All Comments on 'The Worm'

by sack

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Oh boy

As usual, it is the little things that matter. The store manager and several customers chased this woman into the parking lot because she accidentally knocked some cans over. I can see the crazy mother getting that worked up, but complete strangers? Not buying it. And I cringed at the detectives who had been working all day to establish the crime scene and -with no end to their work in sight- casually begin eating what could be evidence at the crime scene. And don't even get me started on the logic of dressing up as worms to cheer up a woman having nightmares about worms. Compared to these weird behaviors, the supernatural transformations seemed down to earth.

Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskinover 18 years ago
Now that's one spooky horror story

Sack, you more than earned a five with that story. A great piece of writing.

Rumple

cookiejarcookiejarover 18 years ago
Your mind ...

Is suitably twisted for Halloween Mr. Sack. This grossed me out but in a good way. Good luck!

Cookie :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Sack

You are definitely twisted. Sick and gross, and I loved it.

sacksackover 18 years agoAuthor
my dear anonymous....

You've obviously just skimmed this story. We don't know what the mom-witch said to the store manager. Maybe she lied and said Sue threw cans at her first and another customer saw her knock over the display on purpose. It doesn't help much that Sue was high tailing it out of the store as if she were guilty. As for the dectectives, they were deliberately portrayed as crude, even the names were crude (Sid!!). The crime scene was near the pool, not in the kitchen. So, unless they were actually looking for the worms (they weren't, remember), eating an overripe banana wouldn't change anything. When Tom performed oral sex on Sue, he got the worm "essence" in his body, and was now on the worm's "side". Thus, his refusal to go to the doctor, cavalier attitude about the worms etc. I'm surprised you didn't attack the obvious incongruity....wouldn't 6 foot worms be noticed in the garden? They must have shrunk to their normal size as the clock struck midnight on Halloween. (Sue was declared dead at 11:59, remember). If you want to pick on scientific inaccuracies in a story such as this, you'll have a field day, and vote it down accordingly. But, that was not my intention. I wanted to make you scared, disgusted, angry, etc., all those good Halloween emotions. Well, I guess you got angry at least! Sorry this story didn't "worm" its way into your heart!

Extreme BohunkExtreme Bohunkover 18 years ago
*gag*

Eheeewwww! Sack, that was gross! My face was scrunched up through the whole story. Good job! Taking a simple, everyday thing and making it an object of terror.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
*puke*

A few minor technical issues kept me from giving it the 5, but the story is absolutely disgusting! Well done.

Black TulipBlack Tulipover 18 years ago
Did you have to

bring food into this? Good gracious, I won't be able to eat for at least a week after a story like this. Ewww!!!

I'll check my coffee before taking a sip as well. Yuck.

But you did a wonderful job of scaring me.

Black Tulip

Boxlicker101Boxlicker101over 18 years ago
Gross

and disgusting but fun. There did seem to be some confusion among angel hair, spaghetti and macaroni but that was of no consequence. Don't worry about Anon; Halloween stories are notoriously unscientific.

Alex756Alex756over 18 years ago
The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out....

Nice :)

Excellant story arc, and a suitable amount of gross for the holiday :)

~Alex

rgraham666rgraham666over 18 years ago
Eeyuck!

Good one. :D

Honey123Honey123over 18 years ago
EWWWWWWWW

So grosss!!!!! But a really good story! Yuck..worms...

~Honey

AliyahlovinsexAliyahlovinsexover 18 years ago
LOL

This story didn't make me creeped out it was kinda funny acutually. Sorry if that's not the emotion you were trying to evoke, sack. :p Great writing :D

bearleebearleeover 18 years ago
Weird Shit

Great story-worth a 5-but damn, that is some weird shit LOL

Selena_KittSelena_Kittover 18 years ago
Atkins anyone?

I'm glad I'm low-carbing. Ewwwww! Thanks for the creep-out... <shudder> and good luck in the contest!

cymrycymryover 18 years ago
~

HA! Too good!

"Kill the Worms, Kill the Worms!"

You have a sick and twisted mind...I LOVE it!

Unsung MuseUnsung Museover 18 years ago
Squelchy!

Delightful!!! But I mustn’t be as easily repelled out as most…

I giggled all the way through it! Perhaps I have a worm fetish?

[okay, I just grossed myself out]

BlackShanglanBlackShanglanover 18 years ago
The spaghetti ... dear God, the spaghetti!

This is the most wonderful mixture of humor, horror, and grotequely disturbing images. I still can't get past the relatives clustered on the step, dressed up as cheery little worms. This was inventive, amusing, and yet quite horrifying as well - a difficult blend to pull off, but perfectly handled. Well done indeed Sack - this is a quirky, delightful treat that defies all genre and indeed all description. Just read it.

hugo_samhugo_samover 18 years ago
Scary

Very imaginative tale taking a very different direction to horror. No one will look at a worm the same.

BelegonBelegonover 18 years ago
Nice Job Sack

Very inventive and original. And a good sustained use of the theme. That's the first time I have heard that apple/pear joke and I think I am going to have to tell it to my kids. Now who would have imagined I would take that from an erotic horror story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I read the story and I was really impressed

and then I saw your comment to "anonymous"! Damn, I thought it was a true story! I hope you have some left of what you were drinking... it's time to share! You're about as wierd as I am! "Thanks a Lot!"

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Funny Story!

Is eating half a worm bad? Should she have done that? Whatever - this was a hilarious story. Interesting Write!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous