All Comments on 'The Road Ahead'

by CraCyn55

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
God I *LOVE* your stories!

Thank you for presenting all the emotional sides of the issues around human sexuality and it's context--how "society" expects us to behave. I love the way you have looked at all sides of the issue--both the incredible power and passion of the forbidden, the pain that can and often does happen when that unquenchable lust for life collides with the things we think are the way life is "supposed to be", (because someone else who inherited the same idea passed it on to us), and the ways in which that pain can be redeemed into even more vital, real, deeply happy and loving relationships if we re-examine our assumptions about what somebody told us "should be", and compare them with our own experience of what is.

Truly brilliant! As far as I know you're unique in the genre.

Please be encouraged that you are not alone in this, either as author or as someone who can relate. There are many of us who love your work (as evidenced by the high scores, not the few but vocal critics who for reasons I cannot comprehend, keep reading things that clearly distress them greatly!)

And, please DO keep writing!

ruthmarie32ruthmarie32over 19 years ago
Wot, Goodwifey isn't calling you nasty names yet?

I'm shocked!

Wot's the point of reading your truly wonderful and well-rounded, fully developed stories, if I can't then read the bitterly vicious vindictive slander it provokes in the minds of people who want to inflict pain on themselves and others in the name of their twisted sense of wot's right?

They seem to get some weird pleasure from reading things they hate, even tho they clearly know wot to expect, so why don't they stay out of the loving wives section? They're clearly looking for BDSM instead!

sherlock40sherlock40over 19 years ago
I have a question

Why is it, that in your written world, it is always the husband that has to change to relate to the wife? After the wives exhibit the self-control of a 3 year old in a room of open candy bins, why is it always the husband that has to change his thinking to hers, his moral beliefs to hers, his idea of sex to hers? In your world, even after years, the husband is the one making all the changes. The wives, even after experiencing the emotional devastation of real consequences happening to them, make few, if any, changes in their lifestyle.

Also, if the wives knew of their tendencies before they got married, didn't they love their husbands enough to tell them about their fantasies and needs beforehand? The old idea that the husband couldn't take the news that their new wife is a sexual creature, is unlikely in today's modern society. (Notice I said modern)

One more thing, you (and other authors) have used the phrase, "All married men want to see their wife have sex with another man." I beg to differ, just because several men have said yes in some men's magazine, doesn't mean that all men want this to happen. Several men like to drink beer, that doesn't mean that all men like to drink beer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
As another Ted who gets it, thanks.

Attraction is mysterious and leads to some wondrous moments.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous