 3 years ago

I hate sad endings but I cant bring myself to hate this

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Another amazing story from dreamcloud. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Long time since I have such a compassionate and stirring story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Brilliant writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wonderful story. I would have had Lucia pregnant with Todd’s child and Todd know that before he died.

Ron-SanRon-Sanabout 3 years ago

Literally tears in my eyes when I finished. Wonderful writing and a memorable tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I am so fucking pissed off at those pricks who stole your stories and consequently stopped you writing.

I have returned a number of times to reread your writing and be emotionally moved each time.

Thank you for the stories - I can only hope sometime in the future you restart.

Cliquegge

FrankzeyFrankzeyabout 3 years ago

By the gods what a story...

I actually shed a tear or two at that ending!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This was a touching story. It made my cry...a lot. I loved it!

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Wonderful, very sad, story...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wonderful story - found myself tearing up as the end approached, hoping for a miracle. I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This was a wonderful story of love.

BeauReadyBeauReadyabout 3 years ago
We Care ...

... because we see the good; we see the fierce, unwavering commitment; the strength of character; the stalwart integrity, respect, dignity in spite of adversity - finally, even in the face of death. Doing the right thing is never wrong, in spite of temptation, desire, selfishness, weakness in others. Self-sacrifice trumps self-indulgence.Honesty crushes corruption. Love purifies the soul.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Amazing story, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Really good writing skills. From start to finish held my attention. Touching the soul of humanity

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This is so fucking emotional. I'm really glad I read this masterpiece. I love everything about this story

eduvalen265eduvalen265about 3 years ago

is the best one at all

wish_thinkerwish_thinkerabout 3 years ago

I think this is my second reading. I can't deal with pain so easily. Thank soon much for showing me what love iss.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Another 5. I hate the thieves that stole your stories for their own profit. They look so much from us.

I would love to be scanning new stories some day soon and see you writing here again. Thank you

metropolitanmusemetropolitanmuseabout 3 years ago

I'm embarrassed to admit that I intermittently cried as I read the final chapters (not so intermittently as I neared the end). Slightly indignant (I have things to do, simply seeking swif simple pleasure, what's this story doing on this site...?) Puzzled (who is this writer, what's s/he doing here?) Self doubting (could it be this good, am I a sentimental sucker, is it serendipitous timing to encounter this succinct, sharply structured solace that allows me to admire how it was all put together, just for my joy? Now I must set aside all my excuses, resume my own writing and hope I can touch readers as s/he has touched me. Thank you.

FoxEmersonFoxEmersonabout 3 years ago

I read the first few paragraphs and decided I'd stop, because for me it was a little long-winded. But it had a high rating, so I went to the comments and started reading a few. After a handful of the top comments, I was convinced to put in the effort to read this several-page story, which I didn't feel I had the time to read.

I'm so glad I did.

Not what I was expecting from Literotica, but it is a good story and a tear-jerker, worth the read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wonderful story. Todd didn't see Lucia as a dancer, he basically loved her from the time he met her. It also didn't take her long to fall completely in love with him. Too bad it couldn't be rewritten so he could have given her another child. Wonderful story...5 stars is not enough!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This the first story that I have rated and commended on. Tender and sweet, A story that you could believe and could feel the love and pain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wonderful!!!!

IcarusascendingIcarusascendingabout 3 years ago

I rate stories based on how they make me feel, IF they can make me feel, and this author absolutely nailed it. Even knowing it was coming Todd's death still hit like a truck, and Sophia's homage at the end sealed it. masterfully done author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

fuck. you went and made a grown man cry. 5 stars, nice job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So real !! Had a hard time holding back all the Emotions and termoils...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Overwhelming great story this author it's really good the love the emotions for real

WoodsLord_3540WoodsLord_3540almost 3 years ago

I'm not writing this for DreamCloud, as he has understandably disappeared. This is for all you other fans.

In a comment from another tale, "Rehab" was referred to as not having the usual "feel good" ending (though it really does). Knowing that I sorta waited until I had read the rest of his works.

That does not matter. The tale is up to his usual standards. This is so well written that I have returned several times just to read the last page again. And I tear up each time.

People, in losing DreamCloud, we have lost a true talent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I hate you, author! This story made a grown-ass teen like me cry. 5 stars.

Soundguy39Soundguy39almost 3 years ago

Okay! Damn it if that wasn't a story I needed to read. *sniffles* You have made yet another grown man cry. The visions that your words put in my head were all consuming. I was part of the rehab crew, and part of an amazing Love story I never expected to find. My late wife Sherry's memory recounted another Love that will remain a huge part of me, and I am reminded everyday. Thanks for this story. I quit in the middle of my day of remodeling my own home, as I could not stop reading and spend a large chunk of my afternoon read, laughing, and crying. Well done! 5 Stars!!! (of course, I will never admit the tears part to anyone) I am sharing this with many friends.

