The Restorative Man

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Caitlin agreed to consult her family physician about trying Linda for perhaps three weeks off the depressant medication but without saying why and she appeared delighted when agreeing to throw a small birthday party in ten days times for Todd's twenty-eighth birthday. She accepted Todd's suggestion she should involved Linda in the preparations and they should invite no more than three couples as guests including Carla Wren and her husband Colin. Todd's theory was involvement in the function could persuade Linda to focus on him and help take her mind off herself.

"Come to dinner on Saturday night and meet Ryan. He will be very suspicious of your involvement with Linda's welfare when I explain what you are attempting to do and I disclose you have no qualifications and no job."

"But you will urge him to make up his mind about me after he's met me over dinner and not before?"

"Yes, of course otherwise he could cancel my dinner invitation."

"Oh could you make that dinner on Sunday evening? I'll be taking Linda out on Saturday night."

"This Saturday night? You have no chance of having Linda agree to that."

"Look, unless I set a short deadline to accomplish that particular breakthrough it won't happen. The only way I can achieve it is through intense applied pressure. I have three days left to achieve that."

"Even if she comes off her medication tomorrow the drug will have residue effect."

Todd shrugged and said minor detail. "Your daughter still possesses a brain and judgment, however impaired that judgment is Caitlin. My advice is keep staunch, don't weaken in your attempts to reprogram her."

"Reprogram her? God that sounds diabolical."

"It describes what's necessary to restore her to normality. Caitlin you are free to ditch my efforts and call in medical experts."

"She's rejected their intervention; oh in that case why do you think you can succeed?"

"Simply because I'm unprofessional. I use sex as a tool and your daughter probably knows that."

"That's absurd."

"I suggest you call Carla and discuss this. Her words to me were Linda needs sex but probably doesn't know that."

"Carla said that?" Caitlin said, probably thinking what kind of relationship had Todd had with Carla.

Todd sniffed and appeared a little annoyed. "Caitlin if you don't have confidence in me..."

"Oh but I do. I'm Irish remember. It is not the done thing for the Irish to always think and act logically. And why should I call Carla to have her say she told you that. That's exactly how Carla would have expressed herself. Tell me, have you ever had sex with a woman over forty?"

"Yes but forget it Caitlin. If Linda found out she'd feel horrendously betrayed."

"Oh is the right-thinking young American man assuming I have designs on him? A loving mother would never consider having sex with her daughter's potential boyfriend. Have I got your mind straight about that?"

"Yes Caitlin. I apologize for being so presumptuous."

"Don't apologize. I was simply thinking what would the likelihood had Linda not been in the equation. A woman can dream can't she?"

"You are some woman," Todd said almost reverently, drawing Caitlin into a huge blush.

That night when Todd went to bed he had an erection screaming for attention so dealt with it. He achieved welcome release and grinned as he cleaned up and said naughty boy. The woman he'd fantasized about doing it doggy had been Caitlin Callahan.

"Naughty boy," he grinned, walking to the bathroom.

Todd visited the Callahan home next morning, Thursday, and Friday morning. On Thursday Linda came out fifteen minutes after he arrived, dressed and quite well groomed and remained pleasant throughout. He stayed for lunch and left soon after.

Caitlin greeted him on Friday mid morning and greeted him excitedly, giving him a fulsome kiss.

"Wow."

"That's for being such a good boy. Your influence is working. Linda has been up for an hour pacing about and asked three times was I sure you would be coming. I'm off now to, er go shopping. Please insist she makes lunch."

"Thanks."

Caitlin brushed by, whacked his butt with her hand and was gone. He closed the door and called "Oh Linda?"

She came into the room and casually said, "Oh hi. I wasn't sure if you were coming today."

"I did say I would yesterday."

"Oh did you?"

Todd was thinking a kick up the butt might bring her alive but thought that might not be considered professional. Anyway he had no wish to hurt her and so he said, "Do I rate a kiss?"

"Whatever for?"

"It's called being civil."

"Well I suppose you may kiss me."

Todd kissed her and was relieved she put a little effort into that.

"And now what?"

Todd thought well here was an opportunity but for what? He had a brain flash and decided to be outrageous. "Take off your clothes and let me see the real Linda."

