The Saga of Tythoros Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Alas, Callioa's back had not touched the ground, nor was she out of bounds. The match would continue until she conceded.

"Submit, Callioa!" shouted Sidrophus. "There is no shame in losing this match between friends. You fought valiantly."

"I am not beaten yet!" screamed Callioa. She roared and struggled for many minutes afterward, determined to expend all of her energy in a vain attempt at escape. Though she tried with all of her strength, and her body grew slick with perspiration, Tythoros' hold was unyielding. He allowed Callioa to prove her fidelity to Artemis, and never once did he accept the chance to take her virginity by force. Tythoros had acted exactly as Callioa hoped he would.

But alas, she never got the chance to tap out.

Tythoros and Callioa both froze in the ring. They and Sidrophus had heard it at the exact same time. An unearthly rattling noise was coming from the neighboring forest, and they knew exactly what that meant.

Tythoros turned to Sidrophus. "Our weapons! Now!"

Sidrophus ran to where their weapons lay. He tossed the spear to Tythoros, who stood to catch it just in time to drive the iron point through a fiery red ant the size of a bull.

Instantly, a horde of Myrmekes descended onto the field. Tythoros and Callioa were standing beside each other once more, using their combined strength to keep the insect beasts at bay. Callioa broke the legs and mandibles of her attackers while Tythoros drove his spear through the Myrmekes' vulnerable joints. All the while, Sidrophus loosed one arrow after another into the Myrmekes' flesh-colored heads.

The ground was quickly littered with crimson shards of carapace, though the travelers were badly outnumbered. Far worse, Tythoros and Callioa became slower and weaker as the battle continued, for they had not yet recovered from the wrestling competition. Sidrophus was better-rested, but the Myrmekes were drawing close enough to make his arrows worthless.

"Retreat!" cried Sidrophus. "Follow me, into the woods!"

Tythoros fought his way backward, through the sea of abominations surrounding him. He was beset on all sides by encroaching Myrmekes, but it was surprisingly easy to deflect their mandibles. The monsters defended themselves from his attacks, but they were not overly aggressive in fighting back.

In fact, the Myrmekes had begun to retreat by the time Sidrophus and Tythoros reached the edge of the field. It gave them relief to stop fighting, and the clamorous rattling of legs and mandibles could finally be purged from their ears. But then they heard the screaming.

Tythoros' face fell with an awful realization. When he heard those screams, he knew that the Myrmekes wanted their prey alive.

Over an ocean of crimson ants, Tythoros could see the form of Callioa, naked and helpless as she struggled to free herself from the mandibles of her captors.

"CALLIOA!" roared Tythoros, as he ran towards her.

The enraged warrior had to leap over the corpses of many fallen insects, but he did eventually catch up to the horde. With fresh anger to power his muscles, Tythoros killed a handful of Myrmekes bringing up the rear. But his efforts were for naught. Mere moments later, Callioa had been taken out of sight and hearing.

Tythoros had fallen to his knees in sorrow and fatigue when Sidrophus finally caught up with him. "Take heart," said the prince, "for there could only be one reason why they have not killed her yet."

They both looked on as the Myrmekes marched onwards toward the Rila Mountains. Tythoros answered his friend with rage and anticipation in his voice.

"They are taking her to Dusedre."

***

The story will continue shortly. In the meantime, I look forward to your comments and feedback.

Recognition is due to Carl "wrestlechampion" Adams, whose detailed instructional videos on YouTube made this chapter possible. I'd also like to thank dind, the editor for this chapter.

Thank you for reading.

12