Cheers, Dave

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Damm it Cloud! I've read a few of your stories by now, and loved everyone of them. Most of them I was crying at the end. Thank you for the excellent moments they give.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Absolutely fuking amazing...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Indeed far from a short story. And not one I expected to find here. But I liked it. And tears ran reading the end. A good written story about real love. I guess this is what I needed right now. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

My tears say it all, and others below have said it better. Thank you!

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961almost 3 years ago

OMG I new this was going to be a ter jerker when I started it and did very well through most till the last6 couple pages then I totaly lost it took me twice as long to finish thoughs last pages had to keep stoping to blot the tears from my eyes I would give3 you a teen If I could fantastic . it's close to the heart for I am going through something seilar . diferent illness same outcome . keep up the fantastic writing you touched my heart !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I laughed and I cried while reading this wonderfully romantic, very sensual and real story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Loved it.

Author never had a migraine. It's not a headache. The headache signals the end of a migraine.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Loved it

DapitbullDapitbullalmost 3 years ago

This is something im going through but different illness so actually i thought it was me dont know how much time i have let so thank u

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Heartbreaking

Beautifully written

Thankyou

Indulgences1960Indulgences1960almost 3 years ago

Well done... very well done

CaedynCaedynalmost 3 years ago

I have glad tidings for all of you DreamCloud fans. He is still writing, but on another site (Wattpad), using a different nom de plume (mdpotter55). He is currently writing an epic-length fantasy novel called “Unseen” that is nearing the end. Although his collection of stories on Lit are amazing, this latest work is my favorite. Give it a read! And while you’re at it, drop DreamCloud a note using direct feedback to express your appreciation for his works that he is giving away for free. That’s what I did, and that’s how I found out about his new writings. Enjoy!

des67des67almost 3 years ago

Have to admire an Author who dedicated themselves to write with such passion... Truly a wonderful read... Heartbreaking and yet touching... 5 Stars... Much appreciation for writing, You are in a class all of your own... Added as a favorite...

Des...

Rocket081960Rocket081960almost 3 years ago

Outstanding! So we’ll written and enjoyable. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Im sorry i think im gonna go cut some onions 😭😭😭

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I should not have read this at work while I am waiting for a late client. I will have to tell them I have allergies.

Rabid_Reader_Rabid_Reader_almost 3 years ago

Nothing I write could ever convey how beautiful and pure this story was nor how much it touched my soul. You truly have a gift! Thank you!

James_DuncanJames_Duncanalmost 3 years ago

Ye gods, you know how to write passion and love, but god you know how to tug at the heart strings too, always carry on writing, you were born to do it.

ContrahentContrahentalmost 3 years ago

Your beautiful, tragic story made me cry.

5*

A loving and accepting family is everything.

NewnotsureNewnotsurealmost 3 years ago

Holy crap I am 63 and I cried for last 5 pages.Just WOW is all I can say WOW 20 stars if I can

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

what a sweet wonderful love story !

JoeOzoJoeOzoalmost 3 years ago

Like so many others, this brought me to tears, especially Mama’s last words. This story moved me beyond words. It had everything, tragedy, unconditional love, compassion, family. Even the sex scenes blended in beautifully. A simply beautiful story in the telling that brought me in and wrung me out. Thank you so much DreamCloud for wonderfully crafted story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Really great story. Only one mistake, a common one. There is no such thing as a hot water heater. There are water heaters. You don't need to heat hot water. Just a pet peeve.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
It is hard to stop my tears

Many of DreamCloud’s stories are moving, but more than all the others, this one tears

my mind & heart apart. It is so easy to imagine myself in Todd’s position- and the depth of the love & consideration of each other is profound!

This may be the 1st Literotica story that I share with my wife.

Sausage17Sausage17almost 3 years ago

God damn you, you made me cry! Seriously this was…this was great. I knew it was coming and it still got me in the end. 5 stars.

Dapitbull1Dapitbull1almost 3 years ago

Such true love very good story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

😭😭😭😭OMG! So sad but very good. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I have read a lot in these sites but to come across one that is complete and has your attention from start to finish is rare. Thank you

MainboyMainboyover 2 years ago

An unforgettable story. A difficult plot told in an exceptional way. It hurt like hell but it was also so very satisfying. Brilliant.

UltimateSinUltimateSinover 2 years ago

Don't normally comment but this was an utter tear jerker. Heart breaking but utterly wonderful story. Thank you for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Crying, crying, crying for this beautiful story. I kept hoping for a miracle at the end, a Hollywood ending, but your choice was so much better. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My God that was a great story.

EstcherEstcherover 2 years ago

I can’t stop crying. This was beautiful. So bloody beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is extremely well-written. The sincerity, the understated emotion, the details regarding the end-of-life issues… Like everyone else, I too cried for multiple pages. It really is a story about love rather than sex, and that’s why it is so moving, I think. Thank you for sharing this with the world.