She looked at him sharply. "No way. I'm only deeply depressed, not insane Todd. You are disgusting. Where is my mother?"

"Gone shopping."

Linda looked startled and said, "What leaving you alone with me?"

"Yes Linda. I believe she regards me as an unlicensed therapist and I know she trusts me. Do you trust me?"

"I suppose so."

Todd looked at her crossly. "Could you please be a little more enthusiastic?"

"God you are a bully. All right, I'll undress. I have no problem with that although I can't see how this equates to therapy. You really are a strange guy. You are not to touch me."

"Not without your permission, yes. I promise."

"You won't be getting my permission. God what an optimist."

She undressed slowly, facing him, and it was something Todd would never forget. For a start he couldn't believe she was cooperating and then cooperating by doing something so bizarre. The other thing was, as expected, she slowly bared a body beautiful. He couldn't recall being in close proximity with a nude woman with a body being so near perfect. A pulse in his neck thumped. He had the idiotic thought that if they both posed together nude the crowd would go wild.

What? Well it's impossible to control thoughts once they have formed.

"Well what do you think?"

He smiled. "I thought you'd have a great body but not this great. I'm in awe."

She looked at him thoughtfully.

"Now continue cooperating. Climb up on to the table, taking care. Lay on your back and dangle your legs over the end and spread them."

"I don't want you to touch me."

"I won't lay a hand on you and will keep zipped up."

Although not smiling Linda said lightly, "You are disgusting."

Todd thought he'd not detected disapproval in her tone. Well that was promising for her recovery.

He adopted the professional air of a consultant. "Now Linda, this little exercise now becomes a test of your more refined senses. In undressing for me you have already proven you are not paranoid about hiding your tits and pussy. Now I'm coming between your legs like this and will blow on your nipples. Let's see if they will harden.

Todd blew gently until Linda declared, "It's no use I've lost my sexual sensitivity. No wait... lick them. That will have them up like pencil ends."

"I'm sorry but I promised not to touch you."

"Go on, what's a promise? Lick and nibble them."

Although tempted Todd backed off.

"What do you think of my pussy? It's not well trimmed at present but I'll get back to that when I feel better."

"It looks great, fat-lipped and sleek. Hey, I have an idea. Lie back again and keep looking at your nipples. I'll blow on your pussy."

Half a minute later Linda screamed, "They're rising. Omigod that part of me that interests me is working again."

"That's great," said her therapist, taking the last deep sniff of pussy odor before pulling away. He saw a couple of beads of moisture appear at the slit and almost darted forward to slurp them.

He pulled Linda up and she kissed him and invited him to suck her breasts.

"Er no thanks. I promised no touching."

"Oh damn. When does the embargo expire?"

"At noon."

"Oh goodie. I'll prepare lunch now and at noon you can undress me and touch me to get my nipples up again and they have your way with me if you wish and then we'll have lunch. Oh how divine."

"You sound heaps better Linda but I have to tell you this: we don't fuck until we have been out on a date."

"Then I'm dating you tomorrow night."

"Well survive that reintroduction to society and you can have my dick up you if that's what you really want. Of course when I meet your father he might say get out of my daughter's life before I shoot you between the eyes you fake therapist."

"But he'll seen the enormous improvement in me since you became my therapist and mom will vouch for your beneficial efficacy."

"Well reasoned Linda. Even your thinking is on the up."

And then the whole plan turned to custard.

Within an hour of arriving home next morning Linda and her father had a flaming row with Ryan accusing her of dragging her feet towards getting out of her depression. Caitlin joined in, taking Linda's side and when they explained how a young guy had been helping her psychologically Ryan became interested. But when he asked what qualifications did the guru have Ryan saw the two women glance nervously at each other and he guessed the situation.

"Oh yes, I see," Ryan said, moving to stop this carry on. "He's a guy who sits beside you Linda talking softly and stroking your breasts while you fight to keep his hands from straying lower and that makes you feel fine. Well he's not coming back into my house."

"You bastard," Linda screamed and went running off to her room, crying hugely.

"Yes you stupid bastard. You have thoughtlessly undone all the good work."

"No woman calls me a bastard," yelled Ryan, aiming a slap at her face. But Caitlin was too quick for him and ducked under his flying hand and ran into the kitchen and seized a knife but it was not needed.

"Sorry darling, I over-reacted," he called. "I'm going in to apologize to Linda."

Caitlin dropped the knife and went running to him. "Leave her please Ryan. Let her calm down first before you go to her."

Ryan kissed her, patted her face and said tenderly he was sorry. "I'll go and unpack."

Caitlin reached though the gap between his shirt buttons and said she had a better idea, tweaking a nipple. "I have been without sex for longer than I like."

They had late lunch, Linda joining them.

Her father said, "I'm sorry Linda for over-reacting. The thought of some unqualified jerk attending to you when your mind is emotionally on a knife-edge made me feel sick in the stomach. Yet my answer was to over-react."

"May I have him here again."

"No."

"Are you been mean to me daddy?"

"No."

"Mom?"

"Let's remain calm over this. I shall invite him to visit us tomorrow afternoon. Ryan, I want you to be there. Then after coffee if you are impressed enough to allow him near Linda again I want to take him somewhere quiet and assess his suitability to engage him to sort out your business affairs."

"Have you been drinking?"

"Shut up and listen Ryan. He is Todd Hamilton and has a business degree and has acquired something of a reputation as a business troubleshooter, according to Carla, who was at university with him. She was speaking with someone who took Todd's position in a trucking company after Todd had successfully re-launched the company leading a restructuring and re-branding program. Todd recently returned from the UK and because of something else Carla knows about him she asked him to take a look at Linda and her plight."

"I can't believe I'm hearing this."

Caitlin's eyes narrowed and she said, "Don't be stupider than an Irish drunk Ryan. Look at your daughter, look at her closely."

Ryan looked across at his daughter who for the first time in three months looked at him steadily, not dropping her gaze.

"He has odd techniques daddy and perhaps some touch of power but I think what he's doing is to challenge me and aiming to reset my confidence to re-establish my belief in my self worth. You'll not want wish to hear this daddy but he'd trying to make me feel sexy."

"Jesus."

"Steady Ryan," Caitlin said. "Remember what I told you about being Irish, that many of the Irish believe in the Little People because they have no reason to doubt their existence and if they see one or more they really believe. Whether or not he knows it, I believe Todd Hamilton has the ability to reach people's belief and coax them to strengthen it. Carla said the trucking firm he turned around almost single-handedly had been heading for collapse. So I wonder why those in control didn't just sigh and say no let's stick it out to the finish and do nothing to attempt business survival? I suspect it was because that listened to Todd Hamilton. Do you hear me Ryan?"

"Yes I hear you. You and Carla ought to be in business together. Combined, you two would have sufficient belief to make a real killing if everything went to plan."

"Ouch Ryan Callahan, is that you saying something clever to me?"

Father and daughter just loved it when Caitlin lapsed into her childhood way of speaking. Ryan blew Linda a kiss and told his wife to go call this Todd guy and invite him to visit tomorrow at 3:00.

Caitlin looked at Linda. "Would you like to make the call dear one?"

"I...I... Mom you tell him we struck a problem and tonight's date is off as is lunch tomorrow but we are good for afternoon coffee where he'll meet dad. Just say I'm feeling almost like singing again but am now there yet."

"Lovely little speech darling. I'll pass it all on."

* * *

Back in her bedroom, Linda pulled up the blinds for the first time in three months and busied herself tidying the room and making some minor changes including removing the sheet masking her dressing table mirror.

She was aware this wasn't all the influence of Todd Hamilton. She knew Todd had stimulated her mother and her mother had then behaved more positively toward her, abandoning the tiptoe approach of a caring mother and that had helped. And then surprising her dad's belligerent reaction, so much like a bull just keen to charge, had energized her because she had no intention of allowing her father to block her seeing Todd again.

Christ she was thirty years old, almost long in the tooth. Her father was out of order bossing her around like that even if it were his home.

She had not intention of having sex with Todd, um not immediately. She feared men touching her but expected that to pass. No just being associated with him conversationally was good, perhaps all that she required. He was pretty good looking with a great physique although a tad narrow at the shoulders.

She thought of Todd penetrating her with his dick and had to sit down, her pulse racing. God did that mean she'd resumed sex much sooner than the year she'd predicted?

Linda squeezed her thighs together and stroked down a breast. Omigod, she was ready for it, wasn't she? She had virtually forgotten that jerk of a husband. What was his name?" She rushed off to clean her bathroom to block out any attempt for his name to squeeze into her mind.

Meanwhile Caitlin was fucking Ryan again simply because that's what she did whenever she was emotionally stimulated. She'd called Todd to say tonight's date with Linda was off and she apologized that lunch was also off.

Todd took those announcements without complaint but she could sense his disappointment.

"You husband has blown his stack, hasn't he?"

"Everything is calm now," Caitlin said diplomatically and she then related Linda's message.

"Well she has improved hasn't she, not slipping into regression over that upset."

"She's actually a very strong young woman Todd. When you experience her in full cry, her face creased in a big smile, her eyes shining you'll be seeing my daughter how she was before that jerk of a husband screwed her up. He'd a beast and I felt like cutting out his balls."

"Er I can imagine your fury," Todd said nervously.

"Now for the rearranged program if it suits you. After cessation of hostilities we all agreed it would be fine for you to come for coffee tomorrow at 3:00. Mention was made about you interested in fixing my husband's business if that's possible and Ryan had the grace to ask me if I'd been drinking. Well I sorted him out gently suggesting he only take you off to talk about a business arrangement if he found after drinking coffee with you and his family that you didn't appear to be the monster he'd pictured you as being."

"Oh fuck. Does that mean I have to stand on my head and sing or something like that?"

"Todd Hamilton, I know you have a smooth tongue when conversing with women but do you really think that's the language to use when talking to a lady."

Todd loved hearing her pretending to be really Irish and took the risk.

"You can't be a lady because I really like you."

"Oh pretending to be Irish are you, attempting to befuddle me with your sweet words?"

Todd said it how it was. "You are among the most appealing women I've ever met Caitlin."

With emotion spilling from her voice Caitlin said, "Don't be late tomorrow darling. Tension will be in the air so don't over-expect."

She put down her phone and thought God he was so exactly the right man for Linda.

That evening Todd went to one of Ryan Callahan's restaurants for dinner, late dinner because the restaurant had been full when he attempted to book and he thought that was good because any restaurant able to seat a late-thinking diner between 6:00 and 9:00 on a fine and mild Saturday night would have reason to feel worried.

Well after that visit the only word for his overall impression was 'adequate'.

CHAPTER 4

The thickset fifty-four year old Ryan Callahan, a lined face almost hiding a light welcoming smile, greeted Todd at the door.

"Welcome. My understanding is you've been here before?"

"Yes three times. You have a very comfortable home in a lovely setting. I'm Todd Hamilton."

"Hi Todd," Ryan said, shaking hands. "Please call me Ryan. I've been checking up on you without much success."

"What to see if I've ever misbehaved?"

Ryan said coolly, "To try to convince myself that I ought to allow you to analyze what's wrong with my business."

"Ah. Well I haven't reposted my web page in this country yet. I must do that. Here's my obsolete card from an English university. Use the address to find a web page on me that is still posted there. It's presented for academics but lists my experience and full background. Call me if have questions. Caitlin has my cell phone number."

"You call my wife Caitlin?"

"Yes like you she invited me to call her by her first name."

"Oh of course. Um I've been asked to be hospitable to you. I've not made a good start have I?"

"It's fine, especially from a guy who is not happy I have been hovering around his stricken daughter."

Ryan glanced at Todd and smiled. "Thanks for acknowledging that and I must say I admire your confidence. Come through. For some reason the girls are all dolled up."

"Perhaps one day you'll have reason to recollect the importance of you and I meeting Ryan."

Ryan waved Todd through without replying but eyeing the visitor.

Caitlin and her daughter were standing waiting and Caitlin welcomed the visitor warmly and kissed him enthusiastically, something that would not have passed unnoticed by Ryan although he was watching his daughter's reaction.

Linda was smiling but looked a little undecided until Todd held out his arms.

She hesitated.

Todd kept his arms out and said attempting an Irish accent, "As your mother is likely to say, 'Oooh is there something wrong with me today?' Come on Linda, take the plunge."

She stepped forward into his embrace and they kissed and Linda lowered her head on to his chest and only lifted when Todd released her.