NextUnwillingNextUnwillingover 2 years ago

Though the plot of the story is predictable, the story telling was awesome. Couldn't stop reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It was simply amazing, one of the few stories to make me cry

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you for a great story ... had me in tears ... even better imagining Salma Hayek acting Lucia in a motion picture movie

kamdev99008kamdev99008over 2 years ago

Inspirational tale

We can make changes in not only other's lifes but families and generations,

not only in years but in our last breaths of our life

Great job

waifwaifover 2 years ago

5 stars is not nearly enough.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I love whatever little romance is possible in life even when it is filled with assholes for relatives. Was already watching his life fade bg the end of first pade and at the end, couldn't stop my tears from flowing.

tlevanssrtlevanssrover 2 years ago

This is a story worth ten stars or more. Thank you for such an inspirational story. Lots of tears but well worth it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I’m sorry but your story sucks so stinking much, were it a vacuum at least Literotica would be cleaner.

I could not in good faith sign in, because I’d never admit how your story made me cry. I’m bleeping 61 years old. Shame on you. Furthermore don’t ever stop writing & I promise with Bob as my witless I’ll keep reading.

TarlosoTarlosoover 2 years ago

So good..so sad..such a great story...congratulations...a masterful piece of writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

With a choice of 1-5 stars, I would have to give this one 2,375 stars. And I believe I am underselling it. Absolutely freaking-lutely fabulous. I am an old, black man who reads this site looking for stories of cheaters being dealt with savagely. I am NOT what you would call a new age sensitive guy. But darn you Dreamcloud, ya forced unwanted tears out of me with a beautiful story of love and emotional recovery.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

How dare you make me feel these things... 5 stars.

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 2 years ago

This story belongs on its 'similar stories' list.

I was mystified by the strip joint scene early on. Was this in Bangkok? In my state; if you touch a girl on stage anywhere but near the garter on her thigh, big guys throw your ass out. What goes on in a "private dance" is private, of course.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Almost everything you plotted works to make this tale the best and most enhanced it can be, excepting the missing very probable fact that Todd Jr. was missing from Mother Lucia's arms in the final few lines.

That baby would have been the most conclusive proof of -

1. Todd Sr's devotion to bettering his widow's future well-being to the utmost.

2. Lucia's undying love reinforced by that constant reminder of her husband's ultimate gift: his final blessing upon her hitherto sorry life.

3. And finally, this endearing tale contriving for itself more saccharine credit for being adapted by any well-intentioned opportunistic director out there for mass media animated/live-action consumption.

Thank you for the blessed eff*** story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Easily the best story I’ve read here. Very emotional to read.

Irish eyes is a close second.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Holy fuck! I'm a grown man and there are way too many onions nearby. Damn that hit hard both good and bad. I'm loving your stories. Thank you for sharing them. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I have no word that can describe the emotions that your story brought. Absolutely beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

not enough stars available.

e5jerseye5jerseyover 2 years ago

I really have no words for how incredible this story is! So many emotions. Outstanding work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I have no idea if you keep an eye on comments here Mr. DreamCloud. But I hope you do. I hope you feel the love from the people that keep reading your stories and how much you bring such strong emotions to them. You have an incredible talent. I will join my voice with the others here. We miss finding new stories dearly... I have re read your stories at least twice so far. I know the ending. But still... Spliced Onions seems to be the norm anyway. So why I keep reading them back again? Like an Old wise Man used to say... It's not the Destination that is most important... it's all about enjoying the Path to reach it. So... I just love how in just a few pages, you can create a World that set aflame our deepest emotions. Again I thank you for that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

100/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

In the fifth paragraph I knew this isn’t going to be a story that’ll hold my interest. In the fifth paragraph of this literary masterpiece the man doing the rehab stated he wanted a 20 amp electrical service. Obviously the author hasn’t researched residential electrical service needs. I know this story isn’t about the technical part of rehabbing a house but a 20 amp service laughable.

200 amps is more in line with the needs of today.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow, done so well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thoroughly enjoyable and 5 stars. The crass comments about minor details are laughable. If every story I read on Lit was as good as this then I would not put my IPad down all day. Well done Dreamcloud. First class.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A person can not be judged by one mistake in their life. Lucia found her husband the first time he went to the strip club. She just didn't know it at the time, but they loved each other deeply. Too bad he didn't have time to father a baby... WONDERFUL STORY-10 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow. Amazing writing. The whole story was captivating from the beginning. Beautifully written. 100/10

Rocky210Rocky210over 2 years ago

What a great story, I could not get from page to page fast enough, but I did not want it to end. Thanks, now I have to go read the rest of your work.

DuncanitaDuncanitaover 2 years ago

Damn, had me in tears at the end...

Sin_Full_MetalSin_Full_Metalover 2 years ago

Reading through romance for some nice feel good love stories. Peeks in here has my heart ripped from my chest and stomped on. Your getting 5 stars awesome story but F#$k you for giving me the feels.

call_me_hkcall_me_hkover 2 years ago

Damn. One of the best stories that I've read. Wonderfully written. Got me crying towards the end...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous